Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

I understand why Nisekoi and a fate series get :siren:s even though they are bad, but Shokugeki no Souma? All I've heard about that is that it's not as funny as Yakitate and is just kind of weird and boring.

it used to be funny but the tournament arc is long and boring, but the arc also just ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
One of my buds who has infintely better opinions than me has the biggest hard-on for Shokugeki no Souma so I anticipate praise for the anime. Still not really my thing, but as long as people can be entertained, I'm happy.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

i can't find anything to watch

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My Love Story!! is the only thing this season I'm super pumped for. It's going to be cheap as hell, but that team has already shown just how much they can do with cheap, so it's going to be loving great. I've only watched the spattering of recommended Gintama episodes over the years but I'm going to watch the new ones anyway and hope I don't get lost. I'm going to pretend that Sound! Euphonium is a done deal and definitely going to be good.

Punchline is an anime by MAPPA and written by 999 and Zero Escape author Kotaro Uchikoshi, and the description is missing the best part, which is the slogan "Once he sees underwear, humanity is destroyed!?" Preview video shows that it's exactly what you think it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBTeRK4k0Xk

Hopefully this is pervy fun instead of pervy dumb.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

Punchline is an anime by MAPPA and written by 999 and Zero Escape author Kotaro Uchikoshi, and the description is missing the best part, which is the slogan "Once he sees underwear, humanity is destroyed!?" Preview video shows that it's exactly what you think it is.

Holy poo poo.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 14, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

lol

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I think that one deserves a :siren:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

How about a :gizz:?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Do it.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

That's, uh, that's a thing.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Check it out.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

much like monogatari, this show's schoolgirl pantyshots are deep and not weird

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

:cumpolice::siren:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Lots of Wait And See shows this season. Green Lights:
FSNUBWLOL2
Euphonium
Lupin III
Ore Monogatari!!
Ninja thing from Trigger
SNAFU season 2

I might watch Digimon tri just because the character designs are done by the Cencoroll/Tsuritama guy.

Vote for Uta no Prince season 3 to get a rating of :gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Wasn't that Genshiken?

Indeed it was, and earns the honorary title of anime.gif on my hard drive

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Devil Tesla posted:

lol

I hope it's as completely insane as 999 and VLR.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Will watch ore monogatari because I've enjoyed shows with "gatari" in it in the past. Good enough reason I think.

Lupin III as well

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ore Monogatari, Digimon, Punchline, and then whatever people start recommending later on.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i hope that now that the UBW show has come back from its hiatus the animators have had time to perfect the drawing of saber's bare breasts and i am ready to see them animated on my television screen

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

here is a trailer for the Kyoani Beyond the Bounday movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJGEFKij6Q

the series was not that great but the Tamako Market movie was really good so maybe this movie will be the same.

----------------

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Kyoukai no Rinne
Brains Base, Seiki Sugawara - Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen, Supernatural
As a child Sakura Mamiya mysteriously disappeared in the woods behind her grandma's home. She returned whole and healthy, but since then she has had the power to see ghosts. Now a teenager, she just wishes the ghosts would leave her alone! At school, the desk next to Sakura's has been empty since the start of the school year. Then one day her always-absent classmate Rinne Rokudo shows up, and he's far more than what he seems!

Oh, goody. Yet another Rumiko Takahashi anime adaptation. 18 years, Takahashi. Are we gonna do this knife fight once again? ARE WE?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Welcome to the Spring Season 2015 thread!
TV

Arslan Senki/The Heroic Legend of Arslan
LIDEN FILMS, Noriyuki Abe - Fantasy, Adventure
In the prosperous kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a city of splendor and wonder, ruled by the undefeated and fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan is the young and curious prince of Pars who, despite his best efforts, doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a proper king like his father. At the age of 14, Arslan goes to his first battle and loses everything as the blood-soaked mist of war gives way to scorching flames, bringing him to face the demise of his once glorious kingdom. However, it is Arslan's destiny to be a ruler, and despite the trials that face him, he must now embark on a journey to reclaim his fallen kingdom.

Apparently this has been around for ages, but I was only aware of the Arakawa adaptation currently ongoing. Sounds like this will be sharing her style, which rules.

I'm on board.

quote:

Baby Steps 2
Studio Pierrot, Masahiko Murata - Comedy, Sport, Romance
Eiichirō Maruo, a first year honor student, one day decides he is unhappy with the way things are and lacks exercise. He finds a flier for the Tennis Club and decides to check it out. He is instantly captivated by it. With no prior experience and poor physical conditioning, he embarks on a tennis journey using his smarts, dedication and work ethic. He uses his inherent studious nature to develop an extremely strategic approach to tennis, taking notes on the habits and tendencies of his opponents thus allowing him to predict their shots before they make them.

