Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Terrible stuff I'll be watching next season:
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?/Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?; (fyi - the MC meets up with Hestia before he starts dungeon-diving, at least going by the LN)
Nisekoi s2; I am a huge dork for the series, and s2 should boast more Marika antics
Grisaia no Meikyuu; I've only been partially spoiled on what happens since the VN isn't translated
Owari no Seraph; whose translation hasn't moved in quite a while :( the anime will easily clear past the stalling-point in TLs
Shokugeki no Souma; oh god, why does this have the ecchi tag? I hope it's referring to the food :ohdear:
SNAFU s2; 8man is the hero we deserve, but not the hero we need right now.
UBW s2; time for more of UFO-table's fantastic animation and fight scenes :swoon:
Yamada and the Seven Witches; which I prefer over the author's other work Yankee-kun and Megane-chan. Let the hunt begin

Possibly terrible stuff I'll likely end up watching:
Ore Monogatari; everyone seems to think it's cool
Denpa Kyoushi
Etotama

There's a bit more than I thought, honestly. Initially I thought I was only going to be watching about 3 sequels and Yamada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

coathat posted:

This ain't true It runs in the English version of Jump.
It does? That might be why the scanlations stopped at chapter 20, thanks for the info!

Sakurazuka posted:

Are there much in the way of details on the new Lupin III tv series? Just wondering if any of the people who worked on Fujiko Mine or Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone are involved, or if it's going to be more 'traditional' Lupin.
Hence the 'possibly' list :v:

Sharkopath posted:

Hmmmm yeah, The chihayafuru cast making an adaption of a really good and funny comic instead of all the worthless poo poo I'm watching instead, better put it on the terrible list.
Sorry but if I end up liking it, then chances are it's bad

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

darkgray posted:

Vol 6 of the Japanese light novel has her down as "Ais Wallenstein", if that's better. Not sure where this Eyes thing originates from.
Even the licenced English localization has it as Aiz, probably just a mistranslation from where Lucy got the summary

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

90% of the cast is incredibly boring and nothing really interesting happens except for the waver/rider relationship and its conclusion
This is true. Rider and Wave were the absolute best characters in F/Z but the rest just kind of meandered through the plotpoints to reach the ending.
I had hope for Kiritsugu, but even he wasn't al lthat interesting to watch. Maybe it's just because they all looked so bland in comparison to the superior master/servant duo

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Also realtalk Richard Spacious, what's your beef with this franchise anyway?
Probably the lack of this:

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

hot and sexy pictures of saber

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

To go with his Kirito look, he's probably going to get Kirito's VA

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

Honestly the thing I've really noticed about Madoka influencing later anime are way more shallow. Like drill hair coming back into vogue.

Drill hair is the coolest

Sharkopath posted:

her name is k.k.
Picked up

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

coathat posted:

Maybe. I think its got a different studio and director.
The new artmakes 8man not look like some kind if creepy rapist, which is a good call.

icantfindaname posted:

you're demonstrating both sexes can have awful opinions. a real step forwards for gender equality

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

he's supposed to be a weirdo though

Weirdo yes, but the old character design made it a lot harder to be sympathetic towards him after he went full Batman last season.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I'm sorry what?

Chaika had some nice "what the gently caress am I watching" and was fun to watch with friends, anything beyond that. Welp, suit yourself on determinating that anime.

I just like poo poo over the top and out of the way since I can't find anything like LoGH, Samflam, ABP, FMP, GTO, Space Cobra, Lupin, etc.
Where CA is concerned, I think you mean 'up the bottom'

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Forgot the first episode already? Because the rest of ADTRW haven't, which is why there's so much antagonism towards it.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Speaking of survival series', is Cage of Eden worth getting back into? I lost track of it a few years ago (probably around chapter 120ish)

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

.Clash posted:

From what I hear the ending was pretty terrible and rushed.

Darth Walrus posted:

The ending was a nonsensical goddamned disaster. Not worth your investment.
That's a shame, it was reasonably interesting for the first few arcs or so. Kinda like Lost before they found polar bears on a tropical island that will explode if someone doesn't push the "don't blow up" button periodically.
So it sounds like it continued to be like Lost right through to the end...

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

the guren was cool and also allowed for rear end shots. the pinnacle of mech design

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

buzmeg posted:

Um, do the voice actors actually know anything substantial about an anime before they're actually signed up to do the work?

Most anime scripts are being written on the fly, no?

