Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Make my flavour dragon so I can kill everyone on D1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

I haven't played Skyrim in years, who is Hadvar? Is he cool? Am I cool?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

EccoRaven posted:

##unvote ##vote rarity

straight up she just scumclaimed. she got a fakeclaim because she's a scumbo and she's trying to slip that fakeclaim "accidentally" to make it seem legitimate.

let's do this toot toot

I'm not cool?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

I really wish I'd played more Skyrim now. I did the first few parts of the main quest, explored a bunch of dungeons and ran around naked a bunch but it seems like there's so much awesome stuff I didn't see.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Glockenapfel posted:

I'm pretty sure Rarity has a history of early claims for no reason.

Yeah, if we're actually going to take Ecco's case seriously then I have to point out claiming flavour on D1 is a thing I just do sometimes. Utopfia is a recent example of this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This makes a lot of sense. I'm thinking they're probably both scum. I'd vote byers first though bc if Rarity is posting stuff like that thinking we don't know its fakeclaiming, they're probably pretty dumb/weak (sorrynotsorry) and I'd rather get the strong player out first.

but then again I'm a total noob and maybe don't know what I'm talking about

This is some serious hedging. ANarc, is this your first game?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

EccoRaven posted:

which doesn't actually invalidate my point at all if you were given fakeclaims

It means you're taking a thing I do and saying it's scummy when it's just a thing I do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

ShadowGlass posted:

On the other hand, Rarity, I looked up your last 6 finished games and Utopfia was the only one where I saw you flavor claiming D1. Could you give some other examples?

Well one of the one's I was thinking of was Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? but I just checked and we picked our favourite countries for that so I guess that doesn't count. I definitely did it in Fan Fiction Mafia though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

ShadowGlass posted:

OMG, what did I just read? I was too curious, I've looked at the thread (not just your posts). 22 pages before D1 even starts? WTF!?

Fan Fiction was less a mafia game and more a shared experience of torture

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Chili posted:

Yeah, ecco is right, and you're not really getting why:

It doesn't matter if this is a thing you do or not, you claimed a character that has ties to one of the two warring factions. It's highly likely that these two factions are making up our scum team. The mod went out of their way to explain to us that flavor plays a role in alignment.

You are probably scum.

##vote Rarity

Oh my god this is stupid, I am nowhere near that dumb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Cpig is hitting my gut hard. It looks like he's trying to artificially extend jokephase. Sure, he always posts nonsense but this seems like he's trying to actively distract people instead of amuse himself.

##vote Cpig

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Chili, you've never played a game with me so stop insulting my intelligence, you don't know me.

Byers2142 posted:

Distract people from what? That implies there's something to distract from, instead of just shitposting.

There's a couple of cases out there on the table. There's the case on me, the case on Chili, people have been talking about Squid, stuff is start to happen but he's making a whole lot of effort to keep the focus on him being funny.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Chili posted:

This is a pretty great dismissal, not gonna lie. I'm not speaking to your abilities as much as I am globally. I think the distinction you're claiming to be aware is very loving difficult for ANYONE to be aware of. I'd attack anyone for what you said.

I'm good at reading people

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Byers2142 posted:

Actually, that brings up a point.

Rarity, did you ever double down on your role really, truly being Hadvar? It's not just a joke?

Yeah I'm Hadvar. I don't Skyrim well enough to joke about it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Byers2142 posted:

OK, so why did you claim flavor in a flavor-heavy game?

So I could set up a joke. I didn't read the OP that closely.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Byers2142 posted:

What joke?

It's not as funny if I have to explain it

I was asking people if I was cool so people could reply with no.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Catching up with the thread

Good Sir posted:

In the next couple hours I'm going to go back and re-read the entire thread then present what I think is my "best" argument which, being day one, won't be much more than a guess.

I don't like this, by saying that his best case will only be a guess Good Sir's already setting himself up to avoid accountability for a mislynch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

How much longer does this Byers/Ecco slapfight go on for? I'm confident they're both town and should stop arguing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

You guys hammered while I'm still catching up. Rude

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Well poo poo.

