Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

A thing I remember fondly is browsing AngelFire and geocities for wrestling stuff. Geocities is dead now, but AngelFire lives on. Please post good AngelFire websites from the 90s.

ThE uNoFfIcIaL rAvEn FaNcLuB

The original wrestling sleeze list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Oh man, I approve of this thread.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Man, I remember that sleaze thread like it was yesterday and it was over a decade ago. Didn't see my favorite one on there though, which was the dildo blender.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Ahhh the nostalgia

Here's the most low-effort DX site I've seen in a while, and I've seen many DX websites

http://www.angelfire.com/ky/DXRules/

A fascinating look back on WCW

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling/WCWNWO/index2.html

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

George Steele fan club

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 12, 2015

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

quote:

* If you "wish" to borrow any PICTURES on our Site, all that I ask is that you E-Mail Me personally and I'll see what I can do. ** However there is 1 Picture on this Site that is OFF LIMIT'S and that would be Scott's Yearbook Picture and yes there is a "good" reason as to why. So PLEASE Im saying this out of respect for our site as well as Raven himself because without him this Site would not be possible, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT take his Yearbook Picture. Thank You.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh god I already took it

I'm a monster :ohdear:

Edit: gently caress YEAH WCW NWO REVENGE

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/wcwnwogames/

The Bret Hart gif is the best thing ever

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This should be the PSP gangtag:

triplexpac posted:

Ahhh the nostalgia

Here's the most low-effort DX site I've seen in a while, and I've seen many DX websites

"This is the DX T-Shirt."

"This is another DX T-Shirt"

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 12, 2015

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
We cannot forget the House of Christian

And remember:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 12, 2015

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

Daniel Bryan posted:

And remember:

I would like to believe this is still true.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

This one is still being updated

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

triplexpac posted:

Oh god I already took it

I'm a monster :ohdear:

Edit: gently caress YEAH WCW NWO REVENGE

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/wcwnwogames/

The Bret Hart gif is the best thing ever

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/wcwnwogames/fake.html this page my favourite

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oh these were great. I used to run a pretty successful e-fed back in the day on angelfire. I don't even know how people found my lovely site but there was at least 20 - 25 people involved.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

"They look convincing but they are definetly fake."

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
It might not be angelfire, but tripod is right up there. Time for some wrestling theme MIDIs!

http://bulloney.tripod.com/midi.htm

E: More Links

http://tengukun.tripod.com/wwf/wwfmidi.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mn/mikeswrestling/wwfmididownloads.html

The Rikishi one on the second link is superb.

Lazer fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 12, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

wandler20 posted:

Oh these were great. I used to run a pretty successful e-fed back in the day on angelfire. I don't even know how people found my lovely site but there was at least 20 - 25 people involved.

I was deep into efeds in high school. The only one I can remember is where I was The Hurricane and had a ton of fun coming up with crazy storylines for him.

Efeds were really hilarious, at least in my experience. You would actually have to deal with "backstage drama". One guy was upset that my scenes were making him look bad, and I had to reassure him that it was all to put him over in the end. It was like Jericho & Goldberg except nerds on computers instead of strong wrestler dudes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I give you NewJack420:

http://newjack420.tripod.com/

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Here, have the nWo fuh life site: http://www.angelfire.com/az/WrestlingGuide2/index2.html

Which seems to be a WCW fanboy site.

quote:

Latest News---Giant is out, nWo is BACK

The Giant is OUT of the nWo. The Outsiders, however, are back. The nWo is back. And I said it all along, it was a plan. Nobody believed me, but, it doesnt matter now. Hello again, 5.0 ratings!!!

Funny enough, he appears to have stopped reviewing Nitro the night of January 4, 1999.

here's his review of the main event

quote:

-Kevin Nash vs Hollywood Hogan. Kevin brings out Scott Hall much to the delight of the crowd, and then he rips off his shirt like Hogan always used to. Hollywood is PISSED. Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, Hogan touches Nash, and he falls, LETTING HOGAN WIN!!!!! YES!!! The rest of the nWo runs in. Hall and Nash hug Hogan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT. Hello, ORIGIONAL nWo!!!! Suddenly, Eric springs to life, calling the whole thing in delight and laughing!!! I love it SOOOO MUCH!!! I'm markin out and proud of it! Bill Goldberg runs out and beats on the nWo. He is ready to beat up Hogan with Lex Luger runs out and attacks GOLDBERG!!!! They all join in and spray paint the words "nWo 4 life" on his back. Those words have never had so much meaning!!! Scott Hall zaps him several times with that caddle prod and Eric makes some hillarious rear end sound effects and then he mocks Tony Schiavone's commentating by saying "By Golly" and "Oh my Goodness". nWo 4 LIFE!!! Help me lord, I'm havin a heart attack!!!

