Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
we all know computer professionals love coffee. need those black beans brewed to bolster brains!! BOOYEA

ill start this beast off

just made some coffee out of my auto drip. yea yea, not a french press or whatever, but gently caress off wouldja? i grinded it myself this morning. FRESH. some kinda trader joes coffee.

what kinda coffee r u drinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
just finished my thermos full of papua new guinean coffee, now enjoying a homemade brownie, wishing id made more coffee. ah well, c'est la vie...

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
I used to buy fancy coffee but I lazed out and now I just grind up starbucks french roast and make it in the aeropress every morning. it's quick, it's good, and the whole day goes downhill from there.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sounds pretty good. ive never used an aeropress, but the name sounds high-tech and very YOSPOS

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I drink medaglia d'oro instant coffe, op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

I drink medaglia d'oro instant coffe, op

can u pls tell me more about this? ive never heard of it

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

i'm not actually sure what blend we're using these days but close enough

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i drink a lot of peet's coffee in the office, smythe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lamont Cranston posted:

i'm not actually sure what blend we're using these days but close enough

this looks fancy. YOSPOS really IS the richest subforum on Something Awful isn't it? Cripes!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

i drink a lot of peet's coffee in the office, smythe

sounds interesting. How do you take your coffee?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
aeropress is definitely the most yospos way of making coffee. i use a chemex tho bc i drink too much coffee

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

sounds pretty good. ive never used an aeropress, but the name sounds high-tech and very YOSPOS

Correct. the guy who made it is an engineer so every cup delivers a perfectly brewed autismal coffee experience.

also the same guy made like 8 varieties of frisbee if you're into that

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
coffee is gross

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

aeropress isn't yospos since it's efficient and cleans up after itself.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i didnt get a computer science degree and as a result im unbelievably poor. as such, ive never used any coffee machine other than an auto drip i scavenged from the dumpster behind the YOSPOS luxury condominium complex. can someone explain this to me? or, alternatively - POST SOME FREAKIN COFFEE!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Smythe posted:

sounds interesting. How do you take your coffee?

strong and black

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
there is a good drip machine its called a technivorm and it isnt that expensive anymore

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im a little nancy boy, a wimpy little human being. a simpering weakling. so how do i take my coffee? strong and blakc TO COMPENSATE. real man take their coffee with cream and sugar.

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

im a little nancy boy, a wimpy little human being. a simpering weakling. so how do i take my coffee? strong and blakc TO COMPENSATE. real man take their coffee with cream and sugar.

hmm yes let me just crush up a snickers bar and dump it in there too while I'm making desert for breakfast

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

newreply.php posted:

there is a good drip machine its called a technivorm and it isnt that expensive anymore

i did a quick little Bing of this and its 330 american greenbacks. now, i know thats not muchh with a YOSPOS-style salary, but its just out of the question for most people on gods green earth. ive got a mr coffee auto drop. i got the model that aint even got a clock or nothing on it. just a switch that turns it on and off. andyou know what? its pretty fuckin good.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Smythe posted:

can u pls tell me more about this? ive never heard of it

it comes in a jar and it's not bad, but fresh coffee is still better usually

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wells posted:

hmm yes let me just crush up a snickers bar and dump it in there too while I'm making desert for breakfast

yea? and?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

i did a quick little Bing of this and its 330 american greenbacks. now, i know thats not muchh with a YOSPOS-style salary, but its just out of the question for most people on gods green earth. ive got a mr coffee auto drop. i got the model that aint even got a clock or nothing on it. just a switch that turns it on and off. andyou know what? its pretty fuckin good.

oh they are €150 here now. sorry about ur lovely deal on exquisite coffee making devices smythe :(

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Wells posted:

make mine.... BulletProof!

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
look if you're drinking anything but straight black coffee hand picked by artisan farmers on the moon and processed by this guy:

I just really don't know what to tell you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Smythe posted:

i disagree with your assessment but it may be true for other coffee drinkers you have run across

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Gah! What the hell is that ??

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

a cute animal what eats coffee cherries

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
most kopi luwak isnt even from civet cats and civet cats arent cats at all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
The heck is a coffee cherry?

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
more importantly, has anyone tried making coffee out of regular cherries?!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Anyone else wanna chime in Bout their coffee? Lurkers?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i drink maxwell house in the office cause its free and consistent at home i drink some guatemalan stuff that i grind and french press

there was a guy at my last job who would buy unroasted beans and roast them himself in a modified air popcorn popper in the parking lot and it was the best poo poo

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
its time for my second coffee of the day (after lunch coffee). I have 3 coffees a day, during workdays. im going to have a coffee from the work machine, which i hate. it makes disgusting espresso coffee at the touch of a button, but noone cleans it. i press teh button for 2 shot of espresso and boil the kettle (240v so it only takes a minute) because im too good for teh hot water from either the machine or the hot tap. once i top up my cup with water i drink teh coffee just like that, while complainign about it and broiwsing teh pos.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
coffee gives me a headache but i really like the taste so its a permanent unfulfilled desire of mine much like having sex with a real life woman

every once in a while i forget about this and have a coffee and really enjoy it and think mmm this is really good i wonder why i dont have coffee more often

and half an hour later im like oh thats why

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

poty posted:

coffee gives me a headache but i really like the taste so its a permanent unfulfilled desire of mine much like having sex with a real life woman

every once in a while i forget about this and have a coffee and really enjoy it and think mmm this is really good i wonder why i dont have coffee more often

and half an hour later im like oh thats why

coffee takes away everyone else's headaches and gives them to you

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
There is a coop roaster that I get random poo poo from, then brew in a bodum or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i have an aeropress at home, which i like. and a burr grinder. and i have a metal filter for the aeropress but honestly i think teh paper filter work better.
i have a moka pot but its aluminium which im convinced i can taste in teh coffee.
french press is good too

but i just get whatever beans from teh supermarket

• Locked thread