Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
JERSEYHEARTS
Season 1: Trenton Makes (Out)

The Cast

Ainsley Keel, The Sasquatch (Lurks with Wolves)
Emi Fukumi, the Ghost (Just Bree)
Shahnaz al-Fara'in, the Serpentine (Saberwulf)
Augustine "Tin" Muir, the Neighbor (Transient People)
Jessica Keene, the Mortal (Rauri)
Kai, the Merman (Cocks Cable)

String Sheet

OOC Thread

It's been an Indian Summer for Trenton, New Jersey. Blue skies, calm winds and a smoky atmosphere have been a halmark of September, and as you roll into the first Friday of October, it seems to look to carry on, despite what the forecasts claim.

Shame you're not out there. You're in homeroom instead! It's on the second floor of the Century Building, which is meant for all the sciencey and technology pursuits (aka the nerd zone). You're all settled in, partyway into home period and filling the air with chatter and gossip as students are wont to do.

pre:
				[TEACHER: Susana Fayberry]

[Emi Fukumi]		[Mallory MacNeill]		[Jessica Keene]		[Tin Muir] 
[Ainsley Keele]		[Sarah Yates]			[Kai Rayspahn]		[Dakota Rain Wandervogel] 
[Shahnaz al-Fara'in]	[Thomas Crowe]			[Sophia Abelli]		[Alex Diaz] 
[Doug Mitchell]		[Isabella Extebarria]		[Lara Liston]		[Frieda Biermann] 
Thankfully, Mrs. Fayberry is late, as usual. She's got more important things to do, or so she probably thinks. So you've got some time to kill, and problems of your own to solve. There's whispers of a party being planned this evening, as there always is, but this time it's Thomas hosting, and he's promising something special. What could it be?

Emi, Mallory is trying to bug you into joining the anime club again. You've almost had enough of her, but she's not taken the hint in previous encounters. Will you shut her up this time?

Also, it might just be you, but Ainsley is looking a bit uncomfortable. Something's bugging him. What do you do?

Ainsley, the warm weather and poorly ventilated room aren't doing wonders for you. Sarah is glancing over at you, looking nervous - is it the smell, or something you said to her?

Ahead of you, Emi is being barraged by Mallory's fake fun-times persona. What do you do?

Shahnaz, Doug is right behind you. He doesn't like you, and you are almost certain he's going to drop some kind of comment or do something to make you feel like poo poo. What do you do?

What command did your father give you this morning, and why did it put you in a foul mood?

Kai, got anything planned with Jessica soon? Unless some kind of misunderstanding's put things on hold, maybe?

Behind you, Sophia is chatting with Thomas Crowe, trying to weasel info about the party from him, but she's having no luck. He's keeping his cards close to his chest. What do you do?

Jessica, Mallory's bugging Emi again. Is that worrying to you? And, of course, Kai is behind you. How's it been going with him so far?

Next to you, Dakota is giving Tin an earful about something or other. What do you do?

Tin, Dakota's bugging you. Her relationship with Freida is on the rocks, but it's one of those "she said she said" things, with maybe a bit of "Doug Mitchell is a poo poo" thrown in. It sucks, but do you give a poo poo?

Speaking of, you can see Doug, getting ready to take the piss out of Shahnaz again. This is getting ridiculous. What do you do?

Please post your sheets in the first post. Use either the chat with timestamps, or Orokos, for rolls. Keep the strings sheet up to date, and have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Ainsley Keel
Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark +1, Harm 0/4, XP 0->1/5

It's probably something I said. Okay, definitely something I said. I didn't really mean anything when I asked her what shampoo she uses, alright? Sarah's got nice hair and I like my hair but I don't take good enough care of it and I don't like mooching off of Sophia's supplies so I decided to just ask her what she uses. Didn't realize how much of a fool I'd sound like until after I said it, but I said it. Doesn't mean I don't feel mighty awkward about it, and I think Sarah feels the same. Nothing to do now but feel that cold sweat drippin' down the back of my neck and hope she feels like talking about it about as much as I do. Maybe that way I won't die of embarrassment in the middle of homeroom.

Anyway, if Emi wants me to butt in she can ask me to butt in. Until then, her business is her business and she can handle it how she pleases. Sides, I got my own things to worry about right now.

Since I'm sweating in public, rolling for Musk.
[19:36] <Krysmbot> LurksWithWolves, 6+2 = 8
I get a String on someone here (MC's choice), and they give me a Condition. Also, since I rolled Volatile I mark experience.

quote:

Ainsley Keel, The Sasquatch
Awkward, sparkling eyes
Transfer student

Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark +1

Moves:
Musk
You have a distinct smell, unpleasant to some, intriguing to others. When you sweat in the presence of other people, roll with volatile. On a 10 up, the MC gives you a string on someone there and they choose:
-compliment you
-apologize to you
-give themselves to you
On a 7-9, the MC gives you a string on someone there and that character gives you a condition, delivered in the most appropriate way.

Icebreaker
You radiate awkwardness and people don't know how to talk around you. When someone speaks to break a silence or to start a new conversation, you may roll with dark. On a 10 up, choose two of these questions for them to blurt truthful answers to, whether or not you actually ask. On a 7-9, choose one question and during this conversation you both blurt out truthful answers to it.
-Who do you want to make out with?
-What don't you want me to find out?
-What do you intend to do?
-What do you wish I'd do?
-What are you scared of?
-What are you ashamed of?
-Do you like me?

Disappear
When you run away, on a 10 up you may instead choose this result:
-you slip from view and remain there, invisible
On a 7-9, add this option to the list:
-you disappear on the spot, causing wild confusion, and the witness who cares the most about you gets a string on you

Sex Move:
The person you have sex with smells like you afterward, and gains the condition scented. If they face their peers before washing it off, they mark experience

Darkest Self:
Now, right now, it's time to rain stones down upon the bullies and the excluders. It's time to wreck their precious stuff, to shove them back so hard they'll never dream of messing with you or anyone ever, ever again. You escape your Darkest Self when you hurt one of those people more than they've hurt anyone else... and more than you meant to.

Backstory:
You've been a wallflower all your life, but someone's finally noticed you. Give them a String.

