Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Ahrk fin Kel lost prodah, do ved viing ko fin krah,
Tol fod zeymah win kein meyz fundein!
Alduin, feyn do jun, kruziik vokun staadnau,
Voth aan bahlok wah diivon fin lein!

These are dark times in Skyrim, the northernmost province of Tamriel. Dragons, creatures long thought only legends, have returned and taken wing, burning man and beast alike. Skyrim is also ravaged by a brutal civil war between the Imperials and the Stormcloak rebels, led by Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm, a war that pits kin against kin. These are dark times for the ancient province of Skyrim, dark times made only that much worse by the foul creatures that lurk in the night. Can these horrors be overcome, or is Skyrim doomed to darkness for all time?

Welcome to The Elder Scrools V: Skyrim Mafia, run by EXAKT Science and co-modded by the inimitable Somberbrero! This will be a game for 19 players, and will use a modified Fire and Ice setup. While I won't turn away new players, this is going to be a fairly nonstandard game, so having some degree of mafia experience is definitely a plus. That said, all of the general Something Awful Mafia rules apply:

RULES
  • Days will be 2-3 IRL days, Nights will be no longer than 24 hours, though I'd like to keep them closer to 12 if possible.
  • Executions will be majority (days can end without an execution)
  • Nights are closed
  • Don't fake day actions
  • Don't post after hammers
  • Don't post if you're dead. A single content-free death post is acceptable
  • Don't post mod communication
  • Don't edit your posts
  • No outside communication unless your role says you're allowed. This applies even if you're dead. There will be a spectator doc.
  • Don't lurk! Player participation is crucial to an enjoyable mafia experience for everyone involved. Please endeavor to make at least a couple of posts per IRL day. If I don't think you're posting enough, I'll let you know via PM, and if it continues to be an issue, either replace you or modkill you, depending on the circumstances.
  • Once the game starts I won't answer any questions in thread. If you have any questions after we begin, please PM me.
  • Flavor will likely offer clues to role and/or alignment, so be VERY careful about making flavor arguments or claiming your flavor. If you really want to, you can, but don't say you weren't warned.

Players:
  1. Abyssal Squid
  2. AnonymousNarcotics Killed N3
  3. Asiina Killed N1
  4. AXE COP
  5. Byers2142 Killed D2
  6. CapitalistPig Killed N3
  7. Chic Trombone
  8. EccoRaven Killed N2
  9. Epsilon Plus
  10. fiery_valkyrie Killed N1
  11. Gabriel Pope
  12. Gamerofthegame Chili Killed D1
  13. Glockenapfel
  14. Good Sir
  15. Meinberg
  16. Opopanax
  17. Rarity
  18. Sandwolf Killed D3
  19. ShadowGlass
Replacements
1. wall monitor
2. Hal Incandenza
3. Chili

Day 1
Chili replaces Gamerofthegame
Chili, Camilla Valerius, Vanilla Town was executed Day 1
Asiina. Delvin Mallory, Town Watcher was killed Night 1
fiery_valkyrie, M'aiq the Liar, Vanilla Town was killed Night 1
Day 2
Byers2142, Danica Pure-Spring, Town Doctor was executed Day 2
EccoRaven, Jorn, Vampire Bard was killed Night 2
Day 3
Sandwolf, Keeper Carcette, Town Ecco Cop was executed Day 3
Capitalist Pig, Cicero, Jester Lynchbomb was killed Night 3
Anonymous Narcotics, Skjor, Werewolf was killed Night 3
Day 4

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

reserved

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Sandwolf posted:

Is "Scrools" a typo or not?

my signup is 100% dependent on this question

Intentional... Sort of.

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 14, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Glockenapfel posted:

Hello I am awkward and new.

You're welcome to play, but please don't judge mafia as a game just based on this game, as there's likely to be stuff happening that's very much not a standard mafia game. If you have even a little bit of fun playing this, join a more normal Mini game afterwards!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Alright, since we're almost full, what timezones am I modding around so far? I want to make sure that deadlines fall in a place that's not terrible for anyone, if I can help it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I don't even know Ecco's pronouns, because people use both he and she for them, seemingly at random!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Chili posted:

Got room? Haven't played in a good while, and I'm at a rare lull in work amounts.

ShadowGlass snagged the last slot, but I'll definitely put you in as a replacement!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Alright, so that's 19! PMs will all be out within an hour or so, and once ~half of the players confirm, we can get started! Deadlines will be at 8 PM EST.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Chili posted:

drat. I appreciate that but I'm a horrible replacement. I need to be part of early day or im pretty useless. Sorry.

Bummer. Maybe I'll get you next time!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Alright, all PMs are sent, except for the PM that was supposed to go to f_v. A few more confirmations and we can get going.

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 16, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Alright, everyone's PMs are now out. If you have any questions about your role, shoot me a PM. I'll start day 1 when I get two more confirmations.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Epsilon Plus posted:

playing the game vanilla

lol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Skyrim has seen better days. A brutal civil war rages across the province, Thalmor agents skulk about in the dark, kidnapping and torturing those with the audacity to worship Talos, the One, the only mortal ever to ascend to godhood, according to his worshipers. Dark beasts, vile agents of darkness, stalk the night, waiting to prey on the weak, the unwary, and the infirm. There have even been rumors of dragons. Rumors that have gone without corroboration. Until now, that is.

A dragon with wings of black has razed the town of Helgen. Few survived, and rumors spin that this dragon is Alduin, the World-Eater, firstborn of Akatosh, devourer of souls, and harbinger of the end-times. How can the people of Skyrim, mere mortals, ever hope to defeat such a fell foe? If they are to do so, to stop the return of the dragons and prevent their world from being reduced to smoldering ashes, they must unite. However, whence can come this unity when brother fights brother and all suspect their neighbor of being a creature of darkness? Only the people of Skyrim can answer this question, and must do so quickly, as the beasts have claimed their first victim: a horsethief who happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, the last of many such misfortunes.

Lokir of Rorikstead, Horsethief has been brutally murdered N0

People of Skyrim, unite! Keep your blades close at hand and take heart, for you are all that stand between Tamriel and certain doom.

Day 1 begins now

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I'm moving the deadline up a day. You now have until Wednesday at 8 PM EST.

Also, Chili Replaces Gamerofthegame!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

it's when someone goes ##kill Ecco and then suddenly ecco is dead and flipped

Ecco I said no fake day actions. Consider yourself warned

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

18 Last Seed, 4E201
It is a cold day in Riverwood today. Helgen has been sacked, by a dragon, no less, and tensions run high. Rumors swirl that the dragons are not the only things to fear, and the people of the town eye each other with suspicion. As the sun sinks lower in the sky, these whispers grow to a fever pitch, and wild accusations are thrown about.
"Witch!"
"Daedra worshipper!"
"Vampire!"
At the center of the whirlwind, a woman. The mob grows insatiable, lusty for blood. They drag her, despite the protestations of her brother and suitors, to an improvised headman's block beside Gerdur's mill. She looks towards the west, and as the sun sets behind the barrow, draws one final breath.
The headsman's axe falls, her body goes limp, and there is silence. As the last rays of daylight fade, wolves can be heard, howling in the distance.

Camilla Valerius, Vanilla Town has been executed Day 1.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to get your actions to me, but I will start the next day early if I get all the actions sooner than that.

Also, an announcement: I am bad at proofreading, so some PMs were sent out incomplete. This should be remedied now.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Final Votecount for day 1:

Votecount for Day 1

Chili (10): Meinberg, fiery_valkyrie, Abyssal Squid, Good Sir, ShadowGlass, Epsilon Plus, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, Gabriel Pope
Asiina (2): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Glockenapfel, CapitalistPig, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): Rarity, Chili, Byers2142, Byers2142, Chili
EccoRaven (1): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Byers2142, Chili
Rarity (1): EccoRaven, CapitalistPig, Sandwolf, Chili, Chili, CapitalistPig, Chili, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Chili, Chili, Chili, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Abyssal Squid (0): Glockenapfel, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, ShadowGlass, Asiina, Asiina, ShadowGlass, Epsilon Plus, Glockenapfel
Sandwolf (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Byers2142 (0): Asiina, Glockenapfel, Glockenapfel, Chili, Asiina, Chili
Opopanax (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Meinberg (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Chili, Chili
Gabriel Pope (0): Chili, Chili
Epsilon Plus (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (4): Asiina, AXE COP, Chic Trombone, Opopanax

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 18th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The day will begin shortly. In the meantime, everyone please check your PMs.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

19 Frostfall, 4E201
The sun comes up over Skyrim, the mood of the morning bleak and somber after the chilling events of yesterday. However, in the night, even more have joined the ranks of the dead.

Outside the gates of Whiterun, you find the body of a Khajiit, dressed in monk robes and brutally slain. On his person, you find a few scraps of food, some coin, and a note that reads:
"M'aiq knows much, and tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."

fiery_valkyrie, M'aiq the Liar, Vanilla Town, has been killed N1

However, the Khajiit is not the only body to be found this morning. There is also a man, dressed in black leather and bedecked in ring, amulets, and other valuables, likely ill-gotten.

Asiina, Delvin Mallory, Town Watcher has been killed N1

Your number dwindling, it is now imperative that you find the evils and eliminate them, as any of you could be next.

Day 2 begins

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Flip/flavor coming soon. Y'all posted so drat much in the span of like six hours, and I had to catch up.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

19 Last Seed 4E201

Whiterun
Tensions are running high. Your murder of an innocent in Riverwood, followed by the brutal murders of two more of you number in the night have people on edge. The sun once again begins to set, and your attention seizes on a robed woman.
"To the Gildergreen with her!"
"String her up!"
"WITCH!"
Dragged to the wilting tree in the center of the city, the woman looks on in disbelief as a noose is readied.
"By Kynareth, if I am to die, I die on my own terms!"
She shoves away from the people restraining her, and in a single motion, produces a wicked-looking knife from within her robes, and plunges into her chest. Blood splatters onto the ground and the roots of the Gildergreen and stains her robes deep crimson as she draws a final ragged breath and the life fades from her eyes. The sun sets, and a chill wind blows from the north.

Byers2142, Danica Pure-Spring, Town Doctor, has committed suicide Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Actions to me, please!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

20 Last Seed 4E201

Solitude
The sun rises over the Sea of Ghosts. The clear morning air is still for a few moments, until shouts can be heard from the Bard's College.
"Guards! GUARDS! Someone's been murdered!"
The Solitude guard rushes to the college quarters, and there finds the body of a Nord. His skin and clothes are scorched, and a wicked knife pierces his chest. However, something is not right about his corpse. His skin is sloughing off into an ashen dust, and his glazed eyes are golden. The blood on his clothes and sheets smells rank, rotten, and his mouth is tightened into a rictus grin, revealing a set of sharp fangs.

EccoRaven, Jorn, Vampire Bard, has been killed Night 2.

Day 3 begins.

MOD NOTE: There are several players at this point who have not been posting enough. Somber sent prods yesterday, and I know it was a very short day, but please fix this. I am going to look at replacements/modkills for anyone who has fewer posts than I do at the end of this game day. You have been warned!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (14): Abyssal Squid, AnonymousNarcotics, AXE COP, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Gabriel Pope, Glockenapfel, Good Sir, Meinberg, Opopanax, Rarity, Sandwolf, ShadowGlass

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 24th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 4 hours.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

flip incoming.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

20 Last Seed 4E201

Dawnstar
The wind is cold and the gray clouds spit flurries of snow. The townpeople are gathered, and a panic has set in. No one can be trusted, and a blizzard of accusations quickly forms. However, one of your number does not speak. She is an outsider, not a resident of the city, and someone who is very rarely, if ever, here. The mob quickly turns on her, and she is brought to the end of the longest dock. Stones are lashed to her feet, and her hands bound.
"Any final words?"
"I am not your enemy, people of Skyrim. We share a common goal, the elimination of the dark beasts of the night! How can you suspect me? I have devoted my life to this cause!"
Her words, however, fall on deaf ears. She is pushed from the end of the pier.
"If the Eight find her innocent, she will rise to the surface."
She does not.

Sandwolf, Keeper Carcette, Town Ecco Cop was executed Day 3.

Night 3 begins. Actions to me please!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

21 Last Seed 4E201

The sun shines brightly this morning, and the air is somehow less hopeless than it has been for the last few days. However, not everyone has made it through the night. Near Jorrvaskr lies the corpse of one of the Companions. Not just any companion, either, but a member of the Circle. You start to mourn and to shed tears, but then look closer at his body, and see that it is covered with patches of fur, and that his teeth and nails are longer and sharper than they should be.

Anonymous Narcotics, Skjor, Werewolf, has been slain Night 3.

Outside the gates of the city, there is a another body. Lying next to a cart with a massive crate in it is a crazed-looking man, wearing the garb of a fool. His red and black clothing is stained with blood, and his mouth is stretched into a horrifying grin.

Capitalist Pig, Cicero, Jester Lynchbomb, has been slain Night 3.

Day 4 begins!

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 23, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

flip coming in a bit!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

21 Last Seed 4E201

Riverwood

A furious crowd gathers in the Sleeping Giant. Each of the last few days, an innocent citizen of Skyrim has been executed, and your numbers are dwindling. Suddenly, someone shouts from one of the side rooms. They return to the main chamber carrying a sheathed blade.
"They was hidden behind one of the bunks!"
The mob gathers around, and it is unsheathed, revealing an ornately wrought katana, flecked with blood. All eyes turn to the owner, for it was her room where the blade was found.
"I've used that blade, but it was to kill the beasts who are trying to kill us!"
However, no one believes her. She is brought out to the headsman's block where Camilla was executed just a few short days ago, and the swift swing of a heavy axe ends her life.

Opopanax, Delphine, Town Vigilante has been executed Day 4

Night 4 begins now! If you have actions ready to go, give me like five minutes to clear my PM inbox.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

AXE COP, Gorza gra-Bagol, Vanilla Town, has been killed Night 4. Flavor will come in the morning because I am exhausted right now.

Day 5 Begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (9): Abyssal Squid, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Gabriel Pope, Glockenapfel, Good Sir, Meinberg, Rarity, ShadowGlass

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 01st, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 16 hours.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MODNOTE
If Good Sir were breaking the rules, he would be modkilled. He has not been modkilled, and therefore has not broken any rules. Stop asking me if he's breaking the rules. That's the only thing that I've confirmed, so all of you need to calm down.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Chic Trombone, Ulfric Stormcloak, Vampire Executioner, has fulfilled her win condition and exits the game!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Night 5 begins, send me your actions!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

22 Last Seed 4E201

Solitude

The palace in in an uproar this morning. Rumors swirl that there has been a murder, and of one of the Jarl's closest confidants no less. You enter the palace and see Sybille Stentor, Elisif's court wizard, slaughtered in her bed. Her golden eyes are glazed over, and hee skin sloughs off into ashen dust.

Epsilon Plus, Sybille Stentor, Vampire, has been killed Night 5.

Deadline will be Wednesday at 8PM EST. Day 6 begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

With six alive, it's four votes to execute.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Oh hey I was supposed to post a flip wasn't I?

22 Last Seed 4E201

Morthal

Recently, a fire destroyed a home in the city, and claimed the lives of two of its residents, one of them a young child. The Jarl has ordered a search be made for the culprit, and you have tracked them to a small cave outside of the city. You enter, torches and axes in hand, and descend to the depths. At the bottom of the cave, you find a robed man sitting on a throne. There is a struggle, but he is no match for your numbers. You tie him to a stake and light a fire underneath him. His body burns to an ashen dust.

ShadowGlass, Movarth Piquine, Vampire has been executed Day 6.

As a boon for hammering scum, Gabriel Pope, Falion, Town Miller is modconfirmed as town.

Night 6 begins! I will start the next day as soon as I have all the actions.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Final Votecount for Day 6:
Votecount for Day 6

ShadowGlass (4): Gabriel Pope, Gabriel Pope, Gabriel Pope, Meinberg, Gabriel Pope, Abyssal Squid, Good Sir, Gabriel Pope
Gabriel Pope (2): ShadowGlass, Rarity
Abyssal Squid (0): Rarity, Rarity
Rarity (0): ShadowGlass, ShadowGlass

Not Voting (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 04th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Day 7 starts soon!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

23 Last Seed 4E201

Morthal

A new day dawns, and all of you are present save one. The man who lit the fire under Movarth's feet and proved himself a true ally to the people of Skyrim lies dead in the center of town.

Gabriel Pope, Falion, Town Miller has been killed Night 6.

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. Day 7 begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Abyssal Squid, Ri'saad, Town Inventor has been executed Day 7. Sorry this took so long, I'm struggling with some personal poo poo. Night actions please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Good Sir, Jarl Idgrod Ravencrone, Vampire Oracle has been killed N7!

Meinberg, Drevis Neloren, Town Hider has been endgamed and converted into a Werewolf!

Rarity, Sinding, Werewolf, Anonymous Narcotics, Skjor, Werewolf, and Meinberg, Drevis Neloren, Werewolf Ninja have won!

I'll probably do a longer post mortem analysis later, but for now I have a winter BBQ to go to.

• Locked thread