Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh I tried to hide that but I guess the fact I didn't charge him reveals what I was trying to hide. He claimed VT to me pretty early in the doc, I think in the same line he was disinterested in the game? Let me open up the super lovely sheets app and check again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh right he revealed he was VT after I mentioned I was charger prior to n2.

Also looking back he did ask me about the cop replacement PR stunt and recited the same thing two others did: that my claim didn't make sense that it gave scum a boon.

Sorry DHD for force-revealing for you, I know that's rude. But since you are disinterested/not really playing I won't feel that bad about it :V

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Is there a reason you didn't charge him N1? You didn't believe he was town yet?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Nah I wasn't convinced enough by then, the masonry had little activity at that point. Him being in a masory with me was enough to not want to really vote him d1, but I wasn't about to give him my PRs on d1. I went with you and f_v because of your read on Punt or w/e and f_v because of some effort posts that I've since forgotten.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok good ##vote dr. hurt

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Oh right he revealed he was VT after I mentioned I was charger prior to n2.

Technically not VT, just no additional PR other than the masonry. No sweat on revealing it, either.

Ras mentioned something about a power that was potentially beneficial to scum, which made no sense after the claim, but when I mentioned that Ras claimed the actual PR to me. I didn't bring it up to start the day to see how you would bring it up. Other than that Ras didn't say anything that seemed off.

Rascyc posted:

My history with DHD in games is that he usually makes like 2-3 posts a day and a vote when he's town.

Ouch, but probably true especially if I don't have a PR.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

And since it is in the open:

Dr. Hurt posted:

I can confirm that I got a message about replacing in for eight bux because of mysterious circumstances. The alignment thing is news to me.

This post stuck out to me considering it was bullshit.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

The only alignment stuff Ras talked about was Punt seeming a little wound up early on, thinking f_v was town and thinking grandi was scum during N1; also lamenting that this game is full of disinterested people (which is probably true).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

DuckHuntDog posted:

And since it is in the open:

This post stuck out to me considering it was bullshit.

That's a good point. Hurt, want to explain your comment?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##vote Hurt

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry Ernie... as wrong as it turned out I hope you can see where I came from. I will vote Hal. My other 'strong' scum read had been on Mills due to the stuff concerning Ernie and since Mills has lurked unnecessarily through the game, but considering Ernie's flip I will not be pursuing that for now. My only other real choice then remains to be Hal. I've mentioned before how his general play style has sat terribly bad with me. And despite having the occasional well thought out post he really doesn't do anything. I have vague memories of town Hal and I feel like he helped out a lot more.

##vote Hal Incandenza

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ras the one thing I don't understand is why you made up the role to protect $8/Hurt in fact? Did you have an exceptionally strong town read or did you just want to shake things up? A lot of the fallout of that 'reveal' led me to suspect Ernie unfortunately.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

I've asked for a replacement or to be modkilled, I don't have the time or energy this game deserves. My apologies everyone.

I wish you would stay. Even with lower energy you still play actively.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I think Kumba is scum. He is content lurking too, more so even than Hal in my opinion.

He doesn't explain his opinions and his vote on Ernie's seems opportunistic in retrospect.

The only case he has made was on 100, which he has now backed away from. He has mentioned Lumpen briefly and then yesterday he had this comment

Kumbamontu posted:

I would vote Lumpen or dhd or ernie, I don't have a strong opinion on anyone else and even these aren't super strong

There is no other mention of DHD or Ernie's in his post history and he attempts to qualify these opinions by saying they aren't "super strong" giving himself the chance to back away from them when they turn out to be a mislynch. He then goes on to vote Ernie for the day, with no further explanation.

##vote Kumba

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I feel like the deadlines are too long. It's easy to leave the thread and forget about it because you don't have to worry about it for 3 or 4 days.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I would vote Hal too. He has a whole lot of posts where he talks about people but never actually makes an alignment call.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I was mostly just trying to avoid a NL :shrug:

I'm not the kind of player that is going to come in and fabricate an opinion when I don't have one - I've read the thread at least 3 times and I still don't have any strong feelings other than Lumpen seems not like his normal self.

I don't think I've ever had this much trouble getting into a game and I'm really not sure why

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I had to forcefully inject myself into this game, and now I am losing interest again. I like these players, I like the setup from what I have seen so far, so I don't know what is going on.

I was typing a list of who I would and wouldn't vote, but when I was wondering why on some of them I couldn't give myself a reason... I think I need to reread my notes again and rereread from where I left off last time.

Unconfirmed masonries, with one member with a powerrole that distributes stuff to powerroles, and the other member without a powerrole besides the masonry seems off. It seems like that would be the perfect oppurtunity to put a role with a power that needs feeding, or a scum to mislead the feeder into distributing poorly.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

After weeks without a whale the crew draws sight of one off the larboard side of the ship. They gather together what's left of the crew in two boats, leaving two behind on the ship and head off after their bounty. As the boats draw in close, Puntification throws the first harpoon, which strikes home with a gratifying squelch, but as he shouts in celebration a loop of rope catches his leg and pulls him into the murky depths. The whale dives and snaps the harpoon, dragging Puntification down with it never to be seen again. The shocked crew can only return to the ship and carry on.

Puntification, Town-aligned 2-shot reporter, has been modkilled Day 3 by request.

Also, I have decided to move up the deadline to Wednesday night 11:00 pm EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Hal Incandenza (2): Rascyc, 100YrsofAttitude
Dr. Hurt (2): Hal Incandenza, Mills
Kumbamontu (1): fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (5): Dr. Hurt, DuckHuntDog, Grandicap, Kumbamontu, Lumpen

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 12th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 8 hours.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ras the one thing I don't understand is why you made up the role to protect $8/Hurt in fact? Did you have an exceptionally strong town read or did you just want to shake things up? A lot of the fallout of that 'reveal' led me to suspect Ernie unfortunately.
Shake things up.

Ernie was p much a no lynch vote by most people and like six people were willing to vote him at end day without much talk prior to votes as well so odds were high he was going to flip town. There is probably at least one scum in that initial spree, I'll try to take a look when I find a PC.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I feel like the deadlines are too long. It's easy to leave the thread and forget about it because you don't have to worry about it for 3 or 4 days.
Ya games like this one need aggressive deadlines because people we case don't appear to defend themselves generally, so it is difficult to graduate a case to something more appealing/interesting.

As is scum can ignore every case right now and it will fall apart from disinterest.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sorry Ernie... as wrong as it turned out I hope you can see where I came from. I will vote Hal. My other 'strong' scum read had been on Mills due to the stuff concerning Ernie and since Mills has lurked unnecessarily through the game, but considering Ernie's flip I will not be pursuing that for now.
Why does Ernie's flip diminish your Mills read? If anything I walked back my Mills lean town read after Ernie's flip because it seemed like Mills was taunting him near deadline with the confess your sins post, possibly knowing we were about to pull an 11th hour mislynch with no claim.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I wonder what a Reporter does?

I do not confirm receiving anything from Rascyc, although I have no powers to charge. I strongly, strongly dislike his lying, and it leads me to feel distrust and resentment for his falsely disrupting the evidence chain yesterday. I agree with Grandicap's assessments of the setup speculation.

I want much tighter deadlines.

##Vote Hal Incandenza

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I feel annoyed that Puntification requested a modkill but didn't fullclaim with an explanation of the role and whatever results/effects it did so far. What a jerk.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Also Ernie not bothering to show up for deadline and claim Doc. What a jerk.

This stuff really sinks the fun of the game. A total lurkfest. A bunch of replacements. Makes me feel like "Why bother?"

Why do people join games they don't intend to actually play?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So no one is concerned that Ras admits to making up the claim about Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt totally pretends the claim is true and that he is essentially cleared as town AND Rascyc totally doesn't think it strange that Dr. Hurt pretended the claim was real.

Come on people.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm not really interested in Hurt because it'd be easy as scum to make this about Hurt instead of sussing out actual content lurkers.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt has "content lurked" 100x worse than me, 8bux was no better, what more do you need. Vote Hurt, vote Rascyc, almost win game.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
No he's just straight up lurked at this point and also went along with a wacky claim that he prolly saw as a joke at first. You guys can kill him afterwards when I am dead or something but it's def Hal.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

Dr. Hurt has "content lurked" 100x worse than me, 8bux was no better, what more do you need. Vote Hurt, vote Rascyc, almost win game.
I expect more from you and have more respect for you. You can participate and contribute more, but you have chosen not to, and that leads me to conclude you got a Scum PM.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Honestly it would not surprise me if both hal and hurt are scum at this point after that last post. Kill Hurt and then me is the backwards order of approaching that if you were thinking about this from a town PoV. Either way, it's Hal IMO.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I choose to vote with my bitterness and disappointment at this point, lacking better leads.

Has NO role been useful at all in this game? If they were all 2-shot and the recharger is supposedly out of juice, I feel surprised not to see more claims and results.

I would also vote Rascyc on Lynch All Liars principal.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think Kumba is scum. He is content lurking too, more so even than Hal in my opinion.

He doesn't explain his opinions and his vote on Ernie's seems opportunistic in retrospect.

