Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
NSAC hearings: Come for the PED-Punishment, stay for the Asimovian Argument

The NFL as per Tony Marnell's idea of ideal public perception:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bill Brady: "It deducted two, what if I only want to deduct one?"

Tech-Guy "You have a button there where you can go 'oops, I made a mistake'' and correct the score before submitting it."

The future of MMA scoring, ladies & gentlemen.

Bonus BUT WILL THEY RISE AGAINST US?-pic

To clarify: This is a proposed digitalization of scorecards with tablets.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I could listen to them talk about technology all day.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

To be perfectly honest, I welcome this proposition, Adelaide Byrd playing Angry Birds ringside would make for much better decisions.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hmm all good ideas but have they instead thought about letting the judges hoist large signs with whichever fighter they think won at the end of the fight?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
are they seriously loving proposing digitising scorecards, the thing where you write "10" under the name of the guy who won and "9" under the other one, or, on occasion most rare, "8"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Triticum Guzzler posted:

are they seriously loving proposing digitising scorecards, the thing where you write "10" under the name of the guy who won and "9" under the other one, or, on occasion most rare, "8"

Well yeah that way the very long time period where the physical scorecards are turned in will be null and void

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Counter point: Sometimes judges can't math

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That would actually make it way easier to have a scoreboard, which would probably help eliminate the number of times where fighters coast in the 3rd/4th round and lose, which is often a big factor in bad decisions.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm very sad that nobody capable of coming up with a funny Angry Byrd joke is watching this live.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Ditch posted:

That would actually make it way easier to have a scoreboard, which would probably help eliminate the number of times where fighters coast in the 3rd/4th round and lose, which is often a big factor in bad decisions.

k-1 instituted open scoring for this reason, and then when zambidis/chahid happened and turned out to be really good the judges turned in mathematically impossible scorecards to force an extra round. it was cool.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
""Guys I live in technology, technology is going to fail"

Yes, a good point man trying to sell a product.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

k-1 instituted open scoring for this reason, and then when zambidis/chahid happened and turned out to be really good the judges turned in mathematically impossible scorecards to force an extra round. it was cool.

didn't that happen to JLB once and he walked off? I have a hazy memory but I think open scoring led to that happening

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
How can people talk so long without saying anything?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Yo I legit don't have a single clue what they've been talking about for 15 minutes. I just keep hearing the same thing about officials, Nevada, and other states but I don't know what the gently caress it's about

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
they realize they only have 5 refs and need to start recruiting more. for some reason this has taken over 30 minutes just to approve the possibility of approving a recruitment plan.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Am I high or did Yakety Sax just start playing

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I heard it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

You are not.

But to be honest, it was running in my head the entire hearing so far.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Aguilar ain't got time for no science talk

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
When is Silva and Diaz up?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

oh my god

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

what in the world

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Well that just about sums up this entire situation

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
how can this keep getting better?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I swear, one of these days, I'm going to con my way into an NSAC hearing telephone queue just to play ringtones.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

NSAC vs. teleconferencing

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Number to call in for public comment to NSAC: (877)8738018 access code 9001021# Troll away goons.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
This is a pretty good appeal so far

individual865 posted:

Number to call in for public comment to NSAC: (877)8738018 access code 9001021# Troll away goons.

Wait what

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

The Nevada loving attorney general is here to talk about eye pokes.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

This is a pretty good appeal so far

Wait what

That's the number to dial in to the hearing. There will be a public comment section at the end.

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

Dangersim posted:

That is some dipshit wording. Interpeting a rule makes it challengable, but just loving ignoring it or missing it makes it not challengable.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

This is a really wordy way of saying gently caress brazil

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

So it's not cheating if you don't get caught is official policy

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dangersim posted:

That guy is somewhat of a DA for the commission.

Haha, "we have something of a wrong without a remedy here" and there's "nothing" they can do.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Back, and to the left

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
didn't they institute instant replay and legally give themselves power to remedy these situations several years ago??

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Ah if you watch the fight veeeeery closely you can see that bulldog chokes are loving cool

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

didn't they institute instant replay and legally give themselves power to remedy these situations several years ago??

Their opinion is the instant replay rule is written narrowly and does not apply to this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
How does Absolute Gentleman rank on the scale of being someone's best friend?

• Locked thread