Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
GHOSTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this dude is a piece of poo poo for not paying child support, but how is he supposed to make money if he can't fight? go work at mcdonalds until he saves up 8K plus $450 a month?

mewse
May 2, 2006

tesilential posted:

what eye pokes have you seen that didn't deserve a point deduction? like if jones got a point deduct the first time he poked glover, i doubt he would have poked him anymore after that.

Guys would fake receiving eye pokes like CRAZY if it was an automatic point deduction, and refs currently stop the action and give the victim time to recover because they believe it's unintentional, even if they aren't 100% it actually happened because they didn't go to instant replay.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Buncha funny things at this hearing.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
If the NSAC doesn't bow down before Golden Boy I'd be shocked

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol some guy from Mayweather productions called and said he would handle it and the commission is like oh cool we're done

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bahaha the motion is closed and Bill Brady desperately tries to make a new best friend before they leave

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this dude's manager is legit high right now and has done zero prep. this thing is less serious than even the most useless conference call at work

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Who let this high school kid run fight organizations?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mewse posted:

Bahaha the motion is closed and Bill Brady desperately tries to make a new best friend before they leave

A true gentleman!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'm tapping out because I really don't need to hear how BOXING IS BACK for the 30th time in the last 10 years.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
guy from NBC shamelessly getting several minutes of free "press"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I stayed tuned to this clowncar mess for three hours, 20 minutes waiting for something of relevance concerning Diaz, Silva and Lombard, I'll be damned if I'm not going to stay strong and not suffer through the next three hours.

Hahahaahaha REFCAM.

Tony Marnell is flexing as we speak.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

tesilential posted:

what eye pokes have you seen that didn't deserve a point deduction?

like 90% of them?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

When I miss things at work I always come home and read through game day thread and really enjoy it.

I love this forum.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
This might as well double as the PED press conference GDT too. Starts at 1PM EST. It'll probably be broadcast on different places but I can't find any except http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/video-watch-todays-ufc-drug-testing-press-conference-on-mmajunkie-at-1-p-m-et .

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
where the hell is my 50 year old juiced up billionaire telling me about the dangers of performance enhancing drugs

Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005
Im watching it here http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-press-event-2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bubba Smith posted:

where the hell is my 50 year old juiced up billionaire telling me about the dangers of performance enhancing drugs

?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm glad that this whole PED conference was just to announce Robbie vs Rory in the summer.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
hahahah 26% of fighters fail out of competition drug tests.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Now it makes total sense why Vitor Belfort's next fight will no longer be the main event.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Point 1 - the UFC wants every commission to test 100% of all fighters in-competition (night of) and will pay for any additional costs.

Point 2 - Every main event and championship match will have enhanced testing by the commissions effective July 1

Point 3 - The UFC will institute comprehensive out-of-competition random PED testing, all UFC fighters will be subject to it effective July 1. Testing will be by an independent 3rd party using WADA testing standards. Currently engaged in talks with multiple potential third parties.

Point 4 - advocating for longer suspensions and harsher penalties from the athletic commissions. Mentioned WADA standard of 2 year and 4 year bans.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I didn't catch if there were established penalties mentioned for point 3 or not

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fozzy The Bear posted:

hahahah 26% of fighters fail out of competition drug tests.

In the UFC? MMA?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

kimbo305 posted:

In the UFC? MMA?

In the UFC.

But it was a small sample size. The UFC has only tested 19 fighters with out of competition testing and 5 tested positive.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

For reference I think it was 1.1 or 1.3% tested positive when they did IN competition tests.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bubba Smith posted:

Now it makes total sense why Vitor Belfort's next fight will no longer be the main event.

title fights get out of competition tested too

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Someone Post the minutes of Thierse thong, I'm sitting in class.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

They really want 4 year ban for 1st PED test. That would be crazy. I like it, but that is serious time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Can't wait for more cancelled PPVs.

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Point 1 - the UFC wants every commission to test 100% of all fighters in-competition (night of) and will pay for any additional costs.

Point 2 - Every main event and championship match will have enhanced testing by the commissions effective July 1

Point 3 - The UFC will institute comprehensive out-of-competition random PED testing, all UFC fighters will be subject to it effective July 1. Testing will be by an independent 3rd party using WADA testing standards. Currently engaged in talks with multiple potential third parties.

Point 4 - advocating for longer suspensions and harsher penalties from the athletic commissions. Mentioned WADA standard of 2 year and 4 year bans.

*GSP awkwardly tries to hide erection*

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Fozzy The Bear posted:

They really want 4 year ban for 1st PED test. That would be crazy. I like it, but that is serious time.

So is Vitor grandfathered in and back on strike one, or is he facing a lifetime ban for his third pop?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Dana White just called Joe Rogan flamboyant.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Ownage

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo
All this is awesome, but I do wonder if guys who are injured get a free pass or not from prescriptions and all.

Hopefully that gets covered.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
4 year ban is nuuuuuts. Would that be something that could be reduced/appealed? I know right now the 1-year is a joke because you show up, say "it was from my black market protein powder!!!" and get it reduced to 6 months but 4 years seems insane.

On the other hand, at least people can't say that weed and steroids have the same penalty now.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

NTRKouhai posted:

All this is awesome, but I do wonder if guys who are injured get a free pass or not from prescriptions and all.

Hopefully that gets covered.

They won't do out of competition tests for opioids and such. Unless you're Jon Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Thank you for posting these. If they actually stick with these changes they sound like really good moves.

• Locked thread