Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

alcharagia posted:

To be fair, the series- in 2D at least- is kinda designed with speedrunning in mind.

Actually, that reminds me! Power Bombs in Fusion and Zero Mission. Fusion has way the gently caress too many Power Bomb expansions, who is EVER going to use 74 of those things, and Zero Mission giving them to you literally in front of the final boss room and then expecting you to go back on a mad dash through the entire game so far to pick out everywhere they could've possibly been useful was kind of a dumb decision. Also, hiding the version of the final boss that was remotely not a joke behind having 100% items was also kinda lame. Zero Mission still loving ruled though

Super Metroid: Wall jumping. It's not required to beat the game, thankfully, but it's entirely possible to get stuck in that pit with those three jumpy dudes, because while the game is trying to teach you how to do it, it does a pretty poor job at communicating a relatively unintuitive mechanic.

Zero Mission: I really, really didn't like the last chunk of items being locked behind tedious, exacting Shine Spark sections. Also that one expansion where you have to Ball Spark, which I still have no idea how to do (or rather, do low enough to the ground to get through the tunnel).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread