Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aers
Feb 15, 2012

i can't find anything to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

much like monogatari, this show's schoolgirl pantyshots are deep and not weird

aers
Feb 15, 2012

i cant wait to see what hot new digital fx spew ufotable's team has come up with this time to distract people from the fact that they cant actually animate

aers
Feb 15, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Ninja Slayer because Trigger, though it's not being directed by Imaishi who I assume is still working on LWA2.

Boy it sure would be nice if Imaishi was working on LWA2

Mybe he'll do one cut

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfC8x-5VPhM

Blood Blockade Battlefront PV.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Looks like a pretty standard Ikuko Ito design to me, what were people expecting

aers
Feb 15, 2012

she's been at satelight for a while now.

unfortunately.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

the writing was on the wall when the studio was announced sorry man

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Sounds like you want a kids show.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I loving hate Madoka it ruined my life

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Endorph posted:

im still confused and unnerved by people who think madoka was trying to deliver a sick own on normal magical girl shows, or that those shows deserved some sort of sick own

lol if you dont critically analyze the plot holes in entertainment written for 3 year old girls

aers
Feb 15, 2012

drat.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its rie matsumoto's first thing since she left toei for bones after kyousougiga, so it should be OK since they haven't managed to siphon off all her talent yet like they did to igarashi.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Nat posted:

Liking Kyoukai no Kanata for its storytelling is rather suspect. I can understand why someone would enjoy it for say the visuals and maybe one or two characters but it was a snoozefest in every other category. Although, this is all just my opinion of course. To get back on track with Blood Blockade Battlefront, I hope a list of episode directors comes out soon, but knowing animation studios we won't see anything until a week before it airs. BONES needs to bring out their A-team for this Nightow adaption. And going back to that run cycle I want to say it was Yutapon because of the smears but I won't really know until I see the credits for the episode. :smith:

BBB has Bones C Studio's producer but an outsource studio's worklog credited the show to Bones A Studio. Bones is planning on making 4 shows this year so they'll be pretty busy but they were already working on episode 4 of BBB in December so its looking super far ahead.

Anime websites dont post more than one episode's staff in advance (and a lot dont do this), episode staff information comes from magazines. 1, maybe 2 will be in Newtype/Animedia/Animage on March 10th, but the episode director for 1 is going to be Rie Matsumoto sooooooo. Unless you meant AD. 3-6 staff will be April 10th.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

Usually the ratio is different, that said we should let the yaoi/husbando demographic co-opt the most awful part of moe animus around if they want to of course. Cor I love that lesbian subtext that goes nowhere except maybe creepy fanservice depending on the show, great stuff imo, this is why I watch the animes. And only with this context can I understand the appeal of Kuroko no Basket and vise versa, so they're educational too!

Good poo poo m8.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

They decided to go the Ikkitousen/Queens Blade route of clothing being paper thin while also making the cast 8 years old again, yes

aers
Feb 15, 2012

nanoha and fate never got married wtf

aers
Feb 15, 2012

drat so fate's a pedophile now

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Endorph posted:

nanoha is 19 in strikers

the picture he linked is adult fate holding child nanoha

this is what i was talking about

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

gently caress you.

she probably did, give that she's the 1% of voice actors who doesn't really need to do a lot (or any) VA work to stay afloat. she just likes anime. even cross ange. bad taste imo.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

if you think nana mizuki , of all vas, is scrambling to take roles just to make ends meet, then everyone else is homeless

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its you, you're the creepy target audience.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

so VNs are a bad thing, whats new

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

The funimation page for Jormungand says, before mentioning anything else, "From the producers of Black Lagoon". Ugggggggg.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=35968
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=52022

am i missing something here

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Its actually moving from its original timeslot (8:30 AM on Sundays, which competes directly with Precure) to 6 PM on Mondays, so who knows.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

PotU posted:

is teekyuu popular in japan or something or why does it have 4 seasons and a spin-off

its a really good and funny show though

one guy makes teekyuu entirely by himself. its his thing. after mappa's maruyama said "we wont be doing more teekyuu" (after s3) he went and made his own "studio" to make season 4. his studio is probably his apartment or something.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Endorph posted:

that guy and his cat did in-betweens for terror in resonance and wake up girls

he did NOT do not slander itagaki

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I don't, I just read them for the plot.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

But who would get excited about Symphogear.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Srice posted:

The rollercoaster is broken, and the power has been shut off.

It's not moving at all.

pretty good summary of whats actually happening at sunrise re: production of akito

aers
Feb 15, 2012

wielder posted:

That is surprisingly not true anymore. Going by all objective data, they're actually finishing it this year.

Akito 3 is literally on its way to theaters (May 2nd) and part 4 will follow shortly (July 4th).

They're also moving the marketing machine again and re-broadcasting the first two chapters on TV.

they were supposed to release the entire thing within one year (2 or 3 months between episodes, I can't remember what the writer said). you'll note how well that went. the only reason part 3 is even coming out is because they shifted a ton of production staff off origin and some other things just to get it done because the akito staff hosed up. part 4 will most likely be delayed but sure i expect it'll come out in 2015.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

wielder posted:

More or less. They were originally aiming for a Gundam Unicorn-style release schedule, which was supposed to be about two chapters per year (one every 5 or 6 months). That didn't happen and even Unicorn itself had a couple of long delays. Presumably this wasn't a high priority project for the studio in comparison. We could pointlessly speculate and nitpick each other to death about that, but it wouldn't matter.

Here's the thing...when the previous delays happened, they had never given out specific dates. Just open-ended terms like "Spring 2014" that were never more than wishful thinking. I think they're being more specific this time and, for that matter, doing what Sunrise announced last spring season: delay 3 and 4 in order to work on them at the same time, thus shortening the gap between them. I don't know what they're doing behind the scenes in order to accomplish that, but I don't think it's a bad move. I don't presume delaying part four is impossible. Just less likely than before and probably still coming out within the year at most. And hey...if they do meet the July 4th release date, I won't complain.

look my uncle works at sunrise ok

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Please stop making fun of me for not having a way.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

http://www.bones.co.jp/test_wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/KEKKAI_pv1.mp4

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

was that guy's name Steven A Starphase? this show wins an award for best names

yes

aers
Feb 15, 2012

White is an anime original character, a magazine article announced her.. last month maybe.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its 2 cour

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

lol wtf is this?

betting all the girls in that GAINAX magical girl thing are based on Subaru cars

its a pretty safe bet that in the collab project between gainax and subaru things are based on subaru cars

aers
Feb 15, 2012

also that video is a PV for "A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist", a show exploring just how funny sexual assault is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

quote:

Hirotaka Akagi's original light novels' story is set 16 years after the "Law for Public Order and Morals in Healthy Child-Raising" banned coarse language in the country. Tanukichi Okuma enrolls in the country's leading elite public morals school and is soon invited into the Anti-Societal Organization (SOX) by its founder, Ayame Kajō. As a member blackmailed into joining by Ayame, Tanukichi ends up taking part in obscene acts of terrorism against the talented student council president Anna (for whom Tanukichi has a crush).

Obscene Acts of Terrorism, also known as Probably Sexual Assault

• Locked thread