Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Nice, I'll buy it when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm so excited for a new Kirby game. I'm gonna have bleeding gums and teeth later and be in a ton of pain so it's nice to know I have something cute waiting for me.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
Guys, looking at the utterly terrible review for Rainbow Curse by Gamespot Lady, it is VERY clear she's just abysmal at the game.

Listening to her describe the gameplay is loving abysmal.

- It's hard to control Kirby because you have to draw the lines quickly and if you dont you die
- If you run out of paint, you can die! That's some bullshit right there, what is resource management
- if you are bad at this type of gameplay, the game is really, really loving hard
- I mean jesus christ there are levels where you get projectile shooting and those are loving IMPOSSIBLE
- Also, why isn't this just another rehash? Why is it not just Kirby Triple Deluxe HD?
- Oh god i cant adapt to this gameplay style at all its just so boring and frustrating jesus christ oh my god
- also, for SOME REASON I CANT FIGURE OUT, the game gets HARDER as it goes on. like, what the gently caress nintendo?

Look, coming right down to it, the entire review is just her crying and whining it isn't a piss-easy walkover like most kirby games.

Like, legit? Watch the loving video. She dies on the first boss three times in the loving video, she's straight up terrible and doesn't know how to play at all. Great review, if this was a Souls game you would be out of a job.

Christ she even complains that the Amiibo functionality doesn't let you cheat your way through the game because you can only scan in each amiibo once per day and the bonuses are lost if you DIE.

It's just wah wah wah salt salt salt I wish this game was easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HanlOviJ62E

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Calm down, bud.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

noirstronaut posted:

Calm down, bud.

I'm not angry, I just find this poo poo completely baffling.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gettin metaknight amiibo and dis game delivered today. too bad my love of scalping toys to people on ebay is greater so i cant use any of the kirby amiibos on this

gonna have fun playin dis with the gf, though we're taking turns, not doing any of that baby waddle dee poo poo....we're true "gamers"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

Guys, looking at the utterly terrible review for Rainbow Curse by Gamespot Lady, it is VERY clear she's just abysmal at the game.

- It's hard to control Kirby because you have to draw the lines quickly and if you dont you die
- If you run out of paint, you can die! That's some bullshit right there, what is resource management
- if you are bad at this type of gameplay, the game is really, really loving hard
- I mean jesus christ there are levels where you get projectile shooting and those are loving IMPOSSIBLE
- Also, why isn't this just another rehash? Why is it not just Kirby Triple Deluxe HD?
- Oh god i cant adapt to this gameplay style at all its just so boring and frustrating jesus christ oh my god
- also, for SOME REASON I CANT FIGURE OUT, the game gets HARDER as it goes on. like, what the gently caress nintendo?

Look, coming right down to it, the entire review is just her crying and whining it isn't a piss-easy walkover like most kirby games.

Like, legit? Watch the loving video. She dies on the first boss three times in the loving video, she's straight up terrible and doesn't know how to play at all. Great review, if this was a Souls game you would be out of a job.

Christ she even complains that the Amiibo functionality doesn't let you cheat your way through the game because you can only scan in each amiibo once per day and the bonuses are lost if you DIE.

boy that's a lot of words you wrote

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
If you forgot to preorder kirby and the rainbow curse at toys r us go there now and grab a preorder card before they take them down and it will still give you the game and you will get the kirby amiibo for free . Mine forgot to takw the preorfer cards down so your mileage may vary. But the manager was cool with jt as long as they didnt have to override anything.

Card supposedly worms for the next 7 days.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just played through world 1 and 2, this is not going to be a very long game but I am 100% fine with it because man it's super super good. Missing 2 chests already though (I know where one is, the other is the third chest in the tank level though)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

This game is really fun. Was trying to get some frantic secret collectable on a timer and overshot a jump, went into a cannon above the sky and found myself in HIDDEN PACHINKO MINIGAME. Lots of nice little collectables as par the norm in games like Triple Deluxe, Mass Attack, Canvas Curse. Even has kind of a Yoshis Island "end roulette" thing that can award you other secrets. So far it's basically Canvas Curse 2; idk what the hell people were complaining about when someone said "there's no powers and now you need stars to use power poo poo" you get more than enough Star bits to activate your Kirby roids so it's not a big deal. Not as creative as powers in general would be but still cool, though I haven't reached any major transformation levels yet.

Everything looks fantastic and beautiful and goddamn the soundtrack is loving amazing. No brainer if you like Kirby games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Everything looks fantastic and beautiful and goddamn the soundtrack is loving amazing. No brainer if you like Kirby games.

