Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wait did they change Claycia and Elline's name in the English release? This is important.

Also her name is Elline because it sounds like A Line. The more you know.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Abu Dave posted:

Was the Wii ones any good, like return to dreamland?

Epic Yarn is good if you like score attack games. If you're not a fan of score attacking then it's pretty boring seeing as you can never die and getting hit or falling into pits removes that "score".

Return to Dreamland is great and the new team behind the Kirby games decided they wanted to make their own brand new adventure and while it is slower paced all the powers are really good and the EX version of the game after you finish it once owns and is the best thing. Also they decided they were going to try to start telling a overall story tying all the games together so everything from this game forward has had callbacks such as Magolor, the lil wizard dude being best friends with Marx from Super Star and stuff.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How Rude posted:

Triple Deluxe is cute, fun, and has the best boss themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9rdPAuOvsw

hell the whole series has kickin rad soundtracks, i love them all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgrBxAVLmKY

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji75PpoXCug

rainbow curses music is really good ok

Kirby 64 is a good game but it's painfully slow

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Internet Kraken posted:

Rainbow curse has a remix from almost every single Kirby game. Oddly, one its missing a song from is Canvas Curse.

Canvas Curse's only original song is World of Drawcia and her boss theme. Everything else is a remix.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Adam Bowen posted:

I wanted to play Canvas Curse but it's insanely expensive so I guess I'll never play it. So I ordered Mass Attack instead

It's worth whatever inane price is being asked. Canvas Curse is the best spin off game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please remember to push up on any crescent moons you see.

Also every artist I see draws Marx as a insane goblin and thats great.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

absolutely anything posted:

the only kirby game close to not owning is pinball land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UimIrTjuvfE

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

Kirby 64 is great...but it also has this really bizarre fever-dream weirdness aesthetic to it that unnerves me to this day. (Not to say it isn't fun in its own right, but man it really messes with my head for some reason)

Kirby games in general tend to have a eerie feel to them underneath all the fluff. Least the older ones. World of Drawcia's music sticks out because it's mostly just electronic buzzing and beeping

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

As a aside the newer songs in rainbow curse also own

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rainbow Curse also has lyrics

kinda...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

kirby has many friends

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Name one big name dev that loves it's fans more then the Kirby devs.

Fans really liked Magolor and asked for him to come back in some form and the team actually responded to the community saying "we'll work him into future things." Now Magolor shows up in a handful of cameos, retired and is a official Kirby buddy. They even remix his theme for fans whenever they get the chance.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

alcharagia posted:

I like Magolor. Magolor is cute, and makes fun noises. I love everything about Kirby, actually

Magolor being friends with Marx and knowing about Nova should of been a red flag all things considered.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like lighting my head on fire, the drill, and the fridge.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

MinibarMatchman posted:

there has been a kirby game on every single major nintendo system. why? because kirby owns and is always fun. you put kirby in anything and it is fun. Kirby games are always fun and always great and I think everyone needs to own Superstar and Dreamland 3.

Everyone knows Superstar and Superstar Ultra and the yoyo GAZER SPIRAL but here's why you also need the underrated Dreamland 3.

1) IT IS SIGNIFICANT.
This game introduces Goopy or whatever the gently caress his name is. He is a fucken retard moron and may even wreck your entire day but he is SIGNIFICANT because he never shows up ever again and will make you laugh.

2) ANIMAL BUDDIES.
I miss animal buddies and if only animal buddies were in Triple Deluxe then it would be the GOTY from 2014 to 2017. This has all the classics---Coo, Kine, and Rick---but also throws in Nago, a cat with the coolest sounding triple jump, Pitch a bird you ride on, and a weird girl gum thing that uses her parasitic powers to control your mind, it's hosed up

3) MOTHERFUCKING MISSIONS.
You can blaze through the game like a baby OR you can carefully figure out the secret MISSION of each level. Maybe you need to not step on flowers like a big dumb rear end in a top hat? Maybe you reunite a lightbulb with its lightbulb girlfriend? Maybe you need to win a guessing game and make an eel smile???? This owns and no other Kirby game does WORLDBUILDING like this one.

4) ANIMAL BUDDY FUSIONS
I almost forgot but depending on your powers, you get ridiculous animal buddy combos. You can use a bird like a remote control airplane or turn yourself into a surfboard and have A CAT RIDE YOU. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

In conclusion everyone needs this game available now on eshop for wiiu.

Animal buddies are in Triple Deluxe. In Kirby and the fighters they even have new 3D models and come out to do attacks and stuff.

