Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
I would like to play!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Hi, I'm confirming. Sorry for lurking first day, I had a lot going on but will have free time daily for the remainder of the game. I've kept up with the thread. I'm pretty new to mafia, I played two or three games a long time ago and this is my second game since then. No idea yet who to vote first day.

EXAKT Science posted:

Flavor will likely offer clues to role and/or alignment, so be VERY careful about making flavor arguments or claiming your flavor. If you really want to, you can, but don't say you weren't warned.
:P

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
At this point I'll cast my vote but I'll be coming back to reconsider before the day is over. The only post that imo could be perceived as scummy, that ALSO gave me a weird gut feeling, was when Chili came in and kind of did the old "Oooo, town AGAIN! Well then, three whole years! Now about that Better Call Saul..." It just doesn't make sense on a lot of levels - it sounds overly contrived - I would think any legitimate townie would see that as too suspicious a thing to say, while any scum would be too stupid to say it, especially for Chili if he has been playing 3+ years? I don't know. Although voting Chili will tie up first place - what does this mean? Someone else can hammer it home, but what if there is a tie? Do they both die or both live? ##vote Chili

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Oh so, it takes ten votes for a lynch to occur and days can end without an execution, ok. I see. That's pretty safe.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

one of the subplots in the game is that there is a civil war between the Empire and the rebel Stormcloaks. that would be an obvious choice for a two scumteam game, but, it's not very likely, entirely because the character Rarity claimed is a soldier for the Empire. If the game is Town vs. Empire vs. Stormcloaks, then Rarity claiming an imperial soldier is like her claiming "I'm a godfather what does that mean?" in her first post.

So, to me at least, there is no way that's actually the case, meaning, again just to me, if Rarity is scum then her claim is more likely fake than real.

Thanks for clarifying this - for the record I'm also unfamiliar with Skyrim mythos, I've played only Morrowind and Oblivion, and forget much of those plots anyway.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
The recent few pages have made me soften on my vote for Chili and consider Rarity. Also, I want to read over this case against Ecco but to me, at the moment, it seems like a real stretch. I do agree, I don't see any reason to think there are fakeclaims, rather if anything the OP seems to point in a completely different direction. Ecco - Have you been in a game previously that had fakeclaims? Is this some sort of post-mafia-stress induced anxiety?

In the next couple hours I'm going to go back and re-read the entire thread then present what I think is my "best" argument which, being day one, won't be much more than a guess. Also, I been reading up on my Skyrim lore, and better understand my flavour and some of the other players' as well. I now understand why the first three or four pages of this thread didn't make sense.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Apologies for not being present during the last day, I was reading along while taking breaks from work but continuously behind because there was like 400 posts in 12 hours. And in addition everything that happened was completely ridiculous and kind of gave me a stupefied headache. What can be said about yesterday? Byers committed suicide and in the process gave every potential scum the perfect place to hide, undetected, ensuring town gets no useful information. What the gently caress.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Votefinder says 16 alive, 9 to lynch.

OP image thing says 14 alive, 8 to lynch.

?

Also, do we know how many scum there are?

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

EccoRaven, Jorn, Vampire Bard, has been killed Night 2.

CapitalistPig posted:

lol
I jumped the gun
. . .

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
What is a vampire bard anyway? I looked in the mafia wiki and found nothing under either word or the fire and ice game type.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

He hadnt posted the flip yet, so I jumped the gun in voting for ecco, because byers was town doc.
Yeah, I picked up on that. It just seemed kinda scummy that you posted to vote ecco immediately before he was nightkilled (as it screams "well I MUST be town considering I did not know eccoraven would die!"). BUT I don't know what a vampire bard is and I am foggy on prior discourse between your self and ecco and in general so I'm reading it over at the moment.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah good idea. Go get em kiddo!
Ok, I seeeeeeee, sheeesh.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah, after going through all these posts again, I understand. I would love to now feel safe chilling with CapitalistPig, but considering there are two mafia teams, one will always be trying to take down the other to gain trust of the town before then killing town.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
I've just caught up. Good work all :). I've been having strange dreams. I have not at all been able to understand them. The first was the night before last, then the second was last night. The first, was a message (that I'm able to directly quote): "Day 2 was an inside job. Daedric fire can't melt steel ingots." The second had no message, but I was an Owl flying overtop flat land of whiterun hold (? i think it was called) and there were four evil figures sprinting across the land and one was covered in blood and they wanted to get me guys :(.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
We all assume there's now one vampire and one werewolf left. And now that Jester is dead, no other parties? I previously suspected both Ecco and Anon in my top four. I didn't feel comfortable bringing it up because when I was actively posting in this thread there wasn't much heat on them and I wasn't looking to bring heat on me. The other two in my top four were were Gabriel and Opap.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

ShadowGlass posted:

Why is this?
Oh, because I thought this was a Fire&Ice game type, meaning there are two scum teams each with two members? And we killed one vampire and one werewolf? Which would make the two teams... vampires versus werewolfs? I thought.. that was... :/ Am I THAT lost in this game? Anyway, I just kinda figured out what my flavor means so I know I'm wrong.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Oh. Didn't notice the bold. Sorry. I "didn't want to bring heat on me" because that's one of the objectives of the game to... not... die. For the team that you're on to outlive the other teams. So that you always have a vote. And can win.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
That was in the context of, when I was not (IRL working/sleeping/school), but rather in this thread reading/posting, nobody was chasing them, and I was being cautious whether I wanted to be the only one and end up becoming a target. When I was AFK people starting voting them. So they got voted and I now feel confident enough in my suspicions and ideas of who is who that I feel comfortable expressing the two I currently suspect. Which I shared as a sign of "cool I won't be cautious any longer."

