Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Reread the set-up this is based on. I strongly, heavily doubt there's a vig.

Apart from Opop's, you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If there's no vig, how did a second person die? Do both scum teams get a kill?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm sure both teams get a kill

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

the original setup says they both do but if they target the same person the kill fails

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm sure both teams get a kill

This makes sense, but why then is Opop claiming to be a vig?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
maybe I blocked one kill on Asiina with my super real protection power and then one of the mafias also decided to kill Asiina too

Or maybe opop doesn't have a vig and is lying

or maybe I'm lying and it's all a weird conspiracy

or

or

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

The original setup is for 13 people. We have 19. I don't know enough about setups to determine whether that would allow for a vig to be added in. Either way, Opop is too experienced to waste a vig, and nightvigs are inherently suspicious.

##vote Opop

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Byers, what do you think of the idea of lynching ANarc based on him not knowing about the boon?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I disagree applebell. it's customary in our community to use vigilante kills as soon as possible (because we are terrible but that's another discussion). He used it poorly - which I can understand and I find very voteable - but right now it doesn't look like him having a vig and using it is in and of itself scummy.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Byers, what do you think of the idea of lynching ANarc based on him not knowing about the boon?

he said it was a dumb reason because the mod intervened. it was at the bottom of the last page.

non-zero chance though he wouldn't support it even then, though, because I voted for it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey byers, if you do me a favor I will do you a favor. I know I was super rude to you earlier buuuuut doesn't the bible say to forgive someone seven times seventy times?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote CPig

I don't actually think CPig is cop, I don't have proof, but this feels like a stunt he's pulling.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

##vote CPig

I don't actually think CPig is cop, I don't have proof, but this feels like a stunt he's pulling.

What was your first clue?
The part where I said I wasn't a cop?

Genius.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Sandwolf posted:

I know it's embarrassing for a master detective like yourself to admit your body has faults, but you should really see a doctor about your chronic constipation, because right now you're just a no poo poo sherlock.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandwolf posted:

##vote CPig

Amazing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ahahaha, whoops.

##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

To clarify, I wrote that as soon as I saw it cuz it irked me the wrong way, so, shame on me for not reading.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
##vote Byers

Even if the setup spec on the town role PMs is entirely off the mark, the conclusion that Ecco jumped to is one that scum would have a very, very hard time making on short notice.

EccoRaven posted:

:allears: chili and narcotics are scum

##vote chili

This post only makes sense if Ecco is town and also has the same "get a reward for hammering scum player" mechanic that Asiina claimed.

If Ecco didn't have a boon mechanic in her own role PM, she would have no reason to expect that Asiina's claim was a common feature to town roles in this game. The only logical assumption she could make is that it was a unique feature of Asiina's role. From her point of view there would be no reason for Chili and Narc to know about it. So we can conclude that Ecco has the boon mechanic in her role too.

This alone doesn't prove anything--with two scumteams it is entirely possible that scum have the same feature, so maybe Ecco is a scum but still knew about the boon mechanic from her own PM. But finding out that Asiina also had a boon mechanic would not have the same significance to a scum player--a town player would have seen Asiina's claim as an emergent pattern that could be used as a scum hunting tool whereas a scum player would have seen the opposite, that players of all alignments have the boon mechanic and that it doesn't have anything to tell us about alignment. (Indeed, a scum player might even see a scum fakeclaim in Asiina's claim, since Asiina claimed her role included the same mechanic that they, a scum player, also had.)

It's conceivable--barely--that even if Ecco were scum she could have been thinking fast enough to suppress what she would know about the setup as scum and puzzle out the conclusion that town players would logically be led to, but I think the speed with which she came to her conclusion and made her post is a good indicator that she came to her conclusion honestly. (Note that I make no such claim about my own endorsement of her theory, since it would have been easier for scum to spot the pattern and jump on board after a town player pointed it out.)

It also helps that the scum thought fiery_valkyrie was dangerous enough to kill last night--for one of the scum teams, more important even than the claimed watcher. f_v's only contributions were 1) jumping on the Chili case early and 2) quietly agreeing with Ecco's conclusion on the Chili/Narc vote--and 1) did not harm scum at all, so she certainly wasn't targeted for that. Ecco (and to a lesser extent I) are much easier lynch targets and the scumteam (Byers) would likely have been banking on getting out ahead of the debate D2 to silence Ecco/me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
There seems to be a lot of bizarre thinking in this game.

Also, ecco still scum, piggy senses tingling.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

This is all completely and totally true. Thank you for putting it down.

Furthermore, if I were scum I'd have killed Byers, because as I've stated before, when I'm scum I play to win, and I always go for the player attacking me over someone who isn't. This is helped by a community that never wants to guess why players were killed but that's neither here nor there.

CapitalistPig posted:

Also, ecco still scum, piggy senses tingling.

Nope sorry but you're oinking up the wrong tree

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also, I finished killing the Dragon, or in this case I finished buffing all the guards while they killed the Dragon and I watched.

Then someone told me I was draconian and the jarl of whitening was all " hey bro, go to the greybeards"

I used the enchanting table there to enchant my mace with soul trapping and enchant all my steel heavy armor with fortify magika.

I finally needed to set up camp using the frostfall stuff and it was cool.

It saved me from freezing to death.

So I went to some caves and killed some bandits for the jarl and got some extra coin.

