Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I started emulating DQ8 but haven't found time to really play it. It has a slow beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Sir AIDS posted:

Hmm. Interesting points everyon---ADOLF HITLER hosed MY rear end!!! friend of the family BALLS!!! -e. Lol, sorry. My tourettes is flaring up today :D

dude... i love adolf hitler and the word friend of the family... u dont need to apologise for poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sir AIDS posted:

Hmm. Interesting points everyon---ADOLF HITLER hosed MY rear end!!! friend of the family BALLS!!! -e. Lol, sorry. My tourettes is flaring up today :D
This is you in the middle of your post

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Pablo Gigante posted:

This is you in the middle of your post

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my hypothesis holds true

Maybe it's just that the imp zone is chill, some non-partisan like me should do a thread named "are final fantasy games good?". I only really really like dissidia so I'm basically outside of the loop, I liked FF XII a bit since it's there are no random encounters with "switching to battle screen" like the others, and who would even like that, it's like shoveling poo poo directly into their mou-
holy poo poo is already happening to me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

thsi is like one of the top 3 events in human history after the invention of fire and the first guy to paint on cave walls

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

I.N.R.I posted:

9 is good

I hate the sidequest system more than anything in this universe or the next.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really liked #4 (4 in US)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nihnoz posted:

I hate the sidequest system more than anything in this universe or the next.

wont argue with that. i didnt do any i had to go out of the way for

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ralp posted:

I really liked #4 (4 in US)

that's my fav of the 2d games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Sd9HP8njA

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

the voice aciting in the scene where the hero sneaks up on the guy who stole trodes horse makes me rofl

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKusE08OOdg

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the voice aciting in the scene where the hero sneaks up on the guy who stole trodes horse makes me rofl

it's the best voice acting in gaming, and i'll repeat this until i die

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKusE08OOdg&feature=player_detailpage&list=PL4F2A8A87DE00424D#t=42 lmfao

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

*said in a loud voice such that nihnoz the psycho pedophie can hear* Personally my favorite is Dragon Quest 10. It's a realy great MMO. Much better than the other ones.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I have dragon quest monsters and never played it is it worth it?

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

conceitedguy posted:

*said in a loud voice such that nihnoz the psycho pedophie can hear* Personally my favorite is Dragon Quest 10. It's a realy great MMO. Much better than the other ones.

There is no dragon quest 10.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I have dragon quest monsters and never played it is it worth it?

i didnt like it... the combining monsters and stuff was good but liek the actual game is kinda lame.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
have u played rocket slime

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

freaking lmao. i've never played a dragon quest game, but this vid makes me want to

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
OP I've only played 1, 2, and 7 but I didn't really like any of them and would hesitate to recommend

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

I.N.R.I posted:

i didnt like it... the combining monsters and stuff was good but liek the actual game is kinda lame.

sounds like somebody is teh buttmads he didnt get to limbo lols

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
guys, get this: drag on quest

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yangus FTW

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rediscover posted:

freaking lmao. i've never played a dragon quest game, but this vid makes me want to

you need to fix that asap

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
My first experience was with Dragon Warrior 3 on the GBC and I adored it. Ended up playing it even more than my copy of Pokemon Yellow. Highly recommended. I replayed it recently with an English patch of the original Japanese SNES ROM. It has some wonderful graphics. I've also played 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. If I had to recommend one other than 3, it would probably be 8 because they managed to capture the dragon quest feel so well through the transition into 3D.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
My first Dragon Quest was 8 because I tried the demo and it was fun. It's a great game and should be played by everyone. I bought 9 because hey 8 was good. 9 isn't good, it has no charm or character.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

starbarry clock posted:

sounds like somebody is teh buttmads he didnt get to limbo lols

wtf is limbo. i played an hour of it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
monsters for gbc is a real slog although it was impressive when it was released just for being so much more technically deep than pokemon

monsters 2 gbc is much much better

caravan heart is cool and there's a translation patch but i haven't played much of it

monsters: joker and joker 2 for ds are both pretty good but you really only need to play one of them

the monsters games are basically SMT breeding with DQ monsters and combat

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

I.N.R.I posted:

wtf is limbo. i played an hour of it

just letting you know from this image i hotlinked the it are the ones who ripped this okay

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
lol nestopia use a real mans emu like uhhh nesticle

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

starbarry clock posted:

lol nestopia use a real mans emu like uhhh nesticle
Not my image just an old one I had saved cause I thought it was funny. :shobon:

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Not my image just an old one I had saved cause I thought it was funny. :shobon:
http://i.imgur.com/FXB1ixX.png

Rude Lion Guns
May 7, 2008
monsters games own, dq8 owns, even dq1 owns. maybe not dq2.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I played the one where it's like Pokemon or w/e on the Gameboy a lot as a lad. Other than that I don't know. Farewell.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

holy poo poo hahaha N**ger in a nintendo game.. thats wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Now, MY rear end, thou must

• Locked thread