Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i'm not sure i get the appeal of watching NASCAR racing without dale jarrett in the booth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the last time i saw someone die in a race it was because they got hit in the face with a tire. needless to say this is awesome news.

this is sarcasm, btw, i am not a bad enough poster/person to legitimately hope for someone to die. what in the absolute gently caress, nascar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

uh can we get better footage of hamlin catching the splitter and flying through the air

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

clint bowyer sounds like his robot software scanned urban dictionary and got slightly more realistic

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

are they even watching the race? you could see stenhouse go around and it took them forever to say anything. also please shut up about danica doing the same things as everyone else

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I'm pretty sure Daytona qualifying has been on network TV since the CBS days.

Also who suggested this thread title because it makes me laugh every time I read it. I wonder how many people get it.

i thought boomer came up with it himself. it is genius.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Pocket Commando got her restraining order on Kurt Busch.

good for kurt busch

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

vikingskull all you ever want from indycar is ovals and americans and maybe front-engined cars (though i could never figure out if that was a joke; it should be), which is basically just nascar, a series that's also a joke these days. plus all the foreign drivers that have managed to stick it out in nascar have become pretty popular. so stop being so defensive all the time you have terrible ideas.

also it's brian barnhart* not bernard, bernard was kind of cool

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

more pressingly, is any racing series NOT currently a joke? i'm with cubey, just steer into the skid

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

3- Gordon
4- Earnhardt

what in the absolute gently caress is this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it's loving nascar, if you're criticizing people for causing wrecks you're criticizing literally everyone ever

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Lots of titles, but you never got the impression that he was on a different planet from everyone else.

this is the same thing everyone says about drivers who dominate and i can never figure out if it's just sour grapes or because it's impossible to have that much success without some wins/titles that you clearly don't "deserve"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

me, vikingskull and jim had a calm and reasonable discussion about the relative merits of nascar drivers and you have the audacity to complain?

e: is the 500 streaming on fox sports go?

wicka fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 18, 2015

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I've said all along Gordon would have six championships at this point under the old system. Johnson would have won in 2004. The only reason Johnson lost the points lead going into the Chase was they used three races leading in as test sessions and blew up in all of them.

this isn't relevant though as drivers race to the rules they are given. you can't simply look in the past and assume every result would have been the same under a different points system.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dale earnhardt is ayrton senna with a mustache

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

will the xfinity series races be constantly pixelated or is comcast more of a hands off sponsor

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

They got rid of the format detailed in LASTCAR's video. It's back to what it was in the 90s, which is:
-Front Row: Qualifying
-3-32: Duel finishing positions
-33-36: Speeds
-37-42: Owner Points
-43: Champion's Provisional or next highest in Owner Points.

Also, have a transcript when two bad drivers who get into each other on the track have a conversation. Denny defends his flimsy position, while Danica is pissed that he's wrecked her twice this week:

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/2/20/8073219/2015-daytona-500-danica-patrick-denny-hamlin-budweiser-duel

quote:

Hamlin: "I didn't hit you. Honey, I did not touch you."

this transcript is messed up, it was johnny who said that, not denny

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wait is kyle's leg injury really that bad?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

His foot was at a 30 degree angle from his leg when he was laying on the ground, so yeah, it's bad.

well gently caress

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FYI boomer i did read the OP and find the IRC link

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

junior has been on an absolute tear the last few laps

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

greatest disparity between quality of race vs finish in motorsport history

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

i've never seen anyone hang on to the steering wheel

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tater_salad posted:

"I just killed a guy"
"Yeah about that you may want to lay low for a bit"

what's this from

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Anchorman?

We haven't talked about bastard children in a while...

never heard of it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I could, easily. It'd take like 2 weeks

but could you grow a mustache that spelled PIT WALLS

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

AxeBreaker posted:

Something I always wanted to see.

are you sure this isn't me playing nascar 2009 on xbox

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"dale you're the best!"

"human being"

why do i watch anything other than nascar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i hope he got his hat

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

New York is like Texas. A huge state populated by rednecks, with one city made up of liberals. Where Austin exists in a bubble, NYC spreads like a cancer, takes over local governments, and fills them with laws that the people were originally fleeing from. NYC also didn't eliminate crime, they just shipped it to Newburgh.

best cancer ever

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

Tell me they are running this at dega.

I have a dream. That dream is rusty wallace's finest moment in HD.

i was four when that happened and i ran crying out of my grandma's house

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I was 13 and I high fived my dad

this explains so much

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

anyone who has to listen to him in the booth

we're talking about DW right

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

"AND LOOK WHO'S ON THE SCENE..."

Diffey is the bestest. I'd consider him more like an Aussie version of Paul Page really.

I'd watch an xfinity race with Hobbs in the booth btw. This needs to happen.

like current paul page or paul page when he was actually good

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Get rid of the pits being open during cautions. I hate that.

...why? closing the pits during cautions is the dumbest thing in the entire world

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

Seriously, dude can't catch a break. I wonder if he can't race while using any drugs for clots. Not all of them actually thin the blood, including the one he occasionally hawks on TV.

i wonder if bleeding is a concern, in case he has a bad accident

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I've seen too many race cars with exhaust tubing roll cages to think that drivers and crews are any smarter than the sanctioning bodies.

counterpoint: jackie stewart

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i don't think i've seen a race at fontana in awhile, have they been entertaining? or should i keep watching basketball

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i can't help it, i'm from indiana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mischief posted:

I'm from loving North Carolina and I don't watch that poo poo.

something something racism

• Locked thread