Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

D, officer. Breaking stuff and looking tough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
C because I am a huge A-10C nerd and can't wait to have my immersion ruined. Plus, you know, BRAAAAAAAAAAP.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Ralith posted:

C because I am a huge A-10C nerd and can't wait to have my immersion ruined. Plus, you know, BRAAAAAAAAAAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PgPK67jwc

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
E Officer

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A Being a grunt suuuuucks.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Voting will close soon. I've got a mind to update once again before the end of the night.

Now would be a good time to Name Yourself!

If a consensus can't be reached I'll just grab whatever sounds good or come up with something myself, but I wanted to give you all the opportunity to name your very own devildog!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

FoxTerrier posted:

Rodrigo 'The Goat' González IX

Diogines fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 13, 2015

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 13, 2015

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Absum posted:

D, officer.

This

Roqui Balbwa

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

FoxTerrier posted:

Rodrigo 'The Goat' González VIII

Make it IX and you have a deal.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Our parents..... were hippies!

Cayenne Cloversfields

Absum
May 28, 2013

Ivan Ivanov

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Diogines posted:

Make it IX and you have a deal.

Done

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Michael Hill.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

D, enlisted, Devries

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
James "Jimmy" McGill

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Robin Juan Hout

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

John "milquetoast" Smith

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
E: Officer

Because it's the closest vote option I could see to my preference ("Be Shane Schofield.")

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Aades posted:

Robin Juan "The Goat" Hout

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
D, Officer

FoxTerrier posted:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

FoxTerrier posted:

C. Officer.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

FoxTerrier posted:

This

I'll be damned if we can't wedge some silliness in here somewhere.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

FoxTerrier posted:

D, officer, big kaboom!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Rodrigo 'The Goat' Gonzalez

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Voting is closed

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
"Get off my loving bus!"

You had fallen asleep at some point along the way to your ride to Parris Island, having gotten so very little sleep the day before you left, that you had not noticed that the bus had come to a halt. When the instructors started screaming, you found yourself in a panicked rush to get out the door, almost stumbling over yourself as you get out of the bus.

"Form the gently caress up now! Go! What the gently caress are you waiting for! Go faster! GO!" You and the 40-50 other people in the bus with you rush to get into formation along the yellow footprints painted on the ground, where so many recruits before you have stood. If you had time to think, you might consider the remarkable symbolism and tradition in what was happening right now. Instead, you were more concerned about the drill instructor screaming in your ear for not standing properly at attention.

Training goes by quickly, though at times it felt like it would never end. After Basic you are given the temporary rank of E-5 and sent off to OCS, where yet another grueling round of training begins. You learn advanced infantry tactics at the platoon command level and earn your branch to engineer, being further trained on construction, demolitions and the organization of a combat engineer platoon. You finish near the top of your class, having been outshone academically by a few others who had substantially more formal education than yourself.

Your first command is the 2nd platoon of engineers attached to the 2nd Company, 1st Combat Engineer Battalion "The Super Breed", 1st Marine Division based out of Camp Pendleton. Your commanding officer Captain Blackwell after formally welcoming you to the company advises you that the company is anticipating a deployment with a MAGTF along with the rest of 1st Marines to support South Korea in eliminating North Korea as a standing fighting force. Preliminary plans have your men being attached to 1/3 Marines as demolitions experts to clear out enemy fortifications.

Within three weeks, deployment orders are put out and the invasion of North Korea is made official to the American public at about the time your ship comes within helicopter range of Seoul. The North Koreans have pressed hard on the South Koreans and the limited garrison of US Army forces present on the Korean peninsula, and Seoul has been put under siege. North Korean naval artillery set up around Incheon harbor has made a sea assault practically impossible, and the decision has been made to send in your platoon of engineers along with 1/3's second company to insert via helicopter and capture or destroy the Korean naval batteries and secure the beach head for the rest of the battalion to land.

Choose:

A: Go along with the orders as intended.

B: A, but with a heroic write in speech to your men.

C: Protest being sent in with the first wave, attempt to get your men retasked to come in with the second assault.

D: Write in

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Boring engineers? Oh well, at least we are doing something useful by A by hopefully dying heroically.

Edit: Actually, changing my vote to D to match with Affi cause why not show some common sense?

Edit Again: Changing it back to A! It should be a three-hour tour, right?

AmyL fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 14, 2015

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
D. Why don't we blow the gently caress out of those outdated NK naval batteries with some goddamn air support?

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Affi posted:

D. Why don't we blow the gently caress out of those outdated NK naval batteries with some goddamn air support?

Captain Blackwell takes this "The Russian Air Force is out in force supporting the DPRKs push on South Korea. Skies are contested and between that and SAM coverage the Navy doesn't want to risk it." He doesn't seem particularly pleased as he says this. "We will be sending a pair of Cobras to support your push, DPRK SAMs are old tech, can't hit anything as low as you lot will be worth a poo poo so they likely won't even try. If you find any, consider them targets of opportunity. If we can get some of those things wiped out we'll be able to task more support for your area."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Oh lord we're a boot lieutenant.

A, and let the staff sergeant do his job.

A/D for AmyL's reasons, below.

Loel fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 14, 2015

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

LowellDND posted:

Oh lord we're a boot lieutenant.

A, and let the staff sergeant do his job.

You should have warned the group about being an officer. :colbert:

Edit: Alright, with the help of LowellDND, changing my vote to A/D by having our SSgt, who knows the scene, might be able to do some drug deals to get gear for the first wavers because favor economies are everything, even here. Just because we are Marines does not mean we are stupid.

AmyL fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 14, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

AmyL posted:

You should have warned the group about being an officer. :colbert:

I voted for enlisted :colbert:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

A

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

A!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

D. Convince the quartermaster the squad needs an extra unit of ammo and more explosives for every man. We're first wave and there's no telling when we'll get resupplied.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AmyL posted:

A/D by having our SSgt, who knows the scene, might be able to do some drug deals to get gear for the first wavers because favor economies are everything, even here.

This. I assume drug deals is used figuratively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

RandomPauI posted:

This. I assume drug deals is used figuratively.

... Usually :D

• Locked thread