Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Carl Edwards could potentially miss the Daytona 500. Let's start praying to the gods that it happens :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

actually the arca race will suck, it usually turns into follow the leader for the last half with nobody even attempting to race for the lead. the glory days of arca superspeedway schadenfreude are long, long gone.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the gas man started undoing his belt and then they switched cameras to somewhere else :smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

2015 arca champ grant enfinger

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Reminder: You can add as many or as few lugnuts as you want on a pit stop starting this year.

:downsbravo:

wait what

this is a joke post right

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ayn rand hand job posted:

they got rid of all the officials in the pit in favor of a bunch of cameras and computers

as a result, they can track a ton of things, except lug nuts

:psyboom:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BOY THAT KYLE LARSON SURE IS A WHEELMAN HURR

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

And I don't even think the lugs are even on the "honor system", per se. I think it's literally just "put however many you want on".

Even if it were an 'honor system', honor systems would never work in any competitive event, NASCAR or otherwise.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

IIRC, SRA made a post that you could have 3 or 4 lugs on that'll keep the wheel on securely if you balance it out correctly. I don't know we'll see if we get random tires coming out of the hub causing big crashes.

I drove with only 2 of 4 lugs on one of my tires for a while and the wheel never fell off, so I know it's possible to not have a few. OTOH, I wasn't going 190+ MPH so whether it's a good idea to go without a lug nut or two at those speeds...well it seems like a bad idea, anyway.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Roush Team Leader Greg Biffle

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

biffle blames mcmurray

well i'm shocked

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

be nice wicka posted:

are they even watching the race? you could see stenhouse go around and it took them forever to say anything. also please shut up about danica doing the same things as everyone else

in the case of danica, i guess she does deserve some praise for not just full-throttling into the wreck. you could call that progress.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L_Harrison posted:

Oh wait. That's some reactionary phantom rule that isn't actually enforced.

every nascar rule.txt

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i don't know why anyone is complaining, frankly i find the really stupid poo poo in nascar to be by far the most entertaining part of it these days.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

leica posted:

Yeah because gently caress the teams, they should bring ten cars to Daytona :rolleyes:

if it's affecting them that badly, maybe they should nut the gently caress up

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

Reed Sorensen is out of gonna run a backup (if they can get one) in the duel and the 500 because he wrecked their only car at qualifying. I know you're a big Hendrick and Penske fanboy so you don't give a gently caress about the shithouse teams but group qualifying at a plate track is dumb as hell.

I think you misunderstand me.

Yeah, it is dumb. It's VERY dumb, potentially the dumbest thing NASCAR has done lately, and I don't say those words lightly. But NASCAR of the last ten years has done nothing but stupid, awful poo poo that nobody wants. I've enjoyed NASCAR a lot more since I decided to embrace the stupidity rather than bitch about it, and I recommend that more people do it.

And for the record my favorite drivers are Dave Blaney and Casey Mears so I care quite a bit about the shithouse teams.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

leica posted:

I think you misunderstand the NASCAR threads.

I understand them perfectly: they're full of bitter cynics wishing for the old days that we will never, ever return to because the people running the sport are braindead. You can either continue to be bitter about it and hate watching it, or you can accept the fact that poo poo's hosed and watch with the hope of maximum shenanigans. I think everyone would be happier and the threads would be a lot less angry and a lot more fun if everyone chose the latter option.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

When in fuckhell have I ever defended IndyCar's sanctioning body, I mean they just gave Randy loving Bernard his job back for crying out loud.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

be nice wicka posted:

also it's brian barnhart* not bernard, bernard was kind of cool

Goddammit that's like the 50th time I've gotten them confused :negative:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Norns posted:

Alright. I live in the US, I don't have cable. How do I watch the qualifying and race and not be a criminal? poo poo looks like I missed a race already.

Indy got me intrested enough in ovals that I want to give NASCAR a try.

no don't

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Elitist Bitch posted:

I think anytime there's a bunch of posts in the thread there's about a 50% chance that it's going to be a bunch of shitposts.

like this one right here that i've quoted

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

Gordon's 5 years younger and getting a pole is a momentous occasion for him.

gordon won 4 races last year and had it not been for the worst points system ever, he would've wrapped up the championship the race before homestead.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Muddy Burphy posted:

Maybe if Kyle put less focus on small victories he could compete for a Cup title.

he still has the same weaknesses on track now as he did when he was a rookie, so i highly doubt it. his tendency to just give up and crash whenever his car isn't perfect will prevent him from ever winning a sprint cup championship.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Mike Joy needs to adapt this, especially for a Travis Kvapil caution.

hah

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hornish was eager to prove that he still sucks poo poo in 2015 :bravo:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

That looked like it was on Burton to me vOv

It looked to me like Hornish hit Jeb and Jeb was trying to gain control of the car. He's a rookie, after all.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

can we all agree that the narwhal sprint commercial is the actual worst new thing introduced this season

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jesus christ denny hamlin loving sucks so goddamn hard

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

If Danica gets in, I'm betting the house Danica will cause a 20 car wreck including her to wreck Hamlin.

as long as casey mears makes it in the race and dodges said wreck, i'm all for it.

if we're lucky she'll re-break that shitbitch's back in the wreck, too.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jesus Christ, Kurt dropped back to push her and she's in the race, and she's still in Denny's face.

She sounds like she's going to wreck him in the 500.

he deserves it because that was loving stupid of him.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

He was doing The Lords Work by wrecking Danica. Amen.

i mean if you're gonna wreck someone, might as well wreck danica patrick. but it was still really stupid and he sucks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Exi7wound posted:

And Champions. Don't forget Champions.

such as danica, the champion of japan

also go regan smith :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

seventimessix posted:

So with Kurt out indefinitely there's almost no chance the 41 team runs past Daytona, right?

they will when regan wins the daytona 500!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gret posted:

Is the Truck race tonight or Saturday? The Daytona Speedweeks schedule says tonight but the Truck Series front page says Saturday.

It's tonight. Surprise surprise, nascar.com is poo poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Possibly Chicken posted:

Green flag at 750 est if you wanna miss as much pre race as possible.

but who doesn't want to watch a bunch of mikey waltrip?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

Remember when Travis Kvapil plead guilty to dragging his wife by her hair and punching her in the face while stone cold sober, and hes in the truck race tonight.

Good times, good times.

yeah his career should have ended right then and there.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

john wes townley demonstrates another of his varied talents

ninja edit: oh wait that was actually not his fault, shockingly

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

scott lagasse is going to cause a wreck

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ayn rand hand job posted:

and thr bitcoin truck crashes

just like the price of bitcoin is wont to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bad Teammate Ty Dillon

e: christ now SRA is behind both Lagasse and Townley.

• Locked thread