Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Marcia Stuart Blaine, Operations, The Infernal
Hot 0 Cold: -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm: 0, Experience: 0, Conditions: drained, Lives: 1/2, DPStrings: 3

Ugh. The whole point of having an anonymous friend was to have someone else. Besides Gene. Someone who could be honest with me, not just read from some stupid servile script programmed into him. I used to kinda think I had two friends, rounded up, since there were... limitations with each of them. Now that these two fractions end up being of the same person, I realize I should be rounding down. To zero.

So I don't mind when Olga takes the datapad away. As for her question, I can't answer it honestly. Talking about the Narrator or spiting my dead parents can't do my any good. So I say a half-truth, and try to turn it around on Olga. Who am I trying to impress? "No one. Especially not the idiot I was texting... Way I see it, trying to be the best I can be is its own reward: if I impress anyone in the process, doing what I do, that's up to them."

There's some silence. Normally this would be when I'd listen to the Narrator to learn who Olga is trying to impress, then use that information to my advantage. But since she's taking a break from writing about me, or narrating it at least, I realize if I want to know I need to ask Olga myself like a regular person, not alienate her like some brooding weirdo. I look over my shoulder and smile tentatively. "That's just my way though. What about you? When I put in a good word for Cadet Markov for patching me up and cleaning out all the alien eggs, who do you want to hear it?" Hm, maybe if there's someone she likes I can try to set them up. She seems nice, and I don't want to keep having zero friends or people I can talk to.

Manipulate Olga: 2d6 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Angelawell, you're naked, bleeding, covered in thin layer of slime, and you think you might be a murderer on top of a monster. Not a good day.

On the plus side, Gene's doing his best to calm you down. Also, between the beating he got earlier from Marcia and you bashing his head against the ground, Victor is out cold, so he doesn't see you like this. Unfortunately, Alois is staring at you, mouth gaping open. What do you do?
You can only activate Primal Dominance once a scene due to the Singleton rule, and you got your string on Marcia a little while ago.
Also, you need to give J.T. a condition for the shut down earlier.

Gene, as you're trying to calm Angela down, you put your hand down on the bulkhead and then jerk it back in pain. Turns out the blood from the creature is much stronger than the residue left on her skin.
Take a harm
As you look back at your squad, you see that Victor's out cold, bleeding onto the ground, and Alois is staring at the Anglea. What do you do?

Marcia, she flushes at the question, and for a brief moment you think she's going to confess her love for you. After all, that's what's always happened in this sort of situation, right? But no, she's looking at you, judging if she can trust you. Apparently, she thinks she can. "I guess if you could mention it to Max, that'd be nice. I know a lot of people think he's stuck up, but he's just used to being some place... nicer. He's really great once you get to know him!" She gets a dreamy look for a moment, before snapping back to the present, flushing even more. She goes back to work in silence, finishing up on your back.

A moment later, J.T. comes stumbles in, looking much worse than you. Olga gasps and runs over to help her on the bed. Leaving you behind, she gets right to work, trying to stop the worst of the bleeding. What do you do?

J.T., before you can say anything, you end up on a bed next to Marcia, who looks like she had her own run in with Angela. Olga cuts off the rest of your top without saying a word and gasps as she looks at your cuts and burns. You feel her go to work with a frantic pace. Once the gashes are starting to close, she asks you, "What's going on out there? Who- What did this to you?" What do you do?
Heal a harm

Let's make this a new scene, which means new highlights.
Angela West highlight Marcia and Jane
J.T. highlight Angela
Marcia highlight Gene

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Angela West, The Were-Alien
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Moral Coward

My body feels weak and cold, very, very cold, as I lay huddled on the ground, shaking. But when Gene unexpectedly takes me into his arms, I can feel warmth spreading back into me in a rush. I might even be blushing a bit, I'd never thought of Gene in any romantic light before, but.... no, this isn't the time. As my body calms down, I give Gene a faint smile, and slowly struggle to me feet. Which is when I notice Victor crumpled on the ground, and Alois staring at us.

Gene gets a string on Angela

Gotta think Angela! You're the captain-almost. "Alois! What are you doing? Call for backup, and get Victor medical attention and both of us into separate quarantines, I bit him so who knows what might happen! Kirk t-oh poo poo." I look around, but Kirk is nowhere to be seen. God, how did she manage to run off so fast? "Send someone after Kirk too, she'll need medical attention as well." Then, duty done, I collapse back onto the ground, exhausted.

I'll give J.T. the condition, Infected :getin:

J.T. Highlights Hot
Marcia Highlights also Hot

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
J.T. Kirk, the Mortal
Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile-1, Dark 1
Harm 2/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Drained, Infected

"Ouch! Sorry, that's kind of tender there. Um...there was a hostile life-form loose on the ship. Something fast and and dangerous. I ran into it and it...tried to establish dominance over me, or something. It could have killed me but it didn't. Security had it under control when I left the scene."

Accurate, but leaving out the part about it being Angela West. Olga doesn't need to be alarmed any more than she already is. I can feel the medical treatment doing a world of good.

"The biology of the thing is crazy, it has blood so corrosive it risks melting through deck plating, a bladed exoskeleton that makes a bat'leth look harmless, two sets of jaws in an eyeless head, it moves like nothing I've ever seen...I'm not sure it was real, to be honest. I don't think I've suffered head trauma or that I'm hallucinating though."

I'm slowly becoming aware that I'm topless and that my pants are a ruined mess over my injured leg, and Olga is going to be cutting them off next. This isn't a great time to be self conscious, but hey, my timing has been terrible all day so why change now?

"Uh, hey, Doc...any chance of a private room? Feeling kind of exposed here."

Oh god that was just the worst thing to say, now Marica is going to be looking at me while I blush. Why did I have to draw her attention? Hopefully it'll get written of as symptoms of shock.