And the 1998 Year End Awards: http://www.angelfire.com/az/WrestlingGuide2/awards.html

quote:

Wrestler of the Year

Jenny's Pick: Bret Hart---The man with the granite etched body had us all guessing and has played us like Vince McMahon plays Barbies. Bret has sucked us all in as a bad guy/good guy/bad/good. And you know what? I love him for it. You GO Bret.

Dominick's Pick: Kevin Nash. Oh yeah. 1998 was a good year for Big Kev, he really got to express himself. WCW Champion, too. Now, though, he is back where he belongs. Hahaha.

And it wouldn't be complete if there wasn't a page you can't read without highlighting all of the text: http://www.angelfire.com/az/WrestlingGuide2/opinionator.html

quote:

Scott Hall the next Brian Pillman???

This 'confidential' I would like to step away from jokes and comedy and on to a more serious note. I want to talk about the seriousness of Scott Hall's problem.

When I first heard that Brian Pillman died in his hotel room on that groggy Sunday night in September, the first thing I did was go into the bathroom to get sick. I was very cold and felt terrible for a week. Brian Pillman was one of my favorite wrestlers, and he was a unique individual I never got the chance to meet personally. I was appalled and bitter towards Vince McMahon for turning Brian's death into a ratings ploy. And for a few weeks after Brian's death, I was expecting to hear that psychotic music on every RAW IS WAR and see him coming out. But he never did. And I had to remind myself that he wouldnt be coming out any more. You see, much like Steve Austin and Bret Hart, I found it extremely hard to swallow, and it didnt seem to sink in for a few weeks. But one of the few things I dont blame McMahon for is going on with the wrestling action the following day of Brian's death. Because, like all bussinesses, and wrestling is one, you cannot move everything over for something even as extreme as that. And, I also believe, Brian would have wanted it that way.

But that was then, and this is now. Brian Pillman is dead and gone forever. And no website tribute or memorial will bring him back. He is in the hearts of fans everywhere, and that is where he now lives. But again, he is not physically with us. That part is gone. And in the new angles at WCW, I am reminded of Brian when I see Scott Hall. He is a man with terrible personal problems and it is not to be taken lightly. But he does take them lightly. You can tell because his personal problems are used in an angle. And no, I do not blame WCW for Hall's personal problems. But I do blame them for making it loud and a joke for all fans to know. And I can only plead to Hall, if there is a slight chance that he ever reads this, stop wasting your life. You are going to die. You are going to be another Brian Pillman if you dont cut this out. I dont find it funny or entertaining. Nor do I like the way the commentators spoof around with this and make a joke out of it. Hall, seek proffessional help.

In closing, I will say that every time Hall comes out acting drunk and a mess, I am reminded of that cold September night when they announced that Brian Pillman was found dead in his hotel room. Only I picture it being current. I picture Eric Bischoff coming out to the ring at the beggining of NITRO. Much like McMahon did on RAW. I picture all of the WCW wrestlers standing next to the WCW logo, heads bowed, tears among them. Much like the WWF wrestlers did on RAW when Pillman did. And I'm reminded of the grim and sad expression on McMahon's face as he said "Lets all bow our heads for a moment of silence...for the late, Brian Pillman." And I can see Eric Bischoff saying that. Only he would be saying Scott Hall's name.
da Wrestler signs off.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 12, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Daniel Bryan posted:

Here, have the nWo fuh life site: http://www.angelfire.com/az/WrestlingGuide2/index2.html

Which seems to be a WCW fanboy site.