Main 3 buddies even get some love in Rainbow Curse.

TheHoosier posted:

Kirby is the best Nintendo series besides Zelda. It has the best soundtrack, even in other games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=uuttw-Fk27w

Please post the best version

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah I saw them in the battle games but I WANNA RIDE THOSE GUYS

That's fair enough. I have a feeling if it weren't for multiplayer being a thing they're shooting for they'd be back already honestly.

Perfect world would be a playable cast of Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, Bandana Dee, Rick, Kine, Coo, Nago, Pitch, Chuchu and Gooey. That or make a Kirby Warriors game with all of them and Dark Matter/Magolor/ZERO ^2/Nightmare/Magolor/Sectonia for villains

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

MinibarMatchman posted:

gonna need a Marx amiibo asap

A entire Kirby line of amiibos would kill me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kewpuh posted:

ive never played a single kirby game ever but i bought this

I hope you enjoy it, and then go back to enjoy his other great games.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The best bosses are Triple Deluxes. Like that game had so much love put into the bosses it's nuts- and then there's the DX versions that get even more attacks and you rarely see the same exact attack twice, it's crazy.

Then it all mounts with the best hidden boss in the series in my opinion.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rollersnake posted:

Kirby's Adventure was one of my absolute favorite games of my childhood, and I played through it again the other week. It's still great.

I was a dumb kid and never bought Kirby's Dream Land 2 or 3, though, because I thought they got rid of swallowing enemies to gain powers. Because they were sequels to Kirby's Dream Land and not Kirby's Adventure, you see.

You should fix this asap. 3 even has special guest showings from ROB and Samus and stuff, it owns.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not a Children posted:

I demand to see the disk art for rainbow curse, this is pretty much going to be the deciding factor on whether I go digital or not

It has a claw rainbow around the middle and it leads to a star with Clay Kirby popping out of it waving at you. It's really nice.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not a Children posted:

Welp, guess my decision to get a 2TB hard drive for my wii u was indeed a terrible one

Best picture I could find.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I am, me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here are my impressions: it's not as big a leap over Canvas Curse as I'd hoped, but I still had a lot of fun with it. Multiplayer is as broken as it looks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mabels big day posted:

King DeDeDe is some drat win.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just wanted to say Gamespot gave Tropical Freeze a 6/10 so if you think you should pay any attention to them think again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

:smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm so excited for a new Kirby game. I'm gonna have bleeding gums and teeth later and be in a ton of pain so it's nice to know I have something cute waiting for me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just played through world 1 and 2, this is not going to be a very long game but I am 100% fine with it because man it's super super good. Missing 2 chests already though (I know where one is, the other is the third chest in the tank level though)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh my loving god the music in 4-1 is goddamn magical. How did this soundtrack get so godlike.

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress me this is the worst post. Get a grip, so what if she didn't enjoy your loving Kirby game as much as you think she should have? So what if she's not amazing at it? Maybe it's just not very well designed.

Yo his post is terrible but she died to what equates to a Goomba with a life bar, she isn't "not as amazing" she is poo poo at the video game. Even the nerds at GameXplain started laughing at how bad the review was.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

noirstronaut posted:

The mother fucker who did the ever immaculate Mother 3 soundtrack is at the helm, so it's best to just believe it's sent from God himself.

Sitting here and I just missed a chest in 4-1 and I'm like oh no I have to play this amazingly fun stage again with phenominal music. How will I survive?!

This games outstanding.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

the wildest rear end posted:

How good is Dedede's theme in this one?

That is one of the metrics by which I judge all Kirby games.

It's fantastic and you unlock it in like the second level.

Can listen to it here

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Will say there's one stupid thing, in the sound check you can hit a button that plays the songs in order and it just loops for you while Kirby jams out. There's also stars you can tap to highlight as favorites and a playlist button that just cycles through them.

Thing is every single loving song is gold so what's the point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm proud of you

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ayn rand hand job posted:

Why isn't the game starting.

I have a disc.

ust sitting on a splash screen endlessly.

Did the music stop? The splash screen stays around for a long time because of the long song.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I cannot stand how cute this game is. If I had one complaint, a very very minor one, it's that all the treasure chests are super SUPER easy to find and get. I would of liked them being a bit more out of the way but eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just beat the final boss and got all the treasure chests. Gonna go back and get gold on all the stages for sure though, and I still have the challenge rooms to chew through. This game is fantastic.

• Locked thread