Hell yes more of Nerd Tennis! It was sharing a sports anime thread here back in the fall, where ViggyNash wrote some really excellent informative bits after a bunch of episodes comparing to real tennis. It's been in my queue since the end of the season, and I will be watching this too.

quote:

:siren:Hibike! Euphonium/Sound! Euphonium
Kyoto Animation, Tatsuya Ishihara - Music, School, Slice of Life
The anime begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school's brass band club as a first year. Kumiko's classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school...

Is this going to be anything like Kids on the Slope, or is the music a premise interchangeable with any other competitive club?

quote:

Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront
Bones, Rie Matsumoto - Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Super Power, Supernatural, Vampire
A breach between Earth and the netherworlds has opened up over the city of New York, trapping New Yorkers and creatures from other dimensions in an impenetrable bubble. They've lived together for years, in a world of crazy crime sci-fi sensibilities. Now someone is threatening to sever the bubble, and a group of stylish superhumans is working to keep it from happening.

Crazy enough to work with good gags, or terrible? I'll give it 3 episodes.

quote:

:siren:Ninja Slayer From Animation
Trigger, Akira Amemiya - Action
Kenji Fujikido is a salaryman whose wife and child were killed in a ninja turf war. In a brush with his own death, Fujikido is possessed by an enigmatic ninja soul known as Naraku Ninja. Fujikido cheats death and becomes “Ninja Slayer” - a Grim Reaper destined to kill evil ninja, committed to a personal war of vengeance. Set in the dystopian underworld of Neo-Saitama, Ninja Slayer takes on Soukai Syndicate ninja in mortal combat.

Same as above.

quote:

Shokugeki no Souma
J.C. Staff, Yoshitomo Yonetani - Comedy, Cooking, Shounen
Souma works with his dad at his family's restaurant. His dad is a culinary master, and he often hosts cooking battles with his father. His father then enrolls him in an elite culinary school that is very difficult to enter, and the graduation rate is only about 10 percent.
:words: Manga Thread

This manga is amazing and if they catch even a tenth of it the anime will be enjoyable.

Another season without a Onepunchman adaptation? :sigh:

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
The author of the novel The Heroic Legend of Arslan is Yoshiki Tanaka, who also wrote Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Tytania.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The Devil Tesla posted:

I understand why Nisekoi and a fate series get :siren:s even though they are bad, but Shokugeki no Souma? All I've heard about that is that it's not as funny as Yakitate and is just kind of weird and boring.

The art is good but the writing is terrible.

You have to suspend your disbelief really hard when the students at the world's top culinary school are taken unaware in a food competition by the secret technique of American smoked BBQ or pushing the boundaries of what a burger is by putting meat inside a rice bun.

Also the female lead(?) is a tsundere rich girl who has been on the front cover for 105 chapters and has had no plot relevance this entire time aside from "is haughty".

Also the last arc had the stupidest ending.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
If they get far enough to at least animate the Jojo posing, it'll all be worth it in the end. My enjoyment of Shokugeki no Souma is primarily everyone's reactions which grow more and more outlandish as the series progresses anyways.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Finally we're getting the second ep of the Gargantia OVA jeez

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I already know I'm watching Nisekoi, Nagato-Yuki Chan, I can't understand what my husband is saying, and Digimon just because they're sequels/spinoffs. Ore Monogatari!! is already on my trial list, and I'm sure the thread will recommend more.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

already looking forward to the posters in the ubw thread and by 'looking forward to' i mean 'i hope 90% of them die in real life'

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Im looking forward to lots of hot and sexy pictures of saber getting posted

----------------

aers
Feb 15, 2012

i cant wait to see what hot new digital fx spew ufotable's team has come up with this time to distract people from the fact that they cant actually animate

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Saber is boring.

Sorry, Richard.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

see what i mean

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad I never got into Type-Moon stuff and just listen to the soundtracks.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Melty Blood is real good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

type-moon stuff is pretty good the fanbase is just awful, as are the people who really intensely hate typemoon stuff

also

everythingWasBees posted:

Melty Blood is real good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll look it up, I haven't been good at a fighting game since 1998 but I still keep buying them.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

so typemoon fans are the Tool fans of anime?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Final Fantasy fans. Though I guess that's already anime enough.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

The Final Fantasy fans. Though I guess that's already anime enough.

Yeah, Final Fantasy is just an interactive anime, and it's debatable how interactive it really is.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Type Poon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

so typemoon fans are the Tool fans of anime?
id say more like the star wars fans

theres people who just like the stuff and then move on and then there's people who have gigantic nerd debates over unimportant minutiae and write huge epic fanfiction

theres even published fanfiction, like fate/zero

• Locked thread