Turn on Marcia: 2d6+2 7

Marking XP

Angela should highlight...Hot, duh.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Harm: 0, Experience: 1, Conditions: drained, Lives: 1/2, DPStrings: 3

Completely fine with being triaged, the newcomer looks way worse than I did. Parasite scan came up negative on me anyway, and I can operate the basic suture thing on my own. I ask Olga if there's anything else I can do and she just says keep her calm. I nod and hold Kirk's hand and listen to her talk. I agree with her assessment of the creature, tell her I believe her, yeah, I saw it too, that she's tough to have fought it off and walked all the way here on her own. That she'll be safe in here. I tell her I shot it once, I'll shoot it again. I thought I was doing a good enough job, but then Kirk starts panicking anyway. About her breasts. Doesn't make any sense, we're all women here.

I cock an eyebrow at Kirk, then glance down at my own uniform that's barely hanging together itself, more from being slashed apart than disintegrated. I just shrug and finish it off in the same motion, "There, see, nothing to be ashamed of. We're both owning the survivor look." There's a beat, and now Olga looks a little flustered too. Psilae always said she was kind of timid. "Just showing some patient solidarity, Olga. You're off the hook. I'll go get us some gowns."

Naturally, I'm in for an unpleasant surprise when I get to the replicator and ask it for a gown and a replacement uniform. The piece of garbage makes the one and then locks up. I walk back, feeling chilly, and give the gown to Kirk, who's cleaned up by then and being scanned, and clear my throat, "I have to let my wounds air out a bit anyway, doctor's orders."

Stupid replicator. Power must be being rationed throughout the ship, and even if it was just this one, I couldn't go to another replicator during lockdown anyway, so I just have to endure my somewhat self-inflicted humiliation. This is exactly the kind of thing the Narrator would have warned me about.

While Olga works, I try to cheer myself up. At least I look better than what's left of West. Just a pile of parts. Then Kirk finishes being scanned, and I take a look at Olga's datapad. I'm not a doctor or a biologist, but I don't need to be one to be able to tell that unlike the outsides of our bodies, on the inside hers is different from mine and not in a good way. Kirk's voice echoes in my mind, "it...tried to establish dominance over me, or something. It could have killed me but it didn't," and I gulp. My God. She's in good hands though! Olga seemed on top of things.

Not anymore. The good doctor's holding her breath and her hands are shaking. The datapad drops and I catch it, then I take the her aside before she freaks out Kirk. "Snap out of it, you've gotta act fast. I've seen your evals and my roommate's told me you're a prodigy. If anyone can deal with this on the ship it's you." I tell her about the replicator, and that there are pieces of the creature and an infected corpse nearby. If she needs me to run out there to grab her samples or try every replicator on the drat ship I can do it. She remarks that I'm out of uniform.

"Yeah, I know, I'm set to stun. But there's a lockdown, I've got a phaser, and I don't care if a life's at stake. Tell me what you need."

Manipulate Olga: 2d6 9

Gene needs to figure out what the heck he wants. Dark.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Gene Solomon, the Djinni
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm 0+1/4 | Exp 5/5 | Conditions: -- | Resentment 1/3

I put my hand on the deck to help prop up Angela--GAH! What the--the acid may be vaporizing, but it still stings! I'm going to be spending a lot of time down here in the future, aren't I. Thank the galaxy for nanites...

But that's for later. After Angela gets up I pull myself up and towards Victor. I watch Alois take off back up the ladder, and then produce my "personal" tricorder and kneel back down. Victor...is going to be okay. I'm not a doctor, but I can figure that much. Jane was able to get to medbay on her own, and they can help her pretty well on that front, so she's okay. Alois only has mental trauma--maybe he'll ask me some time to help take his mind off it, and I can help him then. As for Angela...

"So, uh...Angela..." I say as I crane my neck up to make very very sure I'm looking at her head. "About this, uh...condition...do you want to talk to me about it?" That seems like the best way to refer to whatever she was earlier. I can feel my hand absently tapping at my tricorder, syncing with my nanites, looking for what this is and what I can do about it. "Can I...is there anything else you need? Do you want to wait for the doctor or should I, uh...take you back to your quarters?"

Let's finally roll a high stat as I Gaze into the Abyss regarding Angela and what I can do to cheer her up!
[22:42:10] <DVAway> !r 2d6+2
[22:42:11] <Krysmbot> DVAway, 7+2 = 9
I'll take the Drained condition.

...was my breathing always this heavy?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Marcia, Olga lowers her voice conspiratorially, and says, "I... some samples would be good, yes, but I don't want to be alone with her. What if she turns while you're gone?"
That's when you hear the Narrator's disgusted voice ring louder than before, grumbling, "I can't believe she hasn't gotten anything important done while I've been gone. I swear, she doesn't know how good she has it right now. Maybe I should remind her what things were like without me around to smooth over the rough patches."
What do you do?

J.T., Olga and Marcia are whispering and shooting glances at you. That... can't be good. Also, now Marcia's essentially naked while you've got the gown.
What do you do?

Gene, well, she's obviously upset about the whole turning into a murderous alien sort of thing. But you can just tell right now that curing her would be a really involved process. It could take days, or even weeks for your nanites to completely remove whatever caused the change in her.

In the meantime, it seems like her transformation might be some sort of defense mechanism triggered by adrenaline and strong emotions, so keeping her calm and even keeled would be a good way to keep her from changing again. Also, she really seemed to be worried about Victor. She probably likes him. Or.. maybe she likes him. Hard to tell right now, though. Anyway, that may have to wait because...
Assuming you wanted clear visions.
Also, what's your advance?

Angela and Gene, you both glance up when you don't hear any movement from Alois. Instead, he's drawn his phaser and has leveled it at Anglea's head.

He says in a very shaky voice, "Gene, even if that is Anglea, you need to back away from her. We don't know what it's capable of."

What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

J.T. Kirk, the Mortal

I don't like the way they're huddling over there keeping secrets from me.I might have a just my (ruined, blood and chemical stained) shorts on and maybe I'm a little bit woozy from the painkillers but I still have my rights, dammit.!

"Hey Doc, is something wrong? Because if I have a serious medical condition you need to explain it to me as per Starfleet Medical Regulation 141.9A.3, patient treatment to be carried out with informed consent etc."

