Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

I picked this game up and best buy and the instone online pick up trans lady said majoras mask...nice!

When I went to target looking for a new 3ds I asked "do you have the new 3ds" and the guy said "you looking for Zelda?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

When I went to target looking for a new 3ds I asked "do you have the new 3ds" and the guy said "you looking for Zelda?"

xie also said "no new 3ds?" and i said "maybe after i finish grad school" and my new transgendered life partner gamer said "that good cuz i was about to say good luck finding one"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

xie also said "no new 3ds?" and i said "maybe after i finish grad school" and my new transgendered life partner gamer said "that good cuz i was about to say good luck finding one"

:3:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I bought Persona 4 Arena 2 the flat chested girl (??) with asthma at the GameStop counter said I should get Nocturne because it was the best Shin Megami Tensei game and now we're engaged.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Exactly. It looks super cartoonish now and it just doesn't fit.

MM had a really nice color palette though, much more enthralling than OoT's, and I like seeing those ethereal colors pop. Places like the astral observatory and the potion shop look rad and I wish there were more of that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nocture kicks rear end

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
the guy at gamestop tried to sell me a strategy guide and I was like "bitch, please."

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

*mystrious loyall X listens to the guy with the terrible bw avatar and tailsbutthole guy's opinions on things in good faith lmao*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*mystrious loyall X listens to the guy with the terrible bw avatar and tailsbutthole guy's opinions on things in good faith lmao*

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Bumming around Romani Ranch

Plush Epona in its proper place

Plush Ganonhorse also in its proper place

This game is cute and I like it

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I found a paper airplane just sitting on top of a pillar in Ikana Castle.

also holy loving poo poo, the Twinmold fight

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

When I bought Persona 4 Arena 2 the flat chested girl (??) with asthma at the GameStop counter said I should get Nocturne because it was the best Shin Megami Tensei game and now we're engaged.

Congratulations on the engagement, and also Persona 4 Arena.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

How do you get engaged to Nocturne?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what changed about twinmold

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't remember poo poo about this game even tho all i've done with my life is sit around and game, masturbate, and drink

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

well i sort of remember some general stuff:

1. scary moon
2. only young link
3. masks including the fish mask that probably turned less sane gamers/sonic fans into full blown fur aids.
4. The Feels [we didint' call them Feels in the 90s but idr what they used to be called either]

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

what changed about twinmold

so long gay bowser

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

well i sort of remember some general stuff:

1. scary moon
2. only young link
3. masks including the fish mask that probably turned less sane gamers/sonic fans into full blown fur aids.
4. The Feels [we didint' call them Feels in the 90s but idr what they used to be called either]

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i played majoras mask before ocarina. in a way, i think that hosed me up

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
It has long been theorized that Talon/Bartender and Ingo/Gorman were stylized facsilimes of that classic dynamic duo, the Brothers Mario, but I hypothesize that Ingo is actually a different Italian plumber, and that Termina is populated by no fewer than three Waluigis

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Motion aiming controls and a swivel office chair made defending the ranch too much fun.

Changes to gyorg were kind of cool I guess and sound like what I remember reading the original idea of the fight was in interviews.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I have obtained the Garo Mask and can safely say y'all are weird and also have bad memories!

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Looper posted:

I have obtained the Garo Mask and can safely say y'all are weird and also have bad memories!

I don't understand what this means.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The new Garo Mask looks like a Garo Master, which makes sense since the basic garo you beat up are always like yo boss why'd you summon me? before getting pissed

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

should I get this or Monster Hunter? I'm getting some mixed feelins about this game

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

should I get this or Monster Hunter? I'm getting some mixed feelins about this game

I like it

the boss fights are different but better imo, the bomber notebook is worse but gets the job done

overall I think its a good remake and a good game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

Get mm on the virtual console instead, if you can.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I have it on N64, but the remake looks like it might be a fun, portable revisit. Maybe it's something I should grab later on and get MH now for the multiplayer.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Bolverkur posted:

If you're a MM superfan then it's worth picking up just to see the little changes and stuff. I wouldn't call it the definitive version by any means and I'm of the opinion that a lot of changes they made are a step back though, so no need to rush out to pick it up.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Foxhound posted:

I like it

the boss fights are different but better imo, the bomber notebook is worse but gets the job done

overall I think its a good remake and a good game

How is the notebook worse if you don't mind me asking

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

How is the notebook worse if you don't mind me asking

people have told me that it's "invasive" and the game freezes to make an entry whenever you do any NPC stuff, but the original majoras mask did this too.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i like the new notebook because when i was a kid i was like "this person should have a notebook entry too" and now they do

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

people have told me that it's "invasive" and the game freezes to make an entry whenever you do any NPC stuff, but the original majoras mask did this too.

i don't remember it actually pulling up the bomber's notebook to tell you though, it just said "you did something, it was added to your notebook."

it also tracks alot of inane poo poo like the lottery tickets and the stupid zora pot-smashing game and other bullshit like that, basically anything that could be called a sidequest no matter how minor, so it feels like it pops up more often

the addition of an alarm makes up for it though, i think

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Personally I wish you could use the touch screen to write your own notes but the new notebook works much better for documenting what you have and haven't done. I imagine the endgame heart piece round up will be much easier, the Bombers know tons of random rumors

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm very happy that you can finish the pirate fortress in one trip now. its good.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i wish they had done something to lessen the tedium of that goddamn well in ikana

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

i wish they had done something to lessen the tedium of that goddamn well in ikana

Does every single gibdo show up in the notebook? This is important

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

i'm very happy that you can finish the pirate fortress in one trip now. its good.

woah whatd they change?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

woah whatd they change?

7 bottles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

woah whatd they change?

the swamp hag target shooting minigame gives a bottle instead of a heart, and you can get another bottle with the troupe leader mask. you can have 5 bottles before reaching the pirates

• Locked thread