Someone makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

quote:

The Merman

Look: Mussed, Damp, Confused Eyes
Origin: Rite of Passage

Hot +0
Cold +1
Volatile -1
Dark +1

Outer Skin
When you wear your shark's tooth necklace you look like a merman. Without it, you can swim like a human, but with it you can breathe underwater and swim like the dickens, and, if you want to, return to The Deep Kingdom. If you do return there, it’s for good, so make a new character.

Their Word
People can steal your necklace, but never destroy it. When someone withholds your necklace and demands that you do something for them before they’ll give it back, add 1 to rolls you make in pursuit of that task. If they don’t return your necklace, take a String on them, and they'll give you another task.

Catch of the Day
Whenever you don’t understand what’s going on or what someone means, and it gets you into trouble or leads you to make unwise choices, mark experience.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, it counts as submerging yourself in water. Since all oceans tell you their secrets, gain a String on someone else they’ve had sex with.

Darkest Self
People have mistreated you and made you an outcast here. It’s time to show them how it feels to be lost at sea, to be apart from the things you have loved, to have parts of your identity stolen from you. So you will flood the Earth. You will destroy what they cherish. And you will take their pelts. You escape your Darkest Self when this place reminds you of home, or when you recognize what you came here for.

iceyman fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 14, 2015

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hot +0 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Homeroom

Jessica? Well, I assume we’re having lunch together as usual. I don’t know. Should we have something else planned? I wish someone would tell me these things. I really could use the advice, any advice actually. It’s not like I know what I’m doing here. I kinda just dove head first into this human relationship thing without knowing how to swim first. And it’s a bit nerve wracking to be honest.

So far we just sort of hang out at school occasionally. I think she said she would call me a few times, but my phone never lit up all glowy and stuff. In fact, it’s not lighting up anymore at all. I push the button and nothing happens. And this big crack on the front of it hasn’t gone away like Alex said it would over time. Sigh. Human technology can be so complicated sometimes. I’m used to things working like magic in Atlantis, because like everything there is magic.

Yeah, so I am partly listening to those two behind me. Once I heard the words “pool party” my interest was suddenly piqued. Anything with water sounds like fun of course. I turn around with goofy smile of glee. “Hey, I want to go to the party. When is it? I will bring many friends!” I interject myself and ask Thomas.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: 1, Cold: -1, Volatile: -1, Dark: 2 Harm 0/4
Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Location: Homeroom

"Why? I mumble under my breath, glancing at Emi and Mallory. I've barely even gotten to school and there's a classmate putting themself in mortal danger. Emi's pretty clearly a ghost, I think I would've noticed it even if I hadn't chanced across her obituary. A type of ghost known to murder people with scissors. Should I talk to Mallory about it? She wouldn't believe me. Ugh. I gotta figure out a way to either ascertain that Emi's a Casper, or a way to inhibit her homicidal tendencies. Maybe even a way to imprison her temporarily, just in case?

Speaking of, I should ask Kai to come over sometime to watch Ghostbusters. I can't believe he's never seen it, it's crazy. I gotta do something, it almost feels like he's drifting away or losing interest or something. We eat lunch together, hang out between classes some, and I've visited him after a few of his swim practices, but... that's about it. Maybe... got it! I'll ask him if he wants to go swimming with me after school today. We'll be in our swimsuits, he apparently enjoys swimming so we'll be doing something he's interested in, and most importantly we'll be totally, deviously alone... Maybe he'll ask me to the party everyone's inelegantly whispering about, too? It could happen, it's not outside the realm of possibility. Neither is a Kappa attack for that matter, but I haven't seen one in ages and I doubt whoever truly runs the school would let them in to gunk up the water.

Mental Note: Ask Kai to go swimming with you after school. Swimsuit is at home though, and perhaps he'll want a tour? Also, look out for Kappas at the pool.

Dakota seems to be bugging Augustine rather a lot, about something or other. It's getting to the point that I'm almost irritated by proxy. While I wanna just talk to Kai (and a smaller but still noteworthy part of me wants to "kindly" ask Dakota to stop whining, she's sweet but she's being a nuisance), what I need to do is help Mallory. Anime Club President, this should't be too hard.

I tap her desk, and when she spins to see what made the noise, also wave slightly. "Morning, Mallory. So, I finished Evangelion. Any other shows like it you'd recommend?" I finished it like three years ago, I just never mentioned it to her because I knew from being around her in scholar's bowl that she's crazy about it. So, she'd want to discuss the show. With me. No thanks. Unfortunately, putting up with anime talk is slightly preferable to her getting herself targeted for a scissory assassination, so I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

Manipulate Mallory: 2d6+1 8
Talk to me and not the murder-ghost.

quote:

Name: Jessica Keene
Skin: The Mortal
Look: Desperate, Darting Eyes
Origin: Kid next door

Hot: 1
Cold: -1
Volatile: -1
Dark: 2

True Love
You always have exactly one lover. The first is chosen during your backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone else instead, give them a String and they become your new lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your lover’s heart or fancy.

Down the Rabbit Hole
When you go poking your nose in affairs not meant for your kind, someone involved in the situation gains a String on you, and you mark experience.

Downward Spiral
When you gaze into the abyss, you may cause yourself 1 harm. If you do, add 2 to your roll.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, trigger their Darkest Self.

Darkest Self
Nobody understands you, or even wants to. They’d rather you disappear. Well, you’re not going to disappear. You’re going to make life a living hell for them. You’ll betray the wicked to the judges, the weak to the executioners. You’ll pit humans and supernaturals against one another, until everyone looks like monsters. Only seeing the pain that you’re causing your lover will let you escape your Darkest Self.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Feb 14, 2015

Just Bree
Feb 6, 2015
笑み 福見 Emi Fukumi
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2; Harm 0/4; Experience 0/5

Ugh. School. There’s just something about it that makes me wish I could die all over again.

I’ve been studiously ignoring Mallory so far, although behind the poker face, I’m gritting my teeth. I don’t want to flat-out shut her down and end up making an enemy of her... but I desperately want her to stop talking. It’s so loud in here. Louder than I can stand.

I put my hands over my ears and hunker down on the desk to block out some of the noise, because it’s making my head pound and my thoughts are swimming. But then I notice Mallory has stopped talking. Confused, I lift my head and find that Jessica has engaged her in conversation.

Did she... do that to help me?