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+2 11

Olga needs to be straight with me about my prognosis! It's my right as an American Federation Citizen! Her motive is 'following regulations'

"And, uh...thanks for the gown, Marcia. Are you...going to get back to your quarters dressed like that? I can wait if you want to take the gown. Pretty sure I'm not going anywhere for a while."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Gene Solomon, the Djinni
Hot 1, Cold -1+1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm 1/4 | Exp 5-5/5 | Conditions: Drained| Resentment 1/3

I think I'll take Cold+1 for my advance, actually. I want to be better at that.

...it is really, really hard for someone with my sort of power to accept that sometimes these sorts of things take time. I can make a phaser rifle with a snap of my fingers! (If someone asks.) What is this disease that it would take so long to fix?! At least the treatment is easier than the cure...just keep her content and happy. No stress, no triggering of strange alien powers, no chases through the spine of the ship. No fuss.

Which is why I really do not want Alois pointing his phaser at her...at us. The last thing we want is for her to be stressed again. That would make...many people unhappy. And my father would say that the happiness of many outweighs that of the few.

Or in this case, the one.

"Alois," I say, very calmly, very...logically. I don't even look at him--I just switch between looking at Victor directly in front of me and Angela to my side (still at her face!) "I can't help but notice that you've gotten out your phaser after all the danger has passed. Are you sure you're quite fit for security?" I click my teeth a bit. Did that work?

Rolling with my shiny new and improved Cold, go!
[22:38:07] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6
[22:38:08] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 6 = 6

...probably didn't. I need to stop running my mouth...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Moral Coward

I look at Gene and sigh, "I don't have a clue about it. I... I just wish Victor was alright. He's hurt a lot worse than Kirk was..." And that I didn't kill Paul. I don't actually know that I did, maybe I didn't. The door logs do show that someone else was doing something there, so I might not have... I'm going to cling to that. My thoughts are interrupted by Alois and his goddamn phaser.

Gritting my teeth, I look up at him, glaring daggers. "gently caress!" I spit out the first words, along with some of whatever goo is covering my body, "Point you gun at me if you want but loving call for backup first like I told you you space cadet!"

Manipulating Alois to do what Angela told him to before
[22:52] godfish !r 2d6+1
[22:52] Krysmbot godfish, 8+1 = 9

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I respond to Markov, "We can't send her to collect samples, and we can't risk you out there so..." I hug her to disguise my hooking West's phaser to her belt where Kirk can't see it, "I'm going. Keep this to remember me by." Kirk speaks up and Markov shrinks behind me. Note to self, she's got that research focus. Needs to work on her bedside manner. I say over my shoulder, "I'll give Kirk the news."

Okay Blaine. Take a deep breath, recall her first name. Kneel, so we're on the same level. Look her right in the eyes. Pretend the Narrator isn't yelling in your ear. "Jane, you have some parasites that aren't in the database. But Markov here is a top biologist, so you're gonna stay calm and tell her everything you observed about the creature, and I'm gonna go get her some samples from where I fought it, with that gown if you'll let me." I don't tell her I'm not gonna wear it, probably contaminated, but I'll use it for a glove and bindle to transport the samples.

"Olga will run some more tests and figure out some way to treat you, you'll be fine since we caught it so early, and we'll hit the canteen and laugh about it. Okay?" Hear that, Narrator? I kinda just asked someone out. And before that, I, uh, hugged a nurse. And I deduced who my anonymous buddy is... didn't I? I just need a little more time!

Turn on infected Jane: 2d6+1 11

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Marcia, you leave the room with Olga looking nervously across the room at Jane. While you're making your way through the corridors, you get a call for some back up. Apparently someone's got the creature cornered down in the spine. When you get there, you find a naked Anglea huddled up against Gene while Gene's roommate has a phaser leveled at them. Off to the side, there's a big pool of slowly liquidating guts from the creature. On the other side, Victor's unconscious and got some pretty nasty injuries of his own. His phaser is resting at your feet. What do you do?

J.T. Kirk, so, uh, did Marcia just ask you out on a date? What do you think of that?

Once she leaves, Olga sits down on the other side of the room from you and tells you that what Marcia told you was more or less accurate. Olga's not sure what else she can tell you, but she knows that you've got some time before anything permanent changes happen

Of course, that would be more convincing if she didn't look so scared. What do you do?

Anglea, he looks a little unsure, but he comms out for backup. After all, what can more people hurt? He looks down to Gene and says, "Gene, you've got to get away from her. I don't want to hit you if she tries to pull something. I mean, Gene, man, do you even know it's her? She was just a giant freaky monster thing! That's not normal!" Peeking around the corner, you see Marcia stick her head around the corner and her eyes flick to the phaser on the ground in front of her. She doesn't seem to be wearing anything, but she's got a big fabricated robe thing she's got folded in front of her.

What do you do?

Gene, um, he's got a point. Do you know it's her and not some sort of shapeshifter? I mean, how well do you think you know Anglea anyway? Victor lets out a low groan of pain, but remains out of it. Do you heal him with everyone still watching like this? What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

J.T. Kirk, the Mortal

Well, that was...different. I think Marcia is the only person who's been nice to me today, and I didn't do anything for her. Directly, I mean. Yeah, I probably saved her life a little bit earlier with the reactor thing, but...anyway. I'm so stunned that I just sort of nod and mumble as she leaves. Real cool, J.T. Almost as cool as Olga over there, looking like she's about to throw up every time I so much as twitch or groan. Need to get her working somehow, I don't really think shiny black is my colour.

"Alright, then. If I've got some time then I can help you. Biology isn't really my thing but I can help you get the most out of this antiquated equipment."

I force myself to my feet and over to the gene-sequencing tritometer.

"Look at this piece of crap, it's easily as old as the ship! They never replace this stuff when they do the refits, do they? Oh there's always plenty of resources for new phasers and torpedoes, but basic medical research gear? How are you going to blow up Klingons with that nerd junk, am I right?"

I keep chatting at her as I open up the guts of the machine and do a bit of spot-fixing and hot-wiring. With some adjustments to allow for my personal biology and that of the parasite, we might be able to isolate the infection and...work something out from there, maybe. I can't do it alone, though.

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+2 8

What will it take to get Olga to settle down and go to work on helping cure me?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gene Solomon, the Djinni
Hot 1, Cold =0, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm 1/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: Drained| Resentment 1/3

Honestly, I don't even notice. Alois can blab, and someone else can come up somewhere else, but I'm not worried about them right now. I'm looking over Victor again. Angela said she wanted him to be okay. Victor's bleeding from a very big cut, and there's some steam and acid burns on his arm. It's not child's play, but...knitting flesh and grafting skin is just like making any other material, right?

I can practically hear some vaguely science-y voice talking in the back of my head. "Replicator, two 10 centimeter square pieces of synthetic skin and one liter whole Andoran blood." Memories from an old...I guess by Federation standards it wasn't much of a life...

I run the tricorder over Victor's injuries, close my eyes, and focus...

Well Captain Janeway had her Voyager, and all the Q race have their weirdo powers/but they're all far away so you got me, and I've got nanites all my own for hours~
[20:09:36] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+2
[20:09:36] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 10+2 = 12

There's a warmth in my hands as cuts start stitching themselves up and skin starts healing by itself. And Victor starts groaning a bit. It worked! Hmm...I wonder if my nanites can make synthetic painkillers...

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Both West's sloughed off skin and the piece of the creature I sliced off with the cutting beam mode of her phaser have sunk through the floor by the time I get to the scene of our fight, so I follow the comms to the spine, knowing that my getting whatever samples are there to medical before they disintegrate will be key to saving Jane.

God it's a complicated scene, but I need to think fast. I scoop up Pendalyon's phaser while Solomon starts using his nanites to resuscitate him and point it at his roommate, who's bearing down on the isolated West. "Don't you dare shoot her. There's a Cadet in medical possibly infected with the same thing as she is." I strafe over to the pile of viscera while I continue, "You are gonna escort her there double time--carry her if you have to--and I'm gonna try to transport some of those guts." I turn to Gene, "Solomon, you can handle field aid here. If there are complications, buzz me. Medical's going to be busy and you might need to take him elsewhere."

Manipulate Alois: 2d6 11

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Moral Coward, Blamed

The sight of Marcia appearing is not one I welcome, first off, what the hell is she doing here, she isn't in security? I thought I told Alois to call for backup, not loving Operations. And Blaine is the least favorable person to arrive, for all I know she'll just open fire right off the bat! Thankfully she seems to have cooled her head a bit from her earlier self important tripping about Paul's death. As she repeats basically what I've been saying to Alois, he finally seems to get it. "Thank the stars, at least someone else here is speaking sense." I give her a weak grin, which quickly fades when I catch was she said about Kirk. "Not Kirk too, dammit!"

I slam my fist into the wall, gritting my teeth in frustration, when I hear Victor groan and I turn to see Gene doing... something... to him, healing him. "What- ho-" I gape at him for a moment, then manage another smile, "I don't know how you did that Gene, but thank you." I stand up weakly to walk off with Alois and any other security arriving. "Don't let anything happen to him, you hear?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

J.T., she's starting to relax a little, giggling at your small talk while adding, "Yeah, and the worst part is that the brass always promote Security goons to Command more than any other track. So much for 'Per Aspera Ad Astra,' huh?" She's still keeping away from you, but at least she's not shaking anymore. If you can find a bit more you have in common with her, she'll be back to her professional self. And, hey, you'll have probably made a friend. That's good too, right?

What do you do?

Gene, as the others leave you behind, Victor's eyes remain closed, but he starts to move as his wounds close. He lets out a satisfied groan as the last of the wounds close, and his eyes flutter open, meeting yours. He has a dreamy smile for a moment, before he sits bolt upright and looks around for his phaser, but he notices the scene around him is much calmer than he expected. Confused, he looks to you and asks, "So, what the hell happened? Last thing I saw was a blackish blur, and then I..." He looks down at his chest, expecting to see a deep gash, but he just has a torn and bloody uniform. Even more confused, he looks to you for an explanation.

What do you do?
Sure is nice being appreciated. Take a string on Angela.

Marcia and Angela, while the three of you march towards the medbay, Alois drags his feet and tries to keep Marcia between Angela and himself. He's being pretty well behaved, studiously looking at the wall while all of you walk. Since, you know, neither of you are wearing any clothes. Without warning, the all clear sign is given, and you hear people start to come out of their quarters. He lets out a dry chuckle and says, "Well, love to stay and help you girls, but it's downtime for me right now. Anyway, I've got company coming over to my room, so be seeing you." He turns and walks towards his and Gene's room, leaving the two of you with a bundle of alien parts and buck naked in the middle of the hallway.

What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

J.T. Kirk, the Mortal
Hot 2+1, Cold -1, Volatile-1, Dark 1
Harm 2/4 | Exp 5/5 | Conditions: Drained, Infected

"Ugh, tell me about it. It's a minor miracle they even let people without red shirts and thick necks aboard their precious starships, really. I'm not even all that interested in a command position, but it's still- Oh. That's interesting. Have a look at this."

With the GST recalibrated and a sample of my blood in place it's possible to see the difference between my cells and the infection.

"Look at that, the parasite or whatever it is is bio-mechanical, like that trans-dimensional species that the Voyager mission contacted. Which means-"

She finishes my sentence for me: "-we can't try and cure it with conventional treatments. But-"

I take over again: "-if we add a radioactive marker, and have someone with steady hands in transporter control-"

We finish talking at the same time: "We can just beam it right out of my body."

She's getting more enthusiastic than frightened now, and jumps straight to the traditional slightly tortured analogy "Like using a magnet to find a needle in a haystack!"

We grin at each other like idiots and take a moment to laugh at how stupid we sound, especially since I'm sitting here in my underpants. Which is still kind of bothering, me to be honest. Olga doesn't seem to mind so much, though.

Turn on Olga: 2d6+2 10, gain a string on Olga, marking XP for hot, leveling.

I get my game face back on and try to remind her that this needs to be done fast.

"Seriously though, you need to hit me up with some nano-targeted barium injections like now."

Gaze into the abyss: 2d6+1 12

The visions are lucid and detailed, the visions cure me, removing Infected.

"Hello, Transporter Control? This is Cadet Kirk, I'm in Medbay. I need you to try and target something on the cellular level, we've marked it with a barium dye so locking on should be easy. Make sure you only target the marked material, and...have a container to put it in. With a strong lid."

I don't tell them the target is inside me. Don't want them to be nervous.

Taking +1 Hot for my advance :getin:

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 11, 2015

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

"Are you insane? You can't just--" it's no use, Alois ditches us, and I realize that he's my anonymous buddy. I flirted with him so hard that he'd pass up ogling the two of us on the way to medical, and take the first chance he has to ditch us--ignoring my warning about an outbreak--just to make sure he doesn't miss me at his room.

Well... he should've taken a better look! There's no chance I'm going to meet him now, having seen what an idiot and lovely cadet he is. I can do better. I'll make something happen when I'm out with Jane! Non-anonymous meeting. We'll tell some stories, pick us up some boys, and kick Princess Toadstool out of the quarters for once... I just need to save my reputation in the meantime! The all clear means the replicator choke is over, so I rush West over to the nearest alcove with one, set the bag of guts on the ground for a second, never taking my eyes off of my prisoner, quickly type up an order for a pair of mini-dress uniforms, and toss one to her and pull the other over my head with seconds to spare. Out in the hall, I see that people stopped to check out the holes in the floor where the old samples melted through. Looks like that bought us time... time we shouldn't have needed if Alois hadn't left us high and dry! I snort to West, "That rear end in a top hat could have at least done that for us! Chivalry's dead..."

Then I order up a secure shipping container for the guts, drop them inside, seal it, and push kick it over to her, "Now carry that for me and I'll escort you to medical with the phaser hidden, so we don't freak anyone out. Deal?"

HS: 2d6+1 7
If West fucks with me I'll spend strings.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gene Solomon, the Djinni

"Welcome back, Victor," I say with my head to one side, and a slight smile. I'm not sure if it's relief that Victor is definitely okay...or satisfaction that my nanites are working well. Maybe both. "There was a bit of a thing...but everyone's fine. Alois is taking Marcia and Jane back to the medbay, and the alien's...gone." I don't think Angela wants me to tell people that, well...the same way I wouldn't want anyone telling about me, really. "I guess they're sounding the all clear, then! Proof enough that the alien's done and dusted! Come on, let's get you to...whereever you need to go when they sound the all clear."

He looks at his own uniform, and I realize that I forgot to clean that when I stitched him up. Crud! "Uh, well, I guess we should get you a fresh uniform, first! I, uh...well, you know how it is, sometimes you tear open your coverall and you think you broke something important but you really just bruised something or other? I guess this was one of those times! Lucky you, proving the security stereotype wrong and all, heh." That's not something I shouldn't bring up to someone in a red uniform, should I? "Uh...yeah, where's the nearest replicator on this deck, I think it's...this way?" This part of the ship's not really my area, but I'm pretty sure there's one in that direction. "Well, let's get you up."

I hold his chest and shoulder where it happens to be torn and showing his skin underneath. My hands still have some residual heat in them from the nanites doing their business. I hope he doesn't think something's...off.

Did we ever get second highlights? I'm not sure. Anyway, Gene's going to innocently turn Victor on again! Aren't you lucky, Victor!
[00:23:20] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+1
[00:23:21] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 8+1 = 9

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Gene, he sucks in a breath through his teeth and looks you in the eye as you touch his chest. He doesn't move for a moment before chuckling to himself, saying, "Well, at least I took one for the team. Still, sounds like they've got everything in hand without my help." You pull him up, but his legs give out on the way up and ends up against you on the bulkhead. He looks down at you, and without warning moves in to kiss you. What do you do?

Whoops, I thought it, but I didn't actually type it in. I wanted to give you cold, so you could use your newly grown spine to shut some people down.

J.T., a very sharp tingling sensation lights up your now closed wound. It stops just short of being painful. A moment later, it goes away. You get an urgent call from the transporter room. It's Nguyen, saying that whatever they teleported is in a secure container, but it sure looks mad. It's slamming up against all the walls. ...And now it looks like it's dying. She ends the call saying, "Sorry if that was some project of yours."

Having just experienced it yourself, you're not sure that it would be a good idea to try that on Anglea. After all, you'd only been infected for a few minutes, and it really stung. If you tried it with Angela, she'd be in agony. And that'd probably just make the transformation happen, which would play havoc with the transporter lock. Best case scenario? You pull the whole monster down to the transporter room. Worst case... you'd bisect her. Ouch.

Still! Olga's really loosened up. After all, she injected you herself. She's all smiles now, until she remembers how she was just acting. She flushes, and her face falls as she mumbles an apology while staring at her shoes. What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

J.T. Kirk, the Mortal
Hot 3, Cold -1, Volatile-1, Dark 1
Harm 2/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: Drained

I really don't feel like I need an apology here, I probably would have freaked out as well and frankly I dodged a heck of a photon torpedo there. I playfully push her chin up so I can talk to her face.

"Aww, don't worry about it. It was pretty scary and weird. But you kept your poo poo together and helped save my life! Or, well, stopped me turning into a space monster, right? I kind of already have a date for lunch, but maybe we can get a drink or something when you get off shift?"

I'd lock the door and start making out with her right now if I wasn't pretty sure that I'm not going to be the last patient she needs to look after today. Instead I settle for giving her a quick hug and retreating to the comfort of the bed. I feel like I could pass out right now, but I'd rather push through for a moment.

"Um...now that the lockdown's over, can you run to a replicator and whip me up a gown? I think I can probably make it back to my quarters to sleep the rest of it off, but I'd rather not do it naked."

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+3 10

She'll do it, her motivation is 'Helping out my cute patient/maybe date'.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gene Solomon, the Djinni

I nod and chuckle a bit at Victor's sang-froid. "I'd say you're pretty...uh, taking this pretty well!" Why did I fumble over that word? "But, uh, you ready to go, Victor?" I try to lift him but his legs give way...no. No, he didn't fall from weakness. He fell because he...he wants to kiss me. Right here against the bulkhead, with no one but us to see. And I purse my lips to kiss him back. And then...

We're really all the same, deep down. We want to love one another, take care of one another, show each other our kindness, our love. All conflict, all war, is just noise to that one universal desire.

We want to make each other happy. That is the truth of the universe.

I wish moments like these were more common in the galaxy.

And if I could make selfish wishes...

...I'd wish this moment could stretch out forever...

Aaaaand fade to black. This is actually the first time I've done a special move in a MH game, amazingly.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"What the-!" No, don't murder him Angela, this isn't the time. "I can't loving believe him! Where did his loving 'I'm too busy holding a taser to the totally still a monster Angela to call for backup or medical support' attitude go that he thinks he can loving rush off back to his room to jerk off now that the all clear's been sounded?! WHY HAS THE ALL CLEAR BEEN SOUNDED?!!?" I rant to Blaine as the two of us hurriedly dress ourselves, nod in agreement with her plan, then pick up the container and head off with her again towards the medbay, doing my best to avoid touching anyone in the hall as we pass. "Deal. . . I'm going to have that git on midnight patrol every night for the rest of the voyage..."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Gene, later, Victor's still got his head on your chest running his fingers up and down your arm. He stops and sighs with regret as he forces himself to say, "I... should probably be getting back. Technically, I'm on shift." He grins at you, adding, "Thanks for the first aid, though. Maybe we could get some drinks later tonight, and you could do another checkup?"

He gets his things together, and with a last kiss on your forehead, he leaves you to collect yourself.

Well, that was an unexpectedly happy ending, huh? Still, weren't he and Angela kind of rumored to be a thing? Do you think you screwed that up, or what?

Oh, you also notice your tricorder is gone. Victor must have picked it up by mistake! He's long gone by now, though. What do you do?
Take your string on Victor, who was sufficiently grateful!

J.T., she nods and smiles as you suggest going out for drinks that evening. And when you mention the gown, her gaze drifts south, and she finally realizes that you're not really a patient anymore. Her honed sense of clinical detachment crumbles, and she flushes as another cadet is just standing in front of her in her underwear. She turns a sudden about face and nods to the wall. You can see the flush rising on her neck as she retreats out the door. Unfortunately, the door soon opens, and it's neither Marcia and Angela or Olga. Who comes in looking for medical treatment while she's gone? What happened to badly injure them? What do you do?

Marcia, the crowd passes the two of you without incident, thankfully. While you're on your way back to the medbay, you get a notification from your no longer anon buddy.
Super sorry. Gotta cancel our meetup. I know it's important to you, and I know the all clear just sounded.
But I still have some emergency security stuff to do.
I'l let you know when I'm free. Hope to meet you soon.

What do you do?
Narrator loses a string.

Angela, the one good thing about letting the Alien out is that you can sort of differentiate your thoughts from the Alien's now. And it's got the oddest feeling that you're prey now. After all, Marcia's got a hidden phaser aimed right at your back. And there's something else too. You can't understand the Alien enough to make sense of it, though.

While the two of you are walking back, Gar'ka joins you in the hall. She offers to help with the crate and then says, "Did either of you see what was stalking the halls? I was looking forward to a good fight. Something that would get my blood pumping, but apparently it's already been destroyed." She spits *feh* and keeps going, "Ah well. At least we should be having an away mission tomorrow. Maybe we'll actually get to do something then, eh?" First off, what's interesting about the mission tomorrow? Also, at this rate, she's going to join you in the Medbay. What do you do?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Harm: 0, Experience: 1, Conditions: drained, Lives: 1/2, DPStrings: 2

I swipe left and turn off priority notifications from him. No longer anon, and no longer buddy. Speaking of fake-friends, why the hell was West acting like everything was all cool now that she wasn't a literal phallus monster? Like she was still part of the crew again, with any authority or clout to punish Alois. Like she hadn't just tried to kill me and--I shiver--infest Jane.

Gar'ka arrives to delay my return to medbay, with the samples, and I already took enough time stopping at the replicator. I imagine Jane transforming and Olga having to fight her with West's phaser... it's enough to quicken my pace, and my pulse. When the medbay door's in sight I make my move. I fake a stumble then pull the klingon aside and lower my voice so only she can hear.

"Funny you should say that, Gar'ka. I did see it, and I did fight it. Part of what remains is rapidly decomposing inside this crate, part is swimming around in my friend on the other side of that door, and the last part is pretending to be West, on the way to the brig." I flash her the phaser I have pointed at her. "I know you're off-duty, but if you could escort it the rest of the way for me so I can deliver these samples to medical, I'd be much obliged." I then move my other hand, that was clutching my side where I was impaled, revealing the blood oozing through the wound into the red fabric. Any other cadet might doubt me, suspect that it could be a trick, red on red, but klingons have a powerful olfactory sense, and she's close enough to smell that I really am bleeding. Maybe also that I'm scared behind the glibness. That I too-fast-talk another incentive probably removes any doubt, "I know it's not quite the fight you wanted, but I can always mod the creature into the holodeck. You can try to beat my high score." That desperate, pleading grin.

Without the Narrator, I have no idea if any of this is sticking. I feel like it's just as likely that she'll throw me in the brig. Or that she's one of them, and she and West are going to shove my face in the container until I am too. God, what if it was just me left? What if Paul had been the only other holdout?

manip gar'ka: 2d6 9

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gene Solomon, the Djinni

I can wish that it'll last forever, but of course it won't. Victor gets up and I follow him, sliding the top of my uniform back down. I smile and nod in agreement when he suggests drinks and a "check-up" later, and wave goodbye as he leaves. I wish...

...hmm? I brush my hand against my belt and realize something. "Hey, Victor, wai--" But he's already gone. And my tricorder must have fallen into his uniform when we...uh...did...that thing...

