Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

{2 Light side Points/4 Dark side Points}

Harlowe is smashed backwards as his face is clawed open by Saveth, sending him sprawling back out into the main corridor. He makes his landing and springs to his feet as quickly as he can, bringing his blaster around to take a finishing shot at Saveth. Just as he begins to raise the weapon his eyes seem to suddenly flair into a panic.

Space combat
Currently: Rescuing Viktor
TIE Fighter Wings at Close Range.
Star Destroyer at Medium Range.

Pirates at Medium Range to Saveth/Trev
Harlowe at Close Range to Saveth

Initiative

Dalessa 1T, 2S, 1A :rolldice:
(Soak 5;W??)Jacob Harlowe(Adversary 2, Defence 1) Jacob Harlowe 4S, 2A
(Soak 4;W3/5)Black Sun Pirate Squad (1)[3 members] 4S, 1A (in cover)
Imperial TIE Advanced (Valice) 3S, 2A
TIE Fighter Squadron [2 members] 3S
Saveth 2S, 2A
Sardeya 1S, 2A
Trev 0S, 2A (in cover)

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

"Enjoy life as a hood ornament."

It was the last thing Viktor heard before the searing cold hit him. He didn't even have time to make a pithy remark, and the hold-out blaster was frozen into his hands. The world ended for him then and there.

And then it all came back. Viktor falls forward from the carbonite chamber, the world bright white and blurry from being frozen. He shivers madly, and he turns his head from side to side, hearing the sounds of combat. It was Trev and Saveth. He registers that it's them, but not how he knows. Was it the sound of Trev's blaster and the Trandoshan snarl? He didn't really care.

Viktor staggers to his feet, his jaw clenched against the pain of the cold. He was desperate, he was scared, and he was furious. Furious at Harlowe for freezing him, furious for the fact he was scared, and furious that his holdout had been ruined. He drops it to the floor with a faint clatter, and Viktor hears Saveth take a nasty hit. He squints his eyes and tilts his head, his breathing ragged. Trev's been hit. Saveth's been hit. Dalessa's in trouble. And the entire situation was out of his control.

But he was blind. He was wounded. His friends were wounded. Panic and fear flood his mind, and the white of blindness turns to a claustrophobic darkness, and instinct kicks in. Without thinking about the hows or whys, Viktor raises his hand towards Jacob. He feels something course through his body, and suddenly, Jacob is thrown off his feet and into the steel bulkhead behind him, and dangles in the air, his eyes bulging and his throat constricting. The pirate claws at his throat, panic filling his face.

O'Mallah walks forward slowly, trying to blink the blindness away. "You backstabbing, thieving, Hutt sucking Wookiee poo poo! Five years of my life! My career! My old friends! MY NEW FRIENDS! MY! loving! EYE! You can't take any more from me, Jake! YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY MORE OF MY loving LIFE!" Viktor clenches his fist hard enough to cause the bones to pop and violently gestures to the side; the pirate grows still with a sudden, violent gurgle, and his body hurls through the air into another wall before crumpling to the ground, still as can be. Viktor stands for a moment, his teeth bared and his breath heavy, before he groans and pitches forward into a heap. Darkness greets him as he hits the floor, and he heads back into unconsciousness.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Trev

Trev had been kneeling behind a cover, trying to blast the drat pirates when the pirate leader had suddenly been slammed against the hull. As the other pirates fled towards the escape pods he tried to quickly slice them so that their airlocks would not seal completely, trying to make sure there wouldn't be loose ends to clean up later. He had waited before the cover until the escape pods had launched and then checked the pirate leader. Dead. Strangled and with broken neck.
The trooper first tried to find a logical explanation for what had just happened to the pirate called Harlowe, suggesting any kind of grav control malfunction or a localised pressure leak from a stray blaster bolt. None of those matched up even close.

Trev walked over to Viktor, keeping his hand still on his blaster. Unconcious. The moaning of the slave-hauler's hull alerted the clone of the Star destroyer hovering immediately over them. Dejected he tosses Viktor over his shoulder like a sack of potatos and makes for the Nite Owl
"Dammit, Victor, We're going to have words about this when you wake up."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The few remaining pirates scramble to the nearest escape pods only to be ripped apart in the launch as the pod's vacuum seals fail to lock and they are vented out into space. Trev hauls Viktor back into the Nite Owl, strapping him into the co-pilots seat as both himself and Saveth launch their vessels. It looks like they were getting out just in time as the Star Destroyer is moving towards the Pirate ship and begun opening fire on every vessel that wasn't broadcasting Imperial signals. The rocking of the Nite Owl detaching from the Pirate ship is enough to snap Viktor into consciousness, though his body was cold and slow to respond and his one good eye was blurry, he was alive. Thats more than anyone could say about Jacob Harlowe.

Space combat
Currently: Survive
TIE Fighter Wings at Close Range.
Star Destroyer at Medium Range.

Initiative

Dalessa 1T, 2S, 1A :rolldice:
Imperial TIE Advanced (Valice) 3S, 2A (Adversary 2 = 2 red dice)
TIE Fighter Squadron [2 members] 3S
Saveth 2S, 2A
Sardeya 1S, 2A
Trev 0S, 2A

kingcom fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 4, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Oh gently caress. There it was that guy again. The smart thing to do would be to just ignore him and focus on getting out of here alive, but Dalessa was a bit pissed off. "Agent Valice, you are severely underestimating both me and my comrades, considering what we have accomplished thus far. I would've thought an agent of the Security Bureau would do his research better. You're the only other Chiss I have seen in a long time ever since I left the Ascendancy, so I feel like I should be honest with you. We're both very determinate and focused in our objectives, since we ARE a superior race after all. I have no intention of dying here and you're standing in my way. That means I'm gonna try to kill you. I imagine the exact same goes for you. We're both gonna die if we keep this up, so why don't you just head back to your destroyer and I go my way, and we never see each other again?"

Lore: convincing Agent to leave: 1eP+2eA+2eD 2 failures, 3 advantage

Using a Destiny Dice
Destiny Dice: 1eA 1 success

"You know, this reminds me of a history lesson once, back in the Ascendancy universities. You know one of them has History of Space Warfare? I took that class once, back when I was still deciding what to do with my life. There was this Rear Admiral of the Imperial Navy, fifteen years ago. He was a human named Takero, very intelligent and skilled, he climbed the ranks pretty fast. There was a bright career ahead of him since the Empire was still young, that is until he made a very bad decision on an engagement against a pirate clan named Void Dragons in the Outer Rim. The pirates are long gone now for other reasons, but the tale still stands. See, the pirate leader was a Duros of all things, and he absolutely hated the Empire. He was a tenacious enemy against them, but he didn't have many ships, and yet he was a thorn on their operations.

So Rear Admiral Takero decides to get rid of this problem once and for all, with a Star Destroyer obviously, what better ship to intimidate enemies and to prove a point than that? And yet the pirate fleet was managing to survive the engagement, crippling some of the Destroyer defenses while getting ready to escape. What did Admiral Takero did, instead of letting them go for now and try a different tactic in the future? He got inside a TIE Fighter and decided to take the matter into his own hands. He exited the safety of the destroyer and went straight towards the pirate captain's ship with a squad of his own. And you know what? He killed the Duros alright, but not before the pirate captain crashed his ship with the Takero's TIE Fighter in a last suicide run. And that was the end of Rear Admiral Takero career. I highly suggest you learn from history and make the smart decision instead, Agent Valice."

Didn't succeed with the dice but hopefully with the advantages I stall him.

code:
Silhouette: 3
Speed: 5
Handling: +3
Shields: Fore: 0/Port:0/Starboard:0/Aft: 0
Armour: 2
Hull Trauma Threshold: 6
System Strain: 8

Weapons: Forward Mounted Medium Laser Cannons 
(Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1 )

frajaq fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 4, 2015

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The comm unit only returns static for a brief is the very definition of tension. The incoming TIE Fighters scream towards you, unheeded by your warnings as you and Sardeya line up to shoot them right back. The slow trickling of movement seems to last hours. Sardeya cuts the silence, "Thats one brave speech there Blue, we only need to stall for a few more seconds and if you pull this off.." She is cut off by the TIE formation breaking off and streaking downwards towards the pirate vessel instead of themselves or their companions. The TIEs open fire with lasers and concussion missiles, obliterating the ships engine systems. Sardeya breaks off trying to catch up with the rapidly retreating Trev and Saveth, "You boys might not want to be running. After all, this isn't an escape. Its an attack."

Before you even have time to change your course your sensors suddenly blare out a warning as a huge number of ships suddenly break out of hyperspace. A complete mishmash of random vessels from different manufacturing centers across the galaxy, all forming in a broken and scattered formation with only a single identifiable thing in common. Every fighter, bomber, cargo ship, frigate and cruiser all bare the same marking:

Sardeya's voice breaks over the comms again, "If you want out, break out of the fight and punch it. Blue, I owe you more than one, and even you Saveth. There's a medical frigate the back, dock when you can and I'll meet you when this is over. Anyone else is free to meet up when this star destroyer is just a wreck.

The Agent's TIE Advanced, now well and truly out of range is spitting towards the second Star Destroyer far off in the distance. Even from here it becomes clear that the ship is powering up its hyperdrive and trying to collect any vessels it can in range. The nearby Star Destroyer is unfortunately not so lucky. Having diverted its shields to protect its bridge, the huge fleet having just arrive right behind it has managed to decimate its rear section, completely crippling its ability to manoeuvre let alone try and engage its hyperdrive. What was moments ago a choatic mess of vessels trying to out run the Imperial jailors has turned into a massacre. Already confused by the the prison break, this new fleet has completely decimated the scattered and disorganised Imperial forces. Even before you have a chance to decide if you are staying or leaving it becomes clear that this 'battle' is going to spend more time in the cleanup phase.

