Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Possibly Chicken posted:

Or how Stewart-Haas is 4,14,41 and 10.
I've always looked at that as 4+10=14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sounds like a whole bunch of nothing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SHR is the prison gang of motorsports

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

AirborneSpore posted:

Any thought into what name to replace the "Buschwackers" for tomorrows race? Broadband bandits?
Hackers.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Daytona sinks $400M into upgrading the facility but still has bare concrete walls. NASCAR doesn't give a poo poo about safety.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He's gonna be out a while.

edit: How long was Smoke out for when he broke his leg?

shyduck fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 22, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jenna Fryer just tweeted that it's not as serious as Smoke's, but imo it's really all going to depend on the recovery.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tim Cindric ‏@TimCindric 5h5 hours ago
This is how we celebrate winning the Daytona 500 with The Captain in tow! @joeylogano @Team_Penske

Motherfuckin' Steak and Shake. Roger rules.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kyle Larson is a good driver to root for, right?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If there's anything that indicates that it's time for the drivers to organize, it's this SAFER bullshit. Force NASCAR's loving hand for once.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm not sure about that but IMO if you're buying beer at the concession stand at a race you're doing it all wrong.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm shocked that someone would sully the name of the prestigious XXXtreme Motorsports

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It was inevitable. The pop surrounding her is long gone, and they're cashing out.

I am surprised though they're pulling out completely, and I wonder if they plan on staying in the sport.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 29, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Terry Labonte and Bruton Smith were both voted into the HOF. To say I have mixed feelings is an understatement

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

Still don't get why they put this in downtown Charlotte.

Wouldn't having it at be at Daytona, and have inductions be in January be good idea?
It's in a weird spot too, like it's not even near the track. It's next to I think a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Althought I think they were trying to use it to drive downtown tourism, but it was a massive swing and a miss. It's a beautiful museum though.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jeff Gluck @jeff_gluck · 18m 18 minutes ago
Voting percentages: Bruton Smith (68%), Terry Labonte (61%), Curtis Turner (60%), Jerry Cook (47%), Bobby Isaac (44%). #NASCAR

Jeff Gluck @jeff_gluck · 19m 19 minutes ago
Next three guys in Hall voting who missed: Red Byron, Benny Parsons and Rick Hendrick.

Nate Ryan @nateryan · 2m 2 minutes ago
Top 3 vote-getters last year who didn't make '15 class: Jerry Cook, Robert Yates, Benny Parsons. So Bruton leap-frogged all of them. #nascar

Nate RyanVerified account
‏@nateryan
Last year, Bruton Smith received less than 30% of @nascarhall vote. This year he tops the 2006 class voting with 68%. #nascar

:laffo: at that last one. How much money did that bastard shell out

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

You put it near Charlotte Motorspeedway and you'd give yourself hell of a trifecta considering how close Hendrick's shop is. (like, literally down a small back road IIRC).
Can confirm.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm mostly curious where the big upswing in votes from last year to this year came from. What happened in a year where he goes from less than 30% to 68% or whatever

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

All the guys ahead of him got in I guess?
They didn't though:

Nate Ryan @nateryan · 2m 2 minutes ago
Top 3 vote-getters last year who didn't make '15 class: Jerry Cook, Robert Yates, Benny Parsons. So Bruton leap-frogged all of them. #nascar

vv yeah true regarding cook

shyduck fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 21, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

No emotional investment, just fascination. Agreed that it's purely politics.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Baseball is the worst when it comes to that poo poo. Cooperstown should be burned to the ground

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Can someone tl;dr me on the rules package issues? I haven't been paying much attention to NASCAR this season and hearing that the drivers unionizing without unionizing over it has piqued my interest

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:laffo: so there was a red flag at the tail end of final qualifying session due to Hamlin spinning out, and five cars who were intentionally waiting to go out at the last possible second never got to make a lap

shyduck fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 5, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Harveygod posted:

That's a lot of top drivers taking provisionals. Who's getting bumped?
I don't think anybody will be bumped due to it since this was the final round of knockout qualifying and it was just the top 12 cars vying for pole and the other spots, so these guys will start 8 through 12. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though because I'm not totally up on the new qualifying rules

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://jeffgluck.com/your-turn-readers-chime-in-on-confederate-flag-controversy/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A neighbor's son, who's about 19 or so, drives a raised pickup truck and for a long while had a Confederate flag front plate and a "HERITAGE NOT HATE" sunshade thing.

We live in a Philly suburb and I know for a fact he was born and raised here. This is very much not the south. I've lived in the south.

Luckily he wised up and about a month or two ago I noticed he removed all of it, well before all this recent news.

Also I feel if you have to have a disclaimer for your flag, something's not right.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Anytime anybody gives me the "read a book" answer to things, I'm assuming they haven't read a book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Caller into NASCAR radio: "Why did they take the 'Dukes of Hazzard' off the air but not BET?'

• Locked thread