But you know? Victor's not like Alfred. I like him. I trust him. And not just because we just did...that. He's kind, he's...gentle. I think Angela knows that, but Victor didn't seem to mind. Maybe we can share?

Victor can keep the tricorder, but in exchange I get a string on him!

The Spine of the ship is empty now. Nothing here but echoes and memories. I dust off my uniform, take a deep breath, smile dreamily, and--

--oh, yes. Angela and Jane had to go to the medbay. I should...go and check on them. See if there's anything I can do to help. Even if I am still distracted by Victor.

Failure of a poster or Gene still hungover from his first time? Your call! Also there's nobody here so it's time to meet some people to bounce off of.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Aww, drat, Gar'ka. You wouldn't really have been my first choice to see here, rather not having cool people knowing I'm infected with some weird alien thing. Still, could be worse, out of all the security cadets, I think she's probably the one who'd judge the least. Having violent urges or whatever is pretty normal for her. "Probably not me, I'll be stuck in quarantine for a few days at least I expect." I give her an apologetic shrug, missing the mission is going to suck, we were supposed to do a hostile planet landing, with an actual, hostile, planet this time. We're talking danger level 4 here. Its all been surveyed already by a federation ship, not like the one where I got bit, so its a known danger, but I was looking forward to that. We had some pre-planned extraction objective too that we were going to blast our way to. drat.

Right when we got the medical though, Blaine starts staggering and whispering to Gar'ka, and I can only take standing around for so long, about fifteen seconds, then I push past her and palm open the medical door. "Thanks for the escort Blaine, but I'm sure a trained security personnel like Gar'ka can take over from here. You should get those samples and your wounds checked over, you look dead on your feet."

Shut down Marcia
12:26:10 AM godfish !r 2d6-1
12:26:11 AM Krysmbot godfish, 9-1 = 8
MORE CONDITIONS, I'll give Blaine the condition In Over her Head

Stepping into the medical bay, I glance around and start calling out orders, "Ogla, I need a disinfectant spray and then a full quarantine and complete medical scan, Blaine needs treatment, a scan and some rest, Gar'ka, take my phaser from Blaine and make sure I don't try killing anyone or something, Kirk, sorry about that earlier," I flash Kirk an apologetic smile as I strip down heading towards one of the decontamination booths, "I know you're tired and I've already put you through hell, but can you call in some adults, head of security, medical and acting captain should do it? For me?"

Turn on Kirk
12:35:24 AM godfish !r 2d6+1
12:35:26 AM Krysmbot godfish, 5+1 = 6
tagging Drained to make that a 7

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Harm: 0, Experience: 1, Conditions: drained, in over head, Lives: 1/2, DPStrings: 2

I think there's time to set up the exchange of "West," since the door won't open for anyone without a Communicator on, and I still have hers, but then she tries to get violent with me and get to Jane again! There's no way I'm letting that happen. I fire the phaser at her through its uniform veil then get rush past her to block the door, snarking over my shoulder at her grounded body. "Your welcome."

Before I open the door I take the samples back from Gar'ka, and give her a shrug and a wince, "Sorry it's more to carry."

If I need to back up the fictional reason she can't get into medical with a mechanical one, I'll spend a string. She'd need to HS to get through the door, probably to steal a new Communicator or something.
Lash out at blamed west: 2d6+2 9
She loses a string on me. I give her back Stunned.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

J.T. Kirk, the Mortal
Harm 2/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: Drained

I'm temporarily alone in the medbay giving me the opportunity to kick back and relax, surreptitiously poke through some personnel files that have been carelessly left open, that sort of thing. Nothing saucy, it's just a litany of workplace accidents and prescriptions for allergy medication. I barely have time to get comfortable when Roger Chapel barges in without so much as knocking. I squeak and hide behind some scanning equipment in order to preserve what's left of my dignity today (not loving much, lets be honest here) but it's pretty clear from his pale skin, strained expression, and the way he's holding his severed left hand in his right hand that this is a medical emergency. And of course all the medical staff are out doing something else. I get him to lie on on of the beds that hasn't been smeared in alien slime today, and try to decide what to do for him...I can't reattach his hand, but I can stick him with a painkiller hypo and put his hand in the medical freezer to preserve it (making sure it's wrapped to prevent frostbite).

"What the hell happened, Tractor? This looks like a plasma burn - cauterized the wound nicely and everything."

He explains that yeah, he was working on a power conduit that was supposed to be shut down, something leading to one of the phaser banks, when it restarted without warning and neatly lopped his hand off at the wrist. A second or two earlier it would have been his head. He's in shock so I throw a thermal blanket over him and use his com-badge to call for help. No response but static. Then someone fires a phaser out in the hallway and -

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 3

Gaining XP for rolling cold

I make a noise like a terrified tribble and hit the quarantine alarm.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 18, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Harm 2/4 | Experience 5/5 | Conditions: Moral Coward, Blamed, Stunned

Oh drat, the door won't open for me without a communicator, what the hell is taking Maria so long with hers? I have a security override code though, what was it, drat... 9-3-8-b-1-p-.... dammit whats the last number?! Its on the tip of my mind, but I can feel Blaine behind me, her phaser pointed at me, waiting and eager to fire. No, she's sensible, she isn't doing that! That's the alien talking. Trying to convince me I'm acting like prey. But it might be right this time, Blaine really is out of her depth here, she's Operations, not security! She's already attacked me once, I gotta get myself to the medbay before she has a chance to completely lose it and try to finish the job! j that was it!

hold steady vs blaine to get into the medbay
9:12:15 PM godfish !r 2d6-1
9:12:15 PM Krysmbot godfish, 7-1 = 6
tagging in over her head to make that a 7, staying calm and remembering the number

I pound the last letter in and the door slides open, just in time for the phaser blast to hit me from behind, and I collapse to the floor, twitching slightly. I. She. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! I can't move, but I can still move my mouth, must have been from where the phaser blast hit me, or some increased resistance due to being a badass. "So. Just out of curiosity. Did you have a REASON for shooting me for trying to quarantine myself, as is the standard procedure for an outside infection? Or did you just want to finish the job you tried to start earlier?"