##vote eccoraven

Im not saying I'[m a cop or anything, but Ecco is scum.

Are you for real?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Byers2142 posted:

This is a vig claim, yes?

Why the hell would you vig someone who'd just claimed watcher?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

EccoRaven posted:

you caught me! I targeted Asiina last night, as I am a doctor.

Then why is she dead?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

EccoRaven posted:

she's dead???

Ummm

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Byers2142 posted:

Reread the set-up this is based on. I strongly, heavily doubt there's a vig.

Apart from Opop's, you mean?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Byers, what do you think of the idea of lynching ANarc based on him not knowing about the boon?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Sandwolf posted:

##vote CPig

I don't actually think CPig is cop, I don't have proof, but this feels like a stunt he's pulling.

Amazing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Ecco, my eyes were kinda glazed over by the end of your 5 page slapfight with Byers yesterday but at the time it looked like you weren't thinking of his scum. I want to believe this apparent lie detector thing you've got going on cause that makes today nice and simple but you've been sketchy with your other posts today. At what point did you start suspecting Byers and what made you think that way?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Umm

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Good Sir posted:

Also, do we know how many scum there are?

Probably 2 teams of 3 judging by the game size so now 5 left.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Two kills the first night, one kill the second. Fire and Ice rules traditionally state that if both teams try to target the same person, the action fails. So either someone blew a non-scum nightkill on Ecco (good work btw, you're smarter than I am), or teams aren't killing every night. Any ideas?

Maybe Ecco was doing the NK so it was decided his didn't go through?

Also, I was roleblocked last night. No, I wasn't doing a NK.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Opopanax posted:

I killed Ecco. Don't know if I was the only one or what, but make of that what you will

##vote Opop

You might as well just claim SK now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah Opop is legit

Fair enough

##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Jeez I told you guys Ecco was scum. Now let's get rid of his scum buddies.

##vote sandwolf

I find it hard to believe Sandwolf is Ecco's scumbro because that would be the worst disguised scumteam I've ever seen.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Pope, what do you think of Sandwolf in light of Ecco's flip?

Sandwolf, what do you think of Pope in light of Ecco's flip?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Gabriel Pope posted:

but it's a plausible sounding case for a scum player to set up to establish a chain lynch, if they'd thought they'd found the other scumteam.

Why do you say that bit about it being the other scumteam and not mention the just as likely scenario of scum setting up a chain lynch towards a town player? I see your point but that's a really strange thing to specify.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Meinberg posted:

A thought occurs to me: Ecco's knowledge of the hammer-boon relationship implies that scum also get a boon for hammering

If that's the case then why would Ecco think of not knowing the boon as a scumslip? Was Ecco the first one to say that or did she just jump on someone else's comment?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol these votes today are dumb.

Aw, don't put yourself down, champ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Sandwolf posted:

This is it. This is the lurkiest snipe vote ever. ##vote Axe Cop

There is a very simple solution to my interactions, so, just gimme a chance to talk before you lynch me.

If it's so simple why didn't you say it in that post? ##vote Sandwolf

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Ok, I'm not familiar with the Fire and Ice setup so I don't know how low town can get without losing but we're down to 11 players. Presumably this is a two 3 player scumteams game and Opop is a player with a regular NK and thus has to be a SK (boo Cpig I trusted you). That means there's only 6 town players left and chances are this will be the last day where town has the majority. As far as I can tell we need to lynch non-town today to have a real shot of winning. Just because Opop has cleared out a couple of scum doesn't mean he's on our side. I don't see how we can vote anywhere else today.

##vote Opopanax

Also I checked my flavour from N2 and judging by flavour I don't think I was roleblocked. I think there's a hider that I can confirm as town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'm a gamer!!

Opopanax posted:

##vote rarity
That's a very weak position to take and I can only assume it's because you are a scaredy scum who wants me dead before I come for you.

I'm that lady from the Blades, and I kill bad guys.

I'm sorry you don't understand maths.

• Locked thread