Though you all have a choice and an invitation to stick around.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 4, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth watches on in stunned silence as the man he was about to rip limb from damned limb gets lifted up in the air and slammed into the deck. He stands there blinking in confusion as the other pirates scatter for the escape pods. As Trev kneels before the dead pirate leader Saveth tastes the air with his tongue. "Did Viktor do that? How did Viktor do that?" The trandoshan blinks at the dead man, and then over at the collapsed Viktor, and then back again. "What is going on here?"

As the clone starts taking Viktor towards the Owl, Saveth heads for the shuttle. Wincing in pain as he takes a seat. Trandoshans heal rapidly, but not rapid enough to recover from the injuries he has suffered today. If he's lucky his ribs are just cracked and not outright broken, and the blaster shot he just took is going to keep him scarred until his next molting.

He doesn't have much time to dwell on the pain as a small fleet of ships come racing out of Hyperspace and thoroughly trounces the Imperial ships. Saveth just puts his claws up in the air and hisses before keying the coms, "Trev, Dalessa, I don't even care what we do now. Someone get back to me when you've decided. I'm going to sit here and try to not hurt for a while."

Saveth sets the ship to maintain its current position, leans back in the pilot's chair, and closes his eyes; trying to ignore the painful throb coming from his whole torso.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa breathes a sigh of relief as the Agent does the smart thing and retreats. She does not know what to make after the drat REBELS SHOW UP. "Yeah Sardeya I think I have had enough of space warfare for one day, thank you very much. I'm gonna go back to my crew and talk about our next move."

As she pilots the TIE Fighter towards the teammates position she listens to Saveth on their general comm. "Sooooo Sav, you mind telling me what happened in the slavers ship while I was busy saving your sorry asses? I went alone against a drat Star Destroyer by myself!"

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 4, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth gives a wince as he reaches for the com switch. "Apparently they knew Viktor. Had him in carbonite. Freed him. Other stuff happened that we shouldn't discuss on an unsecured comm line." Saveth switches it off and sets an intercept course with the Nite Owl.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

When Viktor awakens, he groans, leaning forward in the seat and holding his aching head. He glances up as the sensors go apeshit, and he watches in stunned silence as an entire rebel armada appears out of nowhere. He sits back in the seat, rubbing his temples and shutting his eyes. He remains silent for a moment before leaning forward and flicking the comms off, turning to the clone trooper. "This rebellion poo poo can wait. We need to talk."

He sits for a moment, trying to pull his thoughts together."We've run together for a few years now. You're my partner, and about the closest thing to a best friend I got." He pauses, wincing in pain as his own voice worsens his headache. "So lay it on me straight. Did I just.. throw.. Jacob into a wall with my mind? Or was that just an amazing carbonite fever dream?" Viktor seems almost incredulous the words are coming from his mouth, and he looks out the window at the amassed armada laying siege to a Star Destroyer. The fact he had helped set that up just made his head hurt worse.

When he and Trev are done talking, he sighs and slumps back in the seat, his head back against the headrest and his eyes closed. "Turn comms back on. We'll hit that med ship and see what the gently caress is actually going on. Nem'ro is gonna have a loving field day with this."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth claws the coms, "Copy that Victor, I'll follow the Owl in."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa opens her comm to Sardeya. "Well we decided pretty fast, we are heading towards the medical frigate right now." The Chiss does the same, following the Owl towards the med ship

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Everyone makes their way aboard the Rebel medical vessel, the Nebulon B Frigate 'Redemption' . The Dalessa and Sardeya each dock inside the ship while the Lambda shuttle and the Nite Owl link up on the outside. The crew is quickly taken to the medical facilities to have their injuries treated and at least some attempt to help Viktor recover from his ordeal. The medics are fairly diligent at their task, refusing to ignore any protests until they are sure they have at least made sure there is no permanent damage. By the time they are done Sardeya returns to join the group, followed by a Bothan in mid argument.

The bothan speaks in a hushed and generally disgruntled tone, "Are you sure letting them on board is the best course of action Sardeya? Bore'pak may have come through for us but it doesn't mean we can have his people running around..."
Sardeya on the other hand seems calm but with a definite hint of positivity , "You also suggested I not get myself taken to Kessel in the first place but that seems to have worked out. A lot better than we hoped."
The bothan shakes his head, still unhappy. "Success isn't the point. Your too valuable for something like this. Theres not another.." He glances nervously at the group as the enter the medical ward the group is currently in, "..well you."
At this point Sardeya turns the face the group, staring directly at Viktor, "No, there is another."

Before Sardeya can say anything else the Bothan pass her a thing metal cylinder, roughly the size of a code cylinder though with a obvious grip at one end of it, give the mock of a salute and disappears down the corridor. Sardeya takes a seat on the nearby bed adopting a fairly relaxed posture and attaching the cylinder to the back of her belt. She seems to have changed into something a little less ragged but still keeping the general tight fitting robes she had before. "It's good to see you all outside of a firefight for a change. The fleet has finished up the Imperials and evacuating everyone we can. We're about to enter hyperspace. Should be about a days journey and you can get off there. Hopefully that is not a problem? We dont want to be hanging around here when the Empire comes back to retake Kessel."

She pauses for a moment, realising that not everyone had actually met. "So I suppose introductions are appropriate. My name is Sardeya Aundul, and we are members of the Rebel Alliance. If you get the chance I hope you can thank Gore'pak the Hutt for me. To be honest I did not think he would come through with a plan that...desperate. You all did a lot of good down there, even if you only did so for your pay. Dalessa, you save a lot of people today with a pretty crazy stunt. Thank you for trusting me. If you ever need someone to fly with you, give me a call. You as well Saveth." Turning to face Trev she attempts a weak smile but quickly things better of it, "I'm guessing you managed to put a lot of this together clone. I faught alongside your people during the Clone Wars and I don't expect any of this to be easy for you to cope with."

Finally she turns he face Viktor, "I'm not sure if I should wait before you have recovered some more if you want to do this now but it is important that you acknowledge what happened down there."

kingcom fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 2, 2015

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Trev

Trev had decided to wear his helmet, in hopes that it would make people think he was not in as bad mood as he was. It didn't really work as the scowl on the helmet was almost a mirror image of his face underneath. The tight fit and dim glow of telemetry from the laminate armor was the only thing that still felt normal to him. None of this made any sense; being a guest on a drat Rebel ship, being debriefed by the traitor generals, whatever had happened on the slaver ship, not even what had happened on the mining camp.

"I suspected something was up when Lieutenant Moor started asking me about Lord Vader, Master Aundul, but I was operating within the officially available information concerning the fate of Traitor Jedi and the Separatists. It matched what I know of Republic Grand Army's past efficiency. Trev responds, his voice modulated by the armor.
"I should not reveal information carelessly, but I have a feeling your people have ways of extracting information without cooperation so I will just point out that we are not aligned with the Hutt, he merely purchased our services for Hutt reasons. It is likely that he might've only worked as a middleman, selling our service to you."

Sormus fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 5, 2015

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Sardeya looks at Trev intently as he speaks up. Though she is careful to try and minimise her reaction at the 'traitor jedi', it is obvious enough to see her tighten up. "I...thank you for your honesty then. Though I am no master. You helped to saved me and a lot of good people imprisoned by the Empire today. You do not have to pass on any information if you do not wish to though we would be glad to hear it. Perhaps I should return later?" Sardeya reaches into her pocket and produces a comm unit, placing on the bed she was leaning against. "If you wish to talk, I will be ready to listen." She offers up a polite nod before departing the medical ward.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth is thankful for the medical treatment, though he is wary and aloof, letting the medbots touch him as little as possible and not saying a word. He even remains silent as Sardeya comes into the room and speaks. When she leaves Saveth looks around anxiously. "Trev, is she really one of the dreaded Jedi? enemies of democracy and killers of children? We should not even wait for this one day. We should leave that com link behind, go back to our ships, and wash our hands and claws clean of this."

Saveth then eyes Viktor suspiciously, "And is what you did on the ship to that slaver jedi trickery? How long have you been an enemy of the Empire? So far I signed on with this crew for the opportunity to hunt bounties, and all we've done is work for foolish rebels either directly or indirectly. I have no interest to see how much further this Sarlac hole goes."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

"You're welcome Sardeya! Just...don't expect me to do something like this ever again, alright?" she says with a smile.

When she goes away Dalessa turns to the crew. "I have to agree with Sav, continuing doing business with Rebels is definitely a bad idea. drat Hutts, I expected anything but this!"

She pauses, looking at Trev and Viktor. "So...what happened in that slaver ship?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Though he is in no mood, Saveth does crack a small smile, "At least the two of us see reason, if only the two humans would see the same. I can answer you question Dalessa. I was about to disembowel the man who had encased Viktor in carbonite. That man then levitated into the air, as if grabbed by the throat by some unseen hand, and was slammed against the bulkhead with enough force to kill him. It seemed our dear captain Viktor was the cause. Based on the way Sardeya, a known Jedi terrorist, is acting; I think Viktor might be a distrustful jedi too, though perhaps he should best speak to that." The Trandoshan wants to glare at Viktor, but his conflicting feelings leave him only to avoid looking in the direction of the one eyed man.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Nevermind that Sardeya being a Jedi was huge news for Dalessa, and now loving VIKTOR was a force user too? The Chiss closes her eyes for a few seconds and takes a deep breath, doing everything she can to maintain her cool composure. "I...see. That is unfortunate indeed. Were you hiding this from us, Viktor? Or at least me and Sav?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

During the whole time the Jedi was there, Viktor remained guarded and distant. He didn't trust her, especially now that he knew what he could do. He sighs, giving Saveth a stern look as he talks, and once he and Dalessa both accuse him, he gets frustrated. "You think if I knew I could loving do that, I wouldn't have done it ANY number of times before when we were in trouble?! You don't think choking a guy out and slamming him into a bulkhead with my mind wouldn't have been useful back on Byss, when Saveth had to tear a guy's arm off to get him to let go of my throat?" He sits up with a wince, pointing at Trev while looking Saveth in the eyes. "I've been working with a clone trooper for almost as long as I've been out of prison, and it's only the fact he knows I've never done anything like that in my life that he didn't put a blaster bolt in my head while I was out. You think he'd let an actual jedi live?"

Viktor grunts as he gets his legs out of the bed, narrowing his eyes at Saveth. "You talk big about treason for a guy who is on holovids breaking a jedi and political prisoners out of an Imperial prison, to a guy who was captured by Black Sun while protecting the facility from a pirate raid. You think any of us had any idea going in this was the deal? Do you think for a loving minute that.." He seems about ready to continue going off but stops, his brow furrowing. He glances to the comm for a moment, before picking it up and tossing it to Trev. "We'll talk about this after a security sweep."*

Once Trev is done and any bugs are found and no longer broadcasting, Viktor turns back to Saveth. "This was all to clear Dalessa, or did you forget that? We were doing this for Nem'ro. We were doing this to get our asses out of the fire with the ISB. This was for money and safety, Saveth, not some ideology. You think Trev would've gone along with this if he thought we'd be helping the rebellion?" He sighs, resting his head in his hands. "So we get out of here once we're ready. We get out, we make for Nar Shadda, we give everything to Nem'ro and then.. I don't know. I don't know what to do about this.. condition, I guess, either.. but I don't think it'll come up again."

O'Mallah sighs again, looking between all three of them. He steels himself, sitting up as straight as he can. "We've all worked together for a long while now; I've been your captain, and I've always been straight with you. If any of you think for a second I've been double crossing you, that anything I've done has been aimed to aide the rebellion on purpose, and that I've always been a jedi.. well, then you've got a Lambda shuttle you can fly out on. You can leave me my old hunk of junk, and go on and get the hell out of here and never look back. But we've still got a Hutt to talk to, and we've got our names to clear."

"So who's with me?"

*Assuming that the room is clean.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

As Viktor begins to harangue Saveth, the Trandoshan gets defensive for the first time around the Captain, standing himself up to his full height and puffing out his chest, despite the residual pain from his recent, albeit healed, wounds. "Do not dare presume to question my loyalty here. The only home I knew was Coruscant until I reached the age of 19. I am older than the Empire by almost double. I remember the Old Republic. I grew up in the Shadow of the Jedi Temple. I head the same stories as a small hatchling of how the Jedi were there to protect us. But I too remember the Clone Wars. I remember the attack on Coruscant by the Sepratists. But more than that, I remember the night of the Jedi's betrayal. While I watched the vid-screen of the disfigured Chancellor's speech about how the Jedi had tried to assassinate him I also looked out the window, watching the Jedi Temple burn while Brave Clone troopers tried to seize these radicals. For the next six years more and more of the truth came out as each jedi was hunted down and exterminated, ensuring that they could not topple the security of the Empire from within."

Saveth is visibly becoming calmer, his chest not as puffed out and his shoulders receding a bit. "Jedi use the powers of the Force. If you value my trust, then answer me this to my satisfaction; if you use the Force, but are not a Jedi, then what exactly are you?"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa stays silent as Viktor's mouths off. He had every right to be pissed. She knew she would be too, although she would try to show she wasn't. When Saveth gets up Dalessa does the same, glancing at the Trandoshan before looking at Viktor. "Easy there, Sav. Look Vik, I'm sorry for doubting you since you're doing a lot for me these days, but this...condition of yours simply worries us a lot too. How much can you control it? Can you simply...not use it? Maybe the best would be to forget this incident ever happened. Leave this Jedi business to the Rebels and all that. But in any case, I'm still with you and Trev."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Trev does a quick check and finds no evidence of any kind of surveillance or monitoring in the room.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

Viktor scratches at his beard in thought at Saveth's question; it was a good one. Even Viktor didn't really know what it meant for him. "I dunno what the Jedi would classify me as, but the way I look at it? Someone can be good with a gun but that doesn't make him a soldier." He shrugs. "I don't know anything about the jedi, Sav; I'm a navy man, not a ground pounder. All I've heard are stories. I've never met one, save for Greenie out there, and I've never done anything like I did back there."

He glances to Dalessa. "Dal, I've not been using it for every day of my life until about an hour ago. I didn't even know I had it in me. I came out of a fuckin' carbonite coma and saw Jake shooting my friends, and I just got angrier than I have in my life, and next thing I know, I feel this.. power, I guess. And I used it without even thinking about it." Viktor runs a hand through his hair. "But yeah, I agree. I just wonder how the rebels, and that jedi, are gonna take it."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa shrugs. "They will possibly try to teach you how to use your powers...." It felt really weird saying those words. "For better or for worse, probably the latter in the long-run, we helped them a lot today. They can feel whatever they want about it, they owe us. Sardeya owes me. They can't force you to do anything."

She pauses, reflecting on the events today. "Besides... we are gonna want to lay low after this. I had another run-in with Agent Valice after my run at the Star Destroyer. He was in a TIE Advanced and was ready to go at us, but I managed to stall him and possibly convince him to leave us for now. But he'll be back. How about we try searching for an isolated colony somewhere that could use our services, after this? Somewhere away from this chaos."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Trev

Trev has stayed in the sidelines because he was afraid of aggravating the situation. He had been reviewing video capture from his helmet.
"What is bugging me about this is how did Vik actually kill the pirate leader. From what I remember of the Jedi was that they never killed anyone with 'Force', it was all mere feints and parlor tricks. I recall they were even offended by the notion, as if it was somehow beneath them."
The old trooper had an inkling this was something he had seen before, but he just couldn't place it. Aside from Viktor's possible new infection he was certainly not feeling well staying on the Rebel ship longer than necessary.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Having decided to stick around at least until the Rebel fleet exits hyperspace in just over a days time, the Bothan you met earlier assigns you some sleeping quarters. A handful of various Rebel pilots and soldiers all are transferred to the medical ship. Mostly minor wounds but a few serious injuries that a significant portion of the ship's medical staff are focused on. Viktor's freezing damage is almost completely recoverable but still will require rest and the occasional Kolto treatment in order to fully restore himself as quickly as possible. Your sleeping quarters are pretty spartan, though for Trev that might just be exactly what he is after. Surprisingly though they are pretty adaptable to different species, with adjustable lighting, temperature and even some changes to the air density and quality. The Bothan himself seems highly suspicious of you doesn't make any attempt to be particularly threatening. He is while pretty sharp and standoffish, at least respectful, letting them know if they need anything they should feel free to contact them.

He actually attempts to strike up a conversation with Saveth and Dalessa, though the pleasantries are forced at best, eventually he reaches his point.
"So, that Imperial Shuttle you stole. Do you have any particular plans for it? Those things can be pretty valuable to the right people I've heard."

Some time during the trip Viktor finds himself in his room, woken from a troubled sleep. Hes not exactly sure how much time has passed but he is fairly sure he lost consciousness after being submerged in a Kolto Tank at some point. The bed and quarters certain feel familiar and safe enough. After a few moments of nervousness he realise hes only clothed lightly in some medical robes with his regular clothing, having been folded and cleaned, sitting on a desk nearby. As he stands up, still feeling a little shaky, though his eyesight seems to have at least full returned, he hears a knock at the door. The sound of his movement must have been enough to alert whoever was outside he was awake as the door's lock overrides and it slides open. The figure in the doorway steps forward, running their hand over the room's light control and slowly increasing the light to a dim but easy to see level. The figure removes their hood slowly to give Viktor a chance to adjust to the light.

Standing in front of you is Sardeya, emotionless, trying to get a feel for you given your very brief contact. "Hello Viktor. How are you feeling? Would you tell me about what happened?"

kingcom fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 9, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa secretly dreaded spending more and more time on a Rebel ship, but Viktor still needed some medical attention, so she sucked it up, even having to sleep in the military-style quarters. If the Bothan didn't like them, the Chiss at least didn't felt like she should like him too, but nonetheless talked. "That's actually a good question Sav" she says, glancing at the Trandoshan. "How useful is that thing for a bounty hunter like you?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth chooses to ignore the whole Viktor situation for now. It was all new to all of them, even their captain, and Saveth had been reacting, not thinking. Not pleased at staying with the Rebels at all, he takes off to the provided quarters and keeps to himself. When the Bothan questioned about the shuttle, Saveth glares at him. "I have no interest in aiding and abetting terrorists, let me be clear about that." Saveth then draws in closer and whispers, "that said, if you had another ship willing to trade for it, i might be up for it. I need something that can fly and has rooms for cells. The shuttle meets those needs, but if you had something else, I might consider trading."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The bothan narrows his eyes and grimaces as your implication that he is a terrorist but he seems to let it go without saying something. "Having cells isn't exactly something we prioritise on our small ships Mr. Saveth. However we do have smaller one man crafts that might serve your purpose as a bounty hunter. You seem to already have a larger ship to transport people but taking them out seems like something you might have trouble with. We've been sticking to mostly old Z-95 Headhunters and Y-wings as you probably noticed. Good thing for you is they are mostly inconspicuous in the outer rim. Any fool with some credits could get their hand on one. Ours on the other hand are clean up a fair bit from the standard trash you find in the galaxy and we've added hyperdrives to the Z-95's. So I'd be willing to trade a pair of those ships to you if you were interest. Two Z-95s or a Z-95 and a Y-Wings seems like a fair trade. Its more than you'd ever get on the open market and you don't have to hide its origin.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth narrows his eyes at the smelly Bothan. He knew he had the upper hand. These terrorists would certainly love to have an Imperial shuttle with which to do all sorts of anti-governmental acts. Even then, Saveth didn't want the trouble of either flying around a stolen Imperial shuttle or trying to sell one. The Bothan was right when it said that these older fighters would be much easier to sell.

"You are right, it would be hard for me to sell the shuttle for much on the open market. That said, there are other organizations that would pay to have an Imperial shuttle, especially the transponder codes. The Headhunters are trash fighters. Make it two of the Y-wings. Also there are four people on our ship. Throw in a couple swoop bikes so they do not feel left out, and we have a deal." Saveth flashes his flesh rending teeth in a quick grin.

that's a cold rear end honkey: 2eA+2eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 11, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

Viktor squints against the bright light and turns his head, cursing under his breath. He knew this was going to happen; not from any special magical powers but from the fact that he knew people loved to have poo poo in common, especially when not a lot of people had that certain thing in common with them. He just naturally assumes the Jedi are pretty much all lonesome nerds who just want to talk about the Force like they were holo-comics. Whether or not she can feel his annoyance and disgust with her, he can't tell.

"I thought you types knew everything? You felt that I used whatever the Force is to kill a man, I think you can tell me what exactly happened." He turns to face her halfway through his sentence, his eyebrows furrowed. Viktor wasn't a spur of the moment kinda guy; he liked his plans. He liked when a plan came together. He liked it even more when Saveth wasn't bitching at him about ammo or time or whatever it was the trando liked to complain about, and Dalessa wasn't put in the line for fire. He sure as hell didn't like these new magic powers of his. He hadn't taken them into account, ever.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The bothan stares at Saveth incredulous at the offer. "Two Y-wings. Those are worth more than the drat shuttle itself. Good luck trying to offload it. I was asked to be polite to you but I don't have to listen to your nonsense. Look, I can throw in a pair of speeders and a supply of concussion missiles along with the Z-95 and Y-Wing but thats it. You dont want it you figure out how to sell it on your own. You may have helped Sardeya but I don't know you and that means I don't trust you."

Sardeya moves into the room, keeping her eyes locked on Viktor, and closes the door behind her. "Even the wisest of us didn't know everything, if they did there would be a lot more of us around. I can't tell you exactly what happened. I felt pain, angry and even hate. It flowed from you like a river but you were lucky and it didn't tear you apart as it can do. Looking at you it seems you have a history that would support that kind of pain though the reason why you hold onto it is up to you."

She finally breaks eye contact with Viktor and fidgets with her foot placement, staring at the ground in an attempt to quickly compose herself and gather her thoughts. "Look, I don't know how this is supposed to go. With me it was young and it was during a time where there was some stability and peace in the galaxy. With you...I don't know so I'm going to do this the way I experienced it." She breaks her train of thought for a moment before breathing in deeply to try and steady her troubled tone. "The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surround us and penetrates us; It binds the galaxy together. And it is strong with you Viktor. Now that it has awoken, you have a choice. You can continue with your life, maybe you are lucky and can stay out of the Empire's notice, you feed that pain and use it fulfil whatever personal desires you have. It will ultimately consume you like it has with all others who have walked that path but until any of that happens it will at least be your life. Or you can come with us, come with me. Learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like those who have come before. I do not know your destiny and do not know the will of the Force but I believe we have met for a reason."

[Since things are a little slowed down at the moment I'll give xp out. Everyone gets 40xp]

kingcom fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 11, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth narrows his eyes at the Bothan,"Well that is good Bothan, because I don't particularly trust you either. I didn't even know that two Y-wings were more than the shuttle. Then consider that extra amount my 'don't look into what the price on your and the Jedi's head is and come back to collect the bounty' fee. Two Y-wings and two speeders. If you don't like it, that's fine. I got a great slicer that can wipe that military transponder, make it a civilian one, and I can give it a slick paint job. Yeah, a shuttle not in military hands would be a little odd, but Cygnus Spaceworks have been selling civilian models."

Saveth turns to walk out of the room. Not to call the Bothan's bluff, he really could care less if he gets the ships, but Saveth was feeling dramatic for a change.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

Viktor laughs when the woman says he has a choice, and he shakes his head. "Don't kid yourself with your mystic bullshit, lady. You know I don't have a choice in where I go. I got things hangin' over my head that are gonna follow me until I confront 'em. I'm not some fuckin' rebel with no ties to life or reality; I got people relyin' on me. You think I can just pack up and float around space? You think I can shrug off a debt to a Hutt? Dalessa was in there because of a fuckin' debt to one of those fat slimeballs." He shifts, sitting up in bed and glaring at the jedi woman. "I'm their Captain, they need me, and trust me, they've seen enough poo poo with you jedi to not really wanna follow me in followin' you. You think the clone trooper is gonna be happy around your green mystical rear end? Or the trando that's been staring at you like you're making GBS threads in his bed?"

The captain shakes his head. "You wanna teach me about this poo poo? You gotta come with me. You gotta convince me what you're doin' is the right thing, cause lady, I flew for the Empire for a decade. I'm a citizen, not a soldier, and I got not crazy ideas any government is ever benevolent; I got thrown in prison for a lie. But you want me to work with you? Make me see it." He folds his arms across his chest with his eyebrows raised, waiting for the woman to respond.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

As Saveth begins to turn away a series of angry curses emanate from behind. While it is not in a language the trandoshan understands the sentiment is practically universal, "FINE. Two Y-Wings and two speeders. They will be in the hangar by the time you are departing." The Bothan storms off, the resolution of the deal having done nothing to cool his temper.

Sardeya stares at Viktor for a moment, from his perspective she is doing her best to burrow into his eyes, before breaking away. "Your right. You deserve that much at least. If you're willing we can go together on a mission. I'll hire your crew out, they seem like they would be perfect for this particular task. We would be travelling to the world of Dantoonie, in the Mid-Rim. A much larger Imperial presence than you see out here. We'll be going there to save an innocent life, one not connected to the Rebellion or any wrongdoing but simply having the misfortune of being born. If we are particularly luck your crew will also have the chance to apprehend a dangerous bounty while there. This should provide motivation enough to go along with the job."

She begins pacing while trying to formulate her words, "The reason I was on Kessel was to recover something that we thought was lost to us before the Empire could get their hands on it. An ancient Jedi device called a Holocron. On it contain many ancient records but among them was a list of predictions made by Jedi Masters long gone. This list named people and families who were believed to contain or one day become force sensitives like yourself. I hope to make a copy of the list and smuggle it off Kessel but that plan failed. Thankfully with your help I managed to get the Holocron itself off world. It was originally saved from the Jedi Temple back when it fell by Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi before his former apprentice turned on him", She clears her throat for a moment before adjusting the collar of her robes and continuing on, "Obi-Wan was killed trying to protect his apprentice's wife and unborn children. The only survivors we're a pair of droids who brought the news of what happened. Which means it is up to us to continue the work that he died for."

"I do not know if this will convince you that our cause is just and my path is meant to be your path too. You must remember that you always have a choice even if it does not appear that way. It is a job if nothing else."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

While Saveth keeps negotiating with the Bothan, Dalessa keeps her gaze fixated on her personalized sniper rifle as she thinks about her choices in life thus far.

When did everything go so wrong? At first she wanted to explore the galaxy, discover and catalog new species, hunt a little on the side for her financial sake and make good with Fachikoma Expeditions that invested in her initially. But now look at this mess, all because of the drat Hutts. Slaving, despicable slimes all of them. Bore'pak and Nem'ro are just a few. Wouldn't the galaxy be better without them?

She begins wondering just how hard is it killing a Hutt. They're big, mostly immobile targets, but they always surround themselves with bodyguards and mercenaries, and are usually inside their mansions and the like. But they have their vulnerable moments don't they? When they're on their pleasure barges or on the very rare occasions they have to walk the streets. All it would take it some good planning, some good positioning, patience to wait for the right time "...and a single well-aimed bullet to the head." She looks around the room when she realizes she said her thought out loud, uncharacteristic of her, seeing if Saveth or the Bothan heard it. But the two had already finished their negotiation. She glances at the trandoshan. "Erhm. So, did you get what you wanted, Sav?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth gives a grin at the Chiss. "Eh I didn't really want anything. I was just trying to give that Bothan a hard time for the sake of doing so. I'd have just as much just offloaded the shuttle for a few thousand credits since we've already got a ship. I've no interest in getting sucked into this rebellion, and I plan to sell off those Y-wings as soon as possible. I don't see myself much as a fighter ace or anything. A ship is a means to getting you to a bounty, I've only got to know just enough about flying a ship to get from place to place. Plus you can't hold a bounty in a fighter."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
because everyone else posts their picture every post
Viktor

Viktor closes his eye for a moment and rests his head back, listening to the jedi's words. A job was something he could understand and handle. He'd already all but made up his mind he was going, but he knew it wasn't just his decision. A few moments after she finishes talking, Viktor opens his eye and sighs.

"I'll run it by the crew. We need to finish up what we started here before we can do it, but that'll give me time to talk to them about it. You give me a way to contact you, and if we take it, you'll hear from me. If not, well.. I think that's it." He remains stonyfaced as he talks, watching her carefully. Was it the force he was feeling, giving away her emotions? He wondered about that; he'd always been fairly emphatic, and had always been a good pilot. Was it his skill, or some magical energy that flows through the universe?

The captain furrows his brow. He did not like the implication that his abilities were not his own. So they HAD to be his own. He sure as hell didn't think the force was how he could charm people, and it sure as hell didn't teach him how to fly a ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Trev

Trev has been hiding away on nite owl, trying to avoid having to deal with any possible Rebel Jedis and their mind tricks.

Updated sheet. Got more hp, more soak

• Locked thread