Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

What the hell are you talking about? You think I'm VT who is bored and is therefore claiming scum kills as my own for...I don't know why, just because?

No...?

Gabriel Pope posted:

Bored and lovely vanilla town is a distant possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My point is that there's been no substantiation that you have a nightkill at all, since so far the number of nightkills = number of scumteams. Given that, claiming your kills makes no sense for either scum or town.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Although actually:

Abyssal Squid posted:

Assuming Opopanax is telling the truth, he picked the worst possible vig candidate, because even if Asiina was fakeclaiming scum she'd have been killed immediately by the other scum team anyway. On top of that, there were only two nightkills, which means that one scum team killed fiery_valkyrie and the other:

1) Chose to kill Asiina at the same time as Opopanax.
2) Had their killer get roleblocked.
3) Chose to kill somebody else, who turned out to be protected.
4) Chose not to kill anybody at all. Also, CPig is a jester.
5) Maybe both scum teams targeted Asiina, canceled out, Opopanax's vig went through, and there's also a serial killer who killed fiery_valkyrie for some reason. Also, Byers and Ecco are lovers and death millers.

At best Opopanax isn't paying any attention at all. More likely, he's scum and there were only two kills last night because only scum have nightkills.

##vote Opopanax

EccoRaven posted:

This is all completely and totally true. Thank you for putting it down.

Furthermore, if I were scum I'd have killed Byers, because as I've stated before, when I'm scum I play to win, and I always go for the player attacking me over someone who isn't. This is helped by a community that never wants to guess why players were killed but that's neither here nor there.

Nope sorry but you're oinking up the wrong tree

We know that Byers protected himself N1 and that Ecco is scum. It's quite plausible that Ecco tried to kill Byers with the vampire nightkill, then hid behind the 2nd kill to argue her innocence based on Byers failing to die. This may have been part of Byers's case that he couldn't be arsed to share, since as doctor he would have known that Ecco was blowing smoke here. fiery_valkyrie had ended the day calling for Narc's lynch, so the werewolves probably got f_v. That leaves Asiina wide open for a potential Opop kill.

Scum kills cancel each other out in Fire & Ice, so N2 can be accounted for easily if both scumteams targeted the same person. I would have asked who was such an obvious target that both scumteams would have gone for them, but I answered that a few posts up: Opop, who was persistently claiming vigilante (and the vampires, at this point, would know there was a 3rd kill floating around.) The scum trip over each other and Opop vigs Ecco.

It's not ironclad, but that's the best evidence we have that there is a 3rd kill out there. Which, yes, is likely SK.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I've just decided to ignore Pope from now on.

Meanwhile...

Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (2): Glockenapfel, ShadowGlass
Meinberg (2): ShadowGlass, Abyssal Squid
Rarity (1): Opopanax
Epsilon Plus (1): Gabriel Pope

Not Voting (5): AXE COP, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Good Sir, Meinberg

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 25th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 6 minutes.

5 hours, people

Vote Opop for goodness and freedom.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Rude!

##vote Glockenapfel

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Honestly I'd vote Opopanax because I am 90% sure he's an SK at this point but I'd really prefer to lynch a scum if we can find one, Opop's better as a backup lynch at this point imo

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

Honestly I'd vote Opopanax because I am 90% sure he's an SK at this point but I'd really prefer to lynch a scum if we can find one, Opop's better as a backup lynch at this point imo

That's why I voted Meinberg, other than Opop taking credit for nightkills they've been acting pretty similar.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

On that subject: ##vote ShadowGlass

While I think Gabriel Pope is the scummier of my two scumpicks, they've at least been around and contributing to discussion, while ShadowGlass seems content to lie back and skate by(which, i know is kind of hypocritical coming from me at this point, but). I mean yeah some of that could be timing since the last two days were pretty turbo-y, but aside from his case on Meinberg it feels like he's just standing by and sniping at things which is p scummy!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chic Trombone posted:

On that subject: ##vote ShadowGlass

While I think Gabriel Pope is the scummier of my two scumpicks, they've at least been around and contributing to discussion, while ShadowGlass seems content to lie back and skate by(which, i know is kind of hypocritical coming from me at this point, but). I mean yeah some of that could be timing since the last two days were pretty turbo-y, but aside from his case on Meinberg it feels like he's just standing by and sniping at things which is p scummy!

