Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lupin III - I'm going to give Lupin a shot and see if it's good, usually the TV series are pretty good and I'm not even expecting it to be better than Fujiko Mine. I might just give it a few eps because I'm pretty burnt out on anime right now.

My Love Story!! because you'd have to be a monster to not watch it.

Ninja Slayer because the novel is pretty funny. Whoever makes the thread please title it Ninja Slayer - I'll break your karate and send you off to jigoku-hell

I'll check out Saint Seiya to see what it's about but I think it's just going to be a rehash of the Gold Saint arc so I'm not super excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm gonna watch it, it looks fun

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Miracle Yang deserves better, Dilbert As gently caress. Come the gently caress on.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Oh cross ange is bad?

I liked the fact the female focus isn't spineless or cripple to male characters, and for once the male lead has some level of sensibility.

The characters have subtle growth which makes them likable, characters act within reason and respond logistically to what they are handed. It doesn't take itself too seriously and does what it set out to do. Don't get me wrong I love anime on par with LOGH and stuff but CA is super fun.

Honestly I am just glad this show distances itself from moeshit and gives the characters heart.

CA established the anime it was from ep 1, I like that. Samflam/AMP/CA have been keeping up the fun, sad to say I can't see spring 2015 with any great shows like this....

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyeXeF8Xmis

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

jim: zub zub

jim: whatchyou want

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I can see the post, but I'm not going to tell you what it is.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Shukaro posted:

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

anime is good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm surprised nobody seems to even have TV/VHS rips of the Toonami run lying around. I watch most stuff dubbed anyways so I'd totally take that over HK subs.

There's only dubs of the first 26 episodes is the issue. I found a streaming site that had good subs of the last half of the show, but I have no idea what it was called or even if it's still around anymore. :(

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Not knowing when Lupin is going to air is freaking me out.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

This is a multipost entirely on accident, I assure you.

I don't think you should be afraid to multipost, especially when your posts are good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This is me displaying multipost solidarity with forums poster Sharkopath

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

What's a Ghost Trick.

Hey look, a ghost!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Haha, tricked you.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Arslan Senki - Good.

BBB - Good.

Ore Monogatari - Good.

Watching lots of good anime this season.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I like the Arslan OP, it's not a bad song, just an ill fitting one.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Dick Spacious posting will continue to run non-stop. That is the calling of a CPA. They make jokes and post better than anyone. They can easily post over people's expectations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ninja Slayer is good and funny.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Uznare posted:

Ninja Slayer owns because it's trigger taking the piss out of a lovely tryhard novel by some dorks. You can clearly see some hints of real animation near the end of the first episode but they preferred to just take the piss because the material sucks.

There's also this: https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/588949794116263936

Which kinda hints that they knew people would be really mad at their joke.

The viewster subs are also in on the joke, because they were done by Quarkboy of anime sols fame.

I'm pretty sure the novel is supposed to be a joke too, unless the authors expect us to take the yeearts, aieees and black skinhead yakuza seriously.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That was the best Godzilla homage episode I never expected.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I've got some websites you're gonna wanna check out

Edit: Links removed, severely misread that post.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It should haveliterally been Blade Runner, only everyone is a moe girl.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharky is a shill working for Nightow, which is okay because BBB is really good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I want to watch anime.

e: wait, this isn't the chat thread.

ee: but I do want to watch fresh seasonal anime.

Any thread in this great forum is open to those who want to watch.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

what is your av from

Cyber City Oedo 808

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The original Japanese version is kind of disappointing in comparison, even if it has a killer cast.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I dunno, I appreciate that we've turned from a French coffeehouse into Bartertown.

Who is Master Blaster in this analogy

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Also the band in Euphonium marched to YMO last week, which was amazing.

Link?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

RYDEEN :allears:

I guess I'm off to watch Hibike!! Euphonium, then.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

littleorv posted:

What are the good shows that are currently airing and being simulcast? I like having shows to look forward to every week.
I'm currently keeping up with:

My Love Story
Fate/Stay Night
Jojo

You should add BBB and Arslan Senki to that list!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I drink tea without milk and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Namtab posted:

The mental capacity act 2007 states that you have the right to make unwise choices

Good, I make nothing but.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think I am going to make tea and try it with milk as an act of solidarity with UK posters.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Clean up all the raw sewage in my kitchen, presumably.

Why are you drinking your tea off the floor

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I have tried tea w/ milk. Is good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Namtab I take back my former tea and milk defiance. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Chai, Star Wars, the blonde one.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Level Slide posted:

I mean, sure Return had the ewoks, but I thought they were relatively inoffensive. Had it been a weaker movie, then yeah I would have held the ewoks against it. Thankfully it was Return of the Jedi.

*nods*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm gonna watch Ushio to Tora, it seems like a cool yokai anime.

• Locked thread