Funny enough, he appears to have stopped reviewing Nitro the night of January 4, 1999.

here's his review of the main event

And the 1998 Year End Awards: http://www.angelfire.com/az/WrestlingGuide2/awards.html

And it wouldn't be complete if there wasn't a page you can't read without highlighting all of the text: http://www.angelfire.com/az/WrestlingGuide2/opinionator.html

whoa that scott hall part got real

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

http://alsnowshead.tripod.com/

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Their Kevin Nash page :allears:

quote:

<font size="5">Five best things about Nash</font>
<ul>
<li>He has held the world heavyweight title in both the WWF and WCW.
<li>He is a member of the best tag team ever-The Outsiders.
<li>He formed the NwO and The Wolfpac with his tag team partner Scott Hall and Hollywood Hogan.
<li>He is viewed by many as the best bigman in the sport.
<li>He can pull off one liners by the second.
</ul>

I didn't gently caress up copying that, the page is a mess of bad html that refuses to be anything but plaintext.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Backyard Wrestling Alliance

from the roster page

quote:

Pattron: real name: Pat

Entrance Music:Particle man.

Height:6,4

Weight: 274

Rundown: This menacing opponent is the epitomy of scary. When you get into the ring get ready to get your rear end stomped.

Signature Moves: Lot's of splashes using his weight. And lots of slams.

Finisher:Primary: The Pattron SmAcK, can you say big butt drop? It's like a bolt from ThOr, GoD oF tHuNdEr!! Secondary: The Blarf. A humongous splash.

quote:

Referee

This is a page dedicated to our insane ref, B.D. (don't ask about the name.)
Standing at just under six feet and weighing 240 lbs of solid muscle. He enters to the music from Mary Poppins (usally Chim Chimaree). This bald bomber is a force to be reckoned with. The only problem we have with the Big B is he has insane phsyco tendencies.

His favorite saying when standing in the squared circle is "I'm only going to say this once, if you cheat you'll scream."

One of his favorite way to assert himself is to kick someone squaa in the neck. He knows many different forms of martial arts including kenpo, and shotokahn. Looking into those steely eyes and you'll know why we chose him to mediate the carnage.

Favorite wrestler saying when talking about the Big B. "Put down the shoe!" or "Please god, don't piss off this boy!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So that's where John Cena got his start.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Backyard wrestling rules and I'm glad that we have one as our NXT champ.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Suicidal Tendancies

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wow. Nothing ever dies on the internet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i'm so glad the sleaze list still exists :allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

quote:

That's ridiculous!!! Top Ten things in Wrestling that piss me off most.

10)-Ric Flair-Gimme a freakin break. For twenty-five years we have had to listen to his "Woo"s, yelling and jibberish that comes out between his dentures. Ric Flair is history. His feud with Eric Bischoff is un-opposing. He stands no chance. While Flair was "Wooing" away in 1997, who was making the choices of who Flair would wrestle???Eric Bischoff. And no matter how many fat kids Flair has that win some jabrone wrestling tournament---you have to go to work. Its the law Ric. I know you may not understand the way the law works because things have changed since 1651, but it is the law. Nuff said.
9)-Tony Schiavone-Is it me, or is this fat-head one of th worst commentators this DECADE!!! His jokes are lame and his insults to the brain arent halfway funny. He and Larry Zbyszko need to stock up on diet pills and retire.
8)-Tony Schiavone again-I'm sorry, he is just soooo bad, though.
7)-WCW Security-Do your drat JOB!!! When Eric tells you not to let Ric Flair's big head in the ring, he doesnt mean let him in the ring. You LISTEN to your boss, Doug Dellinger, I dont care how good of friends you are with White Hair.
6)-Jabrone vs Jabrone matches-Do we really give two rat tirds about who wins between Norman Smiley and Jerry Flynn? No, we dont. I wonder if the broadcast team can hear the boring chant through those headsets.
5)Ignoring wrestlers' pasts.-Hollywood Hogan and Bret Hart have teamed up 4 times, and before each on of them I heard this from the announcers:"Bret and Hollywood Hogan, a team for the FIRST TIME EVER, right here tonight!" Get it together.
4)Cheap THUNDER broadcasts-I just dont get it, one week THUNDER is better than NITRO, and the next you'd think you were watching WorldWide. You always have a main event like Chris Adams vs. Stevie Ray. Who REALLY cares about that?
3)Have I mentioned Tony Schiavone yet?
2)the Scott Hall angle-Is it me, or is everyone sick and tired of seeing one of the greatest wrestlers today being put in an angle that Lodi doesnt even deserve. Well, maybe.
1)Chucky on wrestling-AM I THE ONLY PERSON ALIVE THAT REALIZES CHUCKY ISNT REAL??? Ever heard of Brad Douriff? He does the voice. Other than that, Chucky is FAKE. Why was Rick Steiner yelling and challenging a DOLL to come out??? Why do the announcers reffer to Chucky as a him and not an it???You'd think at least Mike Tenay would know. FAKE. As in not real. As in cant hear you, cant harm you, cant FIGHT you. Chucky didnt make a startling appearance on NITRO. The actor and his puppeteirs did. Fake. Not real. Fake...
daWrestler signs off.

