Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Did someone say... nonstandard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm in the correct time zone, EST.

The one true time zone.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys, I'm town.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Who plays TES games for quests?

wow rude

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm not into the lore or anything, but there's some cool stuff hidden away in the quests. I'm especially a big fan of the Daedric quests, though those are a lot easier to stumble onto in Skyrim than in previous games.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

the silly mods are fun, though the only one I leave on is the one with the space core, because it is my favorite portal 2 character.

OK TIME TO PLAY MAFIA

##vote meinberg lurking

The word you're looking for is "napping." I'm awake now and still catching up.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Yeah it really, really depends. It is possible to max out on everything but you'd have to play for such an obscenely long time or be doing stuff that gets you experience all the time. I've basically done everything in the game and I've never come close to the level cap.

In my current run, I've prestiged my primary combat stats a couple times, and I've engaged in the economic feedback loop enough to prestige all of my trade skills multiple times.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Chili posted:

Because, as we all know The Arena, from Oblivion was the only thing worth a drat throughout the entire Elder Scrolls series.

##vote Chili

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Chili posted:

##vote Meinberg

YOU. HAVE. EARNED IT!

OMGUS?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'd rather vote for a lurker than somebody who's said anything at all, but with 10 votes to kill I don't know if it'd be possible to build a bandwagon on someone in particular in time. I'll vote for Rarity or Byers if it'll make 'em claim, though, or if nobody better comes along.

A lurker vote is pretty bad, especially on D1.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote asiina

I got a cop investigation and shes a scum.

SCUM I SAY

I think you're being ~disingenuous~

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Stop flailing meinberg

fuuuuuuu

Hm, this is a compelling argument. But I don't feel like bolding anything at the moment.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Voting for Rarity because of the flavor claim, whether true or false, is pretty scrub tier play, to be honest. If there's another case in there, I'm not seeing it, so if you're voting for Rarity for a reason besides her claim, then please illuminate.

While my initial vote on Chili was a joke vote, his behavior has made me feel sufficiently confident in leaving my vote where it is.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

Ecco, my eyes were kinda glazed over by the end of your 5 page slapfight with Byers yesterday

Same.

It's almost enough to think that it was a deliberate attempt to create noise and drown out conversation in the thread, especially considering how much Byers repeated some of his points.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I stepped away for a couple hours to do some work, and holy gently caress what is going on

I'm still catching up/processing.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

Read it all it's hilarious.

Oh I did.

I did.

My only current coherent commentary is that I'm somewhat suspicious of a self-protecting Doctor.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

My ~gut~ says that Ecco isn't scum. On the other hand, she's been acting weird all day. The self-contradiction, the Parable. It's all weird, and I have no idea if this is normal Ecco weird or what.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I hate doing this but I will clarify what I was doing earlier:

I was joking around. Except for the Parable, that one is about most people have bad reading comprehension.

Joking around?

Okay, cool. That makes as much sense as the incoherent ramble of setup speculation running through my mind.

Byers, though? I don't know, he's been playing too aggro. I'd definitely be up to vote, but I want to see what else shakes out.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

One thing I'm curious about : Byers, why the thunderdome? It should have been obvious that thunderdoming Ecco would not have saved you, which should have been your top priority as town doctor.

Thunderdomes are cool and fun, even if they're a bad idea almost all of the time. That said, a Doctor thunderdoming is an even worse idea than normal.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

No, only emulate me, Im the best at mafia.

You're my mafia idol, CPig.

##vote Byers

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

We're back to -2 according to votefinder, so that wasn't hammer.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

hahahahaha this is glorious chaos

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

AXE COP posted:

Oh god what is happening

hahahahahahahaha

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

So does vampire mean bad guy?

We're probably looking at vampires vs. those guys who hunt vampires as the scum teams. Alternatively werewolves.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Good Sir posted:

Votefinder says 16 alive, 9 to lynch.

