Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Anytime anybody gives me the "read a book" answer to things, I'm assuming they haven't read a book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The CSA was an illegitimate state IMO.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Ironically the area of Tennessee I live in was pro Union and tried to succeed from the CSA. For the reason there wasn't any plantations here so no one gave a gently caress about owning slaves.

Needless to say I've never seen so many flagged out bro trucks in my life.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Slickdrac posted:

He doesn't need to be in the chase to win a race :eng101:

If he keeps getting those 25th places then he'll be the one looking outside. He is 30 pts ahead of Bowyer who is looking out if Kyle Busch gets in the top 30 which is probably the thing they need to look at. So it's not a slam dunk with how he's running.

shyduck posted:

A neighbor's son, who's about 19 or so, drives a raised pickup truck and for a long while had a Confederate flag front plate and a "HERITAGE NOT HATE" sunshade thing.

We live in a Philly suburb and I know for a fact he was born and raised here. This is very much not the south. I've lived in the south.

Luckily he wised up and about a month or two ago I noticed he removed all of it, well before all this recent news.

Also I feel if you have to have a disclaimer for your flag, something's not right.

Some people I know in Western Colorado have Confederate flags. Do tell me of your racism in a predominantly white area that is mostly suburbs to a smallish city.

e: So you remember a few years ago Fox gave us lovely country music for their theme song. Rejoice because NBC is going to do the same thing with their theme. Shithouse Blake Shelton song.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 30, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Alain Post posted:

The CSA was an illegitimate state IMO.

They were in fact, anyway. No nation ever formally recognized the CSA as an independent nation.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Just found out Carl Edwards runs the Gadsden flag over his door next to his signature. Huh.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hey look a flag that symbolizes states rights, individual responsibility, freedom from oppression and the general American rebellious nature without the negative connotations of owning human beings as livestock. Maybe we should fly that one instead?

Naaaaaaaaaaah

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

John Brown's house is in Akron for some reason btw.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

Hey look a flag that symbolizes states rights, individual responsibility, freedom from oppression and the general American rebellious nature without the negative connotations of owning human beings as livestock. Maybe we should fly that one instead?

Naaaaaaaaaaah

The Gadsden Flag is a modern day symbol of "I want to fly the confederate flag but my family fought for the north."

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

John Brown's house is in Akron for some reason btw.

No idea why, he's buried in Lake Placid

Peanut President posted:

The Gadsden Flag is a modern day symbol of "I want to fly the confederate flag but my family fought for the north."

Basically yeah. I fly a half burned American flag upside down, and I stenciled Che's face on it in place of the stars

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Exi7wound posted:

Just found out Carl Edwards runs the Gadsden flag over his door next to his signature. Huh.

well, i didnt really need another reason to not like carl edwards. but sure why not

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

They were in fact, anyway. No nation ever formally recognized the CSA as an independent nation.

Apparently we did, after the war.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NASCAR on NBC debuts their theme music and intro video for their coverage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viR0Hle16yA

Given how awful "Waitin' All Day For Sunday Night" is, I had concerns, but it's pretty cool.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I didn't know Jr. could sing

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Why does every network automatically assume that people that watch NASCAR all like Bro. Country?

All the bro country/confederate flag types I've met actually don't watch NASCAR at all.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
amazingly, not everyone who listens to modern country is a redneck

in fact, no redneck listens to modern country

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

While looking up the old Metallica Intro, this automatically came up after it and I instantly put the biggest grin on my face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2O_Tv0yFxM

Miss you BP. :smith:.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Back to flag talk (because gently caress gordon) I have never met a southerner with a confederate flag. My family is from rural alabama and call people the n word when they get cut off in traffic and even they know better.

edit: I see more confederate flags in union state Indiana than I ever saw in Georgia/NC/Alabama.

VikingSkull posted:

Naaaaaaaaaaah

This is the correct answer, bought my (Texas-born, Idaho-residing) dad one of these to replace the Stars and Bars: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_take_it

FuzzySkinner posted:

While looking up the old Metallica Intro, this automatically came up after it and I instantly put the biggest grin on my face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2O_Tv0yFxM

Miss you BP. :smith:.

