Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Anime Curator posted:

i have kirby predownloaded and ready

I also have it pre-downloaded. Looking forward to this. That art style is several shades of adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji75PpoXCug

rainbow curses music is really good ok

Kirby 64 is a good game but it's painfully slow

I like Kirby 64 a lot, but I agree with this entirely.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

jivjov posted:

The 13th issue of Nintendo Force magazine has a Kirby and the Rainbow Curse cover. Instead of just taking the stock art or whatever...they actually commissioned someone to make a clay piece, used it as the cover, and then auctioned off the original!

That's awesome.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

jivjov posted:

It is indeed. Nintendo Force itself is awesome enough, and then they just go above and beyond on the little touches. Much like a Kirby title!

That's the spiritual sequel to Nintendo Power right? I need to check that out sometime.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

jivjov posted:

They're running the Kickstarter to fund their 3rd year right here!. There's a $40 tier that gets you digital copies of Year 3, plus digital copies of all 13 back-issues.

Or just $15/$25 for digital/print of year 3.

Sweet. Thanks. I went for the $15 option because digital sounds convenient.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

absolutely anything posted:

the reasons i wish i were kirby increase by one

You earned 2 Friendship Points!

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Jellymouth posted:

Important discussion topic! What was everyone's favorite power combo in Kirby 64?
Personally, I'm stuck between:

This one, for a variety of complex reasons. The most important being that it's rad as hell.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

What's your favorite Kirby boss? Mine is Kracko, he's a cool but angry cloud guy. Shows up in basically every Kirby game too. His deluxe version was a real pain in Triple Deluxe.

Mine is probably Heavy Lobster or Computer Virus. I like the look of the former and the gameplay of the latter a lot. I also liked Flowery Woods from Triple Deluxe because I was expecting a more traditional Whispy Woods fight and it turned out to be an even better one.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

noirstronaut posted:

Technically, Kirby has neither arms or legs are just has hands and feet connected to his torsoball

Are they even really arms? They look more like penguin flippers.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I got it pre-loaded already and I apparently have that day off. :rms:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

Kirby only ever gets angry in America.

Only on the outside cover. Inside the game he's still the same lovable pink ball of whatever he is.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

How Rude posted:

why do people need to feel they need to justify their purchase when this game is cuteness, happiness and fun distilled into its purest form.

It's almost as if you have to be some kind of neckbeard to care about whether it's on the television or the gamepad :reject:

should I pre-download this? anyone know how much hard drive space rainbow curse takes?

It takes up roughly 3.5 gigs.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Played through the first few levels and I'm getting kind of a Kirby's Epic Yarn vibe from the game. It seems very chill so far.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

The soundtrack really is amazing. It's worth it just for that and the figure showcase alone.

My favorite part of the game so far is collecting the songs and then listening to them in the collection. Also the brief cameos from Rick & Co. when Kirby is transformed into a vehicle.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

AdmiralViscen posted:

What do the books at the end of the stage do?

They're journal entries. I've only gotten like 2. I think they're flavor-text type stuff with some artwork mixed in.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I think submarine Kirby is my favorite transformation. I like being able to direct the missiles with magical rainbow paint and hitting people behind me through a convoluted line of fire.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

That game looks pretty fun.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Wes Anderson should totally make a Kirby movie, especially a clay one. Or get the people who do Wallace and Gromit. I can't think of anyone else would be able to do something like Kirby and keep the charm.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

noirstronaut posted:

Wes should direct a Kirby film written by the guys who do Wallace and Gromit.

I support this.

Edit: Also, just beat 7-2. Man, that level was rad all the way through.

All Frogs fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 23, 2015

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Ometeotl posted:

So...Bill Murray as Dedede?

Sure. I can see Willem Dafoe as Meta Knight too.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I've just been going through the levels and collecting treasure chests as I go. I'll double back later and get the ones I missed. Though I'll probably play levels like 7-2 again just because they're so much fun.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I enjoyed that. Also, I've never played Mother 3 beyond the very beginning because of technical reasons, but listening to that Hot Springs track makes me wanna go back and try it again.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

The pacing wasn't really the problem. My laptop literally stopped working right as I was getting into it and I just haven't had the time to sit down and start again, really.

Edit: on a Kirby-related note I played through the original Dream Land for the first time the other day. Super short, but I liked it. It took me a while to get used to using no power-ups, too.

All Frogs fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 1, 2015

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

SilverSupernova posted:

Mother 3 isn't bad. Its rhythm attack thing is pretty cool and you can still do well in the game even if you suck at said mechanic (like I did). However, you really need to overcome quite a bit to start to enjoy it such as waiting for over an hour for the main game to start as well as how painfully linear it is, even compared to 2.
Neat game, but I can definitely see why the Eastern Hemisphere hates it.

Ah, cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I got the Gourmet Race theme. Brings back memories of playing through Super Star as a kid. Good times.

• Locked thread