Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hi everyone! I'm reading up as we speak and hope to break my current tradition of having no idea what to say at the beginning of large games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Big Nothing posted:

My new 'lets murder these guys list' now cosists of Exakt, Toaster and Hal.

Murmer twin, who do you want to get killed the most? This huge list of mixed opinions is driving me nuts

I read the thread through once and wrote down a list of people to case first - Ernie, EXAKT, Hal, Rarity, Diqnol, Dugong, Asii, Little Mac. None of that is super-scientific at this point but those are who my gut at least told me to take a second look at. I feel like definitively saying who I want killed the most without going back and looking too hard at the game wouldn't be productive right now, but looking at the leaders right now:

Somber is at least putting out cases. If he's town that's a huge help, if he's scum it will be easier to catch him in a slip-up down the road. Plus, given that he is known for effort D1, the fact that there is momentum against him feels shady to me.

Attrocious Toaster's posting reads like newbie than necessarily "town" or "scum" right now. Making a post, getting accused of being scum, and then freezing up/getting defensive is something I did in my first few (town) games so I don't really like the votes on him either.

As for people I'm suspicious of:

Asiina

Asiina posted:

Bad vote

##vote AT

Asiina posted:

I believe in Goku.

That whole alignment wincon chat was weird as hell and I think tithin looks the worst out of it.

Would vote.

Asiina feels more low-effort in this game than I'm used to. Not counting (what I assume was) a joke vote on Mills, these are the only game-related posts so far. Granted, it's D1, but I feel like there has been enough stuff going on that there is more to base reads on.

What about that exchange made Tithin look bad? Right now he feels town to me but I acknowledge I might be missing something. If anything,

bowmore posted:

P sure Tithin is town

That's a rock fact

coupled with multiple people vouching for Bowmore makes me not want to vote Tithin.

True and Real:

PRs like these always feel like an attempt to give the impression of content without necessarily doing so. Stuff like:

[quote="True and Real"
Piccolo, I'll never understand you! You subvert the stated goals of your actions by explaining them and thus remove any chance of a genuine reaction test. Whatever they do, it will now be calculated! As to your secondary goal, you're basically moving us from namek back to earth in pulling us from jokephase at the expense of dragging Freiza with us in that the content will be useless. Trunks and his sword of scum hunting are not yet ready. I thought you had repented but I see you're still a grumpy old man.
[/quote]

I can't understand what I'm supposed to be getting out of this.

True and Real posted:

Don't be so sure about that, Krillin.

Can you elaborate on this (response to Bowmore's post about Tithin)?

More later after I justify my salary a bit.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

[quote="True and Real"

:eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

True and Real posted:

Really? How can you tell? Gosh, they all look pretty much the same to me.

What? No way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEA9fId0z_c

..ok, to be fair I figured it out what you're saying (that Tithin calling out the cases against Somber as forced isn't genuine) but I don't agree with you. The case against Somber that PMom put out:

PMom posted:

Pinterest Mom posted:
What a weird, concern-trolling fake content post!

He characterizes both bowmore and I, and specifically our interaction, as "weird", but doesn't comment on our alignment at all. The conclusion you would expect to draw from thinking our interaction is weird might be that we're scum buddies faking an interaction, but Somber doesn't go there, and in fact wants neither of us to receive votes.

He says he's impressed with bowmore's effort?? Which has been to pop into the thread occasionally and say "yep, Pmom is still scum"

##voter somber

i'm not moving.

feels like making a mountain out of a molehill to me - I don't see why a town player wouldn't make note of the fact that Bowmore/PMom were going after each other (or why they would need to derive an alignment from that observation). I agree with Tithin here.

EXAKT Science

EXAKT Science posted:

I have a pretty strong suspicion that we're dealing with more than one scum faction.

EXAKT Science posted:

SMT's alignment system suggests it. In the game, there are two axes, Law/Chaos and Good/Evil, with both axes having neutral in the middle. Diqnol claims he's good here:

That probably means there's an Evil faction as well, and I wouldn't be shocked if Law/Chaos were factions as well. Diqnol, what's your win condition?

EXAKT claims to extrapolate that Diqnol is hinting to be on the 'Good' side which clued him in to their being two factions. But there's this post at the start of the game:

EXAKT Science posted:

All I know is that I like people.

