Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I am mafia yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I told Somber to sign up for Super MegaTokyo Mafia because I am a big dumb idiot who can't tell things apart.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
bideo gaems

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
also, the only Atlus game I've ever played was the GBA Tactics Ogre, but it remains one of my favorite games ever to this day.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I don't know who is on my team but can be swayed to vote for someone.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
All I know is that I like people.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Like to make outfits from their skin? Like to eat their kidney and drink some nice Chianti?

No like, I like people. Not demons or whatever the thinly-veiled YHWH analogue is.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Rarity you could jokevote me! I'm not convinced you'll voe for me otherwise :v:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
CT are we getting part 2 of our role PMs any time soon? Also ##vote Ernie because maybe we can steal his money.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If I were in Ernie's position, I don't think I'd be willing to spend all of my money at the first opportunity, which suggests to me that he has more than 50k. That's pretty much it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
It was also partially a joke. This is why people think I'm scummy early in the game! I can't help it that I'm bad at jokephase because I'm not very funny.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

also independently of anything else, i really think amnistar is scum this game

He puts way too much emphasis on his vote this game so far.

Yeah I like this a lot better.

##vote Amnistar

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

weekly font posted:

##vote EXAKT Science

I don't like this vote, it seems like an attempt at deflection after a weak explanation.

k

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dugong posted:

why emphasise the vanilla part? I get that a lot of players here lunch 3rd party just as quick as scum but then why did you not just say "I don't think you are vanilla town?"

##unvote

PMom has this meta things where he always claims vanilla town at the start of every game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why doesn't it make any sense? I didn't say I would vote anyone voting Amnistar AT THIS MOMENT, I followed through on my promise and frankly I feel like EXAKT was begging for the vote.

I like voting :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I have a pretty strong suspicion that we're dealing with more than one scum faction.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

bowmore posted:

expand on this??

SMT's alignment system suggests it. In the game, there are two axes, Law/Chaos and Good/Evil, with both axes having neutral in the middle. Diqnol claims he's good here:

True and Real posted:

I fight for the forces of Good!

That probably means there's an Evil faction as well, and I wouldn't be shocked if Law/Chaos were factions as well. Diqnol, what's your win condition?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

bowmore posted:

You guys know that it says nothing about this in the op??

Please note that there will be some unconventional mechanics, and as such it's probably not the greatest game for a newbie to join!!

##vote bowmore

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

The OP posted:

Please note that there will be some unconventional mechanics, and as such it's probably not the greatest game for a newbie to join!!

##vote bowmore

mafiaedit to add quote

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You asked me to elaborate on my point, and I did. Now you're dismissing it out of hand because the OP says nothing explicit about it, even though it does say there are unconventional mechanics and we have someone claiming to be Good aligned. What's your win condition, bowmore?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also, if I were Chic, I wouldn't say that there were multiple alignments with different goals in the OP. It'd be something I'd leave for the players to figure out on their own.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

bowmore posted:

eliminating those opposed to humanitys rule i guess

hmmmm...

##unvote

bowmore posted:

why did pmom claim to be vanilla town when that probably doesn't even exist in this game

Could just be PMom doing that thing he always does, but there could be more to it. Let me reread his Somber case.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

bowmore posted:

the way he said it totally hosed with me and i'm like "nah mate, you are definitely not that"

DO you think he's a better vote than Somber? Also what did you think of the Somber/Hal interaction centered around Hal's vote on me?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Okay so absent other information, it would appear that the three of us share a common goal.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah I would very much prefer a toaster vote to a Somber vote, personally. Somber has been pinging my gut a bit, but I'd rather keep him around until at least tomorrow in case he is town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

Scum Somber always makes an effort D1.

So does town Somber. I don't think this is a tell.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Oh, I did forget to vote again after I unvoted bowmore. Thanks Taste!

##vote AtrociousToaster

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I clarified in a later post that I was not claiming to be Good-aligned.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

I'm agreeing with this. In that order, actually. Maybe add Amnistar ahead of Hal.

Haha yess.

oh god will you list in order who you think the scum are

i just want to know that you're not arbitrarily swinging around your vote to save your own skin while providing no content

My top picks for scum right now are Toaster, Hal, Amni, Tithin, in that order.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

right ... everyone who the thread is currently talking about puppy cuddling

where did bowmore and somber go? why did you feel like voting bowmore over setup speculation that made it impossible for him to be kept until day 2, but are okay with keeping a scummy somber around till then?

I thought I had caught him in a lie about his alignment, but then it looked like I was wrong, so I backed off.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
bowmore I trust your read on Ernie.

##vote Ernie

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

True and Real posted:

You don't trust me :(

Diqnol could you restate your case on Ernie? There have been a lot of posts recently and I've admittedly only skimmed a decent number of them.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Alright, this seems reasonable as well. :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Meinberg posted:

Look, I just want to make jokes, okay?

Meinberg it's day 2. Don't you think that's a bit late to try to make jokephase happen?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

haha what the hell?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

tithin posted:

May I please be replaced. I was just made redundant and as such am not in the mental space to play mafia.

Shiiiiit, that sucks a lot, dude :(

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##offer 55000 Macca

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
DAMMIT PMOM

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

bowmore posted:

#offer 55001 Macca

bowmore more like bidmore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dr. Hurt posted:

Where the hell are you getting all this money from?

We shouldn't ignore the possibility that it was a fake bid to draw out bids of 55000 Macca, which it did.

• Locked thread