Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Rascyc posted:

augh you don't think it's Hal AT ALL? or is this a risk-adverse path because of an inc DHD modkill

I soul read Hal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Grandicap posted:

I feel good about Kumba actually, I think he reads genuine. vOv

the disingenuous/opportunistic post about hurt was bad

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i will hammer f_v but i dont understand the case

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote f_v

:redhammer:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
there isn't one lol

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Kumbamontu posted:

i will hammer f_v but i dont understand the case

there is no case. I am town.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rascyc posted:

the disingenuous/opportunistic post about hurt was bad

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nope gonna have to disagree there

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

With time growing short crew gathers around fiery_valkyrie. “Where did you come from?” they ask her, “how did you know we needed you on this voyage?” Before she can sputter out more than a few words they throw her off the ship where she promptly disappears into the waves. Searching her belongings they find nothing more nefarious than a book detailing the lives of the saints. To make matters worse, a mild fever that DuckHuntDog developed earlier in the day takes a turn for the worse when he begins convulsing on the deck. With no medical expertise between them, the crew can do nothing to save him. After a somber ceremony, the crew returns to their bunks for another restless night.

fiery_valkyrie, Town-Aligned Vanilla Town has been puppycuddled Day 3

DuckHuntDog Town-Aligned Mason has been modkilled Day 3

Night actions are due within 24 hours!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Final Votecount for Day 3

fiery_valkyrie (6): Grandicap, Mills, Dr. Hurt, Lumpen, Rascyc, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (2): Rascyc, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, Kumbamontu, Rascyc, Lumpen
Dr. Hurt (2): Hal Incandenza, Mills, DuckHuntDog, Mills, Kumbamontu, Lumpen, Lumpen, Kumbamontu, Mills, Mills, fiery_valkyrie, Rascyc, Rascyc, Hal Incandenza
Kumbamontu (0): fiery_valkyrie, Mills, Mills, fiery_valkyrie
Grandicap (0): Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt
DuckHuntDog (0): Grandicap, Grandicap, Mills, Mills

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 11th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Dawn arrives and Dr. Hurt and Kumbamontu find themselves alone with the ship at anchor. A few hundred feet away is a small island where they can see one of the ship's boats on shore. Confused, the decide to check the ship to see if anyone remained behind. Checking the bunks, they find only the corpse of poor Rascyc, the cook.

Rascyc, Town-Aligned Double Recharger has died Night 3!
'
On the island, Grandicap, Lumpen, Mills, and Hal Incandenza awaken in a volcanic cave to find 100YrsofAttitude holding a notepad up to the sky as a bright light radiates out from him. His body begins to grow faint as he smiles towards those in attendance, and as he disappears the notebook drops to the ground.

100 YrsofAttitude, Ritual-Aligned Ritual Master has achieved his win condition and departed from the game!

Mills and Hal Incandenza quickly spring into action, drawing their weapons and overpowering their counterparts. "Scheisse!" Hal yells, grabbing the notebook. "If this is correct we only have an hour before the portal re-opens for the last time. We have to get Dr. Hurt!" Heading back to the ship they find Kumbamontu already tied up on deck. Surprised by their good fortune, the scum prepare to head back to their own times.

Grandicap, Town-Aligned BP/1-shot Roleblocker, Lumpen, Town-Aligned Vanilla, and Kumbamontu, Town-Aligned 2-shot Tracker have been endgamed!

Hal Incandenza, Scum-Aligned 1-shot Strong Poisoner, Mills, Scum-Aligned 2-shot Bodyguard and Dr. Hurt, Scum-Aligned 2-shot Rolecop have won the game!

Winning players can expect personalized post-game flavor tomorrow!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

>:[

i was right about eightbux/hurt

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Welp, gg. Thanks for modding.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ernie. posted:

>:[

i was right about eightbux/hurt

Yeah MB. Personally frustrated we have both Hal/Hurt under a gun on d3 and people literally couldn't decide on either one and we ended up with an 11th hour lynch f_v lynch. I didn't even stop to check the math that it could be end-gamed if a 3p was in the game.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I am very curious about 100's win condition.

I am embarrassed about my lurking, I'm aware that I was ignored as a player because of it and I definitely did not deserve to win this game due to it.

Funniest moment of the game for me was yesterday's lynch and trying to keep it off both Hal and Hurt.

Thanks for modding Ix.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lumpen posted:

Votecount for Day 3

Hal Incandenza (4): Rascyc, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, Kumbamontu
Kumbamontu (2): fiery_valkyrie, Mills
Dr. Hurt (2): Hal Incandenza, Mills, DuckHuntDog, Mills, Kumbamontu, Lumpen, Lumpen, Kumbamontu
Grandicap (1): Dr. Hurt
fiery_valkyrie (1): Grandicap
DuckHuntDog (0): Grandicap, Grandicap, Mills, Mills

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 11th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 16 minutes.
Actually I guess we probably never stood a chance. We needed every single town plus the 3p on Hal or Hurt to actually kill him because DHD was already dead in the water at this point. In retrospect the 11th hour f_v gambit was pretty smart on Mills' part.