Which to me feels like the same thing he's saying Diqnol was doing (hinting he's on the good faction). I don't know anything about SMT, but it seems weird to me to declare that 'Good' is a scum faction - the fact that EXAKT seems to know this hints to me that he's in it.

Also,

EXAKT Science posted:

CT are we getting part 2 of our role PMs any time soon? Also ##vote Ernie because maybe we can steal his money.

If I were in Ernie's position, I don't think I'd be willing to spend all of my money at the first opportunity, which suggests to me that he has more than 50k. That's pretty much it.

EXAKT Science posted:

Please note that there will be some unconventional mechanics, and as such it's probably not the greatest game for a newbie to join!!

##vote bowmore

Both of these votes felt forced to me.

I'll ##vote EXAKT Science for now, still reading others.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Big Nothing posted:

Quoting for truth.

I feel fine lynching any of the following 3: Somb, Atrocious and Amnistar

Big Nothing posted:

My new 'lets murder these guys list' now cosists of Exakt, Toaster and Hal.

Murmer twin, who do you want to get killed the most? This huge list of mixed opinions is driving me nuts

(first post by my timestamp was 2/15 at 16:57, second one was 2/16 at 14:36)

I don't like how all of Big Nothing's vote choices are people who have had momentum against them / have been lynch leaders are various points. I'm also curious what made Hal go up the list when he didn't post during that time at all.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

The relationship between Pinterest and Bowmore here is strange, Pinterest has been overly defensive and Bowmore has been overly aggressive. Specifically it seems odd that Pinterest has cared as much as he has so far when Bowmore's vote has zero traction. I don't know if Bowmore's pressure is lazy, although I understand the characterization. Honestly I'm fairly impressed with bowmore's effort so far, considering the weekend start. I am not interested in voting either of them and would appreciate it if they went somewhere else with their votes.

Mills posted:

If you think two town players are having a slap fight you don't classify that as "weird". It's straight forward. Your read of the players is that they are being genuine but misguided. At no stage would it be appropriate to call this behaviour "weird".

On the other hand if you think two scum players are creating a fake slap fight, that their interactions are faked, odd, strange-sounding, then you might assign the word "weird".

I see what you're saying here, but to me "weird" (or strange/odd) would be a way for Somber to point out that Bowmore and PMom are going after each other despite seemingly better vote targets, but that he's not sure what it means (is it misguided town? or the work of one or more scum?). Implying that he should post as if he knows what they are based on D1 interactions doesn't feel right to me.

That said, Met's point that Somber's votes are all over the place is pretty good. I'll give Somber a good read next but that might not come until after I get home from work tonight.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm here, but (a) left all my game notes at work and (b) am multitasking over the next hour. Quick opinions on lynch leaders:

Capps - no clue whether he's town or scum, but he's not adding much game-wise and would be willing to vote there.
Somber - I think he's town, but his flip would give information based on how people seem to have taken firm stances on him.
Toaster - really seems like newbie town to me.

I'd prefer to vote Capps but would do Somber.

Suspicious to me: Mills, Asii, Big Nothing, Dugong

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Wow, this thread moves fast.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mills posted:

How about Big Nothing?

Look at this poo poo. White noise, a single lazy vote, and no reasons for it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700096&userid=160862

Big Nothing is my strongest read for scum at the moment and I'd vote him. As mentioned before, I don't like how his suspects list (a) changed quickly with no explanation and (b) was all people who were being cased by other people.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm going to ##vote Somberero, I'd prefer that to AT or a no-lynch and am going to watch a movie soon. I'll check back one more time near the deadline.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Little Mac posted:

Oh good there's two scum teams what the gently caress

Pinterest Mom posted:

we already "knew" there's two scum teams~

Little Mac posted:

I get it now but the implication was we should have known yesterday. Just because my role pm says neutral doesn't scream two scum teams ya know?

What if your role PM doesn't say "neutral"? :aaa:

I feel like if it said chaos (and you missed the speculation during day one about two scum teams), it would explain you not jumping to the conclusion that there were two scum factions. ##vote Little Mac

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

mr.capps posted:

pmush

##vote pmush

Yeah, on that note..

Poison Mushroom posted:

poo poo, I forgot deadline was tonight!

