Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

What the hell is happening with Archie lately?

Don't lump Archie in with that poo poo. Archie has actually gotten way better in the last few years.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Meatwave posted:

Here are some comics:

Having worked in Elder care you can only do this if you're already wearing a diaper and the pad is for insurance. Dude should have sucked it up and bought some depends. The "male-only" brand is surprisingly good quality and colored all slate-grey per unofficial hygiene product rules of the last 5 years.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nitrox posted:

It's a cartoon joke, bro. Nobody is actually doing that. You don't have to give advise

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ryonguy posted:

"Ugh, loving woman just want muscle dudes with big dicks"

It must be some sort of mental hell to think that way and be ill-equipped in both regards.

It's like they've welded iron boots on their feet and are now complaining about how hard it is to jump.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PYF Funny Comics-- time to whip 'em out.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Good thing they picked a house with kids already dressed up yet not actually trick-or-treating.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Now the question for the class is:

Can Owl do better if he decides to move out?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm the intern who drew "this gently caress" in the final panel.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

I never felt the original comic was tasteless, really. Every mission like that in an MMO is "Help get everyone out of Terrible Situation", but because it's a game it's "Help five people out of Terrible Situation, then run off to let the rest experience Terrible Situation for all eternity".

Like, I kinda get being upset over it, but not to the degree folks did.

No one really minds the frame of the joke. Using rape is a bit tasteless, but whatever it's perfectly within PA's wheelhouse so it was a bit surprising to see so much pushback. The problem was always in Gabe's inability to just say "I'm sorry you feel that way" and leave it alone. Dude's a classic example of someone whose one noteworthy technical skill allowed them to progress way further than someone of their mental and emotional development ever should have progressed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

I'm a bit surprised to see someone take this perspective. If there's nothing really wrong with the comic in the first place, why is a non-apology like that something that he's (morally?) obligated to give?

I mean, maybe that would be the cynically pragmatic response, but it hardly seems like it's desirable on principle.

You misread. The frame of the joke about MMO NPCs is perfectly benign. The rape aspect is tasteless but nothing too unusual for PA. That's not saying there's nothing really wrong with the comic. As for your weird semiotics about whether an apology was due or not I reeaaaaalllly don't give a gently caress.

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

It's that or Moon Over June again.

I'll post about dickwolves all night if it means no Moon Over June.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You need to be quarantined and studied. Antibodies need to be drawn. Vaccines prepared. Your life as you know it is now forfeit in the name of the greater scientific good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nitrox posted:

That was pretty good. Here is a new one

It's really churlish of me to poo poo on what's essentially one of the Garfields of webcomics after 17 years, but I feel like I've read this exact basic joke by them at least 5 times.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jastiger posted:

Vg cats is a good and funny webcomic. Deal with it.

Lol what? No.

quote:

PA isn't what it used to be, and its clear they've moved on from a lot of the "in the game" humor as they don't play as much anymore. Its clear its a business at this point.

Agreed.

quote:

Its still funnier than many other webcomics out there

True but this isn't a compliment to PA, it's a comment on how bad many other webcomics are.

quote:

and occasionally hits one out of the park with some good commentary or unique stories.

Lol no.

quote:

PVP is less funny but I've been with it so long I Can't just give it up. Plus the artist is from Des Moines lolololol

Oh god lol no.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Radio Help posted:

I love achewood as much as I hate this thread, please commence to convincing me it's not funny

It's great but it has that pseudo - genius quality where you really have to groove on the author's wavelength and if you can't it mutates before your eyes into garbage nonsense for weird people with too much time. I got the same way about Alan Moore.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What do you call it when an artist spends the back half of their career hustling to prove to women that he's "one of the good ones?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nitrox posted:

An artist that hasn't missed an update in like 8 years.

My bowels are consistent too. I don't expect you to be impressed by them all the same.

Who What Now posted:

It's both, really.

Nooooo

Semi-Relevant Content:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Man that is some hardcore pandering.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is shockingly accurate to my memories of Final Fantasy IX

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is only a slight exaggeration of some of the druggies I've known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rysithusiku posted:

i was personally more of a fan of the day 1 realization that this game isn't actually multi-player at all and was sold on lies and now the devs are trying to cover their asses.

A Kickstarter game sold on unrealistic promises and flat-out lies? Surely you speak voodoo.

• Locked thread