"Gar'ka, as the only trained security personal besides me, do you think you could relieve Blaine of my phaser and maybe take over guarding me as a non-trigger happy psycho?"

manipulate gar'ka to disarm the obviously nuts blaine and take over guarding Angela, marking exp for hot
9:35:10 PM godfish !r 2d6+1
9:35:10 PM Krysmbot godfish, 8+1 = 9

GodFish fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 18, 2015

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Harm: 0, Experience: 2, Conditions: drained, in over head, Lives: 1/2, DPStrings: 2

While West spits verbal acid at me, I see Jane cowering inside a quarantine containment field and... I snap.

"A reason? Try to remember the last time I let you push me around. An alien burst out of your skin, tried to kill me, moved on because I counted on another Security cadet to stop it, then what? Infested Jane, injured another Cadet... and that's just what I saw! Tell me, when a good time for someone to stop you from running amok?"

Then it hits me. I'm wasting my breath trying to talk to West. She's not an idiot, or a liar, she's just not in control, even when she thinks she is. To put it bluntly, she's like a perverted version of me, when the Narrator gets really demanding, except completely evil and rapacious. I visualize a word that I've etched into my mind worrying about : compromised.

Regulation 121 (Section A) posted:

The chief medical officer has the power to relieve an officer or crewman of his or her duties (including one of superior rank) if, in the CMO's professional judgment, the individual is medically unfit, compromised by an alien intelligence. [...]
I realize that I'm the only one in any position to know West's--no, the Xeno's secret. And if I want cooperation, I need to talk to it. So that's what I try to do. I pull West up to eye level by the collar, exposing her belly, and stare beyond her eyes.

"Forget West, I'm talking to you now, with the barbed tail, carapace, and acid blood. If you think you can use her to convince us she's just a little sick, into putting you in quarantine, right next to vulnerable patients, medics and researchers, you're dreaming. I--this crew--we know she's too far gone for that. That she's compromised. So I'm telling you, there's one place you're going: the brig. Alone, under guard, and behind a lethal containment field. You had the survival instinct to run before, show me you're also advanced enough to know when to surrender, instead of spiting us into killing you, and your host. Just like I told her a second ago: I'm done hesitating."

Gaze into the Abyss of Blamed Xeno/West: 2d6+2 5
Welp.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 18, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Marcia,, for a moment, you think you spot something moving underneath West's skin. Then, you feel a sharp pain on the back of your head as Gar'ka smacks you to the ground. Once there, she plants a foot on your shoulder and rips the phaser out of your hand. She takes a few steps back and keeps it pointed between you and Angela. She says, "I don't know what you're on about, but you can't just go around shooting other people. At least, not without orders or some kind of pressing danger."
Take a harm.
This isn't right. Normally you're more persuasive than this. Getting a singleminded person like Gar'ka to do what you wanted should have been easy.

You can feel the Narrator's gaze on you. She's just... watching, impatiently waiting for you to get something done. What do you do?

Angela,, you're numb from the neckdown, but you think you think you're getting a little bit of feeling back. It's like everything is asleep, though.

Gar'ka looks back at you, saying, "Now, do you want to explain what she's raving about? Were you really the "intruder?"" You don't think she'll take it well if you are. She really does admire you. What do you do?

Gene, as you're hustling back to the medbay, you spot Alois in the hall. His eyes are darting every which way as,and he looks he's trying to sneak around. He's heading in the same direction you. The Medbay. He spots you, though, and tries to shove a phaser in his pocket before you see it. He's all smiles, saying, "Oh, hey Gene. Good to see you!" His smile falters a moment as he asks, "Um, you... feeling ok?"

He's keeping his hand in the pocket. What do you do?

J.T., your com badge buzzes, and Olga's voice comes through. She says, "I got pinged when the quarantine field went up. Are you alright?" A little bit of the fear from before creeps into her voice as she asks, "Are you... you?" That's when Chapel moans in pain, and she asks, "Is someone else there? What's going on!?" What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

J.T. Kirk, the Mortal
Harm 2/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Drained

Oh thank god Olga.

"I'm fine, I'm still good, not a problem. Um. Roger is here and he's hurt, but there's also a sort of Mexican stand-off going on with West and Blaine and Gar'ka and they have phasers and I hit the alarm to shut Roger and me in where it's sort of safe. Could you get some officers down here? My commbadge won't patch through to the bridge for some reason."

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+3 6 Spending a string to bump it up to 9. Marking XP for rolling hot.

Alright Jane, stop hiding behind the patient and try to control the situation.

"Yeah, if everyone could refrain from shooting each other for a moment that would be swell. Gar'ka, could you move Cadet West into a decontamination shower please? And then have one yourself. You too, Marcia. We have a scan to check for infection and a way to remove it if we catch it early enough, so once I'm confident no-one's going to pass any contagions along to Roger here I'll run some tests and see if we can set some minds at ease."

I'm still mostly naked and probably the least dangerous person in the room but that doesn't mean I need to knuckle under in the face of all these intimidating personalities. Hopefully while they all get properly clean I can figure out how to disengage the quarantine shield from inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gene Solomon, the Djinni

...wait, didn't Alois go back to our room? Why is he out here? And why is he holding a phaser? Do cadets in security always carry them? And why does he suddenly try to hide it when he looks at me?!

"Uh...hey, Alois," I respond quietly when he talks to me. "It's, uh...nice to see you too." Make up an excuse, Gene! You didn't come this way to stalk Alois, and...that phaser seems to suggest hostile intent. "Uh, yeah, yeah, I'm feeling alright. It's just, you know. Better safe than sorry, right? I should probably get a...well..."

I forgot I'm terrible at lying.

"How about you, Alois? How are you feeling? You need, uh, something from over here after the, uh, incident?" More importantly, why are you trying to hide a phaser?!

Time for the other use of Cold, I guess! I'd call this a stressful situation, since Alois is probably going to phaser someone like Angela or Jane.
[19:35:36] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6
[19:35:37] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 5 = 5

"Does the armory know you have one of their phasers?" Wait, no!

• Locked thread