Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

victrix posted:

Monster Hunter is a Good Game.

Monster Hunter is a great series, one of the best out there. There are few games as satisfying solo, and as enjoyable coop.

If you have not played Monster Hunter, you should remedy that, because it is awesome.

... and all that said, I'll be skipping MH4U because I loving hate hate hate playing MH games on handhelds :eng99:

I'll be cheering you guys on from the sidelines while I wait for a console release in another year or two :unsmith:

Id just suck it up and get a New3DS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Haquer posted:

It's not getting a console release.

I really wish they'd start doing PC releases. Isn't this thing on MT Framework? That's easy as poo poo to port.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
They aren't going to do that either

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Ignimbrite posted:

Annnnd here are my completed resource maps of the two areas in the demo, the Ancestral Steppe and the Sunken Hollow, FOR A SHORT TIME ONLY NOW WITH BONUS LEGEND BUY 2 GET ONE FREE, OFFER ONLY FOR OUR NEXT FEW CALLERS

Oh god this means I have to do resource maps for the other maps in the game now, right :negative:

It's been out for a year in japan, just wait for people to adjust their translations.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

They aren't going to do that either

Only reason I'm hopeful for them to eventually do it is becasue they've been so prolific with their other titles Resident Evil, Lost Planet, and Devil May Cry all got great PC releases so I can hold out hope. Also thank god the drat charm table poo poo is gone even after 400 hours in 3U I still had no loving idea what that was about.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pretty sure the charm table thing was a bug they never bothered to patch out because Capcom.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Isn't this thing on MT Framework?

Nope!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Abandon all hope and enjoy the scraps Capcom gives you

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

:smithicide: Leave it to capcom to have their biggest series not be on the company owned engine for easier porting.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I mean there is MHO which is in perpetual beta

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haruharuharuko posted:

Only reason I'm hopeful for them to eventually do it is becasue they've been so prolific with their other titles Resident Evil, Lost Planet, and Devil May Cry all got great PC releases so I can hold out hope. Also thank god the drat charm table poo poo is gone even after 400 hours in 3U I still had no loving idea what that was about.

Console and PC games don't sell well in Japan soooooo :rip:

They see MH as a portable series first and foremost now.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
MHO is also going to be either exlusively for or at least designed with an eye towards the Asian markets, who play MMOs differently from the West and often involves a hell of a lot more grinding, gambling and cash-shop fuckery.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Haquer posted:

They see MH as a portable series first and foremost now.
Especially true for Monster Hunter after WiiU's performance with 3U.

At this point it's probably fair to assume the series is just a portable game and deal with it. Not terribly thrilled with it, but personally, I'd rather "need" to buy a portable than a home console, so it's hard to complain. Honestly, if Nintendo could give me a TV out and optional wireless support for their controllers so I could otherwise treat it like a home platform I'd be just fine with it.

Any rate, while I would be willing to literally buy all of my friends copies where Capcom to release on PC, I'm already blowing that money on a new platform, I do have one friend who seems interested in picking up a 3DS and Monster Hunter so he has something to do during his downtime at work.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 11, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pierson posted:

MHO is also going to be either exlusively for or at least designed with an eye towards the Asian markets, who play MMOs differently from the West and often involves a hell of a lot more grinding, gambling and cash-shop fuckery.

Imagine a world where crafting your weapons and armor has a failure chance like item combining does, and the failure chances are all much higher across the board! :smithicide:

e: and drop rates are worse

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

Imagine a world where crafting your weapons and armor has a failure chance like item combining does, and the failure chances are all much higher across the board! :smithicide:

Holy poo poo yeah Im never playing that game ever

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I am so unbelievably stoked to finally get to play this game. And not only that, it'll be my first real foray into multiplayer hunts, having only played 3U before. I can't wait to hunt monsters with all you beautiful goons. :3:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

deadly_pudding posted:

Hahahaha why the gently caress does anyone put up with that bullshit

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

New thread and two more days for the new game :toot: I'm excited to stab some dinosaurs!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Also was it confirmed the game is releasing on the eshop at 12am EST or PST? Please say EST so I don't have to alarmclock the download :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gonna turn so many monsters into hats.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Evil Mastermind posted:

Gonna turn so many monsters into hats.

Gonna turn so many monsters into Bagpipes and Electric Guitars

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

deadly_pudding posted:

Hooray got that dragon gem finally...... and it's gone. :(

I'm hoping the snow we're apparently getting tomorrow doesn't delay shipments.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Two days until I can get back behind my shield and whine pitifully in fear while I poke big scary monsters to death. MANLY.

I also plan to try and pick up the Hunting Horn. I've been practicing a bit in the demo but I was all Lance and LS in 3U so I'm not used to weapons that have more than one combo.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Haquer posted:

Hahahaha why the gently caress does anyone put up with that bullshit

I used to play PSU in college. That was like on the least annoying end of Asian MMO crafting systems :eng101:
I put up with it because I'm a big weeb.

