Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hello, I'm Ixtlilton, this is a game I tried to run a while ago, except it's smaller now and hopefully I can get 14 people for it. This will be the second game I've run, and it's been a while since I've been into mafia here, so hopefully we'll get a good mix of old and new people here. It's also significantly different from the original larger setup, so it's open to anyone. If more people want to play I can use the old setup though, I think it's pretty cool, and with no further ado, here's the setting:

The date is November 12th, 1809, at the height of the Napoleonic Wars. Six weeks ago an English whaling voyage arrived in Australia with a full complement of men. Five weeks ago it left with half that many, the last words heard from the captain about a map and a prophecy. Two weeks ago that same ship came upon what it believed to be a deserted island in the Pacific, only to find the inhabitants hailing from across the world, dressed in unfamiliar clothes, speaking strange dialects no one had ever heard before. Two weeks ago emergency rationing began, the captain began to grow more and more manic. Last week strange, inexplicable phenomena began occurring on the ship. Today the captain was found murdered with only a week's worth of food in the hold.

Who committed this murder? What did the captain know that no one else does? Who are these people from the island? Find out, in A Super Special Whaling Voyage, a mafia game for 14 players to start no earlier than February 23rd, with deadlines every Friday.

Standard Rules:
Hangings will be majority (days can end in a no hang)
Thread will be closed at night
No fake day actions
No posting after hammer
No posting mod PMs
No editing posts
No outside communication unless your role says you're allowed
Don't lurk!
Once the game starts I won't answer any questions in thread. PM me if you have questions.

Players
  1. 100YrsofAttitude
  2. DuckHuntDog
  3. Eight Dollars Dr. Hurt
  4. Ernie. Town-aligned 2-shot Doctor, puppycuddled Day 2
  5. EXAKT Science Kumbamontu
  6. fiery_valkyrie
  7. Grandicap
  8. Hal Incandenza
  9. Lumpen
  10. Mills
  11. Puntification Town-aligned 2-shot Reporter, modkilled Day 3
  12. Rascyc
  13. Tremendous Taste Vanilla Town, killed Night 1
  14. wall monitor Vanilla Town, killed Night 2

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Puntification posted:

I will sign up. I was disappointed when the last one never started.

I was too, it was a pretty cool setup. Also, I'm reserving a spot for Hal because he's the first mate.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Rascyc posted:

Yo. Will we be getting Ixt vote counters

No, probably not, I'll go with votefinder. Also, is this a signup?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You can be fake mason buddies in the thread. It's fun like that. Also, thanks for signing up everyone!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That's everyone! If anyone wants to sign up as a replacement feel free. pms go out Monday.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pms will go out tomorrow! Because it's Sunday now! And I need to go to bed!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Grandicap posted:

I want a role PM. It will make me happy.

They are so close to being done. Give me half an hour.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

pms are going out now, please do not post until I have posted saying the game has begun.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It is dawn of the first day. The crew gathers as a psalm is read over the captain's body and he is sent tumbling off into the depths of the ocean. They eye each other warily, knowing the murderer is among them.

The game has begun! Deadline is this Friday at midnight.

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (14): 100YrsofAttitude, DuckHuntDog, Eight Dollars, Ernie., EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Lumpen, Mills, Puntification, Rascyc, Tremendous Taste, wall monitor

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch.

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 24, 2015

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The crews bickers throughout the day, but cannot decide who is responsible for the captain's death and head off to sleep. Perhaps tomorrow will bring greater clarity.

Night actions are due within 48 hours. Would you guys prefer Thursday deadlines? pm me if you'd prefer that or Fridays.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Thread is re-opening tomorrow at noon, night actions are due by then.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The ship awakens at the crack of dawn and assembles on deck. When the headcount is taken the crew finds that one among their number is missing, Tremendous Taste. Checking his bunk they find him awash in a pool of his own blood, dead. Clearly the deaths would not stop here, they had to find who did this.

Tremendous Taste, Vanilla Town, has died Night 1

The game is now open, deadline is Thursday at Midnight. Also, if you had fewer posts than 15 yesterday, please post more today.

VVV It's changed now, sorry VVV

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 2, 2015

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Final Votecount for Day 1:

Puntification (6): Lumpen, Lumpen, Ernie., 100YrsofAttitude, wall monitor, Lumpen, Ernie., Grandicap, DuckHuntDog, Rascyc, fiery_valkyrie
Rascyc, fiery_valkyrie
Tremendous Taste (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Ernie., Mills
Grandicap (1): Rascyc, Eight Dollars, Lumpen, Rascyc, Lumpen
Lumpen (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog, Puntification, Rascyc, fiery_valkyrie, DuckHuntDog,
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste
Mills (1): EXAKT Science
EXAKT Science (0): Mills, Lumpen, Lumpen, Mills
fiery_valkyrie (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
wall monitor (0): wall monitor, wall monitor
100YrsofAttitude (0): wall monitor, wall monitor, wall monitor, wall monitor
DuckHuntDog (0): Mills, Mills

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 28th, 2015 at midnight EST -- that's in about 23 minutes.

Kumbamontu Replaces EXAKT Science!

