Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

And Gwyn isn't?

No kidding, but I can't vote twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Milky Moor posted:

And Gwyn isn't?

Not that I'm defending DJ and, honestly, I think Gwyn is more likely a really bad townie than a scum (although they could be a scum that has doubled-down on their bad plays) but I'm just trying to see if we're on the same page.

I'm content with voting for DJ, Gwyn or black_tangled.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

No kidding, but I can't vote twice.

Got it.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Sigh. Since I have to spell it out, I was trying to talk abut something other than the same 3 people. That doesn't seem to be of interest. Disregard, let's all vote dj bbq. Hurrah for town.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

black_tangled posted:

Sigh. Since I have to spell it out, I was trying to talk abut something other than the same 3 people. That doesn't seem to be of interest. Disregard, let's all vote dj bbq. Hurrah for town.

Defend your voting history for me, thanks. Let's see. A quick glance shows me Anidav, Bif during the thunderdome and DJ. Did I miss any?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

##vote dj-bbq

I have a few other suspicions but I'm mindful of not letting this day go without a lynch. Frankly, if dj-bbq is town, they're just confusing the poo poo out of everyone by having such a lovely posting record.

This confusing the town thing is fine for anidav, I'm not sold on BBQ. I just think people are prejudiced on BBQ for earlier flakiness (when hidden has done the same ) and are going to draw anything they can against him.

I think someone had been playing a bit dumb:

##vote Gwynplaine

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I mean, suddenly you seem kind of sarcastic about voting for him, but you threw one down on him a few days ago...

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Milky, I'm about to disappear for a while. I have no shame saying my scumdar is pretty borked at the moment. Yes, I'm suss about bbq, yes, I'm suss about Gwyn. I suspect Gwyn is most likely just a complete noob.

I still have a lot of trust in Tirade, and a reasonably high amount of trust in BT.

The people floating around the mid-range of sussness for me are Splode and HM. Splode's voting record isn't encouraging and he seems to be bandwagoning. HM is just a bit inscrutable, but I kind of believe that he's thinking out loud in a way that a scum player probably wouldn't.

Beet is a complete mystery to me at this point.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I have been suss on dj for days, he is scum or useless town. I've said my piece on gwyn today, but dj has the votes for now, so we can revisit that tomorrow.

##vote dj-bbq

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Milky, I'm about to disappear for a while. I have no shame saying my scumdar is pretty borked at the moment. Yes, I'm suss about bbq, yes, I'm suss about Gwyn. I suspect Gwyn is most likely just a complete noob.

I still have a lot of trust in Tirade, and a reasonably high amount of trust in BT.

The people floating around the mid-range of sussness for me are Splode and HM. Splode's voting record isn't encouraging and he seems to be bandwagoning. HM is just a bit inscrutable, but I kind of believe that he's thinking out loud in a way that a scum player probably wouldn't.

Received and acknowledged.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

Defend your voting history for me, thanks. Let's see. A quick glance shows me Anidav, Bif during the thunderdome and DJ. Did I miss any?

Lol show me a player with a better voting record.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

black_tangled posted:

Lol show me a player with a better voting record.

A stunning defence.

##vote dj-bbq

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The result of this will be very telling.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for dj-bbq.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
In his laboratory Shockwave has "taken aside" one of his "comrades" for "questioning".

Shockwave: "My efforts to tame you in the past have failed, unfortunately for you, I do not repeat my mistakes..."

Megatron: "Shockwave! I thought I'd find you here! Skulking around!"

Shockwave: "... yes this is my laboratory, logically you'd find me here.."

Megatron: "Don't play games with me, Shockwave! I've noticed you've been quieter than usual! And someone has repeatedly told me that you are 'behind it all'! Time to face judgement!"

Shockwave: ".. quieter than...? I'M ALWAYS QUIET YOU IDIOT!"

Megatron: "Quiet as THE GRAVE, you mean!"

And with that he obliterates Shockwave as he has so many others.

--------------------------

SHOCKWAVE was not behind it all!

(RIP DJ BBQ, TOWN ROLEBLOCKER)

Night actions tout de suite!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Grimlock has been kept in detention in Shockwave's lab after it being revealed he'd been on a week-long murder spree.

Megatron: "I have instructed one of my soldiers to detonate your cell should you transform into your rage-fueled dinosaur mode and attempt to kill even more of us! Do not test him, and await our judgement!"

Grimlock struggles against the restraints but sees the threat is genuine, and he must remain calm if he is to live.

It is not long, however, before he has a visitor.

Swindle: "Grimlock Old Buddy, I've noticed you've been doing a lot of killing, nice work! I'd like to make a killing myself, if you know what I mean?"

Grimlock: "Me Grimlock not great with metaphors but me listening."

Swindle: "Fantastic! I've noticed you're all swords and shields, which is great for up close and personal, but what about arial targets? I've got a little number here, the third generation in concussion missile technology! They call it 'the big one'!"