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Good point though, I guess being a sacrifice is better than losing, but if there are four scum still alive and two more die tonight and I get lynched well, numbers dwindle fast. I guess I was comparing both confidence in my own suspicions with the risk of my own mortality. I wanted to wait until I was confident enough to feel it was worth becoming a target. Which I did, above, when I shared my other suspicions.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

Abyssal Squid posted:

tl;dr of the above: Good Day has some really suspicious assumptions/knowledge about the scumteam setup.
Yeah.

I was assuming that, as the OP said, this was a Fire and Ice game, meaning there is usually four scum divided into two teams and one town cop. When I saw a "vampire" flip and a "werewolf" flip, and other posters say "So, it is vampires vs. werewolves" I assumed that meant those two creatures were the two scum teams, and thus there is one left on each. Either way this was my way of thinking before I logged in today when I finally understood my power / what the dreams meant. There are four living scum between two teams. I'm an Oracle. This then informed me that I was wrong when I thought there were one of each scum team left. My power informed me I guess that it isn't a typical Fire and Ice game in numbers/team division.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Hey - Just catching up now at work - will be posting more later this afternoon. I put my top two in a post previously...It was Gabriel Pope and Opap.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
So previously out of defense I had mentioned having dreams. And being an Oracle. Last nights were a lot longer and more detailed. They seemed important. I know nothing about the mythos/lore of Skyrim and stuff so here you all go. (Mod has said I'm allowed to quote certain parts directly.)

"Dragons were released from hidden Aldmeri weapons stores."
"We have credible evidence at hidden Aldmeri WMD capabilities."
"WMD = Warehouses of Many Dragons"
"Watch Ulfric start a loving war."
"Don't let the Elven Agenda take your love for Talos!"
"Dragon attacks are a false flag operation."
"General Tulius does it with hagravens."
"Also, this is totally a cult game, y'all. Mehrunes Dagon rising, yo!"

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Using the Skyrim wiki and the flavour provided we can methodically deduce who is scum, yeah? :)

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Oh UHH MORE DREAMS HAVE COME:

Four scum alive, one killed last night.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

no, but we can methodically deduce you're, in-character, a total loon

The only potentially useful parts of that PM are Ulfric/Tulius (lynchers?) and the mention of a cult game (cult fire and ice? what?)
Yeah, because I didn't understand what the gently caress my character... is? But then I got another dream(an additional PM) , and I guess what it is useful for is knowing how many scum are alive and dead.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
The PM only said four scum alive and one killed last night.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Abyssal I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to hear from me unless you mean tomorrow. I've already shared last night's dream today?

I still think it's Gabriel Pope but that's just me. I've kept up with the thread since claiming but haven't analyzed anything too much since stating who my top three picks were. And at that point, I was choosing Pope based on the votecounts and who he was agreeing with / disagreeing with.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
For those reasons I'm all for voting Gabriel unless the majority of people want me to re-read him/her before I do but I feel confident enough about my reading based on the first two thirds of the game. On the other hand I do not feel comfortable enough to vote shadow until I do a proper read.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
drat just realised this is my first time posting in this game day. I guess I thought it was not because I have not received any new PM....

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Oh wait, yes I did, it was just short and I thought I posted it from my phone but I guess it didn't go through. Sorry!

"Vampires and Werewolves? Posh Mudcrabs are the true threat in this town."

And the words Posh Mudcrabs links to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZtMIr9u30w

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
I can hammer. Otherwise I feel ok(ish) with you doing it (moreso than other I guess.) Also, doing a shadowglass read now.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Exakt, when opop and axe cop died you posted saying that you were currently too tired to but would soon post flavour in regards to axe cop's death. You didn't (as far as I can see... I don't think I missed anything...) so does that mean I can safely assume vanilla town?

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
At this point I have never had any suspicions towards meinberg and few for Abyssal, while more for shadowglass and neutral with rarity. No matter what my vote is between Pope and Shadow but at this point unless someone can convince me otherwise I'm going to vote in-line with the players who seem the least scummy, as opposed to directly voting who I think is scummiest, because I trust my opinion on Meinberg and Abyssal more than I do about Pope, Glass or Rarity.

##vote ShadowGlass

Rarity what's your rationale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Doing a no lynch is what made sense to me but I decided to hold off on voting until someone else had input, Abyssal, so you are hoping it will be you who gets recruited thus allowing your self a personal victory as you betray town for scum? You could also hope for the same with a no lynch, so is your vote for Rarity to appease vamps as Rarity is a wolf? I don't like you at all.

##vote Abyssal Squid

• Locked thread