Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bunting is the most beautiful thing
True. To hell with your defensive setup!
False. My team somehow has power and will feast on your lovely pitching.
BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT
View Results

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
God I hope we never have to play Cal ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Boy was I wrong. Canes up 20-3 with multiple innings left.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I know there's no softball thread but holy poo poo this WCWS game one was intense as Hell. Go gators!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Jesus gently caress TCU and NC State suddenly became a game again

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

:agreed:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
TCU, trailing 8-1 in the bottom of the 8th, manages to plate six UNEARNED runs that inning, another the next, and wins in extras.

Bottom 8th:
Wanhanen reached on a fielding error by 2b (1-2 BKF).
Skoug lined out to lf (1-2 KBS).
Odell reached on a fielding error by 2b (2-2 BKBF); Wanhanen advanced to third.
Brown struck out swinging (0-2 SFS).
Jones walked (3-2 KKBBBB); Odell advanced to second.
Crain singled to shortstop, RBI (2-1 KBB); Jones advanced to second; Odell advanced to third; Wanhanen scored, unearned.
Steinhagen walked, RBI (3-2 BBBKFB); Crain advanced to second; Jones advanced to third; Odell scored, unearned.
DeJuneas to p for Olczak.
Steinhagen advanced to second on a balk; Crain advanced to third on a balk; Jones scored on a balk, unearned.
C. Jones walked (3-2 BBBKKFB).
DeJuneas to lf for Shepard, C..
Orwig to p for DeJuneas.
Fagnan singled to left field, advanced to second on a throwing error by lf, 2 RBI (2-1 BBK); C. Jones advanced to second, advanced to third on the error; Steinhagen scored, unearned; Crain scored, unearned.
Barzilli pinch hit for Wanhanen.
Fagnan advanced to third on a passed ball; C. Jones scored on a passed ball, unearned.
Barzilli walked (3-0 BBBB).
Barzilli stole second.
Skoug lined out to rf (1-2 KSB).

Bottom 9th:
Odell singled through the left side (1-1 KB).
Brown grounded out to 3b, SAC (1-1 FB); Odell advanced to second.
Britt to p for Orwig.
Odell advanced to third on a balk.
Jones struck out swinging, reached first on a passed ball (3-2 KBKBBS); Odell scored on a passed ball, unearned.
Crain flied out to cf to right center (1-1 FB).
Williams pinch hit for Steinhagen.
Jones out at second c to ss, caught stealing.

Bottom 10th:
Williams singled to left field (3-1 BFBB).
Williams advanced to second on a throwing error by p, failed pickoff attempt.
C. Jones walked (3-2 BKBSFBB).
Fagnan out at first p to 2b, SAC (0-1 S); C. Jones advanced to second; Williams advanced to third.
Barzilli singled through the right side, RBI (0-0); C. Jones advanced to third; Williams scored.

Total damage NC State did to itself:
4 errors
2 balks
2 passed balls scoring a run
1 RBI BB

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 2, 2015

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

rebel1608 posted:

Jesus gently caress TCU and NC State suddenly became a game again

Yeah, NC State went full retard or something, good gravy.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
That's pretty high up on the list of NC State fuckups. And friends, that is a long, long list.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Anybody else watching UCLA-Maryland on ESPNU?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

elentar posted:

That's pretty high up on the list of NC State fuckups. And friends, that is a long, long list.

I'll admit to being beyond casual when it comes to baseball fandom, but my god, this was a disaster.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Mons Hubris posted:

I'll admit to being beyond casual when it comes to baseball fandom, but my god, this was a disaster.

Nearly unbelievable.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Nearly unbelievable.

There are two perfect truths in the ACC ; gently caress Duke, and #ncstateshit.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Jubs posted:

Anybody else watching UCLA-Maryland on ESPNU?

No but I did enjoy the dumbass UCLA fan who kept tweeting Vanderbilt baseball that we "have no class" because of the 21-0 game.

:xd: He then compared us to Miami.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

No but I did enjoy the dumbass UCLA fan who kept tweeting Vanderbilt baseball that we "have no class" because of the 21-0 game.

:xd: He then compared us to Miami.

What I tell everyone during a blow out is that there's a fairly straightforward way to stop it, it's called get the other team out.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

vyst posted:

What I tell everyone during a blow out is that there's a fairly straightforward way to stop it, it's called get the other team out.

Well, it was hilarious when he threw a temper tantrum when Maryland celebrated winning the regional.

https://twitter.com/UCLAFAN2727

He mad.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

To be fair, Jim Morris did have us still stealing bases while up 11-0.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cholmondeley posted:

There are two perfect truths in the ACC ; gently caress Duke, and #ncstateshit.

And never underestimate Clemson's ability to poo poo the bed in any pressure situation.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C. Everett Koop posted:

And never underestimate Clemson's ability to poo poo the bed in any pressure situation.

Jack Leggett fired this morning. :aaaaa:

Lots of people in Gainesville think they make a run at O'Sullivan. I'm hoping he put down deep enough roots to stick with us.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
How are Illinois' chances against Vanderbilt? This is the first time I've ever paid attention to college baseball and it's only because it's Illinois' best team in history.