##vote Somberbrero

I only skimmed, but he's posting weird. And I mean weird in that his posts aren't nearly off-the-wall and bizarro-land enough to be "Town Somberbrero in a nonstandard set-up".

Poison Mushroom posted:

Look, if I take the time to skim his posts again and rearrange my thoughts into something sensible, deadline will be past and gone.

The long and short of it is that Somber is playing weird, but not Somber weird. Town Somber is almost always either incredibly on-point or completely out in the loving stratosphere. Since he's neither right now, I kind of have to assume he's not town.

My takeaways from this:

- PMush isn't trying that hard to hunt scum (skimming + forgot deadline)
- PMush is voting Somber for "posting weird" because, on day 1, he is somewhere between incredibly on-point or completely out in the stratosphere. (how could she possibly gauge this this early with no flip information yet?)
- Mills' point from earlier kind of works here, actually: the fact that she calls Somber "weird" but not "scummy" feels to like she isn't posting from a town point of view.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't know if it's him faking content, being scum, or just being a buzzkill, but I don't like it, either.

##vote Amnistair

Amnistair's challenge generated discussion about who might be scum - I don't see how that can be seen as faking content and I don't see how that makes him scum.

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Met

Or I could just vote you for putting your vote in the hands of potential scum rather than playing.

This also doesn't seem like a real reason to vote someone. It's one vote on day one of a 25-player game, and using it as leverage to gain money is a rational play. I don't see what's scummy about it - if he's scum, he doesn't need to make that move, and if he's town he has no idea what the alignment is of the person who buys his vote.

After writing this PMush feels like a stronger vote than Mac to me but they're both pretty high on my list. ##vote PMush

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

poo poo, I forgot deadline was tonight!

##vote Somberbrero

I only skimmed, but he's posting weird. And I mean weird in that his posts aren't nearly off-the-wall and bizarro-land enough to be "Town Somberbrero in a nonstandard set-up".

---

Look, if I take the time to skim his posts again and rearrange my thoughts into something sensible, deadline will be past and gone.

The long and short of it is that Somber is playing weird, but not Somber weird. Town Somber is almost always either incredibly on-point or completely out in the loving stratosphere. Since he's neither right now, I kind of have to assume he's not town.

Dugong posted:

what

I agree with you. I do not like that the whole case on Somber started because of the 'weird' chat and yet one of the votes on him was because he himself was acting 'weird'.

Adding to this - going into deadline Mills was adamantly throwing out other targets to shift the vote to (Dugong, Big Nothing) but skipped over PMush despite the fact that she was doing the exact thing he was jumping on Somber for. Granted we were at deadline and so it's entirely possible it was a timing thing, but I find it worth noting that he didn't have any opinion of PMush's posts at all.

Poison Mushroom posted:

...look, my landlady screamed at me for five minutes about six loving dollars worth of chicken the day before yesterday and kind of cemented in my mind that she's a loving loony, so I was a little preoccupied, alright?

I hope me casing you isn't seen as me attacking you personally or anything, all I'm doing is pointing out things that stick out to me as possibly untrue amidst a game where people are trying to deceive each other. :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

"dig yourself out" :rolleyes:

i'm voting at based on how both taste and mills worked hard to keep them from being dunked, in light of mills and taste's flips.

What happened to 'wolfed'?

Also, I can see the point here but I feel like Mills/Taste's actions could be just as easily explained by the two lynch leaders being non-law-aligned and them just trying to showboat near the deadline to gain cred. Regarding Toaster, (a) his reactions to Somber's questioning appear like genuine frustration to me, and (b) this being a game with two (assumed) scum factions makes me lean towards anyone who got that much momentum against them D1 probably being town.

Ernie. posted:

capps disappeared and i guess he's more popular now than the last time i caught him doing his fake flavor/theory-crafting thing so it's more difficult to get traction on him

when capps tries to break the game, he always does it for town

i.e. 'everyone claim what flavor you are, guess the bad guys are ____, okay anyone who doesn't know ____ is scum' etc.

here he only did it to the favor of one of the scum-teams, by giving them a plausible excuse to later say 'hello, i'm 3p and chaos aligned but i swear my win condition is compatible with town's'

it's a weak case on anyone except for capps, because this is literally the strongest part of his game

How did Capps try to break the game again? From what I can tell you're referring to these posts:

mr.capps posted:

couldn't chaos be a bunch of 3ps as well, hence chaos

the name is literally chaos

Which seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to say there. When I saw Mills/Tastes' flips my immediate assumption was "two scum teams" and my reaction to Capps' posts was "wow, good call, that does make sense" - I feel like you're creating a whole lot of subtext in his posts that I'm just not seeing.

