Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji75PpoXCug

rainbow curses music is really good ok

Kirby 64 is a good game but it's painfully slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji75PpoXCug

rainbow curses music is really good ok

Kirby 64 is a good game but it's painfully slow

I like Kirby 64 a lot, but I agree with this entirely.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

kirby 64 is good cause of the badass power combos

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rainbow curse has a remix from almost every single Kirby game. Oddly, one its missing a song from is Canvas Curse.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Aardvark Barber posted:

kirby 64 is good cause of the badass power combos

Kirby's Dreamland 3 does not have power combos. It does, however, have animal friends with whom you can combo your single power. Like Kine, the sunfish, who is my friend. Also, it has the same methodical, rompy gameplay pace as 64, but slightly faster and more doable on account of being on the SNES.

I greatly enjoy Kirby's Dreamland 3, and would recommend it to anyone, including my grandparents.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Internet Kraken posted:

Rainbow curse has a remix from almost every single Kirby game. Oddly, one its missing a song from is Canvas Curse.

Canvas Curse's only original song is World of Drawcia and her boss theme. Everything else is a remix.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Kirby 64 was my first and only Kirby game for a good number of years so it will always hold a soft place in my heart.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I love this thread.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I wanted to play Canvas Curse but it's insanely expensive so I guess I'll never play it. So I ordered Mass Attack instead

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Adam Bowen posted:

I wanted to play Canvas Curse but it's insanely expensive so I guess I'll never play it. So I ordered Mass Attack instead

It's worth whatever inane price is being asked. Canvas Curse is the best spin off game.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
hm.... kirby...... yeah he owns

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Davinci posted:

Kirby 64 was my first and only Kirby game for a good number of years so it will always hold a soft place in my heart.

I remember first getting that game after playing Smash Bros. and thinking what a cool loving guy Kirby is

Although since I was a stupid kid, I never knew that I had to get all the crystals to get the best ending, and thought the bad ending was the real one

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Kirby 64 is a bad game.

incorrect. All kirby games are fun and good because kirby is fun and good

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please remember to push up on any crescent moons you see.

Also every artist I see draws Marx as a insane goblin and thats great.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the only kirby game close to not owning is pinball land

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please remember to push up on any crescent moons you see.

Also every artist I see draws Marx as a insane goblin and thats great.

How else would you draw Marx?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

even that game owned

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

even that game owned

it's why i said close to

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

absolutely anything posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UimIrTjuvfE

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Kirby 64 is great...but it also has this really bizarre fever-dream weirdness aesthetic to it that unnerves me to this day. (Not to say it isn't fun in its own right, but man it really messes with my head for some reason)

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Mario? who cares?

Legend of Zelda? More like legend of shmelda.

Fire Emblem? Pfft.

I'm a Kirby man til the day I die.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The 13th issue of Nintendo Force magazine has a Kirby and the Rainbow Curse cover. Instead of just taking the stock art or whatever...they actually commissioned someone to make a clay piece, used it as the cover, and then auctioned off the original!

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

jivjov posted:

The 13th issue of Nintendo Force magazine has a Kirby and the Rainbow Curse cover. Instead of just taking the stock art or whatever...they actually commissioned someone to make a clay piece, used it as the cover, and then auctioned off the original!

That's awesome.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

The premise of Squeak Squad owns way more than the game itself, which I would hardly say owns at all

That poo poo just wishes it was Revenge of the Gator.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

All Frogs posted:

That's awesome.

It is indeed. Nintendo Force itself is awesome enough, and then they just go above and beyond on the little touches. Much like a Kirby title!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this thread got me to youtube the marx theme from superstar because it is so good

the quiet opening brings me back to being a scrubass seven-year-old and wondering what the deal was when no one's there at first when you go to the marx fight

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

Kirby 64 is great...but it also has this really bizarre fever-dream weirdness aesthetic to it that unnerves me to this day. (Not to say it isn't fun in its own right, but man it really messes with my head for some reason)

Kirby games in general tend to have a eerie feel to them underneath all the fluff. Least the older ones. World of Drawcia's music sticks out because it's mostly just electronic buzzing and beeping

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

jivjov posted:

fffffffffffffffff god drat kirby is loving so cute i wanna die

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fawf posted:

The premise of Squeak Squad owns way more than the game itself, which I would hardly say owns at all

the level where you're diving through the wreckage of the halberd at the bottom of the ocean owns enough to make the entire game own

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

jivjov posted:

It is indeed. Nintendo Force itself is awesome enough, and then they just go above and beyond on the little touches. Much like a Kirby title!

That's the spiritual sequel to Nintendo Power right? I need to check that out sometime.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

All Frogs posted:

That's the spiritual sequel to Nintendo Power right? I need to check that out sometime.

They're running the Kickstarter to fund their 3rd year right here!. There's a $50 tier that gets you digital copies of Year 3, plus digital copies of all 13 back-issues.

Or just $15/$25 for digital/print of year 3.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 13, 2015

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I didn't think squeak squad was amazing but it was still a fun game even if it wasn't as good as some of the other ones.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Squak Squad still owned because all kirby games own

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Squak Squad still owned because all kirby games own

drat it's true

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

As a aside the newer songs in rainbow curse also own

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

jivjov posted:

They're running the Kickstarter to fund their 3rd year right here!. There's a $40 tier that gets you digital copies of Year 3, plus digital copies of all 13 back-issues.

Or just $15/$25 for digital/print of year 3.

Sweet. Thanks. I went for the $15 option because digital sounds convenient.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

All Frogs posted:

Sweet. Thanks. I went for the $15 option because digital sounds convenient.

Yeah, I only went physical because I have tremendous nostalgia for getting a physical magazine in the mail. My stepmother made me throw away all my Nintendo power back issues back when I was like 16 and I was PISSED.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

hell yes

Here's some weird kirby remixes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUbLzvRlkIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqJWa50O0qc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qck-S66djWs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
They could have just used two colors for Kirby's eyes but they didn't and that's really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rainbow Curse also has lyrics

kinda...

• Locked thread