No, can’t be. We don’t even know each other. Why would she take a (metaphorical) bullet for me? I’m guessing she’s just genuinely interested in anime. Whatever, then.

I don’t know how long Jessica will hold Mallory’s attention, but for now, I breathe a tiny sigh of relief.

I glance around behind me, but not at Ainsley. I’m checking to see what Doug’s doing, which I do periodically because his mere presence makes me paranoid. He seems focused on Shahnaz... but that’s still not good. I hope that the teacher shows up soon.

quote:

Emi Fukumi
The Ghost
Look: Meek, with pained eyes
Origin: Left to die

Stats
Hot -1
• Cold 1
Volatile -1
• Dark 2

Conditions: none
Harm: 0/4
Experience: 0/5

Moves:
Unresolved Trauma
Whenever you project the blame and trauma of your death onto your current situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, give two people the blamed condition. On a 7-9, give up to two people the blamed condition, but for each, choose one:
• You gain the delusional condition;
• You cannot speak during this scene;
• You suffer one harm;
• You start re-enacting the scene of your death.
People with the blamed condition: none

Hungry Ghost
You find sustenance in sadness. When others dump their emotional problems on you, roll with dark. On a 10 up, they lose all their conditions, and you choose one:
• Mark experience;
• Carry one forward;
• Gain a String on them.
On a 7-9, they choose one:
• They lose all their conditions;
• They gain a String on you.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you both get to ask a question of one another’s characters. This can be spoken by your character, or simply asked player-to-player. The other person must answer honestly and directly.

Darkest Self
You become invisible. No one can see you, feel you, or hear your voice. You can still affect inanimate objects, but this is your only avenue of communication. You escape your Darkest Self when someone acknowledges your presence, and demonstrates how much they want you around.

Backstory
Jessica knows that you are dead, and how you died. She gains a String on you.

You’ve been inside Tin’s bedroom while he was sleeping. Take a String on him.

Strings
Ainsley — 1
Augustine — 1

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Tin Muir
Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1 | Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5

Have you ever wondered what living an interesting life might be like? To meet strange people, do unusual things and get yourself some interesting stories to tell when you're older. I did, once. Everybody does, I think. I didn't think everything would get turned upside down the way it did, though. All it took was just a few strange days.

It started off normally enough. I got to class, put down my phone on Mrs. Fayberry's desk to record the lecture and fell down on my desk, tired because I'd only gotten two hours' sleep the night before. Instead of closing my eyes and drifting away like normal, though, I started listening. Turns out, people have a lot to say when you open your ears.

I don't really know why Dakota chose to tell me about her problems with Frieda. Maybe it's because she needed to get it off her chest, and I wasn't the kind of guy who would shoo her off. Maybe she thought there was something I could do to help (though asking me for relationship advice is a little like trying to get a blind man's opinion on the colour blue). Whatever the case though, she told me, and that meant her little problem was my problem too. Not that I objected, though. She was pretty worried, which meant she was honest, which is just what I liked to see. The question was what I was supposed to tell her. 'Don't worry, everything will be alright' wouldn't have done it. Throwing out the solution was another wrong call, too. People don't like being honest when something big is on the line. It scares them, and it's human to worry about everything you've got to lose. So I needed to be more creative, and work out an answer that would fit her problem like a glove, right on the spot. No pressure!

If you just guessed I was fresh out of ideas, you guessed right. It's hard to make the wheels spin when the machine's low on fuel. So I did the only thing I could do: look around the classroom, and see if there was anything that might help me buy some time. Most days that wouldn't have helped any, but I did say this was a very special day, didn't I? Over on the other side of the room, Mr. Cardboard Cutout was getting ready to push around a guy who'd done nothing to deserve putting up with him. Poor Doug, really. It must be hard to be so boring. I mean, what sort of person has nothing better to do with their lives than try to make other people hate his guts? It's a crying shame, really. I'd have to go and pull him off Shaz later, but first I had something to say.

"Doug again? What'd he do this time? Try and break you up?"

quote:

Name: Augustine Muir
Look: Boyish, Averted Eyes
Origin: Latchkey Kid
Skin: The Neighbor

Stats

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1

Moves

Two Eyes: When you take your glasses off add 1 to your Hot. You actually need your glasses, so subtract 1 from rolls where sight matters.

Precarious: When someone gives you a gift or another chance, give them a String.

Self-Deprecating: When you talk poo poo about yourself to someone, they choose:

-Argue and give you a String,
-Let it slide and shut you down.

If it's an NPC, MC chooses: they argue and give you a String, or they mock you and the MC makes a hard move.

Sex Move

When you scream out someone's name during sex, gain a String on them.

Darkest Self

You feel... you feel like a monster. What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they'll hand you that Skin or the closest thing to it. It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn't supernatural, but you're gonna take it right to the line. You become that Darkest Self.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 15, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Ainsley, after a moment's pause, you notice Emi turn around and look at you with a weird expression. That's... odd. It's not hostile, but it's not friendly. Not yet, anyway, and only as far as you can tell behind that mask. What's that about?

Emi, Doug just looks like he's lying in wait. He's got that smirk on his face, the one that's a prelude to greater mischief. Then, suddenly, you smell something... stromg, not unpleasant but not a choice perfume either. It's coming from Ainsley, behind you. Has he smelt that way before, near you? What do you do?

Ainsley gains a string on Emi, but Emi can give him a condition.

Kai, Thomas gives you an unhappy look. "Jeez, Kai, tell the whole class, why don'cha?" Then he catches himself. "Don't take that literally. Yeah, it's a pool party. I've booked it at the Madison Community Pool. Bring all your friends, I guess." He doesn't seem too happy about it, though. What do you do?

Jessica, Mallory turns to you (god, the way her head snaps around is freaky) and grins. "Oooh, Evangelion-likes? Well, you could try Shingeki no Kyojin! Same crippling hopelessness, more people being eaten horribly!" Before you can protest, she's already reached into her gaudy Hello Kitty rucksack and handed you the dvd case. "But you gotta tell me what you think after you watch it! I looove seeing new people's reactions to the bit where- oh, you'll see!" What do you do?

Mallory wants Jessica to promise to watch blood 'n' depression-fest Attack on Titan and report back.