Mills pinged me because he was acting so sure that Somber was scum based off overanalysis of his posts; your argument on Capps feels like the same thing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

oh whoops, i didn't read the full flip, still the rest of my post or case doesn't hang on that point, it was just a supporting thought

Ernie. posted:

it's not a genuine thought! or a genuine thought process! there is no way for us to know whether law-aligned is a bunch of 3ps or a singular scum-team. the running assumption is that law-aligned is a scum-team because of the logical conclusions we can draw from the flavor of the game. the same logical conclusions that should apply to chaos-aligned.

instead, capps decides to have an uphill battle in the opposite direction, trying to give credibility to chaos-aligned players (see above).

It seems like a pretty central part of your point to me - I'm surprised that upon finding out that we have good reason to believe Law is scum beyond "flavor conclusions" your feelings on Capps don't change.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

the case on capps is independent of the alignment of anyone else in this game, and independent of the mechanics of this game and independent of anything anyone else has said in this game

the case on capps is 'he doesn't flavor-guess unless he's breaking the game for town. what advantage does saying chaos-aligned, who we haven't seen flip yet, are 3p, give town?'

the motivation of the post is 100% scummy, like just think for a second why town capps would think that that was a relevant theory to make its own entire post as one of the first things he said today

Because capps (a) tends to post stream-of-consciousy, and (b) if town, doesn't have perfect information, and posted the theory as he thought it (which makes more sense to me given how soon it was after Mills/Taste's flips).

You could be correct, of course, but the fact that you seem so sure of it feels like you're faking a case to me. Like I said, similar to what Mills was doing with Somber - your posts don't read like someone who is trying to find scum, they read like someone who is trying to incriminate someone else based on one or two sentences.

##vote Ernie

I'm also suspicious of Little Mac and would like to hear more from him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

how is this different from diqnol?

Posting from work so I'm not going to individually quote everything but I can provide references if need be.

When I first read the game I thought Diqnol was scum posting a bunch of nonsense while hiding behind a PR. But after giving him a read, I see a good variety of attempts to start discussion on potential scum, using a lot of conclusions that I either agreed with or independently came to myself. The specific difference between Diq and what I'm seeing from you is his willingness to consider that his original reads might be wrong with subsequent changes of opinion (Tithin and Capps), which says "searching for scum".

But also, I've agreed with him on:

- Mills' case on Somber being forced (which was proven correct)
- Somber making an earnest effort to scumhunt and being a bad lynch (which was proven correct)
- You and PMush being suspicious (I've put cases out so won't repeat them)
- Toaster and bowmore leaning town

...while disagreeing with him re: PMom, hiip, and Met, all of whom I am still mostly neutral on.

Whereas with you, I found it weird that your original case on Capps involved not knowing that Lawful is scum, but then not changing your mind once learning that we have good reason to feel sure of that.

Also, I don't really like you saying "I'm going to play lazy, I don't care if you lynch me, just do it for the right reasons" - I can see playing lazy, but I can't think of a reason to actually announce it / use it as a defense unless you were trying to rationalize poor scumhunting / give the impression that you don't care if you're lunched.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

i don't know how to defend against any of this because it's all wrong

think what you will

Fair enough!

Dr. Hurt posted:

But are you a TRUE 90's kid?? The world will never know.

I graduated high school in 1997, ask me anything.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

Out of all of the old Nickelodeon live action game shows, which one would be best with a modern reboot?

Tie between:

Nick Arcade - amazing concept but it was clear that when the kids were "in the video game", they were just in front of a green screen without a clue what to do. It's been 20+ years, they need to give that another shot.

and

Finders Keepers - I used to dream about the chance to trash a house and not only face 0 repercussions, but win prizes.

quote:

Also what do you think about Capps this game? I feel like Ernie is pulling at straws when it comes to saying he's trying to break things to his own purposes.

Suspicious due to low effort (appearing only in time to stop a low-effort lynch on him), but I don't feel strongly enough on him either way to vote or defend him. Basically he's made statements that I agree with (Somber/AT being both town and scum letting a lynch happen, PMush being suspicious, possibility of Chaos being 3Ps) but nothing that was really hard to just come up with off of skimming the thread.