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 2, 2015

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Dr. Hurt replaces Eight Dollars!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

As the second day wore on, the crew gathered around Ernie., hurling questions. Why did he have a French accent? How did he get here? Though he tried to reason he was from French Canada and a loyal subject of the crown, this explanation only incensed them further and he was promptly thrown overboard. Unfortunately, he was telling the truth. Looking through his belongings, the crew could only find a medical kit with extremely clean instruments. The day at its end, the crew heads to bed exhausted and disheartened.

Ernie. Town-Aligned 2-shot Doctor was puppycuddled Day 2.

Night actions are due within 24 hours.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The crew awakens to find a grisly scene in wall monitor's room. His blood is pooled under his bunk and a look of shock plastered across his face with a bullet hole just below his eye. After a quick eulogy he is sent to his final rest in the ocean and the crew begins another day on board the ship.

wall monitor, town-aligned vanilla has died Night 2.

Day 3 begins, deadline is Thursday at 10:00 pm EST.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

After weeks without a whale the crew draws sight of one off the larboard side of the ship. They gather together what's left of the crew in two boats, leaving two behind on the ship and head off after their bounty. As the boats draw in close, Puntification throws the first harpoon, which strikes home with a gratifying squelch, but as he shouts in celebration a loop of rope catches his leg and pulls him into the murky depths. The whale dives and snaps the harpoon, dragging Puntification down with it never to be seen again. The shocked crew can only return to the ship and carry on.

Puntification, Town-aligned 2-shot reporter, has been modkilled Day 3 by request.

Also, I have decided to move up the deadline to Wednesday night 11:00 pm EST.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Votefinder+mod minimum post count is in effect. Next deadline will be Monday.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

With time growing short crew gathers around fiery_valkyrie. “Where did you come from?” they ask her, “how did you know we needed you on this voyage?” Before she can sputter out more than a few words they throw her off the ship where she promptly disappears into the waves. Searching her belongings they find nothing more nefarious than a book detailing the lives of the saints. To make matters worse, a mild fever that DuckHuntDog developed earlier in the day takes a turn for the worse when he begins convulsing on the deck. With no medical expertise between them, the crew can do nothing to save him. After a somber ceremony, the crew returns to their bunks for another restless night.

fiery_valkyrie, Town-Aligned Vanilla Town has been puppycuddled Day 3

DuckHuntDog Town-Aligned Mason has been modkilled Day 3

Night actions are due within 24 hours!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Final Votecount for Day 3

fiery_valkyrie (6): Grandicap, Mills, Dr. Hurt, Lumpen, Rascyc, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (2): Rascyc, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, 100YrsofAttitude, Lumpen, Kumbamontu, Rascyc, Lumpen
Dr. Hurt (2): Hal Incandenza, Mills, DuckHuntDog, Mills, Kumbamontu, Lumpen, Lumpen, Kumbamontu, Mills, Mills, fiery_valkyrie, Rascyc, Rascyc, Hal Incandenza
Kumbamontu (0): fiery_valkyrie, Mills, Mills, fiery_valkyrie
Grandicap (0): Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt
DuckHuntDog (0): Grandicap, Grandicap, Mills, Mills

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 11th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Dawn arrives and Dr. Hurt and Kumbamontu find themselves alone with the ship at anchor. A few hundred feet away is a small island where they can see one of the ship's boats on shore. Confused, the decide to check the ship to see if anyone remained behind. Checking the bunks, they find only the corpse of poor Rascyc, the cook.

Rascyc, Town-Aligned Double Recharger has died Night 3!
'
On the island, Grandicap, Lumpen, Mills, and Hal Incandenza awaken in a volcanic cave to find 100YrsofAttitude holding a notepad up to the sky as a bright light radiates out from him. His body begins to grow faint as he smiles towards those in attendance, and as he disappears the notebook drops to the ground.

100 YrsofAttitude, Ritual-Aligned Ritual Master has achieved his win condition and departed from the game!

Mills and Hal Incandenza quickly spring into action, drawing their weapons and overpowering their counterparts. "Scheisse!" Hal yells, grabbing the notebook. "If this is correct we only have an hour before the portal re-opens for the last time. We have to get Dr. Hurt!" Heading back to the ship they find Kumbamontu already tied up on deck. Surprised by their good fortune, the scum prepare to head back to their own times.

Grandicap, Town-Aligned BP/1-shot Roleblocker, Lumpen, Town-Aligned Vanilla, and Kumbamontu, Town-Aligned 2-shot Tracker have been endgamed!

Hal Incandenza, Scum-Aligned 1-shot Strong Poisoner, Mills, Scum-Aligned 2-shot Bodyguard and Dr. Hurt, Scum-Aligned 2-shot Rolecop have won the game!

Winning players can expect personalized post-game flavor tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The DHD mod killed screwed town. Two town mod kills gave scum an advantage because it moved LYLO up a day.

I have issues with this concept of not mod killing people until end of day. Scum can and do use this to their advantage by disappearing for days and then just popping in at the last minute. Hurt should have been mod killed middle of D3 when he hadn't posted for 3 days.

You're not wrong, I was going to modkill Hurt at 5:00 that day if he didn't start posting some real stuff, but then I slept until 7:00 because I had to get up super early that day and then I guess I felt like I had to abide by the rules I set out at that point.

• Locked thread