Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##vote Punt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote Punt

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
F_v and mills, your moves.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Only doing this to avoid a no lynch ##vote Punt

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mills, your move.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is a wrong one too, oh well.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Down to the wire!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Only doing this to avoid a no lynch ##vote Punt

If Punt flips scum, fv is town, if not, this is a bad post.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Grandicap posted:

Spoken like someone who knows the flip already, ayup

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Grandicap posted:

It would be if this was the only time I'd backed Punt.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Moot point, no lynch. Okay back to friday fun times.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The crews bickers throughout the day, but cannot decide who is responsible for the captain's death and head off to sleep. Perhaps tomorrow will bring greater clarity.

Night actions are due within 48 hours. Would you guys prefer Thursday deadlines? pm me if you'd prefer that or Fridays.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Thread is re-opening tomorrow at noon, night actions are due by then.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The ship awakens at the crack of dawn and assembles on deck. When the headcount is taken the crew finds that one among their number is missing, Tremendous Taste. Checking his bunk they find him awash in a pool of his own blood, dead. Clearly the deaths would not stop here, they had to find who did this.

Tremendous Taste, Vanilla Town, has died Night 1

The game is now open, deadline is Thursday at Midnight. Also, if you had fewer posts than 15 yesterday, please post more today.

VVV It's changed now, sorry VVV

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 2, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (14): 100YrsofAttitude, DuckHuntDog, Eight Dollars, Ernie., EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Lumpen, Mills, Puntification, Rascyc, Tremendous Taste, wall monitor

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 06th, 2015 at midnight EST -- that's in about 3 days, 11 hours.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I request a final votecount for D1 and a link to Votefinder in the OP, please.

I continue to prefer lynching Grandicap, DHD, Puntification.

I mention that nightkilling Tremendous Taste, a useless lurker, seems very Grandicappian. I applaud the choice.

I wish to bring attention to the fact that Hal Incandenza has only 10 posts, which is less than Tremendous Taste.

Hal said to me, D1:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't see the case on Punt, I tend to agree with mills.

I think you are reaching on DHD, notorious sniper.

Grandi is the most compelling of the three, weird interaction with wall monitor, calls Punt scum with no reasoning, and totally inane point about Lumpen. Fells self-consciously jokey so far.

I am curious if you still think f-V is scum now, since she is not on your list.

Most detailed reads forthcoming.
No more detailed reads came forth. Hal did not vote at all D1 despite openly accusing Grandicap. Based on the above post I can see a possibility Hal as Scum rather than Grandicap.

Of those 4 suspects, given that Punt didn't get lynched due to Mills preferring DHD, I suggest lynching DHD.
##Vote DHD

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Weird.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh DHD is one of your scum reads. Nevermind. I've completely forgot about what was happening in this game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm

##vote eightbux

yesterday his play was cautious and not at all town and carefree

and he didn't try to stop any cases, leaving his options open

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Final Votecount for Day 1:

Puntification (6): Lumpen, Lumpen, Ernie., 100YrsofAttitude, wall monitor, Lumpen, Ernie., Grandicap, DuckHuntDog, Rascyc, fiery_valkyrie
Rascyc, fiery_valkyrie
Tremendous Taste (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Ernie., Mills
Grandicap (1): Rascyc, Eight Dollars, Lumpen, Rascyc, Lumpen
Lumpen (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog, Puntification, Rascyc, fiery_valkyrie, DuckHuntDog,
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste
Mills (1): EXAKT Science
EXAKT Science (0): Mills, Lumpen, Lumpen, Mills
fiery_valkyrie (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
wall monitor (0): wall monitor, wall monitor
100YrsofAttitude (0): wall monitor, wall monitor, wall monitor, wall monitor
DuckHuntDog (0): Mills, Mills

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 28th, 2015 at midnight EST -- that's in about 23 minutes.

Kumbamontu Replaces EXAKT Science!

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 2, 2015

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'm surprised lumpen doesn't think both puntification and i are scum

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

Looking at what Punt produced, I am additionally convinced that Punt argues in bad faith.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you elaborate how you think Punt argues in bad faith? I agree with his case.

Lumpen posted:

A Scum argues in bad faith by nature. If you agree with the case then I can only urge you to read more closely and critically. If I am mislynched, it will be you who failed to act correctly on the evidence.

Some of my early posting served as trollin', and that should be obvious by reading it in context (as I suggested comparing my post to wall monitor's above it), but as bait for the sort of thing an opportunistic Scum would try to fake-case. Punt fell for it, and forced out a bad faith excuse for a case. Can you see that?

I like that you did a stream of consciousness catch-up post series, but I feel sad that reading everything in one go maybe you lost some of the pacing and context. Despite your suspicion, I don't read you as Scummy, and I hope you reconsider.