I do think Ernie is scum, so his aggressive casing on Capps makes me lean town. And if I were going to vote someone for suspiciously lurking I'd go with Mac over Capps (theoretically PMush as well but since wall monitor replaced her I'm more wait-and-see there).

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

I knew you were good people. I was expecting the standard Legends of the Hidden Temple, but Finders Keepers is a good cut. And yeah the way they hid things was total bs on Finders Keepers was total bs but I would love to trash a house. it really tapped into a place that everyone has where they just want to destroy things.

I unfortunately find myself playing the adult version of Finders Keepers, where I've misplaced my car keys and am late for work. That's far less fun.

Dr. Hurt posted:

This is honestly a pretty good case on Ernie and Capps. Thank you for the effort on this. Although at the same time, couldn't a scum capps also make most of these same points? A hard bussing Capps could push Somber/AT being town (at the expense of his teammates), Mush's suspicion, and Chaos. It could be possible that you are giving Capps a little too much town cred?

Murmur Twin posted:

Suspicious due to low effort (appearing only in time to stop a low-effort lynch on him), but I don't feel strongly enough on him either way to vote or defend him.

Basically he's made statements that I agree with but nothing that was really hard to just come up with off of skimming the thread.

Based on his posting, my read on Capps isn't town, it's null. I agree with your points on a scum Capps - none of the things we agree on are so deep that they couldn't be fake opinions.

Your turn! Make a case on someone that hasn't been made yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

Give me a little bit to look and try to make a case that has yet to be done.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Yes this is me buddying up to you. Do you see it thread. Do you see how I name dropped Exakt in an attempt to be his bff? Take note folks.

This is certainly an interesting approach. :crossarms:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I took a look at Hal this morning:

--- Day 1:

The Ernie/Amni/EXAKT votes felt like D1 shenanigans to me. The Dugong vote was put out with a justification but he doesn't make any effort to push it past that one vote. He eventually lands on Somber despite not agreeing that it's a good vote (he doesn't mention anything about thoughts on AT, the other leader at the time).

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will vote anyone who is voting for amnistar, for reals

Hal Incandenza posted:

TRAP SPRUNG!

##vote EXAKT Science

Hal Incandenza posted:

This post feels real awkward to me. First off it makes no sense the way it is written, very careless. It's also is kind of a banal point and it literally leads nowhere. Then there is a random unvote of.... Little Mac? That I guess was a joke vote? The only reason to slip that in there is if he felt self-conscious.

##vote dugong

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think the Somber vote isn't very good either and his points about bowmore were perfectly valid, bowmore is as engaged in this game as any I can recall.

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Somber

poo poo didn't realize how close we were

--- Day 2:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ernie seems pretty legit to me this game, what is everyone's beef with him?

He doesn't explain what about Ernie is legit, nor does he have any interest in reading what the cases on him are, nor does he offer any cases up..

Hal Incandenza posted:

##offer Amethyst and Posomudi stone

...but he is around to bid on an item.

I think Hal is scum and would vote him as well.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

i think hal [is] town

What's this based on?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ernie seems pretty legit to me this game, what is everyone's beef with him?

Posted after Ernie's case on Capps.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't paid much attention to his case in capps yet,

##vote Hal Incandenza

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean on my more thorough reread today hotshot.

I'm also basing the vote on the other stuff I posted this morning, for what it's worth.

quote:

Still, I know it is put up or shut up time today.

You haven't made any cases yet since saying this, only saying who you think is town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I am here on a phone. I don't think Voting Hal will go anywhere.

#vote Ernie

I'm keeping an eye on the thread and should be around for deadline.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I just saw that I screwed up my vote ##vote Ernie

That said I lean scum on both of them.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Little Mac posted:

I would actually turbo capps if we could in these fifteen minutes because it would be a hilarious twist. I have no read on Capps.

It seems disingenuous to take credit for the Ernie lynch given the attempt that was made to switch it to Capps at the last minute.

Little Mac posted:

Like this is loving stupid and letting this ride is ridiculous. This is only helpful if you share this information with your own team only i.e. if you're able to talk outside the thread.