god this is great

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DJExile posted:

god this is great

i don't think this guy knows what wrestling is

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He knows enough to realize that Thunder sucks rear end

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i wonder what scott hall angle he was talking about

He wrote it on October 13, 1998.

E: vvvv you own, thanks

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

DJExile posted:

i wonder what scott hall angle he was talking about

The one in 1998 where Kevin Nash was concerned for his health because he was drunk all the time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Another from that site

quote:

The nephew of Hollywood Hogan, Horace has earned his spot in the nWo, and has 15 stitches on his fore-head to proove it. Much like the late Louie Spiccolli, Horace has spent most of his carreer a dazed mid-carder, looking for a persona, and is beggining to find his character in the nWo as he gets more mic-time and wins more matches, also apearing to be more foccussed. Horace was first confronted by Hollywood a NITRO before Halloween Havoc, as Hogan claimed that he loved Horace and was going to make a sacrafice before busting open his head with a steel-chair and battering him for many minutes. And the next NITRO, Horace was initiated into nWo Hollywood, giving the term tough love a whole new meaning.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"6)-Jabrone vs Jabrone matches-Do we really give two rat tirds about who wins between Norman Smiley and Jerry Flynn? No, we dont. I wonder if the broadcast team can hear the boring chant through those headsets."

gently caress you motherfucker

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Someone made a Gravedigger fansite, as in a guy that only worked WWF dark matches

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Why are these sites still up but not the one I made with anarchy symbol tiled wallpaper, Marilyn Manson lyrics, and various stupid poo poo I wrote in school?

Some indie wrestler should do a "90's guy" gimmick, make an Angelfire webpage for himself and communicate with his fans via the guestbook.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 13, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

and updated it as recently as 2006 :stare:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The original Rajah.com

SCOOPS!!

quote:

About Me, your We Master

About Me
Name= Daniel
Birth date= 8/21/86
HomeTown- New bedford , Mass
Hello everyone this is the section all about me!!

Best Friend:- Joel , he is a kid that gose to my school, so if you come here joel, now you know!!

My favorite Wrestlers: * Kane- He has a nice uniform, and he Has skill on the mat, and i like his Monster personality!!

* X-Pac- He is one of the guys with the biggest Hearts, and everyone loves! No one really hates him

*D-Generation X- I Love DX!!! My favorite stable out of all of them in WCW and the WWf.* HHH- I love the way he talks on the mic, and he is my 3rd favorite! * BA Billy GUNN- My sisters favorite-lol- He has a good entrance, and i love his music * road Dogg- I hate him, i hate him, i Hate Him_LOL

* Kidman- Very athletic wrestler, and i think he has a future in the WCW

* Jericho- TO WORDS FOR HIM, Very Annoying

* Buff Daddy- He has a big ego, which i hate, i reallydont like buff daddy

* Jeff jarrett- Now he is my NUMBER ONE favorite wrstler, i like the way he hits the people with Guitars!!

* Gorgeouse George- OH BABY, SHE IS HOT!!!!!

* SCSA- He is one of the best booze drinkers ever!!!

* The rock- Finally the rock has come back to boston!! He has great Mic skills, but not that skilled on the mat

* Sting- Whhhhooooooooooooooo

*Stephanie McMahon- Test is so lucky

Hobbies: Going online, talking with friends at school. Going to school dances, and Playing Playstation, Baseball, and Hockey. Taking place in Flight Simulations such as WarBirds 2.7

favorite Music Groups : METALLICA!!!! and the Back street Boyz

Email adresses: XpacKane821@aol.com

TheGreatOne@ChavoJrFan.com

LittleReyRey37@Hotmail.com

KingOfMystery99@Prowrestling.com

My favorite Quote " Know your role, and shut your mouth" From the Rock

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

This makes me miss the old Internet.