Qwertyiop25
Jan 19, 2011

D is for Dank
It's Hammerin' Hank
Green in his name
And Green in his bank.
So Arkansas gets to host the Super Regional against Mo. State because MoSU plays at the Cardinals AA stadium, who have games scheduled for those days. :negative:

The regional final was the most exciting game I've seen at Hammons Field

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

How are Illinois' chances against Vanderbilt? This is the first time I've ever paid attention to college baseball and it's only because it's Illinois' best team in history.

Vandy is really loving good. Really good.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

LeeMajors posted:

Jack Leggett fired this morning. :aaaaa:

Lots of people in Gainesville think they make a run at O'Sullivan. I'm hoping he put down deep enough roots to stick with us.

Yep, may start paying attention to baseball again! Also been hearing the same about O'Sullivan. He coached here for a long time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

lamentable dustman posted:

Yep, may start paying attention to baseball again! Also been hearing the same about O'Sullivan. He coached here for a long time.

We've got a young, young team loaded with talent, and he's been here a long time as HC. I'm hoping he's developed some affection for us. :ohdear:

Someone on Twitter says that CU has a 'yes' in hand already but they don't know who it is. I'd find it hard to believe KOS had time to interview/negotiate/accept during our run right now.

Maybe they're digging Monte Lee out of CofC--he's done a great job here.

E: Just double-checked. He spent 9years at Clemson, and this is his 8th year as HC at UF. I'm not sure why he's such a foregone conclusion for Clemson fans.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 4, 2015

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Other people on twitter are saying that Leggett guys are too loyal to him to replace him after getting fired, so who the gently caress knows really.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Super Regionals are a go. Miami-VCU on now, and then three much better matchups to follow later today.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

News: gently caress Texas A&M

Views: gently caress Texas A&M

Honestly, the series could go either way this weekend. Both the frogs and aggies have habits of having a defensive collapse in one random inning that destroys the game. TCU was able to miraculously come back from one, but for my heart's sake that shouldn't happen this weekend.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
"If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."
Ugh, as a UVA fan, I hate hate hate UVA's camo uniforms. We're not VT, damnit.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Qwertyiop25 posted:

So Arkansas gets to host the Super Regional against Mo. State because MoSU plays at the Cardinals AA stadium, who have games scheduled for those days. :negative:

The regional final was the most exciting game I've seen at Hammons Field

Baum Stadium, baby :smug: :pipe:

Jon Harris looked unhittable for the first 3 innings for you guys, but my Hogs seem to have figured him out the second time through the order.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, we're hammering that dude now. :stare: He had like a 1.70 ERA coming in.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 5, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I have NEVER seen the Razorback offense look this good. The 2012 and 2013 football teams had trouble putting this many on the board.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UVA came from behind to beat Maryland yesterday; nice altough the bigger victory would be never having to play Maryland again in any sport.

8 games today, the last really packed day of college baseball this year.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

So many great UVA teams crash out before the CWS but this one is junk most of the year, flames out in the ACC tourney, and then is going is cruise in

Probably should wait to post this until after the super but it's just really strange

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Miami's through to the CWS, hope they at least gave VCU a parting gift or something.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

TCU today :stare:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

So many great UVA teams crash out before the CWS but this one is junk most of the year, flames out in the ACC tourney, and then is going is cruise in

Probably should wait to post this until after the super but it's just really strange

I mean, it's ridiculous. The only criticism you could really level at O'Connor is that his teams haven't gotten to Omaha quite as often as the talent on them shouldbut then this rear end of a team comes along and blows away a whole regional's worth of strong California teams plus a very talented Maryland team that would've won the Big Ten in most years. Weird sport. (By the way Terps: thanks for taking out UCLA, signed, everyone else in NCAA.)

Pretty sure the Cavs get trucked at the CWS, but what do I know.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Geaux Tigers! Geaux Cajuns!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
8-0 Vanderbilt. So it's back to not caring about college baseball for the foreseeable future. :smith:

Tygor
Feb 20, 2008

UNTUCKEM. GO BREW CREW WOOOOO
Looking like I should cancel that trip to Omaha unless The Illini come back in a big way tomorrow. Vanderbilt is a terrific team and I'm still salty in a big way that the ONE YEAR we have a great team we draw them in the Supers.

Sigh.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

We've got a young, young team loaded with talent, and he's been here a long time as HC. I'm hoping he's developed some affection for us. :ohdear:

Someone on Twitter says that CU has a 'yes' in hand already but they don't know who it is. I'd find it hard to believe KOS had time to interview/negotiate/accept during our run right now.

Maybe they're digging Monte Lee out of CofC--he's done a great job here.

E: Just double-checked. He spent 9years at Clemson, and this is his 8th year as HC at UF. I'm not sure why he's such a foregone conclusion for Clemson fans.

I hope to god Clemson doesn't hire Lee, because I really want him back at Carolina if/when Holbrook inevitably flames out. It'd suck hard for them to get a guy who used to be on our staff and is a rising star to boot.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

A.o.D. posted:

Geaux Tigers! Geaux Cajuns!

The end of that game was completely loving bonkers. A gimpy leg PH hammering a dinger in the top of the 9th to tie it for ULL, and LSU coming right back in the bottom with a shot to almost the same place.

All of this in driving rain in a packed stadium. Criminy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Please stop interviewing coaches in-game, thanks.

• Locked thread