Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Ainsley Keel
Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark +1, Harm 0/4, XP 0->1/5

It's probably something I said. Okay, definitely something I said. I didn't really mean anything when I asked her what shampoo she uses, alright? Sarah's got nice hair and I like my hair but I don't take good enough care of it and I don't like mooching off of Sophia's supplies so I decided to just ask her what she uses. Didn't realize how much of a fool I'd sound like until after I said it, but I said it. Doesn't mean I don't feel mighty awkward about it, and I think Sarah feels the same. Nothing to do now but feel that cold sweat drippin' down the back of my neck and hope she feels like talking about it about as much as I do. Maybe that way I won't die of embarrassment in the middle of homeroom.

Anyway, if Emi wants me to butt in she can ask me to butt in. Until then, her business is her business and she can handle it how she pleases. Sides, I got my own things to worry about right now.

Since I'm sweating in public, rolling for Musk.
[19:36] <Krysmbot> LurksWithWolves, 6+2 = 8
I get a String on someone here (MC's choice), and they give me a Condition. Also, since I rolled Volatile I mark experience.

quote:

Ainsley Keel, The Sasquatch
Awkward, sparkling eyes
Transfer student

Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark +1

Moves:
Musk
You have a distinct smell, unpleasant to some, intriguing to others. When you sweat in the presence of other people, roll with volatile. On a 10 up, the MC gives you a string on someone there and they choose:
-compliment you
-apologize to you
-give themselves to you
On a 7-9, the MC gives you a string on someone there and that character gives you a condition, delivered in the most appropriate way.

Icebreaker
You radiate awkwardness and people don't know how to talk around you. When someone speaks to break a silence or to start a new conversation, you may roll with dark. On a 10 up, choose two of these questions for them to blurt truthful answers to, whether or not you actually ask. On a 7-9, choose one question and during this conversation you both blurt out truthful answers to it.
-Who do you want to make out with?
-What don't you want me to find out?
-What do you intend to do?
-What do you wish I'd do?
-What are you scared of?
-What are you ashamed of?
-Do you like me?

Disappear
When you run away, on a 10 up you may instead choose this result:
-you slip from view and remain there, invisible
On a 7-9, add this option to the list:
-you disappear on the spot, causing wild confusion, and the witness who cares the most about you gets a string on you

Sex Move:
The person you have sex with smells like you afterward, and gains the condition scented. If they face their peers before washing it off, they mark experience

Darkest Self:
Now, right now, it's time to rain stones down upon the bullies and the excluders. It's time to wreck their precious stuff, to shove them back so hard they'll never dream of messing with you or anyone ever, ever again. You escape your Darkest Self when you hurt one of those people more than they've hurt anyone else... and more than you meant to.

Backstory:
You've been a wallflower all your life, but someone's finally noticed you. Give them a String.

Someone makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel
Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark +1, Harm 0/4, XP 1->2/5

"Wouldn't be so bad if they'd just open a window. Maybe get the air circulating a bit in here." I chuckle a bit under my breath as I wipe a bit of sweat from my forehead. Not because anyone said anything funny, mind you. Just didn't want to leave things quiet for that long.

"Yeah, Doug's a real piece of work. Nothing you can do 'bout that." I've huddled forward a bit in my chair now, trying to make this conversation a bit, uh, 'private'."Best you can do is stay back and hope he looks at someone else, and nobody deserves that. You don't, Shahnaz doesn't, nobody."

Since Emi started a conversation with me, rolling for for Icebreaker:
[11:52] <Krysmbot> LurksWithWolves, 7+1 = 8
So, during this conversation we both have to blurt out an honest answer to one question. Right now, I'm going to choose "Do you like me?". (Assuming that that means I need to say if I like Emi, not whether I like myself.)

Also, since this is the first time I rolled Dark this scene, marking experience.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel
Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile +2, Dark +1, Harm 0/4, XP 2/5

Ah hell. This escalated pretty quick. I really want to just leave it at that, maybe smooth things over a bit 'fore I shut up... but I can't. Don't got the heart for it.

"I wouldn't want to meet somebody that wouldn't want to protect a nice girl like you, so I guess you're feelin' right then." I smile at her, maybe make her a bit less worried about all this. I'm worried too, mind you, but maybe smiling'll help me too. And I should probably say more than just that, make this seem less like she's just talking to me.

"You know, never thought a cute girl'd ask me for something when I came up here." Okay, maybe I said a bit too much.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

Yeah, definitely said too much. Can't say I didn't expect that. Also can't say that it doesn't sting, though. I'll be fine, though. Just need to keep my mind off of it. Find something to do besides stare at the back of Emi's head. Maybe I'll just watch the clock instead, see how late Mrs Fayberry's being... Aw heck, Sarah's looking at me again. Guess talking to her again's better than not talking to Emi.

"So, uh, I guess you heard all of that." I'm trying to not look her in the eye when I say that, but I guess it's still pretty obvious who I'm talking to. I hope it's obvious.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

"Eh, it's my fault anyway. Shoulda shut my mouth earlier than I did. No point getting worked up over it." Alright, I can't say I'm not curious about what Emi's deal is. Y'know, the mask and all that. I ain't going to talk about it when she's right there.

"So, uh... No hard feelings over yesterday?"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

"Oh for... I'll be right back." Of course Doug's starting something. Doug's always starting something. He's always insulting someone or picking fights or taking pictures of you just because you told him to stop taking pictures of you. Not that I'm bitter about it or anything. Definitely not just standing up and glaring right at the brawl in the back because I'm tired of his bull.

"Oh come on! You're in the middle of class, for crying out loud! Have some dang standards!"

Going to Shut Down Doug. I know I have a negative Cold, but how bad could it
[09:25] <Krysmbot> LurksWithWolves, 2-1 = 1
Oh.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

"Fine! Keep fightin'! See if I care!" It's not that I want to see Georgia Boy get beat up. It's just that Jessica's yelling now and Tin's yelling and there's blood on the desks and I am not getting paid enough to clean up this kind of mess. They want to be a bunch of dang idiots? I say let 'em. Nothing you can do about stupid, after all. I'm just going to go back to my seat and-ah hell, Emi.

"Hey, Emi? You alright?" I reach over to put my hand on her shoulder, hopefully it'll make her feel a bit better. Not grabbing her shoulder, mind. Putting my hand on her shoulder. It's like Grandpa always said. A crying woman's like a wounded dog. You got to take it slow and gentle, or they're going to bite your hand off and you're going to deserve it.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

"Uh, yes ma'am." Would it really hurt Miss Fayberry to act like she's got a sympathetic bone in her body? Can't really help Emi when she's looking at me and waiting for me to do something like that. Sure can stare at the floor and feel like my cheeks are gonna burn off, though. That's something I can do. Why's it got to be so hot in here anyway?

Just making a quick post to show that I'm here, even though I don't want to do too much before Emi reacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Ainsley Keel

Alright, I might have jumped more than I really should of when Emi knocked my hand away. Doesn't mean I'm not going to rub where she smacked me, though.

"Well, uh, you heard her ma'am. She's fine, so we can get started with class now. Right?" She doesn't sound fine, really, but I just want to sit back down and have everyone stop looking at me and let this dang homeroom just end already so I'm not going to push the issue.

• Locked thread