I don't feel so bad on that realization. Actually it's probably really MB for focusing so much on Hal when I had a feeling they were both scum. I should have recogized DHD's vote was locked in on hurt and pushed that one instead.

Ugh what a comedy of personal failures, gg

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 14, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Ugh what a comedy of personal failures, gg

Ras you were pretty on top of things and I have no doubt Hurt would've gone quickly after Hal, but well there you go.

Mills posted:

I am very curious about 100's win condition.

It feels a bit hollow frankly for me too, because I was strongly invested in a town victory. I was pretty much a sort of modified survivor. I had the power to hypnotize a player every night. If I had 3 victims hypnotized alive together at one point then I would win. I could also win if and only if alive with 3 other town players at the end of the game. If I was left with 3 scum I would lose. So I took that as a sort of town survivor and played accordingly. I hypnotized Mills and Lumpen first. Ras's recharge let me hypnotize two people on N3 meaning that I would have 3 alive barring a vigilante. So that was nice.

It was a fun game. You guys play a very good passive scum game. I feel like it's more difficult than it seems to lurk to remain beneath the radar and yet successfully control enough of the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Not planning on doing e-prime again. There are times it works well, but mainly when I went about eliminating the passive voice from my posts. Other times 'to be' really should be used to describe things "he is..." etc. I get the whole philosophy of having no certainties but whatever. A word should be used if it manages to make discourse simpler.

In retrospect kinda sad that my post explaining Hal's voting habits didn't get him executed. That was probably the best case I've made in many games if ever. Short, precise, and accurate. If only I could always play like that.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

As Ernie noted, I'm a big hater of scum lurkers. I'm not proud of this game!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I was very sad to be lynched, especially after Ixt told me who the scum were and I realised I had been right about just about everything I said at the end of D3.

Getting very fed up of playing against lurking scum. I thought Hal was ok, but the play from Mills was disappointing and Hurt should have been outright modkilled.

Thanks for the game Ixt.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Truthfully I don't think I played a great game, but I don't think I was "lurking" in any sense (other than the nebulous "content" form and you can't blame anyone but yourselves if you don't kill me for that). Mills posted more than I realized but yeah he was saying nothing. No one talked in the scum doc whatsoever.

I cannot believe the hurt survived when I desperately wanted you guys to get rid of him. That was hilarious to me. I also generously killed lurkers the first two days because I love you all so much.

I thought 100 played excellent, and I feel real bad for Ras because I know he didn't want to lose to me (sorry buddy). I don't think this was a great scum victory, but I also think town can't blame the scum, there was more than enough content in the thread to figure out the bad guys, town just could not get their act together with all the apathy.

Thanks to Ixt for running the game, I waited a long time for this whaling voyage!

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I feel bad that being busy the night of the deadline got me modkilled and ended the game for us. Sorry about that. At least I was right about Hurt and Mills, I suppose.

Thanks for the game, Ixt. Sorry Ras!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So I was very wrong this game almost across the board. Hooray!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Welp that sure was a thing

Thanks for the game Ixt!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Punt imploding didn't help.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The DHD mod killed screwed town. Two town mod kills gave scum an advantage because it moved LYLO up a day.

I have issues with this concept of not mod killing people until end of day. Scum can and do use this to their advantage by disappearing for days and then just popping in at the last minute. Hurt should have been mod killed middle of D3 when he hadn't posted for 3 days.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Mod kills suck and I don't begrudge any mod dealing with them because it always hurts, especially in small games. I just put the game out of mind afterwards.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The DHD mod killed screwed town. Two town mod kills gave scum an advantage because it moved LYLO up a day.

I have issues with this concept of not mod killing people until end of day. Scum can and do use this to their advantage by disappearing for days and then just popping in at the last minute. Hurt should have been mod killed middle of D3 when he hadn't posted for 3 days.

You're not wrong, I was going to modkill Hurt at 5:00 that day if he didn't start posting some real stuff, but then I slept until 7:00 because I had to get up super early that day and then I guess I felt like I had to abide by the rules I set out at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Mills posted:

As Ernie noted, I'm a big hater of scum lurkers. I'm not proud of this game!

I am also very not proud of this game. Ixt thanks for being so tolerant. I knew I wasn't going to post much because of being phone only/my schedule but that was sad on my side.

I am honestly surprised I didn't die. Kudos on my scum for tolerating me, and I am very sorry town.

• Locked thread