Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Put me down for this, but I'd better die in time for Fast Food Mascots Mafia (aka F2M2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh wow this is awkward, 19-player mafia goes fast :{} Also confirming!

Now to see what the hell has happened so far

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh all I really missed was modchat okay. I've never played Skyrim, can you spawn thousands of watermelons in it, watermelon exploits are pretty much the most important part of any game.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Asiina posted:

I don't think there are watermelons but you can fill a house with cheese wheels.

Okay cheese is better than melons anyway, now I want some cheese :{

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

If comics are to believed then it doesn't really matter what skills you start out with because you can max them out and level everything else? Or is that a playstyle thing like hoarding megalixers on the last boss because "what if I need them later in the fight."

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Wait so why's Asiina suspicious but not CapitalistPig?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

This is probably gonna bite me in the rear end but I feel like Chili's gotta be town because there's no way scum would act so dopey on day 1.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Opopanax posted:

You'd be surprised

That's where it turns around and bites me in the rear end!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I don't really like the case against Rarity either because fakeclaiming on your first contentpost seems like a super dumb thing to do, but straight-up claiming your actual flavor is pretty dumb too. If you don't know who your character is, ask outside the thread! Ask someone who has nothing to do with SA so there's no chance of spoiling the jury.

I'd rather vote for a lurker than somebody who's said anything at all, but with 10 votes to kill I don't know if it'd be possible to build a bandwagon on someone in particular in time. I'll vote for Rarity or Byers if it'll make 'em claim, though, or if nobody better comes along.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

That's my inexperience showing through then. I guess there's still plenty of time for more people to come around and share their two cents, but in the meantime I looked at Rarity's posts again and everything after Ecco's "aha your scum is showing!" feels like trying to hope that people ignore Ecco without having to contribute anything herself. That makes me feel a little better about the case.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I've played in a couple of games before, but day 1 is still really confusing to me, especially since there's been clear choices before (like the guy saying "hey we shouldn't kill anyone on day 1"). I mostly to see everybody say something before I jump on the first bandwagon of the game.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I think I've got expectations set way too high for what town can accomplish on day 1. :I

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

##unvote ##vote rarity

straight up she just scumclaimed. she got a fakeclaim because she's a scumbo and she's trying to slip that fakeclaim "accidentally" to make it seem legitimate.

let's do this toot toot

Chili posted:

It doesn't matter if this is a thing you do or not, you claimed a character that has ties to one of the two warring factions. It's highly likely that these two factions are making up our scum team. The mod went out of their way to explain to us that flavor plays a role in alignment.

Wait so Rarity claimed Hadvar, is Hadvar supposed to be obviously town (because it's a fakeclaim) or is the guy obviously scum? :confused:

Chili your argument against Rarity doesn't make any sense, and neither did pouncing on Asiina for talking to CPig about Skyrim. Your flip day 1 "oh he's town" comments without anything to back them up are also really weird.

##vote Chili

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

36 hours. We are 36 hours from deadline, and Black Hole Cephalopod is talking about not having time to build a bandwagon? Squid, how long do you think it realistically takes to get a majority vote on someone if 36 hours isn't enough time?

I genuinely have no clue, I've only been in a couple of games before and never in a really big one. I also have no idea what town is supposed to accomplish on Day 1 other than "make sure you kill somebody," and Meinberg says "it shouldn't be a lurker." Beyond that I've got the wikis, which don't really have any advice for Day 1.

Also everybody loves the ocean depths, home of the critters.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I was making lousy train-of-thought posts, which now I realize clutter up the thread and generally make things harder for town, especially in large games. I moved from "this case is unsupported but there's nothing better atm" to "there's some tenuous support for this case" which yeah, shouldn't have merited a post. Beyond that, there wasn't really anything to comment on at the time.

I need to get some sleep. :I

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Nice scumslip CPig, you used the wrong font. :smug:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

So has the case on Rarity moved beyond "she said a thing, it's possible she wasn't being truthful so let's squint at it really hard and maybe we can figure out if it's a lie without any other context" yet? Other than CPig, who's offering the very helpful "she's scum."

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

The whole last page looks like arguing in circles about the meaning of her saying "I'm Hadvar," if there's more to it than that then yes I missed it.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I wrote a response and then deleted it because I agree I don't think this is headed anywhere constructive unless someone thinks I'm scum.

The case on Rarity is so weak that I think between you, Chili, and Ecco there's probably one scum from each team and one town. I really doubt that two scum from the same team would put themselves so far out there together though.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Why did you put those three names, specifically, together? Sandwolf, Chili, and Ecco, that's a very specific list.

They're the people who've voted for Rarity.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not counting CPig because have you been paying attention to him? He's just throwing random votes around, he's not arguing "Rarity claimed flavor so it must be a fakeclaim." I don't like his votes either but he doesn't have anything to say about Rarity in particular.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

But either you think he's town, or you think that one of the scum teams have had two people vote Rarity today. If your case on these three is that no scum team would vote more than one person per player, there's a disconnect if you ignore players that have voted. Right?

I don't think we can say anything about CPig right now except for the meta argument that he doesn't normally do this. I doubt a scum team would agree to stick together in pushing a flimsy case on town and committing to it with votes, but a drive-by vote doesn't say anything.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Seriously, mods, start giving me guns so I can shoot people who make meta arguments. Especially ones like this.

I'm not making that argument! I'm just saying that's the only case that's been made other than "he's being annoying and I want him to die because of that regardless of alignment" which is totally fair.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I disagree applebell. it's customary in our community to use vigilante kills as soon as possible (because we are terrible but that's another discussion). He used it poorly - which I can understand and I find very voteable - but right now it doesn't look like him having a vig and using it is in and of itself scummy.

Assuming Opopanax is telling the truth, he picked the worst possible vig candidate, because even if Asiina was fakeclaiming scum she'd have been killed immediately by the other scum team anyway. On top of that, there were only two nightkills, which means that one scum team killed fiery_valkyrie and the other:

1) Chose to kill Asiina at the same time as Opopanax.
2) Had their killer get roleblocked.
3) Chose to kill somebody else, who turned out to be protected.
4) Chose not to kill anybody at all. Also, CPig is a jester.
5) Maybe both scum teams targeted Asiina, canceled out, Opopanax's vig went through, and there's also a serial killer who killed fiery_valkyrie for some reason. Also, Byers and Ecco are lovers and death millers.

At best Opopanax isn't paying any attention at all. More likely, he's scum and there were only two kills last night because only scum have nightkills.

##vote Opopanax

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Why would I claim then?

It's not what I would do, but a gambit to say "hey I'm town, oh hey look at this person who died at night, that was me sorry they turned out to be town, okay my power is used up no need to investigate me further" would do it. Or else setting up the town power roles to investigate you, either hoping that there's no cop, or you're a godfather and would get cleared by cop.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Opopanax posted:

That does sound like something I would try. I haven't been scum in so long and miss it dearly

Yeah putting it in words like that makes it sound pretty fun.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Gabe, what are you going to do when I flip town and Ecco flips scum?

Man I'm actually leaning toward voting Ecco here, but goddamnit this isn't helping.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Ecco, in response to CPig's entry to D2, fakeclaimed doc to draw out a counter. Ecco, when pressed about doing so, pretended it never happened.

I am trying to force the thread to either join me and vote out the scum, Ecco, or vote me out before this game drives me insane.

That was pretty clearly not a real claim dogg. That said I'm 100% in favor of this because yeah as long as you two are both alive the thread is gonna be impossible to read.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Why? It's a serious question; Gabe has spend thousands of words typing up me as scum and Ecco as town today. I've said previously I think he's overplaying his hand as a scumbro of Ecco's. Notice how he dodged the question in response.

You said "I'm town and Ecco's scum. Check :smug:" If you're actually trying for a serious answer that's not gonna get it, and behold! It came to pass that you did not get a serious answer.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

You should vote for Byers then because he's the one who is screaming and drooling

Byers you should vote for yourself.

You should vote yourself.

Byers. byers. byers.

byers byers byers.

vote youself

For the record, this was a single post. :stare:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers just do the arena thing already, jeez.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

How was it pretty clearly not a real claim?

"Oh look town died at night, I'd better claim to have protected them as doctor, this makes sense. Claiming doctor at the dawn of Day 2 is a thing someone would do."

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Seriousposting "Thunderdoming" is where a player initiates a "thunderdome" where everyone in the town agrees to only vote out one of the two players being Thunderdomed.

It's a really loving stupid practice and I don't think I've ever actually seen it performed.

Oh I thought Byers was claiming a duelist action, there was one in the last game I was in but that was role madness so idk. It was basically a dayvig that's determined by a vote, and didn't end the day.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Hey Applebell and Deep Ocean Squid

What can I do to get you to join me on a byers vote? What would you like to see?

Basically if Byers doesn't pull out the duel action I thought he was claiming, then I'm gonna vote for him.

Ideally I'd vote for both of you but it sounds like that's not an option.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

What am I at, -3?

I'm Danica Pure-Spring, Priest of Kynareth. I'm the loving Doctor Ecco tried to draw out.

There's my flavor breadcrumb back in jokephase. Now can we please, please lynch Ecco?

welp

##vote Ecco

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Squid and glocken
vote ecco, Opop is a dumb vote.

Yeah I realized just before all this that scum or not he's probably gonna die anyway, unless two better targets show themselves.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Well with two scumteams, even if Byers is scum he's probs gonna get nightkilled for his claim, so there's not much point in voting for him now.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

And if he somehow survives the night then yeah that's probably due to a scum doctor, good news he's confirmed as scum.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Except he can protect himself apparently, so that's not really assured at all.

if doctors can self-protect repeatedly, then the game setup is broken and the whole game is a formality. :I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Stepping outside "Ecco-who-is-scum" for a moment, starting tomorrow we need to tighten up on lurkers as well. Given the high rate of posts and volume of those posts, I could see some scum hiding and hoping to be overlooked.

AXE COP and Good Sir both have as many posts as Votefinder, at that point I think it's more cause for mod action than policy votes. Of course there's still 48 hours left in the Day so maybe they weren't expecting something like this to happen so soon. :{}

• Locked thread