Monster Hunter gets a little frustrating with the Desire Sensor sometimes, but at least what you get when you craft is always what it says on the tin.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I need to hunt monsters, im going absolutely insane waiting for this game. Please eb games, break street date so I will actually buy poo poo there for once

Chumpy
Dec 28, 2008

Nap Ghost
Gonna have to sit this one out for a while, I bought a Wii U for 3U and still have all of G rank to trudge through. As a working class adult that rarely leaves the house a handheld just doesn't make sense for me.

Pretty envious of the shark fin armor in the last thread though.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm hoping the snow we're apparently getting tomorrow doesn't delay shipments.

Yeah, me too. I'm planning on going to a friend's place who lives a couple of hours away and is also super into MonHun for the weekend, but I can't really do that if my system and game don't show up. I'm just hoping to see a tracking link in my email tomorrow so I can keep refreshing until my fears are assuaged.

Also, super pumped to try out the new weapon types. Probably going to main lance or switch-axe, unless the Charge Blade is super rad.

EDIT: Looking at that Charge Blade tutorial, it looks super rad.

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 11, 2015

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wait a second, I must be ridiculously unobservant because I just noticed a "Field Pouch" in the inventory? Do they give you a fourth page now?! Will I not have to throw away items for parts when I'm dumb and overstocked? Or is it only for certain things? Someone else online said it was just Account Items, but weren't sure.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

LizardBeam posted:

Yeah, me too. I'm planning on going to a friend's place who lives a couple of hours away and is also super into MonHun for the weekend, but I can't really do that if my system and game don't show up. I'm just hoping to see a tracking link in my email tomorrow so I can keep refreshing until my fears are assuaged.

Also, super pumped to try out the new weapon types. Probably going to main lance or switch-axe, unless the Charge Blade is super rad.

I haven't tried the Charge Blade as of yet. Looks rather complicated, but I kind of want to go into the full game with the wonder in my eyes for it still.

I tried the Insect Glaive on the demo and found that the camera adjustment drove me nuts when I was trying to aim, hoping the new 3DS fixes that with the C-Stick. I'm sure it will.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Wait a second, I must be ridiculously unobservant because I just noticed a "Field Pouch" in the inventory? Do they give you a fourth page now?! Will I not have to throw away items for parts when I'm dumb and overstocked? Or is it only for certain things? Someone else online said it was just Account Items, but weren't sure.

According to Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2sss7o/can_someone_explain_what_the_field_pouch_is_its/

Reddit posted:

In Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, they added a 4th in-field item page. You know how we all have 3 pages of inventory that we can haul things into the field? You'd gain an extra page to help you pick up supplies or harvest extra stuff without having to throw stuff away. Any extra items in the field pouch will then be transferred to your storage after you're done with the quest.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I tried the Insect Glaive on the demo and found that the camera adjustment drove me nuts when I was trying to aim, hoping the new 3DS fixes that with the C-Stick. I'm sure it will.

I got pretty good at using it in the demo and it got to the point where I never bothered aiming, just hip firing it when you are near the body part you need basically got me anything I had to get.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just called GameStop to see if I could do the ID transfer there. They said I could, but then said that because I didn't pre-order, I might not get a system because their allocation was so small despite this being a huge f'ing release.

Oh Gamestop. This is why nobody likes you. :allears:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just called GameStop to see if I could do the ID transfer there. They said I could, but then said that because I didn't pre-order, I might not get a system because their allocation was so small despite this being a huge f'ing release.

Oh Gamestop. This is why nobody likes you. :allears:

good to know

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Apparently it could take "up to two hours" to complete the transfer.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i am extremely prepared to beat up monsters and take their body parts this friday, thus strengthening myself for the next-baddest thing out there

eventually there will be nothing left

and i will be a god

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

A Spider Covets posted:

i am extremely prepared to beat up monsters and take their body parts this friday, thus strengthening myself for the next-baddest thing out there

eventually there will be nothing left

and i will be a god

*drinks*

*flex*

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Haquer posted:

*drinks*

*flex*

God this game is hard.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm not going to get my Special Edition nu3DS until the 23rd at the very earilest. I hate you fuckers that get to play it from day 1, but I hate Gamestop more! :argh::argh::argh:

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm not going to get my Special Edition nu3DS until the 23rd at the very earilest. I hate you fuckers that get to play it from day 1, but I hate Gamestop more! :argh::argh::argh:

I feel like I'm being super irrational, but I keep worrying about whether or not I'll get mine on day 1. Gamestop STILL hasn't charged me for it, it's been sitting in pending since ~30 minutes after the drat thing was announced. Their support claims that it's going to ship and be here on Friday, but with them not charging me yet, I'm still very concerned.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

And they wonder why they're losing business to Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

G-Prime posted:

I feel like I'm being super irrational, but I keep worrying about whether or not I'll get mine on day 1. Gamestop STILL hasn't charged me for it, it's been sitting in pending since ~30 minutes after the drat thing was announced. Their support claims that it's going to ship and be here on Friday, but with them not charging me yet, I'm still very concerned.

Has anyone received a shipping notification yet? Mine's been sitting as Open forever.

• Locked thread