Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The ___ of Sorrow games are my favorite Metroidvanias and some of my favorite platformers ever but God drat are the drop rates bad. They put all these cool souls in the game for you to collect as magic abilities but it's so tough to get them to drop. Dawn of Sorrow had a cool idea where some soul abilities change or get stronger as you collect more of that soul but then they whipped it around and not left the low drop rates, but now you also had to use souls to craft any passable weapon. They could have done a fighter vs. caster sort of character progression but the stats in those games hardly ever count for anything.

Speaking of stats, I heard a rumor that Luck in Metroidvanias actually DECREASES drop rates, or at least has a negligible effect. If not for Thief Mode in Circle of the Moon I would believe that 100%

Discount Viscount posted:

Mega Man X Collection removed the voice clip of X shouting "Hadoken!"

They also used the Saturn version of Mega Man X3 with the far shittier sound effects and music, I loved the SNES's sound for that game and I was crushed when I heard the game in the X Collection :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread