Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Mills posted:

I love Ixt but put me down as a maybe please until I see the quality of future sign-ups.

I'm awesome, so you should definitely play.

Yay Ixt! You're back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Meh, I'm over it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote no lynch

I declare TT confirmed town. The last couple of games I've played with him he hasn't done his no lunch joke D1 and he was scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

think of melville

no-lynch is the road to peace

I would prefer not to.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

I really don't want to get a vote on me, and considering that Puntification put so much tough pressure on me, I change the subject and take this opportunity to shift my focus off Puntification, who has posted their way out of the bottom of the stack.

I declare fiery_valkyrie the new biggest lurker and insist that she prove to me her innocence.

##vote fiery_valkyrie

Can it wait? I'm interstate for work and don't really have time to post. I'll be back home tomorrow.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rascyc posted:

Deadline is in ~51 hours!

:derp:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yay, I'm here! Catching up now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mills posted:

emphasis mine

reads like a joke

reads like you are announcing your vote is serious

please elaborate

I agree with Mill's read on Exact here.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

However I don't think I'm being all that awkward this game, and I think the way you're trying to push me right now is ridiculous. ##vote Mills

Why does ridiculous = scummy? Does Exact ever explain this?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wall monitor posted:

Kay, lemme rephrase and elaborate.

Punt, you've made one post, and it's one where he's agreeing with me. While I'm happy that someone is agreeing with my opinions, I'm also suspicious because it's jumping on my read instead of coming up with something original. That strikes me as something a scum would try to do, since a manufactured read might get called out as manufactured and by jumping on someone else's opinion you can participate while still staying under the radar.

It's maybe a bit iffy at this point since there's only been one Punt post, which is why I wanted to hear more from him so we can get better reads.

I dont agree with this read on Punt. He might have been suspicious of 100 for the same post as WM, but he seems to me to have thought about why and explained that in some detail. It doesn't read as a "me too" post at all.

I also disagree with the notion that agreeing with other posts is a generically scummy behaviour.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Puntification posted:

Not really but he disappeared and I think he's getting replaced anyway.

Well thats a shame, I like Exact.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

I completely agree that agreeing with wall monitor and jumping on his reads instead of coming up with something original constitutes Scummy behavior. It strikes me, as well, as something a Scum would try to do since a manufactured read might come off as awkward, but that by jumping on someone else's opinion on can participate while still staying under the radar. That, combined with Puntification's extreme lurking, leads me to change my vote.

I do not feel even a bit iffy at this point since there's been only one Puntification post, and that sort of lurking matches well with my biased expectations of Scum behavior.
##Vote Puntification

What?

You agree with WM's post, that agreeing with someone's post is scummy? There is so much cognitive dissonance going on here that I have a hard time believing that anyone who is being genuine in their posting can think this way.

##vote Lumpen

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Now look at this picture of my baby.

Completely adorable.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm going to shoot someone tonight

Shoot TT.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

valk, read this post and the one directly above it together. I think you'll get it. I urge you to consider the entirety of my posting, if your alignment leads you to wish to avoid a mislynch.

I did. My opinion still stands.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

I read it, and like you, I found it uncompelling. I asked for a case attempt specifically to highlight the speciousness of the vote. I feel confident that a Scum casing me only makes them self look worse.

I disagree with you labeling my not engaging with those I consider Scum as "rude". It remains totally impossible and a waste of time to dissuade a Scum from an insincere "case" they falsely generated, because they don't believe themselves anyway. Looking at what Punt produced, I am additionally convinced that Punt argues in bad faith.

You evaluated the case yourself and found it unconvincing. Very good. So what motivates your vote? Even if you consider me a jerk, that never justifies lynching a Townie.

Can you elaborate how you think Punt argues in bad faith? I agree with his case.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

A Scum argues in bad faith by nature. If you agree with the case then I can only urge you to read more closely and critically. If I am mislynched, it will be you who failed to act correctly on the evidence.

Some of my early posting served as trollin', and that should be obvious by reading it in context (as I suggested comparing my post to wall monitor's above it), but as bait for the sort of thing an opportunistic Scum would try to fake-case. Punt fell for it, and forced out a bad faith excuse for a case. Can you see that?

I like that you did a stream of consciousness catch-up post series, but I feel sad that reading everything in one go maybe you lost some of the pacing and context. Despite your suspicion, I don't read you as Scummy, and I hope you reconsider.

Ok, so I still dont understand what parts of Punt's arguments were in bad faith, since your reply doesn't explain it to me. He made a case on you and I agree with it. I'm asking you to elaborate on why you think the case is bad, so that I can see your perspective as well. Can you do this?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Who's around?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Well if no one else shows up, this is a no lynch.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Only doing this to avoid a no lynch ##vote Punt

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Grandicap posted:

If Punt flips scum, fv is town, if not, this is a bad post.

It would be if this was the only time I'd backed Punt.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Puntification posted:

How does punt argue in bad faith? A scum argues in bad faith by nature. Punt is scum is not the proposition or conclusion of his arguments they are axiomatic to them, he is working backwards from his position that I am scum to make his arguments, I do like the irony that his arguments are about people arguing in bad faith because one of us definitely is.

You should probably also note that not only have neither of me or grandi flipped but Lumpen and I were tied for vote leader when I went to bed before the deadline with grandicap on 1 vote.

I'm not gonna vote anyone else but lumpen today. ##vote lumpen

I agree that Lumpen was posting in bad faith. I dislike his claim that his case was a trap. His argument is that he made a scummy post because the only people who would comment on that are scum. Then when two people commented on it (Punt and myself) he only thinks one of us are scum.