Tin, Dakota nods. "He's being awful! Spreading rumors about me and Frieda, writing stuff on the walls of the changing rooms - I know it's him, it's always him! He's making people laugh at us! Frieda keeps telling me not to worry about it, but I can't stand it anymore! I'm gonna hit him if he says anything else!" Sounds heavy. What do you do?

Prompt for Shahnaz when Wulf posts!

Just Bree
Feb 6, 2015
笑み 福見 Emi Fukumi
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2; Harm 0/4; Experience 0/5 → 1/5

I’ve never smelled this particular... fragrance before, or anything quite like it, either. But I’ve heard plenty of people whispering, making fun of Ainsley and calling him “the smelly kid,” “Goatman” and stuff like that. As if being a transfer student wasn’t difficult enough.

I try for a sympathetic smile-with-the-eyes thing. “S-Sort of, um, warm i-in here, huh?” I offer. (Ugh. Pathetic.) “I-I-I mean, y-you know, like... like, w-would it kill—uh, they could s-stand to turn up the A/C. But n-no... ‘course not. ‘It’s October,’” I fake-whined, in a mimic of the teachers’ complaints.

I should’ve just kept my mouth shut. I knew he knew I’d noticed the smell and I was trying to diffuse the awkwardness by acting like it wasn’t a big deal. But now Ainsley looks even more humiliated than before. He’s trying to sink into his seat a little. Sigh.

Ainsley gains the condition “Hot in Here.”

I fumble for a new topic. Anything. “Poor Shahnaz,” is what I end up blurting out, and of course Shahnaz is right behind Ainsley so I don’t doubt I just offended him too. I lower my voice to more of a whisper. “I-I mean, b-b-because—because he—w-well—w-worst seat in the house.” Awkward pause. “Like... being i-in front of... of Doug,” I add weakly. I’m pretty sure Ainsley understood me before, but I might as well dig the hole deeper. Perhaps we can both hide in it. “I hate Doug.” Well, at least he can agree with that.

And I really do hate Doug. I really, really, really do. Something about him... when I flash back to that... that night... their hands on me... the glint of a Swiss army knife in the streetlamp’s flickering light...

Unresolved Trauma: 10
[18:57] <Bree> !r 2d6+2
[18:57] <Krysmbot> Bree, 8+2 = 10

Ice races down my spine and I shudder. I have to squeeze my eyes shut and blink a few times to get rid of the black fog creeping at the edge of my vision.

Doug and Mallory both gain the “Blamed” condition. I mark experience for rolling with Dark.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Tin Muir

Well, now that wasn't very reassuring. When somebody is on a collision course with a third party, there's two things you can do: You can sit down and grab the popcorn, or you can get in the way and try not to get hurt too badly. Or...you can try to take a third option and hope the world's fine with putting up with some wiseguy antics.

"Don't lose your cool. If you throw the first punch, nobody's gonna remember he provoked you. The teaches are going to come down on you like a ton of bricks and everybody else will laugh even harder at you." Of course, that wasn't too persuasive, but there was something else I had to say. "What you need to do is make him come to you. Find something to push his buttons with and get even. Either he'll realize tit for tat isn't that much fun and drop it, or he'll get so mad he'll do something stupid and that'll get him out of your hair for good. Fight smarter, not harder, right?" There's something about a guy with glasses tapping his head that makes it look less silly than it should. For a moment, you almost could have sworn what I was saying had a lick of sense.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 0 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Homeroom

High tide! That was pretty easy. Parties are always a popular thing that people talk about and want to go to, right? And here Thomas just gave me like an open invitation to work with as needed. Everyone will like me when I’m the one who gets to extend that invitation, and everyone who likes me is pretty much my friend. So it’s a win-win can’t lose scenario. “Don’t worry Thomas! This is totally my jam. Of course I won’t invite the whole class. Like no one cares Doug over there and he’s certainly not my friend. Just leave it to me and I’ll fill the waters with only the coolest among us.”

“Speaking of which, Sophia, do you wanna be my friend and come to a hot pool party?” I readily offer. I flash her that dumb goofy but endearing grin that always makes Jessica smile. And there’s a certain excitable twinkle in my eye promising fun times (and possibly more), which, if I hadn’t stressed the word ‘friend’ in the invite (which I so totally did), could have been innocently construed as something more (but it’s definitely not).

Turn Them On: 2d6 8

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Location: Homeroom

Oh hooray, I love volunteering for chores. "Yeah sure Mallory, sounds cool." Grabbing the DVD case from her, I study the cover for a minute like I'm deeply engaged by it, and then stash it in my bag. Wonder how complete the wikipedia articles for it are? Hopefully I'll be able to just skim them, maybe watch any parts that catch my interest, and pass myself off as having finished the series. As I scan the room in order to observe Emi's current state as discretely as possible, I'm pleased to see she's talking to Ainsely and doesn't seem to be immediately irritated by him. Mallory's less likely to bug her now that she's turned away. Crisis averted.

Turning around in my seat in order to chat with Kai, I see that he's talking to someone in the seat behind him too, same as Emi. To Sophia, specifically. About what, I know not. Yet.

So I lean forward, rest an elbow on his desk and prop my chin up with my hand while I watch their conversation, all the while trying to not look too interested. I'm not making any effort to interrupt Kai or get his attention. While I'm sure Sophia can see me, he'd need to turn around. He's my boyfriend, so I'm entitled to know what it is they're talking about. I'm pretty sure I'd like to talk about it with them, too. I'm not jealous, or anything, just curious. Ok maybe a tiny bit jealous, but that's a completely natural response given everything.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 16, 2015

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel
Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark +1, Harm 0/4, XP 1->2/5

"Wouldn't be so bad if they'd just open a window. Maybe get the air circulating a bit in here." I chuckle a bit under my breath as I wipe a bit of sweat from my forehead. Not because anyone said anything funny, mind you. Just didn't want to leave things quiet for that long.

"Yeah, Doug's a real piece of work. Nothing you can do 'bout that." I've huddled forward a bit in my chair now, trying to make this conversation a bit, uh, 'private'."Best you can do is stay back and hope he looks at someone else, and nobody deserves that. You don't, Shahnaz doesn't, nobody."

Since Emi started a conversation with me, rolling for for Icebreaker:
[11:52] <Krysmbot> LurksWithWolves, 7+1 = 8
So, during this conversation we both have to blurt out an honest answer to one question. Right now, I'm going to choose "Do you like me?". (Assuming that that means I need to say if I like Emi, not whether I like myself.)