That, and also this post is really weird:

ShadowGlass posted:

Saying you've killed scum does not make you automatically a friendly whatsoever. It feels like there is this night war going on between the two scum teams and the SK, and we're just watching from the sidelines. I still don't believe you've forgot Asiina's claim. You've seen a town power role and eliminated it. Just because you happened to hit scum since then doesn't mean you'll in the future (you have to kill everyone, right?).
The other thing to consider is that it seems for whatever reason the two scum teams only have one (or zero) kills a night. But you alone have one kill a night too. So hanging the SK would halve the number of night kills and give us a chance for a town win.
I've also noticed that when Sandwolf said we should wait with the hammer because he has information you still voted him. While Meinberg hammered (and we should look at him tomorrow), you put him at -1. Just like with Asiina, you're doing everything to keep us as uninformed as possible.

##vote Opop

Speculating that there are scumteams with no nightkill just to shoehorn your SK theory into a game with only 2 flips per night so far is really, really out there.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah that post was suuper awk, but I could see dumb spec coming from both town and scum so I considered it a null tell

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also, Gabriel Pope, you didn't answer my question: If you had a vig, who would you vig and why?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
So, when the flip came up for the kills last night, I realized that my behavior was fairly suspect. While the Sandwolf hammer is definitely worse (although his behavior with Ecco was enough to make him doubt him), the werewolf thing gave me an idea. I intentionally drew attention to how suspicious I was, to see who would be willing to vote me, seeking out an easy vote rather than one that was particularly well sourced.

And who is the first person to vote for me? Shadowglass.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Meinberg posted:

So, when the flip came up for the kills last night, I realized that my behavior was fairly suspect. While the Sandwolf hammer is definitely worse (although his behavior with Ecco was enough to make him doubt him), the werewolf thing gave me an idea. I intentionally drew attention to how suspicious I was, to see who would be willing to vote me, seeking out an easy vote rather than one that was particularly well sourced.

Getting a stupid newbie to vote for you ain't exactly gonna win you the Mafia Lifetime Achievement Award. We're never gonna send you to 2+2 with play like that.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Oh wait he's new? Hmmmmm. That makes the whole "standing back" thing more understandable. Still think he'd be a decent lynch tho

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Epsilon Plus posted:

Getting a stupid newbie to vote for you ain't exactly gonna win you the Mafia Lifetime Achievement Award. We're never gonna send you to 2+2 with play like that.

I never said my ploy was good. It's just what I had to go with at the time.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

AXE COP also looks pretty sideline-lurkery after a quick read, I don't think he's had a single opinion all game long. Would deffo vote

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

My opinion:

I feel pretty safe in saying both Gabriel and Squid are town right now. Opopanax looks incredibly bad right now, but Gabriel's case on him is pretty crap. Opop can be a disengaged player but he's not the kind to go making up bullshit.

Glockenapfel posted:

I think you're scum too. Looking forward to hearing from Rarity.

Glockenapfel thinks I'm scum, doesn't say why, and then says he wants to hear from Rarity (who thinks I'm scum) - this is a perfect setup into me-tooing. Then:

Glockenapfel posted:

I've just decided to ignore Pope from now on.

Meanwhile...

Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (2): Glockenapfel, ShadowGlass
Meinberg (2): ShadowGlass, Abyssal Squid
Rarity (1): Opopanax
Epsilon Plus (1): Gabriel Pope

Not Voting (5): AXE COP, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Good Sir, Meinberg

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 25th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 6 minutes.

5 hours, people

Vote Opop for goodness and freedom.

he says he's going to just completely ignore someone, tries to get us all amped about a deadline, and is voting Opop for no clear reason while suspecting me... also for no clear reason.