Why would scum be the only ones to comment on a bad case?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Of those 4 suspects, given that Punt didn't get lynched due to Mills preferring DHD, I suggest lynching DHD.
##Vote DHD

Lumpen, why is DHD your top choice to vote? What does Mills have to do with it?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie. posted:

Thick as in any cases I'd make would have to be incredibly conceited. Not thick as in chock-full of content.

Mills wouldn't lurk as scum.

Is Mills lurking? It's a relatively quiet game overall, so I didn't really think he was. Why do you think he is?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree about Mills. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about with 8bux though. I admit I have like no meta feel at all there, but you seem to feel awfully strong about this one.

This strikes me as bizarre. Hal, are you saying you have no idea how 8bux usually plays?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mills posted:

I read Punt as town. I tried to defend Punt, no one would listen, I wasn't going to vote for him so :shrug:

I would be happiest voting Exakt or DHD for the same reasons as yesterday but whatever. ##vote 8Bux

Both 8bux and DHD have one vote here, so why does Mills vote for 8bux instead of his preferred option of DHD?

Jumping on a lurker lynch over a player he would prefer to vote. Considering that Mills held up the lynch on Punt specifically to vote DHD on D1 this seems strange.

##vote mills

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, that is actually clearer, thank you!

Pretty much. I haven't played with 8bux in quite some time and I don't have any feel for what is "normal". Is that so hard to believe?

Do you need to know what is normal to comment on Ernie's original point that 8bux isn't posting much and was commenting on replacements rather than gameplay?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mills, why did you vote 8bux?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

because Ernie wanted him to

Why can't you let him answer for himself?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'd like people to look at Wall Monitor's posts. They are all only about players that other people are expressing opinions about, and they are not detailed or updating as the game changes. His posts's on 100 Years are the most obvious in this aspect. This is his initial vote on 100 from D1.

wall monitor posted:

100 yrs spends time talking about what scum would/wouldn't do, maybe it's a bit early in the day to really read into stuff much, but my intuition pings that as scum via a sort of 'Hey guyyyys, scum totally wouldn't do X, right' vibe

It's an ok reason for D1, but his read hasn't developed on 100 as more content is available. Given that 100 is by far posting the most amount of content in the game I think that WM's opinion is faked. He is ignoring ream's of content to just sit on his gut D1 case.

wall monitor posted:

:f5:

Actual content: I still don't like 100yrs, but I'm gonna do some reading before I vote.

wall monitor posted:

I'm here! Sorry for being quiet.

I still don't like 100 years. ##vote 100 years. I didn't like him much yesterday and my opinion hasn't changed much. In fact his Ernie vote makes me like him less.

wall monitor posted:

one fourth gut, three fourths stuff that happened day 1

I don't see a natural progression of thoughts here from WM. He's just made a decision that 100 is who he is going to push and is sticking to it without commenting on actual game content.

##vote WM

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What is the case on Ernie?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

I would vote Ernie or Hal if either proves a viable consensus lynch candidate in the next 2 hours.

Could you give me your thoughts on WM? You were correct last time the 3 of us played together.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

He was an early vote on Puntification D1. I think Punt remains most Scummy, and if that turns out right, it makes wall monitor likely Town.

I don't like wall monitor's lurking. However, I have seen him (as Town) pursue staunchly wrong paths in the recent past, and I don't read his opinions as insincere here, although I disagree with him on 100.

This bother's me Lumpen. Your opinion on players seems very strongly tied to who they want to vote and less about how they are posting -- although that might just be the emphasis from how you are posting. Do you normally make your alignment calls this way?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wall monitor posted:

gently caress, vote me out if that's what it takes, I just really don't want to go another day without euphemizing someone

This is an overreaction to one vote.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Does that make sense to you? I note that you seem very eager to find fault with me this game, but you approach it in an unusually indirect way, for example defending Puntification repeatedly and second guessing my read of wall monitor.

I dont think this is a fair representation. I asked my question because I was trying to understand your logic, especially because we haven't had a lynch yet. Like, I understand feeling more positive about someone because they think similarly to you, but I consider this alongside their other posts. Your opinions seem to give more weight to their agreement with your opinion than any other aspects of their play, or at least, that is how your posting is coming across to me.

Your comments about me I think explain part of my issue. You are so sure Punt is scum that it is colouring your read's of other players, and I think to your detriment. Earlier you said I was "enabling" Punt, which is not true. I merely have a different opinion to you, however you see that as a conspiracy between us.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

WM, is there more to your opinion on 100 Years than just your original case from D1? If so, can you elaborate?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

No one seems to be very chatty.

##vote Ernie

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

DuckHuntDog posted:

And since it is in the open:

This post stuck out to me considering it was bullshit.

That's a good point. Hurt, want to explain your comment?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think Kumba is scum. He is content lurking too, more so even than Hal in my opinion.

He doesn't explain his opinions and his vote on Ernie's seems opportunistic in retrospect.

The only case he has made was on 100, which he has now backed away from. He has mentioned Lumpen briefly and then yesterday he had this comment

Kumbamontu posted:

I would vote Lumpen or dhd or ernie, I don't have a strong opinion on anyone else and even these aren't super strong

There is no other mention of DHD or Ernie's in his post history and he attempts to qualify these opinions by saying they aren't "super strong" giving himself the chance to back away from them when they turn out to be a mislynch. He then goes on to vote Ernie for the day, with no further explanation.

##vote Kumba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I feel like the deadlines are too long. It's easy to leave the thread and forget about it because you don't have to worry about it for 3 or 4 days.

• Locked thread