Also, since this is the first time I rolled Dark this scene, marking experience.

Just Bree
Feb 6, 2015
笑み 福見 Emi Fukumi
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2; Harm 0/4; Experience 1/5

“As long as he doesn’t... I-I don’t care if... what he says, just... don’t t—k-keep his hands to himself, y-you know?”

“I-I like you, though!” I blurt, and feel my face turn bright red. Oh, God, I hope he doesn’t think I meant more than I did. “I-I-I m-mean, you’re—I feel—I feel, um, safe around you, l-like...” My voice is shrinking as I keep babbling. My mouth is moving of its own accord, as if possessed. (That’s an ironic turn of phrase for you.) “Like, um, you... you’d never... hurt me. You’d... protect me. You know. From... from people like... Doug, if he tried to...”

I trail off awkwardly. Because I can’t bear to finish that sentence.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel
Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark +1, Harm 0/4, XP 2/5

Ah hell. This escalated pretty quick. I really want to just leave it at that, maybe smooth things over a bit 'fore I shut up... but I can't. Don't got the heart for it.

"I wouldn't want to meet somebody that wouldn't want to protect a nice girl like you, so I guess you're feelin' right then." I smile at her, maybe make her a bit less worried about all this. I'm worried too, mind you, but maybe smiling'll help me too. And I should probably say more than just that, make this seem less like she's just talking to me.

"You know, never thought a cute girl'd ask me for something when I came up here." Okay, maybe I said a bit too much.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
Shahnaz al-Fara'in
2 Hot, 1 Cold, Volatile -1, Dark -1, Harm 0/4

His task? His task? You wanna know what he told me to do? That rear end in a top hat told me to, somehow, get into another student's wallet and steal their social security card. That dick's testing me again, I know it. What the hell could he possibly want with a teenager's social? I was already having a sucky morning, so this bombshell of esoteric serpentine loyalty bullshit's got me at my limit.

And Doug... I can feel the air slip between his teeth when he takes that breath to say with a snicker in his voice, "Hey, Shahnaz."

There's something about the way he hisses the Z that breaks me. I look good this morning. My hair's straightened and my bangs are hanging at a perfect angel against my brow, and not only is my face clean shaven but that mineral mask last night means it's smooth like cream. Let's give this fucker a taste.

Rolling Hot.
Sexually confuse the bully with my TERRIBLE BEAUTY: 2d6+2 8

I turn around slowly, calculated, luxurious. My waist curves ever so slightly as my body twists and my right shoulder comes up to just below my chin, which I raise like my ancestral queens with eyes golden brown as their skin. I fake that cute confusion I see the other girls do and cock my head just right as I reply, "Yeah, Doug?"

Just Bree
Feb 6, 2015
笑み 福見 Emi Fukumi
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2; Harm 0/4; Experience 1/5 → 2/5

Did he really just say...?

No. Don’t. Don’t act like it’s some big compliment. Don’t fool yourself. If you took the mask off... if he saw how hideous you truly are...

“I have work I should be doing,” I say icily.

Shut Ainsley Down: 11
[17:54] <Bree> !r 2d6+1
[17:54] <Krysmbot> Bree, 10+1 = 11

I choose to have Ainsley lose his String on me. I also mark experience for rolling Cold.

I turn around before he’s had time to register my hostile tone of voice. I don’t want to know if there is hurt on his face. I shouldn’t care if there is.

I’m dead. I’m a dead girl playing at being alive. But I shouldn’t be making friends, or plans for the future, or dating, or anything. Because one of these days, when I’ve done enough cartwheels and handstands for whatever sick powers-that-be are keeping me here, I’ll be gone for good. And then anyone who cared about me... will just be hurt.

I don’t need friends. I don’t want friends.

What I want is peace. Oblivion. It’s what I should want.

... Isn’t it?

Just Bree fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 17, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Ainsley, you catch Sarah seeming to shrink in on herself when you call Emi cute, but then look up in surprise when Emi shuts you down. Also, drat, Emi just shut you down hard. How do you feel about all this?

Emi, that was harsh. But you have other problems. You can see Mrs. Fayberry out the window, at the school gates, talking with a tall man in a suit. It's definitely not her husband - in fact, you don't recognize them at all. What do you do?

Kai, Sophia blushes and laughs. "Sure, Kai, I'll come along. I always wanted to watch a swimmer at work." There's a playfulness to her tone that suggests that "work" is a metaphor for something else. Do you pick up on that? Also, Thomas is grumbling under his breath about "drat swim team." He's just jealous, right?

Sophia gives herself to you, in a manner of speaking.

Jessica, you heard all that, and you're not as oblivious to wordplay as Kai is. Do you want to make a scene now, or wait till later to step in?

Shahnaz, you see Doug recoil, almost. He blinks, his face a mask of surprise. It seems you've finally found a crack in the bully's armor. Interesting. You'll file that one away for later.

You gain a string on Doug.

But then he's back, with the smile that's really a snarl. "I was just gonna ask if you had any friends to go to Thomas' party with. Seems you'll be all on your own, seeing as how, you know, you don't have anyone." He's saying this loud enough for other people to hear, and he's about one wrong word from dropping some nastier insults. What do you do?

Tin, Dakota smiles and opens her mouth to offer you thanks, but is interrupted when Doug's outburst happens. He's picking on Shahnaz again. Are you gonna let it slide?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 1 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Homeroom

Pick up on what? Narrator, are you sure you’ve narrated a story before? Because you’re making all sorts of silly suggestions.

Anyways, I give Thomas a friendly and celebratory slap on the dorsal. See that? We got a bite on the very first cast of the line. He needs to not worry so much when my obviously superior fishing skills are speaking for themselves right before his very eyes. “Beluga bubbles!” I nearly exclaim and my face lights up in glowing self-satisfactory wonderment. I turns out Sophia is a very agreeable fish who’s interested in water sports too. I like her. “Well I am the best swimmer on the team and we ‘work out’ every afternoon after school. You should definitely come by practice today and check us out. You won’t be disappointed.”

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Location: Homeroom

That was rather flagrant and clearly on-purpose - she could see me looking at her the whole time - so I'm not going to just let it go unchallenged. The sad fact is Kai was probably just genuinely being friendly. It's a southern thing I think. But she knew full well what she was doing, and so do I.