No one with a soul wouldn't miss BP.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

Why does every network automatically assume that people that watch NASCAR all like Bro. Country?

All the bro country/confederate flag types I've met actually don't watch NASCAR at all.

Probably an overlap based on demographic studies I would imagine! Shockingly, the people on this forum are generally outliers as far as NASCAR fans go.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Saw this on Jayski today. I didn't realize NASCAR ratings were in this much of a free fall.

quote:

NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Sonoma, CA, earned a 2.4 overnight rating [3,723 million viewers] on FoxSports1 Sunday afternoon, down 8% from last year (2.6) and down 20% from 2013 (3.0), both on TNT. The 8% decline is the smallest of the season for a Sprint Cup race on the network, with each of the other five down by at least 18%

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Holy poo poo, by the way, it's bingo time! Go do the bingo thing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Elitist Bitch posted:

Holy poo poo, by the way, it's bingo time! Go do the bingo thing.

You bumped the Winter Heat thread.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
something something misogynist joke about women and technology

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Holy gently caress people on nascars facebook page actually think the rainbow scheme is part of the "gay agenda".

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

It's been 22 years in the making!

E: I'm sure Steve O'Donnell will be on Sirius tomorrow saying that that was the plan all along though, with NASCAR as a progressive sport.

Speaking of progressive things, I'm very curious to see how Daytona's 'Trade in your Stars 'n Bars' program is going to work.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Possibly Chicken posted:

Holy gently caress people on nascars facebook page actually think the rainbow scheme is part of the "gay agenda".

The ongoing conservative freakout of the past two weeks is a thousand times more entertaining than NASCAR. It also says a lot that loving NASCAR is embracing some progressive ideas, while these miserable fucks just wallow in their own ignorance and hatred of anyone who is the 'other'.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
And I thought progressive banking was bad enough!!!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

Alain Post posted:

And I thought progressive banking was bad enough!!!

Seriously can't wait to hear this earnestly. "Progressives ruined bristol now they want to ruin all of nascar".

Also what happened to the Nick Offerman deal from the preseason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi68a0LsLDA
????

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

As much fun as being trolled because I posted in the wrong thread is, I think I'll pass.

If someone else wants to do bingo, shoot me a PM.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Elitist Bitch posted:

As much fun as being trolled because I posted in the wrong thread is, I think I'll pass.

Mark Martin would be so disappointed in you for retiring so early!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Country music is terrible past 1990. Putting that out there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Peanut President posted:

Seriously can't wait to hear this earnestly. "Progressives ruined bristol now they want to ruin all of nascar".

Also what happened to the Nick Offerman deal from the preseason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi68a0LsLDA
????

That was one of their original campaigns & I was still seeing those ads a couple weeks ago.

On second viewing of the new intro, I'm groaning at the Hardee's product placement. It's kind of like what GMC has during the Sunday Night Football intro- forced and out of place, but they paid lots of money to get their logo on camera.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, how's that progressive plan to replace the stars 'n bars with the stars 'n stripes going (in Daytona)?

quote:

Skyler Swisher ‏@SkylerSwisher 1h1 hour ago
Fan reaction to NASCAR flag statements: "You can take your anti-Southern Heritage statements and stuff them up your rear end and set fire to em."

:jerky:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 1, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Hardee's is a place I only eat when I find myself in a very bad place, so it's apropos that they're partnered with NASCAR TV coverage.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

Girls are so overly sensitive.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

gret posted:

Girls are so overly sensitive.

They're really the worst.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Southern men seem to be giving them a run for their money, though

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Muddy Burphy posted:

Hardee's is a place I only eat when I find myself in a very bad place, so it's apropos that they're partnered with NASCAR TV coverage.

Groan even more when they go to Phoenix or out west and change it to Carl's Jr.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, how's that progressive plan to replace the stars 'n bars with the stars 'n stripes going (in Daytona)?

:jerky:

I wasn't actually sure if this was a thing NASCAR was really trying to do or if people in this thread were just joking. That owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
b-b-but Big Bill said anyone supporting the Union would get shot!

• Locked thread