Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

I'm trying to get some anecdotal data on battery life on the CF-C2 model because Panasonic is kind of stonewalling on giving us info...which makes me think they know there's a problem.

Basically my company purchased about 300 of the c2 laptops for specialized jobs. We have 3 other models of laptops (another being the Panasonic CF-31) and we are not seeing anywhere near the amount of battery failures as the c2's. In a little more than a year, more than 10% of the batteries have gone down to 1hr of life. Panasonic suggested we run a recalibration utility which actually makes them worse. We suspect that by the 3 year refresh point we'll have to replace 3/4 or more of these batteries and that's pretty terrible.

If you've seen this problem please post and let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe
We have deployed almost 60 of them. The first batch were deployed in Sept 2013 and we have had several battery failures with that batch. The second large deployment was March/April of 2014 and we have not seen any battery failures on those yet. I was super shocked the first time someone put in a ticket about their battery issues because those batteries are huge.

Do you have any CF-C1's? They are worse!

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Wiggly posted:

We have deployed almost 60 of them. The first batch were deployed in Sept 2013 and we have had several battery failures with that batch. The second large deployment was March/April of 2014 and we have not seen any battery failures on those yet. I was super shocked the first time someone put in a ticket about their battery issues because those batteries are huge.

Do you have any CF-C1's? They are worse!

We have CF-C2 models models and CF-31 models. Your experience matches ours because we bought them around the same you did

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Just a quick update - had a meeting with our Panasonic rep. He admitted they had battery issues in a product run of the C2s and the problem went away in the next run, but didn't say what caused it. He then tried to piss on me and tell me it was raining by saying "Most of our customers replace their batteries after a year anyways!" :downswords:

I asked if that was the case then why didn't we have this issue with our Dell laptops, HP Revolves or even their CF-31s that we use and he danced around the subject. And we won't be getting any relief on batteries we have to purchase or have purchased. Meanwhile we have 3-5 a week now who report this problem.

:shepspends:

• Locked thread