"While you're there, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for a swimmer that isn't in a relationship already, Soph." I'm looking past my altogether too-bubbly boyfriend to stare her down, voice tinged with contempt and jealousy. She crossed some lines, so I'm going to too. I pivot slightly in my seat, and face Kai. Now I'm all grins and giggles - it's actually hard for me to look at him and not feel happy. Plus I'm exaggerating my affectatious mannerisms a smidge to make a point.

"~Heya Kai, lunch as usual today, right? Wanted to ask you about our weekend plans - I had some fun ideas.~" I'm laying it on thicker than usual (and more than Kai deserves given his inadvertent role in this little debacle) in order to rub my relationship with Kai in her face. He's dating me, and that's that. Go try and steal someone else's boyfriend.

Shut down Sophia: 2d6-1 10
Gaining a string on Sophia since she has none on me.

EDIT: Forgot to say, marking XP for cold.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 18, 2015

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

Yeah, definitely said too much. Can't say I didn't expect that. Also can't say that it doesn't sting, though. I'll be fine, though. Just need to keep my mind off of it. Find something to do besides stare at the back of Emi's head. Maybe I'll just watch the clock instead, see how late Mrs Fayberry's being... Aw heck, Sarah's looking at me again. Guess talking to her again's better than not talking to Emi.

"So, uh, I guess you heard all of that." I'm trying to not look her in the eye when I say that, but I guess it's still pretty obvious who I'm talking to. I hope it's obvious.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I’m a bit startled by Jessica’s sudden interjection. Sometimes I forget that she’s sitting right there in front of me. She seems to be in a bubbly mood and this couldn’t be more perfect timing, because, before I forget, I of course need to invite her to this high tide party in the works. “Yeah, I’m always down for lunch. I even brought you a special treat today. Just help remind me, okay?” My accompanying smirk betrays a pleasant and eager playfulness to my aforementioned surprise. She’s going to “totes” like this, I’m sure of it.

But onto other matters, I kinda cruise a bit roughshod over her mention of the future plans, because whatever she had in mind, this is way more important and cool. “Hey, so about the weekend...how would you like to go to a party? Thomas and I are brewing up something abyssal deep. It’s going to be a big splash. Anyone who’s a big fish in this school is going to be there, or will once I’m done inviting them all. And look, we got Sophia going too!” I look to her with big expectant eyes awaiting her obligatory consent.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

He brought me a treat? That’s sweet of him. “Aww, thanks! I’ll be sure to remind you.” He looks awfully pleased about the prospect of giving whatever it is to me, which bodes well. He wouldn’t look so excited if he wasn’t sure I’d like it. I Guess having an overly nice boyfriend is a good problem to have.

And then he invites me to the party that everyone’s been so eager to whisper about all morning. Even if I didn’t want to go (which I do, quite a bit in fact) I’d still go with him no matter what, ‘cuz apparently that’s what he invited Sophia to earlier. In fact, that’s probably what kicked off her being flirty with him.

“Yeah, sure!” I agree quickly, smile having crept into a full-blown grin. We haven’t been to a party as a couple before; I think some of our classmates don’t actually have any idea we’re together. Well, this should be both tons of fun and will remedy that little misunderstanding for everyone. Aww, he’s gotten me a present and invited me along to something. Maybe I should just ask him about my idea now, so he doesn’t feel he’s the only one in this relationship thinking of the other one?

“And speaking of fun! Uhh… I had an idea. After you guys finish your swim practice today, would you like to stick around for a bit?” I lean in a bit closer and quiet down some, making it obvious to everyone around that I’m saying something they’d probably want to hear. But they don’t get to, because this next part is just for Kai.

”So that we can go swimming together? Just the two of us. I'll be wearing my bikini...”

Turn On Kai: 2d6+2 6 + 1 = 7
+1 forward from true love and spending a string on Kai to get the result up to 7.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Jessica and Kai, Sophia fumes in the background. Are you worried about her?

Ainsley,, Sarah smiles. "Um, yeah... She's cold, isn't she? I always wondered what her deal was... Sorry you got rejected..." Unfortunately, Emi can hear what she just said. How do you react?

Just Bree
Feb 6, 2015
笑み 福見 Emi Fukumi
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2; Harm 0/4; Experience 2/5

I frown, studying the distant figures. The man acts... suspicious. He constantly shifts from foot to foot, adjusts his jacket, checks his watch, or glances anxiously in every direction. Fayberry appears thoroughly unimpressed, impatient. Her nose is wrinkled as if in disgust.

Sarah’s comment interrupts me. I clench my fists in my lap, but I ignore her. I get some homework out of my bag.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

"Eh, it's my fault anyway. Shoulda shut my mouth earlier than I did. No point getting worked up over it." Alright, I can't say I'm not curious about what Emi's deal is. Y'know, the mask and all that. I ain't going to talk about it when she's right there.

"So, uh... No hard feelings over yesterday?"

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Sophia...who? Sorry, I can’t really think straight at the moment. Jessica, is, suffice it to say, putting all sorts of suggestive steamy notions to sea in my head. Me, her, and the entire rest swim team, together, after practice, swimming around together. I take a nervous gulp. Gosh, I’m parched just thinking about the possibilities! At the risk of looking excitably perturbed, I grow quiet and stare downward at the cold blank nothingness of my desk. Yes, think of the desk. Think of nothing. Wait, I’m probably going to need this bikini thing-a-bob too, right?

Jessica can have a string on Kai.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Tin Muir

And there he went again. You can't leave a troublemaker alone for five minutes without them doing what they do best. Maybe I could rest for a bit after calming him down.

"Dee, mind if we work out the details in a minute? I've got to take care of something." Or maybe not. Did I ever mention I wasn't any good with words while tired? At least it could've been worse. Whatever let me get over there to defuse a bomb before it went off.

"Sorry Doug, the Gestapo called and said the interrogation's over for now. Step back for a second, there's something I need to discuss." It wasn't exactly the smoothest interruption ever, but it was enough. But what was I supposed to say to fill in the dead air? The last thing I wanted to do was give Doug more material to push Shahnaz with. I hadn't gotten a chance to ask him about those clothes I'd seen him wearing...and I wasn't sure I should ask, either. Seemed like something pretty private, not a thing I was supposed to know, and especially not something anybody else should know. So instead of doing that, I went with the first thing that came to mind.