The only case he has made was on 100, which he has now backed away from. He has mentioned Lumpen briefly and then yesterday he had this comment

There is no other mention of DHD or Ernie's in his post history and he attempts to qualify these opinions by saying they aren't "super strong" giving himself the chance to back away from them when they turn out to be a mislynch. He then goes on to vote Ernie for the day, with no further explanation.

##vote Kumba

Just wondering if you prefer to vote on a case you've made yourself? You always have opinions on vote leaders but your primary vote tends to land elsewhere.

I give replacements a somewhat sub-conscious pass since it can be difficult to join a game and play regularly especially when such as ours which hasn't really been full of intrigue. For me the real burden lies on those who, though present at the beginning, have made less effort.

Kumbamontu posted:

I was mostly just trying to avoid a NL :shrug:

Yet when asked what your 3 options you would execute, you came up with Ernie. Wall Monitor's vote is a clear case of wanting to just execute someone or anyone not so much yours.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lumpen posted:

I choose to vote with my bitterness and disappointment at this point, lacking better leads.

Has NO role been useful at all in this game? If they were all 2-shot and the recharger is supposedly out of juice, I feel surprised not to see more claims and results.

I would also vote Rascyc on Lynch All Liars principal.
Ya but it prolly makes me the most confirmed town present under the "why would scum do that?" act of 1776 and if that isn't enough then the "why would scum do that? article of 1841 in accordance to my use of PR as long as I hit at least one person who can vouch for it in the worst case scenario.

Also we got punts flip for free so it is time to reread! Just gotta find the time between now and 2016

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

I expect more from you and have more respect for you. You can participate and contribute more, but you have chosen not to, and that leads me to conclude you got a Scum PM.

That's a really frustrating standard to hold a person too. Dr. Hurt can post just as well as I can and probably better if he puts his mind to it. That's no reason to give someone a pass. My effort is largely based around time I can spend on the game and not on alignment. Frankly I don't think my participation level has been close to the lowest in this thread and not matter how many time Rascyc says "content lurking" that doesn't necessarily make it true. I've had perfectly valid thoughts regarding you, Dr. Hurt, Mills, Rascyc and several other people throughout the course of the game.

To decide to ignore someone who's been openly caught lying AND who's post history is completely hollow because you don't expect as much from them is stupid and frustrating.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Except I wasn't caught. I could have walked that gambit for days on end. I did my due diligence at this point by setting everything straight.

Now I think you are doing the "I am scum adopting my town goggles and am flabbergasted this town is letting rascyc do this!!!" mode. If you were town and thought about this for a few minutes you would not have such a myopic view on the events, but you are instead in a position of defensive scum with probably genuine frustration at being cased as a content lurker.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Also if you thought for real I was open liar you would probably be talking about DHD at this point because Masonry comes as part of the claim as well.

Cornered and buuuusted.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Ernie was p much a no lynch vote by most people and like six people were willing to vote him at end day without much talk prior to votes as well so odds were high he was going to flip town.

It bothers me you can say this, because if you had had this realization during the 3 hours before Ernie was executed we may have had the chance to vote Hal, or at worst pushed people in that direction. I voted Ernie in the afternoon and it took nearly twelve hours before the next vote, Grandi's came, separated by only a few minutes by your vote. Half an hour later and then a further hour later Kumba and WM voted respectively. I feel responsible for roping them both in. Hal does his vote/unvote and fiery hammered with one hour to go. Now I don't know how many people were around but given the amount of time it took to get anything done I think an actual discussion could've helped.

Rascyc posted:

Why does Ernie's flip diminish your Mills read? If anything I walked back my Mills lean town read after Ernie's flip because it seemed like Mills was taunting him near deadline with the confess your sins post, possibly knowing we were about to pull an 11th hour mislynch with no claim.

I thought that Ernie's comments on what town/scum Mills does read like prompts to co-direct action. They seemed to have another conversation going on at the same time as the game went on, but I suppose that we can call that a testament to their friendship. I find it odder that Mills didn't "hammer" or even bother to vote him and disappeared again afterwards. I don't claim to know what towns/scum Mills does but I find it possible that Mills rolled town, feels we've done a horrible job and has completely disengaged, something I wouldn't find all that surprising frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It bothers me you can say this, because if you had had this realization during the 3 hours before Ernie was executed we may have had the chance to vote Hal, or at worst pushed people in that direction.
I'm pretty sure I did say something that too many people voted too fast. I can't check my post history. Regardless it doesn't matter, it was either that or no lynch. You can check d1 near deadline where I voted Punt to avoid no lynch despite me saying I was pretty sure he was town. Some times you have to kill town if nobody will accept your reasoning, and in this game most people are skimming and not reading anyway soooo

Anyway never feel bad, mislynching is part of the game.

• Locked thread