OP image thing says 14 alive, 8 to lynch.

?

Also, do we know how many scum there are?

That votefinder post was the vote count for the end of the day. We're now down to 14 players left alive, due to the vote out and the night kill.

The amount of scum isn't a known factor, as this isn't an open setup.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

I find it hard to believe Sandwolf is Ecco's scumbro because that would be the worst disguised scumteam I've ever seen.

Too scummy to be scum is rarely a good argument.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

A thought occurs to me: Ecco's knowledge of the hammer-boon relationship implies that scum also get a boon for hammering, though it's possible that who they need to hammer is different. Basically, we need to be careful who we give the hammer to.

But yeah, looking over Sandwolf again and his behavior yesterday, I definitely lean in favor of him being scum. I'd like to give him a chance to post before I vote, and see what sort of argument he presents to explain himself, and it's the weekend, so that might not be until Monday.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Turbos for the turbo God ##vote sandwolf

Sure, okay.

##vote Sandwolf

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

AXE COP posted:

I don't really know pig but his posting screamed jester to me so I'm not too surprised.

Ironically, it was also fairly standard Pig.

Also, hahaha it really is vampires and werewolves!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Only three players so far this game have mentioned werewolves. One was Asiina who is now dead and flipped town. One is Glock, who mentioned them only after Ecco's lore post thing. The third is myself, who hammered town yesterday. I probably look pretty terrible right now.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

So what the hell is a Town Ecco Cop, anyway?

You provide a list of names, and the mod tells you if any of them are scum. Unless I'm mistaken!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

We're mostly down to lurkers now. There's not a lot to read in some peoples' post history, but looking at voting records Meinberg and Abyssal Squid have been on every lynch train. Epsilon Plus almost has been on every lynch but at least he had the decency to try and let Sandwolf explain his results, unlike some people (Meinberg t)

You gotta respect the turbo.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Glockenapfel posted:

Meinberg how do you feel about this assault upon your character?

Like, I can see how a person might come to those thoughts in regards to me, but ShadowGlass isn't right.

Admittedly, I've been playing pretty lovely this game, I won't deny that. But does that make me scum? Nah. But does that make me someone who scum would easily be able to case? Oh heck yes.

I've had a lot of extra work on my plate, and it has kept me from putting in the engagement that this game deserves. I'll do a re-read sometime before deadline, and post my thoughts.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

So, when the flip came up for the kills last night, I realized that my behavior was fairly suspect. While the Sandwolf hammer is definitely worse (although his behavior with Ecco was enough to make him doubt him), the werewolf thing gave me an idea. I intentionally drew attention to how suspicious I was, to see who would be willing to vote me, seeking out an easy vote rather than one that was particularly well sourced.

And who is the first person to vote for me? Shadowglass.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Getting a stupid newbie to vote for you ain't exactly gonna win you the Mafia Lifetime Achievement Award. We're never gonna send you to 2+2 with play like that.

I never said my ploy was good. It's just what I had to go with at the time.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

However, my target didn't claim hider after I said it in thread which is what I'd expect so either they're playing bad or something else happened to block the action. I'll reveal who I targeted N2 if people think it's for the best but right now I think they'd only be confirmed town if they came forward to claim hider before I said who it was.

I've been playing really lovely this game, I'll agree.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

Are you claiming hider?

I am indeed.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

^^^ Confirmed town

Now be more useful

I'm doing my best.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

So who are your scum picks? We're coming up on deadline and one of our best consensus candidates just made a corroborated claim. The only person you've mentioned at all today was ShadowGlass and that was a pretty soft jab.

Working on it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

My re-read is going fairly slow, sadly. Energies levels are starting to drop.

Glockenapfel posted:

##vote Asiina

Starting to get a "fake content" feel from the sidelines commenting, and I need to put my vote somewhere more productive before I sleep.

This is the first post, from a surviving player, that has really jumped out at me as "this feels scummy."

• Locked thread