"Hey Shaz, can I get your notes? I want to doublecheck the ones I got for Math class."

...Yeah, I really wasn't any good with words while tired. Great job there, brainiac.

Rolling to Shut Doug Down, and...

<Krysmbot> TransientPeople, 2-1 = 1

...This goes about as well as you might expect. Sorry for taking so long, everyone! I had to deal with a blown monitor, but things are more or less fixed now.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Jessica and Kai, Sophia fumes in the background. Are you worried about her?

You could say that. Kai's too friendly for his own good sometimes, and Sophia is the type that would take advantage of that. So I stop paying attention to my blushing boyfriend (he's adorable, how could I ever be mad at someone that's as happy and nice as him) and give Sophia a grin. I'm not done with her yet.

"Guessing you're not going to be bringing a boyfriend to the party, Soph? Is that why you were gonna try to borrow mine?"

Shut down Sophia: 2d6-1 5

Rauri fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 2, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Unfortunately, Wulf is absent, so Shanaz is an NPC until she returns.

Tin, Shahnaz is about to respond when you feel a hand on your hair, pulling painfully.

"The gently caress did you call me, you little poo poo?" Doug's shout is loud enough to cause the class to turn and watch. He's mad as hell, and he's taller than you, and oh god his grip hurts. You could break free now, but you might not be able to stop him following up on you. You could stay and try and hit back now, or divert him somehow. What do you do?

Emi, you see Faysburry turn away from the man and start walking to class, just as Doug starts poo poo with Tin. What's Tin done for you lately?

Ainsley, Sarah smiles. "No, it's okay. Hey, do you, uh..." Her question is interrupted as Doug busts out of his seat and grabs Tin by the hair. How's Doug upset you recently?

Jessica, if looks could kill, Sophia's glare is a bomb. But when she opens her mouth, you see something for a second. Her teeth are longer, sharper, like a deep-sea creature, and her eyes are glassy black holes into hell. You don't hear her response - it's lost as a gurgle, as if she's choking on her own liquid rage. The teeth cut her lips, threaten to lacerate her face.

Then, suddenly, everything is back to normal. Sophia's still angry, but there's no indication that she was ever that... thing. The people around you have turned to pay attention to Tin having an argument with What do you do?

Kai, Sophia told Jessica something you didn't quite hear, but then you look up and see Jessica's gone pale with... shock? What do you say?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Oh wow! Another one of my classmates is actually a paranormal phenomenon. Some sort of shark person. Are there wereanglerfish? She could be that. Are Kai and I the only normal kids in the entire class?

So on one hand, my morning just got more awesome because I've found another piece of the grand puzzle that is this school. I love finding new supernatural stuff, and this was almost a freebie. On the other hand, this piece of the puzzle has razor teeth and lifeless eyes, black eyes... like a doll's eyes. And she's very cross with me. I should look into obtaining a tazer.

It's kind of hard to focus on Kai again, but we were talking about after school plans and I don't want him to think I'm not interested. After all, he looked really pleased by the idea of us swimming together, which is a great sign! I'll investigate Sophia later.

"So uhhh... Kai, the party you were talking about? When and where is it?"

Fixed exp mistake from earlier, thought I'd rolled hot earlier but that stats not even highlighted on this character so it was just a cavalcade of mistakes on my end.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

“Oh, ummm, like this Friday, I think, at some pool...” I casually dismiss Jessica, for I’m distracted by the stormy undercurrents brewing in the class. Doug’s going at it again, kicking up a storm, and making everyone miserable. I guess I don’t understand the dynamics at play here. Nobody likes him, so why do they put up with his, well, poo poo? He’s like a circling shark. If I just popped him on the nose, he’d probably swim off in search of some easier prey to chew on later. Later being not now and not in this class. And hey, if I stood up to him, then everyone would like respect me, right? And that’s what Tin wanted after all...

I stand up from my desk and glide across the room to interject myself head long into the altercation. “Hey! Leave him alone and shut your blow hole. “ Doug must have twenty...thirty...okay maybe forty pounds on me, but I plant two hands on him and shove away anyways.

Lash Out: 2d6 6

OCC: Yessssss! Gimme some trouble. Added +1 for pelt motivation though it didn't matter.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

"Oh for... I'll be right back." Of course Doug's starting something. Doug's always starting something. He's always insulting someone or picking fights or taking pictures of you just because you told him to stop taking pictures of you. Not that I'm bitter about it or anything. Definitely not just standing up and glaring right at the brawl in the back because I'm tired of his bull.

"Oh come on! You're in the middle of class, for crying out loud! Have some dang standards!"

Going to Shut Down Doug. I know I have a negative Cold, but how bad could it
[09:25] <Krysmbot> LurksWithWolves, 2-1 = 1
Oh.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Wow, Kai's brave, but this is dumb. Doug gives off Patrick Bateman vibes, pretty much the only way to deal with people like that is to avoid them.

Standing up from my seat, I'm torn on what to do. I want to help my boyfriend, but I don't really ever do stuff like that1. Looking around the room, it looks like Ainsely, Tin, and Shanaz at the very least are all mad at Doug too, so I don't need to be that worried. And since Ainsely is very potentially a Goatman, that should be enough by itself.

It would be great to potentially have proof Doug was attacking people, though. That way if he messes with Kai in retaliation for this, I can get him expelled. Flipping my phone out from my coat pocket, I try and record whatever counterattacks Doug decides to dish out.

1: I mean I shoved an alien once, but that's not the same thing.

Just Bree
Feb 6, 2015
笑 福見 Emi Fukumi

Oh, God. Oh, God. I practically bury my face in my homework (which was, by the way, already complete) so that everyone — Doug especially — can see that I absolutely, positively was not involved. I don’t want trouble. I don’t. I want to be left out of this.

I’m fully aware of what’s happening behind me, of course. Kai inserts himself into the situation, and my stomach does a 360-degree flip, or at least it feels like it, and I’m trying not to hyperventilate. I make a sound like a terrified puppy, although I don’t really register it as coming from me; I hear it but don’t realize I made it.

