Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day! Play some co-op Kirby with your special someone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The saddest part about this game is that none of my IRL friends really like Kirby so I'll never have a Bandanna Dee bro to back me up. :smithicide:

So do they even bother to explain why Kirby decides not to use his arms or legs in this game or is he just bored and doing this for the hell of it?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SilverSupernova posted:

The saddest part about this game is that none of my IRL friends really like Kirby so I'll never have a Bandanna Dee bro to back me up. :smithicide:

So do they even bother to explain why Kirby decides not to use his arms or legs in this game or is he just bored and doing this for the hell of it?

Technically, Kirby has neither arms or legs are just has hands and feet connected to his torsoball

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Happy Valentine's Day! Play some co-op Kirby with your special someone!

I recommend Kirby's Epic Yarn :waycool:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

noirstronaut posted:

Technically, Kirby has neither arms or legs are just has hands and feet connected to his torsoball

Are they even really arms? They look more like penguin flippers.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SilverSupernova posted:

From the intro it just looks like he is rolling for the hell of it. Kirby feels like tumbling so that's what he's gonna do.

All Frogs posted:

Are they even really arms? They look more like penguin flippers.

I call them nubs.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I recommend Kirby's Epic Yarn :waycool:

This is the best Kirby game to play casually with your partner. Kirby's Dream Course is also a fun miniature golf game that makes for fun dates!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kirby is out THIS WEEK! Who's getting it day one?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I am, me

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I got it pre-loaded already and I apparently have that day off. :rms:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

All Frogs posted:

I got it pre-loaded already and I apparently have that day off. :rms:

Awesome! We should all post our impressions since this game is obviously gonna own like every other Kirby game.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Rainbow Curse has to have the best Kirby OST. Every time I think of a compelling reason it wouldn't I realize that compelling reason has a killer remix in Rainbow Curse.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are my impressions: it's not as big a leap over Canvas Curse as I'd hoped, but I still had a lot of fun with it. Multiplayer is as broken as it looks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here are my impressions: it's not as big a leap over Canvas Curse as I'd hoped, but I still had a lot of fun with it. Multiplayer is as broken as it looks.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Is there a demo or did you play the Jap version?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Kirby is out THIS WEEK! Who's getting it day one?

Not me because I live in some bullshit backwater country with a queen and a Scotland and all that poo poo that somehow means I have to wait MONTHS to get my cute on :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

noirstronaut posted:

Is there a demo or did you play the Jap version?

JP version.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

When you say this I assume you mean multiplayer makes the game stupidly easy?

I feel like the same thing happened to Return to Dreamland. Some of the 'puzzles' were made a lot easier with friends and as long as player 1 is your best player and doesn't die, you can destroy everything in your path.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ineffiable posted:

I feel like the same thing happened to Return to Dreamland. Some of the 'puzzles' were made a lot easier with friends and as long as player 1 is your best player and doesn't die, you can destroy everything in your path.

I think he means it's nearly unplayable since the game is played on a Gamepad and one Gamepad can work on a Wii U.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

noirstronaut posted:

I think he means it's nearly unplayable since the game is played on a Gamepad and one Gamepad can work on a Wii U.

From what I've seen in the videos, multiplayer is people playing as waddle dees and you can still have your TV as the main viewing area.

One of the waddles can pick Kirby up and move in whatever direction they choose, without regard for the rainbow road. Then the 'Kirby' player can just focus on using rainbow road to block dangerous items, protect the waddles, and generally makes it easier because you don't have to micromanage kirby and obstacles at the same time. I think the waddles may be able to attack too?

I could be wrong, but that's my impression. I know Return to Dreamland is made significantly easier with just one more person. And never tested but, I think enemies have the same health/you do the same damage regardless of how many players you have active?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ineffiable posted:

Yup.

Hailfire
Sep 11, 2011
Man I really love the Kirby games, they are just so unbelievably cute and have amazing music!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Hailfire posted:

Man I really love the Kirby games, they are just so unbelievably cute and have amazing music!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Guys, I'm thinking about selling off my (ability to buy any of the ) Club Nintendo rewards for $20 so I could essentially get Rainbow Curse for free. Good idea? Probably.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Do you own W101 yet?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Do you own W101 yet?

drat right I do. I own all of the full 3DS game rewards except Starfox 64 3D, and then W101 and Earthbound. Then, the only physical reward I'm interested in is the calendar and, if like last year's, it'll just go for $10 on eBay.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Sounds like you are set so knock yourself out. Get some Kirby!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

King DeDeDe is some drat win.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mabels big day posted:

King DeDeDe is some drat win.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after buying and being loving bored to death of evolve I am happy to have traded it in and put it towards the preorder of a Good Kirby Game as nature intended

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sectonia Soul and Magolor Soul are two of the best final bosses I can think of.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I failed the true arena once because Sectonia Flower hit me off an edge while I had a star swallowed, so I couldn't jump. What a jerk :mad:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I beat Soul of Sectonia with Wheel, and I felt pretty proud of myself about that. (I beat the entire True Arena with Wheel actually, hardest part was Flowery Woods.)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think I'llb uy the new kirby game this weekend

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kirby embargo has lifted for reviews, grand majority of them have been positive! Except for Gamespot which wrote a hilariously loving bad one but who cares this game is going to own and everyone knows it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

Kirby embargo has lifted for reviews, grand majority of them have been positive! Except for Gamespot which wrote a hilariously loving bad one but who cares this game is going to own and everyone knows it.

There's also the Giantbomb one. Dan didn't like it at all. Called it "tedious, soulless, and annoying"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Skeezy posted:

There's also the Giantbomb one. Dan didn't like it at all. Called it "tedious, soulless, and annoying"

It's true, Kirby is without a soul. It is why he never shows remorse for the lives he devours.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Skeezy posted:

"the frustrating followup to canvas curse"

lol between this and the gamespot video where the reviewer dies to loving Whispy Woods, I'm chalking this up to just people somehow being bad at a Kirby game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MinibarMatchman posted:

Gamespot wrote a terrible review for Tropical Freeze as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Gamespot wrote a terrible review for Tropical Freeze as well.

I'd say gamespot hates fun but their goty was bayonetta 2 somehow so who knows. anyone who liked canvas curse will probably like this and im stoked for it dis weekend.

• Locked thread