Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Kirby 64 is great...but it also has this really bizarre fever-dream weirdness aesthetic to it that unnerves me to this day. (Not to say it isn't fun in its own right, but man it really messes with my head for some reason)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The 13th issue of Nintendo Force magazine has a Kirby and the Rainbow Curse cover. Instead of just taking the stock art or whatever...they actually commissioned someone to make a clay piece, used it as the cover, and then auctioned off the original!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

All Frogs posted:

That's awesome.

It is indeed. Nintendo Force itself is awesome enough, and then they just go above and beyond on the little touches. Much like a Kirby title!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

All Frogs posted:

That's the spiritual sequel to Nintendo Power right? I need to check that out sometime.

They're running the Kickstarter to fund their 3rd year right here!. There's a $50 tier that gets you digital copies of Year 3, plus digital copies of all 13 back-issues.

Or just $15/$25 for digital/print of year 3.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 13, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

All Frogs posted:

Sweet. Thanks. I went for the $15 option because digital sounds convenient.

Yeah, I only went physical because I have tremendous nostalgia for getting a physical magazine in the mail. My stepmother made me throw away all my Nintendo power back issues back when I was like 16 and I was PISSED.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm constantly surprised with how much fun I have with Kirby games despite the relative lack of challenge. Epic Yarn took it to the extreme where you literally could not fail, but Kirby games honestly are never really that difficult (the Orb form of the final boss of Adventures notwithstanding), they're just fun romps. Any challenge is usually relegated to collecting all the doodads rather than actual progression. They're just fun little romps and do a great job of being that, but I'm just surprised that I still enjoy each new Kirby game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's fantastic and you unlock it in like the second level.

Can listen to it here

The bass and percussion are amazing.

Also:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oh god, this is the cutest thing!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ayn rand hand job posted:

Its been over 3 minutes on the latest attempt.

This is ridiculous.

Sounds like you got a bad copy; splash screen for me lingers for 10 seconds, tops.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So when exactly does Rainbow Curse trigger a save? I beat a level, turned off the console, came back and now have nothing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Rainbow Curse really is too cute for its own good. I've been holding myself to only playing 2 levels per play session; I don't want to blast through the game too quickly.

I'm so mad at myself though..I missed the secret diary for one level. I did get the super cute one talking about their secret cave house base though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

bloodysabbath posted:

We rented the new Kirby, beat it in a day, and will be returning it to the video store shortly.

It was a fun little game to be sure, but if it wasn't a Nintendo title it would have been like a $14.99 download thing, not $39.99.

You got gold medals, all the figurines and music, and beat all the challenges in one day? I miss the days when I could devote a solid day to a game like that

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fix posted:

Don't worry, it was only released a few days ago, if you hurry you can still be part of the elite few, amongst the lying 13 year olds and also the best of the best.

Isn't Canvas Curse a DS title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Good poo poo, son.

Paint Roller was the boss I had the most trouble with in Kirby's Adventure (not counting the star ball)

• Locked thread