In conclusion: ## vote Glockenapfel for goodness and freedom.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Meinberg posted:

Yeah, how convenient and not at all opportunistic of you to wait until a couple people started talking about how he was suspicious.

Chic Trombone posted:

Also, Gabriel Pope, you didn't answer my question: If you had a vig, who would you vig and why?

Glockenapfel, because I don't have any really solid reads right now and he's being a dick without actually being any more helpful to town than other possible targets. Actually, scratch that, I think I'd go for Opop (assuming we don't lynch him today.) I think pretty much regardless of his alignment we're probably better off with him dead than alive; having him around is casting too much confusion over night actions.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Seriously, I'm voting Opop because he's a bad guy who kills people. And I'd vote you for scummy posts like this one.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Glockenapfel posted:

Seriously, I'm voting Opop because he's a bad guy who kills people. And I'd vote you for scummy posts like this one.

That was in response to EP.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I am feeling somewhat better about Gabriel Pope.

Glockenapfel, who are your top two scum picks, aside from Opop?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also as an aside your avatar gives me the heebie jeebies for no adequately discernible reason, Glock

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Glockenapfel posted:

Can you tell me what's scummy about it, or are you going to just screech that I'm scummy until everyone else gives in?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The way I see it, the possibilities for lynching Opop are:

1) he's an SK, we lynch him and mafia almost certainly win
2) he's a vigilante with no kills left, we lynch him and lose a town vote and mafia probably win unless the SK hits one of them
3) (remote possibility) he's a vigilante who still has a kill in reserve (possible since he lied about it before if he was a vig), we lynch him and lose a town vote + the kill

or

4) we don't lynch him and he's SK, he kills a town and we lose a vote and mafia get a leg up; or he kills a mafia and town get a leg up; or he doesn't kill for some reason and nothing happens
5) we don't lynch him and he's a vig without a kill, we keep a town vote; or he somehow has a kill in reserve and we have a town vote + kill

Basically if we lynch him it's just going to give the mafia an advantage in most scenarios so i'd rather go for a real mafia at this point.

(I am assuming SK doesn't win with the mafia but I might be wrong on the rules there)

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

I am feeling somewhat better about Gabriel Pope.

Glockenapfel, who are your top two scum picks, aside from Opop?

Meinberg, Axecop, and Epsilon. I'd vote any of them if people persist in feeling Opop-huggy.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

WHO ARE YOUR TOP TWO SCUMPICKS, AXE COP

GIVE US AN OPINION FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS GAME PLEASE

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

woah, capslock

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

AXE COP posted:

The way I see it, the possibilities for lynching Opop are:

1) he's an SK, we lynch him and mafia almost certainly win
2) he's a vigilante with no kills left, we lynch him and lose a town vote and mafia probably win unless the SK hits one of them
3) (remote possibility) he's a vigilante who still has a kill in reserve (possible since he lied about it before if he was a vig), we lynch him and lose a town vote + the kill

or

4) we don't lynch him and he's SK, he kills a town and we lose a vote and mafia get a leg up; or he kills a mafia and town get a leg up; or he doesn't kill for some reason and nothing happens
5) we don't lynch him and he's a vig without a kill, we keep a town vote; or he somehow has a kill in reserve and we have a town vote + kill

Basically if we lynch him it's just going to give the mafia an advantage in most scenarios so i'd rather go for a real mafia at this point.

(I am assuming SK doesn't win with the mafia but I might be wrong on the rules there)

You are literally saying there is zero chance that Opop is scum?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

AXE COP posted:

SK typically wins by being the last man standing.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

##vote AXE COP

Don't ignore me :mad:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I'm writing a post!!

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

My opinion:

I feel pretty safe in saying both Gabriel and Squid are town right now. Opopanax looks incredibly bad right now, but Gabriel's case on him is pretty crap. Opop can be a disengaged player but he's not the kind to go making up bullshit.

Glockenapfel thinks I'm scum, doesn't say why, and then says he wants to hear from Rarity (who thinks I'm scum) - this is a perfect setup into me-tooing.

