Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I'm going to watch none of the races and complain about 100% of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

I hear "Brack Maggard" and the first thing which always comes to mind is:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah BUDDY.

according to one episode of space ghost: coast to coast Brak is a 3-time nascar champion

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Harveygod posted:

The episode that debuted the Aqua Teen Hunger Force had them selling glasses of Space Ghost, Zorak, and Rusty Wallace.

Master Shake: Collect all four! From the entire Space Ghost gang. Space Ghost, Zorak, Brak and ...

Moltar: (waits expectantly)

Master Shake: ... the NASCAR driver Rusty Wallace.

Moltar: (shouts) Where's my cup!!

Space Ghost: Moltar, uh... how can I put this? (sighs) You scare children.

Moltar: I'm the only one that wears a cup.

Space Ghost: True... but you wear it in a bad place. And, you never rinse it properly.

Moltar: How would you know?

Space Ghost: Because I drank from it. And believe me, it smells, buster.

Master Shake: The Moltar cup didn't test well. It's yucky. Children didn't want to put their lips to it.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

ah, wanted to go the Indy 500 route.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

keevo posted:

Hey if you guys didn't see this tweet from SRA's team, he (kinda) has merch.

http://gmsracing.net/news/?cid=62129

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Evacuating Ohio's White Death right now

You lucky, lucky man.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Peanut President posted:

Ryan Blaney should've been "Buckeye Bullet Jr". unliked, unsubscribed.

He wasn't born/lived in the Buckeye state.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

von Manstein posted:

Just give Derrike the win please

I've got some bad news...

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

The Busch crash reminded me of this crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waXjGcTXjuQ

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

shyduck posted:

Kyle Larson is a good driver to root for, right?

Yes

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Guess what races the exact same way as the Xfinity cars?

Tugboats?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

mearn posted:

The generator got released early!

http://bite.cool/dalejr/

“Damnit Rusty Wallace! When I bought my first computer, he wasn’t impressed. Good communication.”

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

so what the gently caress SRA, too good to show up to some random Cabela's opening in bumfuck North Carolina?

according to the twittermachine he was at a cabelas in bumfuck south carolina

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

aw, I kinda liked Denny

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

So um why isn't there a wall like next to the track? Kimmel needs to be like Gordon but instead of demanding SAFER barriers he just wants some drat walls.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

oh sweet jesus sra is trying to race a car on dirt

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Gettin' prepared for 'Dora?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

Aww man, Earl Baltes died :smith:

Yeah, I caught that this morning. He did fantastic things with a sunken patch of dirt in Ohio.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

http://www.racingjunk.com/NASCAR-ARCA-ASA-HOOTERS/182388843/NASCAR-Xfinity-Team-Complete-2015-Ready-.html?imageIndex=0&showSuperSize=true

Let's go racin', boys

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

N: NSSN says Eldora is America's favorite racetrack for the second year in a row.

V: 5/5, pro visit, will buy tickets to again. Gonna need some sweet 23 merch to rock this year, though, SRA...

Ditto. Goons want merch.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

mischief posted:

He needs to make an old school super tacky T-shirt. 80s style.

just copy this

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Elitist Bitch posted:

So, as we are all aware, next weekend is Talladega which means bingo. HOWEVER. I have to fly to Phoenix for a wedding and will be visiting family on race day. I'm still going to be able to make bingo cards and whatnot, but I won't be physically watching the race. I was hoping I could appeal to you guys for a couple volunteers to keep track of numbers for me so I don't have to watch the race, which would speed the results getting posted. If no one volunteers, that's fine, I can still do it, but results will be delayed about a week because I work every day between May 4-May 14th and won't have time to watch the race till next weekend.

Thanks dudes.

I will not be able to count cars on Sunday but I can provide a prize package if we need one of those for this race.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

That's a horrible LEGO NASCAR

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

if you're a journeyman in Trucks kill yourself

what about the ARCA journeymen?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

gently caress all that poo poo have a pic from days past at OCFS

e- I think I saw that guy in a Kongos video

He reminds me of Mark Malcuit (picured here with some young kid)

e: AND i just found the best Dick Trickle car ever

Quantrill fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 13, 2015

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

keevo posted:

@NASFACTS: wow sponger galloner got a top 10 in nastrucks

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I met Ricky Craven at the All-American Soap Box Derby. He was cool, not as cool as Mr. Belding, but cool.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Welp, I suppose I can root for Those drat Dillon Boys for at least one weekend this year:

that is nice stuff

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Flea market find

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

the only time I heard catbird seat was at Indy, strangely enough

I think I heard it when Hamlin pitted.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Since the Wiki is back, here's the compilation of information on attending races we did before it died the first time for anybody who might be going to a race this summer or anybody who might have anything to add. I did Eldora: http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=The_Goon%27s_Guide_To_Attending_Auto_Races

This is very informative, high five great job. Speaking of The E, who's all going to watch ARE SRA in them trucks?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

anotherblownsave posted:

Got my bingo prize pack today :catstare: holy gently caress Quantrill, you're awesome. Got an awesome old Jeff Burton die-cast, and a bunch of nascar cards, highlights include a Josh Wise autograph, and a Tim Richmond race used glove card.

That Richmond glove was the "big hit" of your pack. Ayn's big hit was a swatch of DeLana Harvick's firesuit.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

BMB5150 posted:

Well f1 had a better race this year

ha ha

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

They either hate Brad as well, but not as much, or don't realize Kurt's not in the 2 anymore.

They spent all their money on those sweet PVC side-pipes instead of a newer Kurt car.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Not true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9fB1IcTD48

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

good job Spaceship Gallifrey now just make some merch so I can buy it and support you at Eldora (don't make me make my own)

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

Was about to say this.

Also I really want to hit up Eldora to watch the trucks. Worth it?

(I almost feel I'm doing wrong by not seeing the World 100 there first :negative: )

I had a blast 2 years ago at the truck race. Plus it was my first time at Eldora and didn't feel any guilt about not seeing anything there before. They do have a support race with some late models during the night.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

mearn posted:

Why didn't they throw a debris caution before it was too late?

Because Canadians are too nice to do that?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Top Hats Monthly posted:

NASCAR pushing for South Carolina to drop the confederate flag

Huh.

All those people in the infield who fly the stars-n-bars with their #3 flag are gonna be pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, that's no way to treat the mentally unstable, potentially worthy of institutionalization hordes who refer to themselves as fans, and if you had Team Aggleant Air (as pronounced by Scott Pelley from CBS News) merchandise, I'd buy it because I want some.

Also, you doing any Goon Meets at Eldora?

SRA, you're going to drive your fanbase to all try and buy this hat on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nascar-Team-Issued-Brandon-Jones-GMS-Racing-Hat-NewEra-LG-XL-Truck-Series-/181719804865

Also, I'll be at Eldora and could probably tolerate meeting other goons. I'll be the one wearing knock-off "Spanger Gondolier" merch.

• Locked thread