How does punt argue in bad faith? A scum argues in bad faith by nature. Punt is scum is not the proposition or conclusion of his arguments they are axiomatic to them, he is working backwards from his position that I am scum to make his arguments, I do like the irony that his arguments are about people arguing in bad faith because one of us definitely is.

Lumpen posted:

I will vote for any of my three top suspects.

Puntification and Grandicap declared suspicion on each other but neither made good on it. Note it.

You should probably also note that not only have neither of me or grandi flipped but Lumpen and I were tied for vote leader when I went to bed before the deadline with grandicap on 1 vote.

I'm not gonna vote anyone else but lumpen today. ##vote lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Ernie. posted:

Why? What Scummy thing haven't I noticed about you?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Starting off d1 with a self proclaimed tunnel, cool.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Why? What Scummy thing haven't I noticed about you?

i unvoted punt and that semi-caused the no-cuddle

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Punt just disengage with lumpen for like 24 hrs and try to scum hunt at least

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ernie. posted:

This is in part why I said weird at the start of today, but I guess the other game is still on going so I can't bring it up.

I'll bring it up enough to say I think the context is different enough

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Ernie. posted:

Reviewing your posting, you cased DHD and voted Puntification, and said you agreed with 2/3rds of my suspects.
Did you lurk through deadline in order to not hammer Puntification, after suddenly contradicting your own previous vote? That seems like the worst thing on you so far.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Ernie. posted:

Yeah, well, help lynch a Scum today and set my mind at ease.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lumpen posted:

I mention that nightkilling Tremendous Taste, a useless lurker, seems very Grandicappian. I applaud the choice.

Taste died due to this post:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm going to shoot someone tonight

Yes he lurked but he threatened a night action. Why take that chance?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lumpen posted:

Of those 4 suspects, given that Punt didn't get lynched due to Mills preferring DHD, I suggest lynching DHD.
##Vote DHD

I do not follow you at all here. Why do you all of the sudden want to execute DHD? If anything Mills play last night is the most curious.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hello everyone! I speedread the game last night but didn't digest much of it so I will do what I can to catch up in a useful fashion sometime today.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Taste died due to this post:

Yes he lurked but he threatened a night action. Why take that chance?
You can't really believe this.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I voted him last night and I don't regret it but I've begun to cool on Punt partly because of this post:

Lumpen posted:

Some of my early posting served as trollin', and that should be obvious by reading it in context (as I suggested comparing my post to wall monitor's above it), but as bait for the sort of thing an opportunistic Scum would try to fake-case. Punt fell for it, and forced out a bad faith excuse for a case. Can you see that?

I don't know how much I believe you in regards to setting out a honey pot on purpose. Either way Punt had several cases, one against me, which I found incorrect, and one against you that pointed out more how dickish you played more than anything else. Yet, his posting reminds me of my own at times. Spectacularly wrong but town. Mills brought up a good point that I missed. There was genuine emotion there and while wrong, they didn't fake it. I will take a closer look at Mills because he did a similar thing to Ernie, whose honesty sets him apart.

I also don't think that Lumpen or Punt should act so hard-headed especially now that Day 2 has begun.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rascyc posted:

You can't really believe this.

A bit yeah. I don't think anyone took that post seriously but why would Taste make a better lurker lynch over another? If anything the scum could've done the mod a favor and hit the person bound to get replaced. It's a good lynch since we don't get new information and they remove the very slight chance of Taste's vig in case they hadn't joked.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Why would you cool on someone based on someone scum reading said someone?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Fill in the correct names for 'someone'

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

A bit yeah. I don't think anyone took that post seriously but why would Taste make a better lurker lynch over another? If anything the scum could've done the mod a favor and hit the person bound to get replaced. It's a good lynch since we don't get new information and they remove the very slight chance of Taste's vig in case they hadn't joked.
Why does it particularly matter if a lurker died in the night? This is all ultimately NK speculation and meaningless. You could derive a half dozen thoughts from TT dying, especially if you use Grandi's self professed meta crap but it is still outright speculation.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Why would you cool on someone based on someone scum reading said someone?

It reminds me of me. I think Punt's said several incorrect things. Lumpen even says he served himself up to be a trap case. I've fallen for such things in the best and I've also cased people quite adamantly but very incorrectly. Wrong does not equal scum necessarily.

Also re-reading Punt following Mills post (reading them in isolation) shows a lot more genuine frustration than anything else. I should've probably put that first but with both these things taken into consideration, my opinion on Punt has changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Why does it particularly matter if a lurker died in the night? This is all ultimately NK speculation and meaningless. You could derive a half dozen thoughts from TT dying, especially if you use Grandi's self professed meta crap but it is still outright speculation.

It doesn't matter, I just wanted to remark on what Lumpen had posted. Following my logic (threatened vig led to his death) we get even less information from his death. I don't want to case anyone using Taste's death, that's Lumpen who mentioned Grandicap and last night's execution in the same breath.

• Locked thread