I want to hear from Rarity because the insight she has on you could be valuable. And I don't have a read on Rarity at this time so I'd like to hear more from her. Also, if you are indeed lovers, that's information we should know, don't you think?

quote:

Then:

he says he's going to just completely ignore someone, tries to get us all amped about a deadline, and is voting Opop for no clear reason while suspecting me... also for no clear reason.

In conclusion: ## vote Glockenapfel for goodness and freedom.

I'm ignoring Pope because reading his posts was melting my brain. I already gave my read on him. If you think I'm voting Opop for no clear reason, you haven't been reading my posts.

So either this is an OMGUS vote because you take things too personally, or it's trumped up BS because you're scum and see me as a threat.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I would actually be interested in seeing the Epsilon Plus case summarized because I'm not feeling him as scum and it feels like several people have called him out without anything concrete so idk if I'm missing something or if it's a scum rumble building up to trying to lynch him tomorrow or w/e, and seeing a case would help me clear that up in my head

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hope you guys do kill me so scum win and I can smile smugly at you from the Hall of Valor

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Actually ANY sort of real content would be great, I've been trying to draw it out with my Content Game routine but it feels like I'm pulling teeth atm

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I hope you guys do kill me so scum win and I can smile smugly at you from the Hall of Valor

HEY OPOP, give me your top two scumpicks, go

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Chic Trombone posted:

WHO ARE YOUR TOP TWO SCUMPICKS, AXE COP

GIVE US AN OPINION FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS GAME PLEASE

You, chic trombone! It was you all along!!

Actually this started as a joke but now that I look at your post history you haven't really done much either!

You say fakeclaims aren't a good way to call out scum

Chic Trombone posted:

I don't think "[x] would make a good fakeclaim !!!" is really a good platform to make a case on

then use it to defend Rarity a couple of posts later

Chic Trombone posted:

There's this little thing called a "fakeclaim"

Is this scummy? I don't know but it's interesting!

You then flipflop between bandwagons on Ecco and Byers - first saying you agree with Byers

Chic Trombone posted:

CPig are you playing like this to spite me because I said you were playing better recently?

Also, Ecco's fake docclaim and subsequent trolling is very suspicious, I agree with Byers ##vote Ecco

Then you go to kill Byers while saying "I feel really bad about lynching this doctor guys!!" which didn't actually stop you.

Chic Trombone posted:

Oh for fucks sake if we're gonna lynch the claimed doc (which is a terrible idea imo) let's just get on with it already ##vote Byers

This game day is awful and needs to end

The way I read this is that you're on the team opposite from Ecco (which was werewolves? I forget) so you wanted to either take out a member of the opposite scum squad or to drop a town doctor, either of which would have been advantageous for you. Your posts have been really sparse and low content but i'm not going to use that in any case against you since mine haven't exactly been super content packed either.

Gabriel Pope posted:

You are literally saying there is zero chance that Opop is scum?

I didn't read him as being scum, but my opinion may have been influenced by other people making sk/vig cases on him. I don't really see claiming vigilante as being a scum move anyway since (correct me if i'm wrong) there's not usually multiple vigilantes in the town, and another vig would almost certainly have counterclaimed when Opop did so it's risky.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chic Trombone posted:

I would actually be interested in seeing the Epsilon Plus case summarized because I'm not feeling him as scum and it feels like several people have called him out without anything concrete so idk if I'm missing something or if it's a scum rumble building up to trying to lynch him tomorrow or w/e, and seeing a case would help me clear that up in my head

All I got is votecounts, lots of opportunistic looking votes. He also seems to be trying to buddy up to me at some points which is a bit :raise:, although if that's a scum gambit it's a weird one since I'm not exactly the most popular person in the thread.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Honestly wrt the Byers thing I just wanted the day to end, it was getting super slapfighty and a pain to read through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also people had been unvoting and revoting trying to get the hammer for like an hour at that point and it was really dumb and I just wanted that to stopppp

• Locked thread