Then I found some Arab looking dudes that wanted to find some girl, I found her but I didn't trust her so I went to some cave and told them where she was and they gave me 500 gold, cool dudes.

And that's where I am.

Level 8 and ready to go find some greybeards.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

Nope sorry but you're oinking up the wrong tree

For this joke alone, let's hang this scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

For this joke alone, let's hang this scum.

I love puns and I have no gilt over it; you won't hear me say sooey anytime soon

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Rarity posted:

Ecco hit the first part on the head; mod admitted to a screw-up, raises reasonable doubt.

EccoRaven posted:

he said it was a dumb reason because the mod intervened. it was at the bottom of the last page.

non-zero chance though he wouldn't support it even then, though, because I voted for it.

Like I said yesterday, Ecco, it's a two scum game, meaning you can be scum and make a good case. I'm not going to dismiss what you say about people because you're scum since in most two team games you stand to gain as the other team loses. I'm not irrationally saying everything you post is awful, it's just that you're scum and you should be lynched today.

EccoRaven posted:

hey byers, if you do me a favor I will do you a favor. I know I was super rude to you earlier buuuuut doesn't the bible say to forgive someone seven times seventy times?

I'm listening...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

##vote Byers

Even if the setup spec on the town role PMs is entirely off the mark, the conclusion that Ecco jumped to is one that scum would have a very, very hard time making on short notice.

I disagree; the town PM says we get a boom for hammering scum. There's nothing that says that scum don't have boons in play, and Asiina detailed the town boon condition in her post. You admit as much yourself. So why is it alignment driven to determine that everyone should have boons? Ecco is really, really good at this game and is very smart; there's no reason to believe she couldn't make that play as scum. In fact, if you'll forgive the pride, I would be able to identify and make that play as scum if, as scum, I had knowledge of boons before Asiina's post.

quote:

(Note that I make no such claim about my own endorsement of her theory, since it would have been easier for scum to spot the pattern and jump on board after a town player pointed it out.)

This aside, by theway, is scummy as hell. Going out of the way to make this comment shows a worry about how he will seem in the thread for attributing a pure town read to an action he himself did. This is Gabriel's third game, and I think that he made a newbie scum misstep here.

quote:

It also helps that the scum thought fiery_valkyrie was dangerous enough to kill last night--for one of the scum teams, more important even than the claimed watcher. f_v's only contributions were 1) jumping on the Chili case early and 2) quietly agreeing with Ecco's conclusion on the Chili/Narc vote--and 1) did not harm scum at all, so she certainly wasn't targeted for that. Ecco (and to a lesser extent I) are much easier lynch targets and the scumteam (Byers) would likely have been banking on getting out ahead of the debate D2 to silence Ecco/me.

I jumped on Ecco because she's scum, and when she was called out she fakeclaimed doc to try and draw out a counter. Doc's a likely role this game, because it's literally the only power role in the set-up this game is based on. Trying to draw out the counter when it looked like CPig had her dead due to a night action was a smart scum play.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Furthermore, if I were scum I'd have killed Byers, because as I've stated before, when I'm scum I play to win, and I always go for the player attacking me over someone who isn't. This is helped by a community that never wants to guess why players were killed but that's neither here nor there.

This is a weak sauce defense for two reasons. One, although I was attacking you I was not getting any traction. Two, you're in essence making a meta defense, which is immediately invalid because if you can state the meta and are aware of it you can break it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I have just been informed that it was not eccoraven as I had first been told, but byers who is the scum.

##vote byers

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I have just been informed that it was not eccoraven as I had first been told, but byers who is the scum.

##vote byers

Stop listening to Sheogorath's advice, he'll just steer you wrong, steal your cheese, and turn you into a rabbit.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

Stop listening to Sheogorath's advice, he'll just steer you wrong, steal your cheese, and turn you into a rabbit.

idk who that is, but I know who YOU are ;)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

idk who that is, but I know who YOU are ;)

Somehow, I doubt that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

I'm listening...

I need your next post to be nothing but the phrase "I am town"

No extraneous words no emoticons no formatting, nothing else but those words.

If you do this for me I will vote for whoever you want me to today :toot:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

Somehow, I doubt that.

Doubt away just remember that when you are dead

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I am town

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

I am town scum

fixed

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I need your next post to be nothing but the phrase "I am town"

No extraneous words no emoticons no formatting, nothing else but those words.

If you do this for me I will vote for whoever you want me to today :toot:

Done, but if you're a lie detector you're not a doc, so...

CapitalistPig posted:

Doubt away just remember that when you are dead

I will. I hope the thread does as well, because if you know my flavor name you know I'm town. So either you're lying, or you're pushing to lynch a player you know is town.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Cute.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

I will. I hope the thread does as well, because if you know my flavor name you know I'm town. So either you're lying, or you're pushing to lynch a player you know is town.

Who said anything about flavor?

I just know who you REALLY are, not your fakeclaim

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Done, but if you're a lie detector you're not a doc, so...

I have literally never once claimed to be a doc ever in my entire mafia career, so...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Who said anything about flavor?

I just know who you REALLY are, not your fakeclaim

You mean you know my real name? Oh, gently caress, you didn't find the high school wrestling photos, did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

You mean you know my real name? Oh, gently caress, you didn't find the high school wrestling photos, did you?

Those arent the only photos I found

:pervert:

• Locked thread