Little Mac posted:

If you're getting the information JUST FOR YOURSELF then what the gently caress? When I play I consider town my teammates. Do I know who my teammates are? No. However, doing what you're describing is actively working against my own team. If you're trying to get this info for yourself and then it's not shared with the town then what's the loving point?! That's such an awful move!

Little Mac posted:

I realize that you outbid Ernie, by the way, and if you're town and saying your reasoning for doing it was similar that's loving dumb. Overbidding as town is stupid.

Little Mac posted:

Yeah man being happy about lynching scum is so loving tryhard. You guys who have voted for me are morons, you understand this, right? Ernie probably wouldn't have gotten lynched if I hadn't helped push him, you understand this, right?

Little Mac posted:

lmao you are voting me because I asked Diqnol to explain his vote and then you post that you are also curious but I AM DEFENDING HER. You're actually dumb and bad! It is amazing! Rarity's vote is also dumb because it actually would have been really funny had we turned and lynched capps successfully and comedy > the right play. Always.

The fact that Mac brands everything he disagrees with as "stupid" (as opposed to "wrong") implies to me that he's forgetting that town players aren't working with perfect information. The amount of effort he's putting into analyzing auction strategies + dismissing cases against him is also suspicious when compared to the effort he's put into hunting scum.

##vote Little Mac

True and Real posted:

##vote Asiina

On a 1-10 scale how confident are you in this vote?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Asiina

I feel like Diqnol has been too invested in the game to risk flat-out lying here.

Little Mac posted:

I'm not saying I'm confirmed town. I'm saying votes on me right out of the gate are real dumb and nonsensical.

Can you explain what makes them dumb and nonsensical? In my opinion, the reasons to vote you (defensiveness + lack of scumhunting) are perfectly valid.

Who are your biggest scum suspects and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

So we are voting for me because diqnol said 50. Got it.

For what it's worth, I'm voting for you because

- none of your votes on D2 had cases behind them (see PMoms meta read)

- given that Ernie was scum and I still think Mac is scum, anyone who tried to jump on that Capps turbo feels suspicious to me

- since Diqnol initiated the vote and seems sure it's correct, your flip should help give information about him as well

Asiina - who are your top scum suspects and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

True and Real posted:

I still cannot believe you people are just letting me vote like this

:shrug:

We're at -2 on Mac, I still think Asiina is more of a sure thing but if people feel strongly about hammering Mac, I'll vote.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Little Mac posted:

Can someone sum up the case on me? There are a lot of votes that are simply given without reason. I'd like to be able to refute it. Please note: Is happy Ernie got successfully lynched is not actually a case.

Rurea posted:

NOW ITS TIME FOR THE ALMOST FAMOUS, PATENT-PENDING
@$#$@$#$@$#$@$#$ RUREA RADICAL CASE $#$@$#$@$#$@$#$@

:words:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rurea posted:

Did any of you REALLY read what I wrote? Connecting Dr. Hurt and Little Mac was like connecting North Korea to 9/11. Little Mac hasn't played the best game, I'll admit, but my case on him was extremely made up on the spot and forced.
Let's get rid of this dude.
##vote Big Nothing

:golfclap: For what it's worth I've thought Mac is scum since before your case.

What are your thoughts on the Trill voting for Asii?

(This question goes out to anyone who wants to answer.)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

True and Real posted:

Anyway guys, I just chose Asii because she seems scummy. I was planning on using the data of who supported me to find scum but everyone seemed okay with my insanely lovely vote. I'm still fine hanging her but god loving drat

Asiina posted:

But...but Diqnol! When someone asked you how sure you were from a scale of 1-10 you said 50!!!!!

That is ironclad proof!

:doh:

I figured his vote on you was the result of a cop (or other PR) investigation, to me that was the most obvious reason to come out of a night phase with an unexplained vote on someone that you're "super sure about".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Meinberg posted:

Right now, the modkill list is myself, Exakt, Big Nothing, Asiina, Dugong, weekly font, Met, and Murmur Twin.

Wait, really? How do we see the list of how many posts we have?

(I hate basing activity on number of posts - I usually try to make my posts longer to make up for the lack of quantity)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

True and Real posted:

Why in the world would you not ask me to claim that, then? Scum would come to the same obvious conclusion.