I’m pathetic. It’s a classroom, it’s just some boys shoving each other around, and Fayberry will be here any second. But I’m having flashbacks again of the violence that ended my life but didn’t end me and I’m expecting that at any moment someone is going to pull me from my seat, and it’s completely irrational, but knowing that it’s irrational doesn’t help. Like, at all.

I pray for Fayberry to hurry, although I don’t believe in God, or Jesus, or anything. If He were real, absolutely none of this would even be happening. But I don’t know what else to do. I desperately don’t want to see (or more accurately, hear) Tin get hurt, even if they do leave me alone. Tin’s a pretty nice guy. I don’t like many people, so to say that I like Tin (no, not like that) is saying a lot.

At first I was indifferent, but about a week ago he... did something I didn’t expect. I was in the cafeteria, reading a book, and some bullies — Doug was one of them, but there were a few — came up and just grabbed it out of my hands. They threw the book in the trash and then dumped their gross half-eaten lunches on it. I didn’t want to fish it back out because it was disgusting, so I just... left. I figured I would just scrounge up the cash for a replacement (since it was a library book).

But then the next day Tin walks up to me and hands me a copy of the exact same book and then just walks away without saying anything. I guess it was the one that had been dumped in the trash because it had all of the library’s stickers on it and everything, but it was pristine. No, really, I mean it was cleaner than it had been before the trash can, let alone after. I still don’t understand how he did it, and I especially don’t understand why. I didn’t realize he’d even seen it happen.

But I guess ever since then, I thought differently of him. I didn’t want him to get hurt.

OOC: Kai should mark experience for rolling Volatile, CC.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Kai, Doug stumbles a bit from your blow, and lets Tin go, but all too quickly he recovers and lashes back at you, grabbing you by your hair and slamming your face on a nearby desk. You feel your nose crack and a flare of pain shoots through you. You take 1 harm. He lets go and looks like he's about to follow up. What do you do?

Ainsley, Doug just smashed Kai's face off the desk. Kids are yelling, either in panic or excitement at the fight, and it's becoming chaotic. If you intervene, you might make the scene worse, but Kai might suffer worse if you just sit there. What do you do?

Emi, Tin's free, but now Kai and Doug are fighting! Are you going to get them to stop? What do you do?

Everyone else, the fight's attracting attention and people are focusing on Kai and Doug. If there's anything you wanted to do without attracting attention, now's the time...

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 2 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 1 | Conditions: None | Location: Homeroom

It, well Doug in this case, happens in a big blur leaving me with a single pulsating thought floating through my mind. Owww! That like really hurt. And is that blood? There’s a faint trickle of wetness under my nose which I immediately wipe away in a crimson smear. poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, low Tide! He was like supposed to back down or something, because he’s a dumb shark in this metaphor...but he’s not a shark. He’s a monster. And he’s coming for me again! I’m in the deep end now...

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 3

OCC: poo poo is rolling down hill now. Hooray for problems!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Oh my God, Kai! I nearly drop my phone when Doug slams my boyfriend's face onto the desk - I think I yelled something too, but I'm honestly not sure.

That crunching noise, all the blood... Taking a step or two closer to the fight, I want to grab Kai and take him to the nurse's office right now. But I don't think guys appreciate it when you interrupt their dumb fights, sadly. Even if this was the obvious outcome - Kai's way too nice, and Doug's a huge vicious rear end in a top hat. But all the same, I'm not letting this jerk hurt Kai again.

"Doug! loving quit it, do you want to get expelled?" I'd like to think I sounded really menacing and cool, but it definitely came across more scared and desperate. That's not entirely my fault, anybody would sound like that if they just watched their boyfriend's face get smashed.

Shut down Doug: 2d6-1 3
Doug is clearly blessed with luck powers, here's one more for the pile of poo poo rolls against him.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Tin Muir
Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1 | Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1/5

Sometimes you try to do the right thing and it goes better than you could've hoped. Sometimes you try to do the right thing and it doesn't go so well.

And sometimes, you send everything straight to hell in a handbasket because you didn't think things through. This was one of those times. Everybody disliked Doug so much that when he sneaked up on me, they all ganged up on him. Somebody had to put him in his place, after all. Easier said than done, if Kai's bloody nose was any indication. I couldn't just leave this mess I'd started alone, so I picked up my glasses Doug had knocked off me, put them in a pocket so they wouldn't get cracked, and jumped right back into the fray.

"Hey Doug! You wanna know what I called you?" Maybe all that acting paid off. There's ways to really make your voice ring out and get people's attention, even if they're ready to punch each other's daylights out. "Coward! You're always picking fights with people smaller than you. You really gonna run away from me after getting a sucker punch?"

I wasn't really hoping to beat Doug up, honestly. He was bigger than me and I was pretty sure he'd been in way more fights too. But sometimes you don't need to win. All you've gotta do is make sure someone else loses. All I needed to do was make this look bad enough.

Rolling Hot to get Doug's attention and take the heat off Kai. With the bonus from Two Eyes, that's... <Krysmbot> TransientPeople, 4+3 = 7

...A success! With catches, but hey, you take what you can get when up against Doug's bad luck field. I think he's part black cat or something. What's it gonna take to make him do something that will put him in really hot water?

Transient People fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Bree
Feb 6, 2015
笑 福見 Emi Fukumi

I hear the blood, drip-drop-plop like rain like rain like the rain the day of my death my blood plip-drip on the sidewalk on my hands spilling from my gut from my mouth from the heavens, blood raining, pooling in the gutter filth, drowning me. I am dying, Kai is dying, we are all dying all of us every moment of our lives as the blood drips slips like sand in the hourglass. I cannot hear what is happening because Kai’s blood is loud, deafening me, the cloying scent sickening me. I try not to vomit.

Although it would be difficult over the din, Ainsley can perhaps hear Emi sobbing with terror. Sarah, Jessica, or another who happened to glance at Emi might spot her curled into the fetal position in her seat, knees tucked to her chest.

Gaze into the Abyss: 9
[07:47] <Bree> !r 2d6+2
[07:47] <Krysmbot> Bree, 7+2 = 9

Tell me one of Doug’s weaknesses, most likely information I have on him that can be twisted against him. Since 9 is a marginal success, I choose “the visions are confusing and alarming.”

OOC: Because this post is intentionally written to be confusing, I want to clarify that Emi is probably, although not necessarily, hallucinating.

• Locked thread