Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
If you guys are dumb enough to vote me out after looking at ShadowGlass's incredibly sketchy post history, please do me a favor and do not roleblock Rarity or else vamps win. Assuming Squid didn't already hand them the roleblock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Meinberg posted:

Wait, maybe I missed something while I was reading the thread last night, but Epsilon Plus isn't the original vampire?

Uh, look at Rarity's big post. 2 original vampires and 2 original werewolves.

I guess she could be trying to pull some kind of gambit, but it makes sense from what we know of night actions.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

Okay I'm thoroughly confused and I'm 50/50 on Gabriel Pope and Shadowglass being the OG vampire. I know I said I'd be arguing this if I were a vampire, but really it probably is in everyone survivor's best interest (except for Rarity) for town to surrender to the vampires. If that's against the SA Mafia Code of Ethics then I'll vote probably for Shadowglass, but I don't think a town victory is even possible anymore. WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CHIC TROMBONE AND GLOCKENAPFEL ;_;

Why vampires? If we're going to play kingmaker I'd rather be on the doggies' side :3: Besides, if we do have a way to win it relies on staking a vampire today.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Ok, I'm home. Still don't vote, we need to hear from Good Sir and then there's something I want to say.

Squid, you should just say who you gave the roleblock to, it's not like they're going to be targeted for the NK tonight.

Also, if we do lynch town today then I respectfully ask the roleblocker to go for the vamps instead of me. It's totally up to you but at that point there's no chance of town winning and it would be cool if I could have a shot at this. But I'll understand if you don't, I know I'm the enemy.

Personally, I agree that if we can't squeak out a town win I'd rather target vamps over wolves. Would you be willing to put your vote down early as a show of good faith? You've admitted that you get a boon for hammering scum--we still don't know what the boon is, but if it has the potential to swing the game from what would otherwise be a town victory it's not really fair to expect us to set up a hammer for you. If things don't work out with night actions and we're screwed tomorrow I'm all for tossing the game in your favor, though.

On that note, ##unvote

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
(Just so we're clear, I understand some people have issues trusting me and I'm not trying to steal the hammer for myself, I just don't want someone to put a 3rd vote on and have the hammer get sniped. I will put my vote back on when we've got someone ready to hammer.)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

##vote Pope

What is your rationale?

With 2 vampires out there, this means they can hammer. Or it would, if one of them wasn't already voting me.

ShadowGlass has been at 2 vote for most of a day, with a couple more votes waiting in the wings. If vamps wanted him dead he'd be gone by now. It's possible Meinberg or Squid got converted and is soft bussing their vampire overlord, but to what purpose? If vamps secure a mislynch on me they win, it doesn't matter how they look tomorrow. Strongly suspect Good Sir is the vampire recruit now, unless he's been playing us the whole time.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
So right now it looks like we're essentially deadlocked. ShadowGlass/Rarity/GoodSir against Meinberg/Squid/me, with Squid and (maybe?) Rarity being the swing votes.

I've made my case, which is more than I can say of the people trying to vote me out. Rarity, we can't lynch a vampire without your vote, so ultimately it's your game to lose.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
##vote ShadowGlass

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Suck it vamps! Or, rather, don't.

also sorry Opop, this was my first cult game and I couldn't make any sense out of 2 scumteams + vig only getting 2 nightkills between them. Your death helped clarify who the scum were though!

Fun game, thanks for running it. I'm curious about how the boon mechanic was intended to work--having mod confirmations on alignment in a cult game seems like it would actually be a liability.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ultimately it was a fun game and while I'm not sold on cult mechanics I don't think it was unbalanced, nor do I think that the roles entirely overshadowed the basic mafia play. It was a good game :)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

This really goes to show just how forgiving this setup is for town, there were multiple points of failure where we could have blown the game wide open if we were not out to systematically jettison as many power roles as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

No, that was funny :colbert:

The funniest part was that he had information that could have cleared you.

• Locked thread