My "how sure are you on a scale of 1-10" was my attempt to do so in a non-obvious way, figuring that Asii's flip would be the thing to confirm or deny what you were saying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

True and Real posted:

What's rude is people who have put a pathetic amount of effort into the game are now padding postcounts without increasing the quality of the game to avoid a modkill.

True and Real posted:

Twin, do me a favor. Pad your postcount. You're obviously town and I don't want you out of the game at all.

Hah. I'll see what I can do, given that I'm at work. I've been slow with casing because Little Mac and Asii both felt like really good votes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why are you so comfortable with capps being town?

Also, I mean, Diqnol is cool and all but him being "sure" isn't really that powerful. He could easily turn around and say "oh hey I was just trying to get a reaction" because he does that sort of thing.

My thought - and I'll go back and doublecheck this - was that every time someone on the brink of death ends up being close to being lynched and throws out a Capps turbo, they were scum (Taste and Ernie - and in my mind at the time, Mac and Asii).

Hal, how's your sexy demon wife? Does/did she do anything cool?

EXAKT Science posted:

gently caress it just modkill me. I don't have the energy for this game and it isn't fair to the people who are actually playing.

:smith:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rurea posted:

Are you going to keep your vote on Lil Mac

Can you tell me your actual read on Mac? Even though your case was on the spot and forced, I don't like how we're all of a sudden assuming he's town and that people who listened to you are scummy.

I thought Mac was scum before what you posted and one intentionally-weak case shouldn't exonerate him. Also, it startles me how close you let him come to getting hammered before the big "Gotcha!" if you never thought he was scum in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Good morning! I'm trying to read over this game with a fresh set of eyes.

Meinberg

First off, it's been awhile since the two of us have Mafia'd together, but he was one of the first people I ever thought I had figured out a meta on. When he is comfortable and just being himself he is polite and wordy; when he's lying or concealing the truth he is short and curt. I'm not a huge fan of meta cases and my reads on him is months old - I'm just bringing that up because it's what I was looking for when I was reading over his posts.

Casing Met:

Meinberg posted:

Oh man, I forgot about Met. I suppose that's a problem of these especially large games, it's easy for players to get lost in the shuffle.

##vote Met

^post made on February 16

Meinberg posted:

Good joke

##vote Met

Meinberg posted:

I agree that Ernie very well could be a member of the Law team.

I think Met is worse at the moment, but I'm willing to vote Ernie.

Meinberg posted:

On-topic: I continue to find Met's tone aggravating and his arguments facile.

Meinberg posted:

Huh, that's actually pretty clever!

Personally, I think Met is the scummiest of your list, but I might just be biased against him. I'm still rereading through things with the flips in mind, but I'll take a more careful look at Met when I'm done.

Meinberg posted:

Taste seemed very eager to get my vote off of Mills/Met at the end of D1. I'll keep that in mind as I look at Met.

^post made on February 25. For 9 days Meinberg has been suspicious of Met but has made 0 effort to explain why or convince anyone else that Met is scum. He never even asks Met any questions to try and prove if he's right, he just throws out votes and promises to explain them later. This screams to me that this opinion is manufactured.

In fact, none of his cases or votes really have any conviction or explanation behind them. He prods other people for questions but never takes a strong stance on anything:

Meinberg posted:

Bowmore, who is scum and why?

Goku, who do you think is scum?

I feel like Mills is being ~disingenuous.~ Which is to say that his tone sounds fake to me.

Looking back over Toaster's history and it's bad, but it's newbie bad not scum bad.

I guess I could vote capps. He's a Mafia treasure, so I'd be sad to see him go, but his content this game has been suspiciously low.

I haven't read PMom as carefully this game. There seems like a lot more noise from her thus far.

I agree that Ernie very well could be a member of the Law team.

I think Met is worse at the moment, but I'm willing to vote Ernie.

Little Mac certainly doesn't look good in review, but there's not a lot to go on either. At this time, I'd rather go after someone who I think is scum and who has been more active in the game.

(re: EXAKT) Good thing it's not a case then! It's more of a proto-case, a seed of suspicion that can grow into a full case with further examination. You very well could be telling the truth about your motivation, but without further examination there is no way I can tell whether you are lying or not.

Looking over it I feel more sure about Meinberg than anyone else at the moment. ##vote Meinberg

Meinberg - who do you think is scum and why?

• Locked thread