Hataraku Maou-sama was great, but nobody in their right mind would have predicted that going in given the absolutely cliched premise.
For perspective, only two cast members of the Game of Thrones have actually read the novels so I'll leave it up to your imagination.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

:thejoke:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

PotU posted:

i do not loving love science if they cant even provide me with my very own slime girl chan

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

darkgray posted:

Trailer for Rokka no Yuusha, one of the light novel titles I'm enjoying the most these days. Fantasy action/mystery. Anime out in July, apparently, with the Spice & Wolf director.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0udZvMp7IVE
I'm glad the art is a few steps up from that in the LN.
I always imagined Hans talking like Nyanta from Log Horizon, here's hoping he's got the same VA

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

It's a fantasy setting. The seal on the not-demon overlord is broken and as per tradition, 6 of the strongest people are chosen (via a flower emblem appearing on their body) to head into the not-demon territory and take down the overlord. When they all meet up, stuff happens since there's actually 7 'chosen' when they all meet up. The MC not being a generic swordsman prodigy is a nice change.

The first and third arcs were really solid and cool, and left me second-guessing myself a lot as to what's really going on. I can't wait to see how they pull those off in anime form.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

How *does* the main character fight? I couldn't really tell from the PV. Throwing knives?
He mostly uses traps, darts, explosives and stuff

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

thats one of the trapped in the game ones right?

PASS.

ULTRA PASS.

PASS OF THE NORTH STAR.
The twist is that the MC is a literal undead overlord with a labyrinth full of heteromorphic NPCs at his command.
It's a pretty drat cool 'stuck in an MMO' setting, tbh

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Who's making the Haruhi thread? I'm not sure if I can extract my eyeballs from the back of my head for long enough to compile one.
I might in the next day or two while I have some spare time

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

You still have that name wrong in the OP. It's Ais Wallenstein, not Eyes Warenstein

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Can't actually watch Funi's stuff where I live so
I doubt that's going to change either, considering there's still people on Youtube who upload videos unwatchable outside of the US

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Anatharon posted:

How so?

Wait...

This isn't Dark Tzitzimimeze???
WickedHate will always be the badly-drawn Sonic.
Dark Titzhime was possibly the person to give her that avatar though

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

look for it under its Japanese name, Kekkai Sensen
That explains why I couldn't find out when it aired on AniChart, I was searching for Blood for the Blood God Brigade or whatever

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Good news! Highschool of the Dead author's other titty-driven series is airing this season, now with 100% more of kater's expectations

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Why do all the lovely light novels get adaptions and Baccano still hasn't gotten a 2nd season?
Obviously because it's worse than the average LN :v:

Source: titty demon sister is getting a 2nd season already

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What is titty demon sister
A trashy LN adaptation that only just finished airing, and has already had a new season announced

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches aired today and it's a pretty faithful adaptation for what I remember of the beginning.

I really liked it and the VA's seem to be having fun with the show as well. Will probably make a new thread for it.

So far the VAs are all a good fit for their respective characters. Yamada-kun is cool and good, I hope it keeps it up.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Also, the MC actually starts dating someone which is a real rarity in the harem genre.
There's a bunch of girls that like Yamada for various reasons, but he's only got eyes for one person.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

But...but dick, didn't they say you would get banned for posting in adtrw again...

*Zorak leaps out of the shadows*
"My time has come once more!"
*hits the ban button on poor Dick*

Welcome back, for however long it takes for some fun-hater to report you

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I would rather they spend half a year + doing Harry Potter again but with girls than try stuff like KLK

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

I too am unsurprised at DT being a better person than us all.

I also support Dark Titzhime in his endeavours.

Is KanColle honestly as bad as goons say it is? A lot of Weiss players in my area run KanColle decks so it can't be that bad, right?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Is it going to have actual gameplay unlike the mobile 'game'?
Nah, it's going to be another digital CCG and we all know it

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://www.viewster.com/serie/1309-19449-000/ninja-slayer/
If you're in their region (Italy, Portugal, Spain, Middle East, South/SE Asia), Viewster is streaming Ninja Slayer.

I don't get it, goons hate it when there's tons of dumb editor's notes in scanlated manga but it's ok in streamed anime.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

nielsm posted:

That's the point of the show, has been all the time. It's what makes it good.
:agreed:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I have a CR account and gently caress funi

gently caress CR for not licensing half of every season in my country.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Yamada-kun is still cool and good.
The OP is seriously catchy to make the adaptation even more memorable :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

I still believe

Isn't Sound Euphonium basically K-on! season 3 or is too much stuff happening in the show for it to be a true successor?

• Locked thread