Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have been replaying final fantasy tactics again. Great game, but holy gently caress the first chapter is a god drat train wreck.

For the first chapter, the game reduces the limit the amount of playable characters you can bring into battle by one. In exchange you get two npcs "helping" you out. However the npcs are weak idiots. They will gladly rush the enemy and died. If they died then they lose their only chance to gain experience and will stay weak for the rest of the chapter. So if you know this you can make them healers/range fighters, they are still pretty meh the too.

The 3rd or 4th mission of the game is one of the hardest fights in the game. The enemy is far stronger than anything else you have faced so far. There is a high tower with an archer on it. That archer can hit most of the map. And he will make sure to kill any freshly revived characters before you can heal them. Your two moron ai buddies will always bum rush the only route to the archer in a way best described as a three stooges act. You are best off ignoring that archer while the ai spends half the missions on just one enemy.

The last mission is a difficulty spike too. One of your ai buddies is permanently dead. Your other ai buddy will blindly attack the boss regardless of what class he is. However the boss has a 32% chance of healing 30 hp each time you attack him. You can not level up ai characters outside of storyline missions, so odds are your ai character will heal the boss and then die. And the rest of the battle is brutal too. My main character could be one shot by the mages on that map.

Finally I'm done with that chapter and the rest of the game is smooth sailing. Oh hey that engineer I have to rescue... game over because he died on the first turn...

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I enjoyed resident evil 5 when it first came out. Except for the final level. There is a QTE that requires you to press the a button over 100 times in a minute. It is possible but I died the first few times thinking I was doing something around 50 clicks. I hope that got patched out.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tiggum posted:

After hearing about how great the shouts in Skyrim are, they are really, really underwhelming. Knocking people backwards is kind of useful sometimes, but the recharge time is really long and the ordinary magic is much more useful and interesting than any of the shouts I've unlocked so far. Most of them seem completely useless.

Yeah the knock people down was mostly for stupid humor. Though the speed for was great for skipping awful bridges and skipping one of the final bosses.

I completely forget what the rest do despite collecting all of them.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Edit: nevermind I'm an idiot. Ignore me!

• Locked thread