The soundtrack really is amazing. It's worth it just for that and the figure showcase alone.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

The soundtrack really is amazing. It's worth it just for that and the figure showcase alone.

My favorite part of the game so far is collecting the songs and then listening to them in the collection. Also the brief cameos from Rick & Co. when Kirby is transformed into a vehicle.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just played through world 1 and 2, this is not going to be a very long game but I am 100% fine with it because man it's super super good. Missing 2 chests already though (I know where one is, the other is the third chest in the tank level though)

I've already missed quite a few, some of them are hidden pretty well. 28 stages and 48 challenge levels is pretty good considering the levels feel like they can hide a lot and the challenges can really get hilariously frantic.

I don't know how someone could have lost against whispy woods in this, though, lol.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

What do the books at the end of the stage do?

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

AdmiralViscen posted:

They're journal entries. I've only gotten like 2. I think they're flavor-text type stuff with some artwork mixed in.

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

AdmiralViscen posted:

Each one is a page from a secret diary. They are great and should definitely be what you aim for on the roulette.

Edit: Beaten, though now that I look through the thread I'm noticing that ThisIsACoolGuy's avatar is from the first page.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I didn't see an option to view a diary on the main menu. I'll have to look again.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Its insane how fun and cute and gorgeous this game is god drat

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Everyone post kirby!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Got my Kirby amiibo ready to join in the fun!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

gently caress me this is the worst post. Get a grip, so what if she didn't enjoy your loving Kirby game as much as you think she should have? So what if she's not amazing at it? Maybe it's just not very well designed.

stev fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 20, 2015

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Please everyone go out and buy the GOTY 2015 which is also the most adorable game ever!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress me this is the worst post. Get a grip, so what if she didn't enjoy your loving Kirby game as much as you think she should have? So what if she's not amazing at it?

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Is Kirby just a bad Jigglypuff ripoff?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Blister posted:

reported

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Blister posted:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh my loving god the music in 4-1 is goddamn magical. How did this soundtrack get so godlike.

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress me this is the worst post. Get a grip, so what if she didn't enjoy your loving Kirby game as much as you think she should have? So what if she's not amazing at it? Maybe it's just not very well designed.

Yo his post is terrible but she died to what equates to a Goomba with a life bar, she isn't "not as amazing" she is poo poo at the video game. Even the nerds at GameXplain started laughing at how bad the review was.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 20, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh my loving god the music in 4-1 is goddamn magical. How did this soundtrack get so godlike.

The mother fucker who did the ever immaculate Mother 3 soundtrack is at the helm, so it's best to just believe it's sent from God himself.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

noirstronaut posted:

The mother fucker who did the ever immaculate Mother 3 soundtrack is at the helm, so it's best to just believe it's sent from God himself.

Sitting here and I just missed a chest in 4-1 and I'm like oh no I have to play this amazingly fun stage again with phenominal music. How will I survive?!

This games outstanding.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

How good is Dedede's theme in this one?

That is one of the metrics by which I judge all Kirby games.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Been listening to the soundtrack and jesus what good music but why am I even surprised, it's Kirby.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

the wildest rear end posted:

How good is Dedede's theme in this one?

That is one of the metrics by which I judge all Kirby games.

It's fantastic and you unlock it in like the second level.

Can listen to it here

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yo his post is terrible but she died to what equates to a Goomba with a life bar, she isn't "not as amazing" she is poo poo at the video game. Even the nerds at GameXplain started laughing at how bad the review was.

They should make her review bloodborne.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm really glad HAL hired a new composer for Kirby & The Rainbow Curse. With the exception of a few standout tracks Triple Deluxe's soundtrack just didn't do it for me. :(

What little I've heard of the music in this game sounds excellent. Can't wait to play it later this year (darn you, NoE! :argh:)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just bought this game after hearing the song that plays in stage 1. I should have preloaded...

Edit: Triple Deluxe has my favorite soundtrack in the series and it looks like this game has like 10 remixes of Triple Deluxe tracks. Hell yeah.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 21, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Will say there's one stupid thing, in the sound check you can hit a button that plays the songs in order and it just loops for you while Kirby jams out. There's also stars you can tap to highlight as favorites and a playlist button that just cycles through them.

Thing is every single loving song is gold so what's the point.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blister posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

AdmiralViscen posted:

They unlock pages for a goofy little journal/storybook. Here's a pro excerpt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They unlock pages for a goofy little journal/storybook. Here's a pro excerpt:

:stare: Meta Knight is Tuxedo Mask

• Locked thread