Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

The USA could've lost last summer had Spain kept their poo poo together but they didn't. And had the USA not gotten gold last summer, qualifying for the Olympics wasn't even a sure thing since they've basically scheduled all the qualifying tournies for the next Olympics during both the NBA and NCAA season, which meant the US would be qualifying with some really low tier players. There was a provision that allows the Olympic Committee to name a team to the Olympics which probably would've happened because Nike is a heavy contributor and advertiser on the Olympics and USA Basketball is really important to Nike, but nothing was for sure there.

I hope Vince Carter drives to your house and dunks on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Time to go ice dick.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, now I want to watch a Developmental League Team USA compete.

USA is probably still gonna send a team to the Americas cup so you might get your wish.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sub Korver for Melo and east wins

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

nachos posted:

nah, westbrook breaks the record and wins the game for the west

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

nachos posted:

Korver, guard Cousins...

...West wins by 40

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

The USA could've lost last summer had Spain kept their poo poo together but they didn't. And had the USA not gotten gold last summer, qualifying for the Olympics wasn't even a sure thing since they've basically scheduled all the qualifying tournies for the next Olympics during both the NBA and NCAA season, which meant the US would be qualifying with some really low tier players. There was a provision that allows the Olympic Committee to name a team to the Olympics which probably would've happened because Nike is a heavy contributor and advertiser on the Olympics and USA Basketball is really important to Nike, but nothing was for sure there.
The USA sent a squad of internationally-based players to the World Championships during the '98 lockout and just about made the final, getting the bronze in the end.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Fun all star game.

CP3 got greedy, took a few bad missed layups instead of passing to Dirk and didn't let Westbrook try for the record.

Rick posted:

If Spain was a serious threat they wouldn't have lost to a French team missing some of their best players. The US was missing George, Love, and Durant. Spain got owned by Gobert. USA had Davis, Cousins, Drummond, and much better guards. If the US players cared more, they could have sent a better squad that would have beaten everyone by even more ridiculous margins.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 16, 2015

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

55 rebounds is more impressive imo

I suppose that's true that'd be neat too

and Shaq can gently caress right off to hell for his dumbass segment makin' fun of Clyde and his nice cow suit what a dumb bully Shaq is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

Fun all star game.

CP3 got greedy, took a few bad missed layups instead of passing to Dirk and didn't let Westbrook try for the record.

If Spain was a serious threat they wouldn't have lost to a French team missing some of their best players. The US was missing George, Love, and Durant. Spain got owned by Gobert. USA had Davis, Cousins, Drummond, and much better guards. If the US players cared more, they could have sent a better squad that would have beaten everyone by even more ridiculous margins.

The Gasol Brothers had games they probably would rather not remember against France. But had they played like they played in the rest of the tournament, France probably would've lost and they probably would've been a threat to Team USA.

• Locked thread