Grimlock: "But if it the third one they made, why they call it 'one'?"

Swindle: "Because it's the big one!"

Grimlock: "BUT. IT. THREE. NOT. ONE!"

-------------------------------------

SWINDLE failed to seal the deal!

(RIP BLACK_TANGLED, SCUM ROLEBLOCKER)

GRIMLOCK has finally stopped killing people!

(RIP MILKY MOOR, TOWN VIGILANTE)

-------------------------------------

MISSION 5 BEGINS

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 20, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (7): dj-bbq, Gwynplaine, hiddenmovement, Matthew Beet, Splode, Those On My Left, Tirade

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 45 minutes.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (6): Gwynplaine, hiddenmovement, Matthew Beet, Splode, Those On My Left, Tirade

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 44 minutes.

Sorry forgot to remove BBQ

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

Hey my voting record is no worse than anyone elses, we haven't lynched a single scum.

I've got to disagree with you on gwyn though. This is HM's first game too, and he's been playing a lot better (regardless of his alignment) than gwyn. I suspect his team just let him post whatever after his first few terrible theories knowing he could pretend to just be a dumb noob. He ran a pretty good white noise campaign yesterday.

I don't really know why we've all forgotten about bbq, who was requesting role claims during the bif fiasco. I bet he can't believe his luck!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Given that he got totaled yesterday, I don't think bbq's feeling that lucky.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Gwynplaine posted:

Given that he got totaled yesterday, I don't think bbq's feeling that lucky.

hahahaha good point

I just got up, I am bad at reading

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Grimlock: "But if it's the third one they made, why they call it 'one'?"

:lol:

Ok I was so gunna get stuck into milky today over his ridiculous argument that three deaths out of the lynch bomb debacle would benefit town. Especially when all three flipped town.

But now so has he

:psyduck:

Surprised milky didn't go Gwynplaine? I thought that was your hint toml and him saying 'got it'.

Okay so BT and sk were both scum? Did they have any sort of voting strategy or targets?

At soccer with son, will look through it all by lunch.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

well that changes things
so bbq was just an idiot I guess

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Splode, how do you feel about beet?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
I reckon that we've got enough power roles left that we probably have a lock on this game if we're smart, particularly now that scum lost their roleblocker.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tirade posted:

Splode, how do you feel about beet?

similar to TOML, he's sort of inscrutable.

He hasn't done anything that I've picked up on as suss, but when we're down to 6 players with one confirmed town, anyone who's still alive is obviously suspicious

I think the most suspicious thing about beet is a player of his quality is still alive, but so is TOML and milky only died last night, so that doesn't mean as much as it usually wood.

I've got my eye on him, but the weird slip ups and gambits from gwyn seem more suspicious for now, what do you think?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

similar to TOML, he's sort of inscrutable.

He hasn't done anything that I've picked up on as suss, but when we're down to 6 players with one confirmed town, anyone who's still alive is obviously suspicious

I think the most suspicious thing about beet is a player of his quality is still alive, but so is TOML and milky only died last night, so that doesn't mean as much as it usually wood.

I've got my eye on him, but the weird slip ups and gambits from gwyn seem more suspicious for now, what do you think?

I don't know. I'm trying to think whether we've got enough to lay-down misere and figure out how to game out the rest of the days.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
As in we've got a doc, a known town, it's clear that I've got something that can help town a bit, my guess is that almost everyone else has a role as well. If there's only one or two scum left we could game theory a solution that would guarantee town win.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tirade posted:

As in we've got a doc, a known town, it's clear that I've got something that can help town a bit, my guess is that almost everyone else has a role as well. If there's only one or two scum left we could game theory a solution that would guarantee town win.

I see what you're getting that but a plan that hinges on gwyn actually being the nurse and that not being a scum trick is inherently risky. Especially because if we actually come out and so "ok so you protect HM and you can do this" you've literally told the scum who's protected and who isn't.

Was it you that told the nurse to protect TOML last night? Because that probably sealed milky's fate.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

I see what you're getting that but a plan that hinges on gwyn actually being the nurse and that not being a scum trick is inherently risky. Especially because if we actually come out and so "ok so you protect HM and you can do this" you've literally told the scum who's protected and who isn't.

Was it you that told the nurse to protect TOML last night? Because that probably sealed milky's fate.

Again, it really depends on what other roles are out there. If people don't think it's a good idea then that's fine. But I'm pretty sure gwyn and hidden have both made unsubtle roleclaims. If they or any of us have any useful information I reckon now's the time to speak up.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
And I stand by the choice to protect toml over milky.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Not actually the nurse. I think the way I post tends to implicate me because everyone is used to people speaking in double and triple levels of deception and I, not knowing any better have been just blabbing the truth and whatever thought pops into my head. If we are to take a chance on me and assume I am just very very incompetent town with too much enthusiasm and precious little self preservation, then the way I post is not particularly suspicious.

However, I am quickly realizing that saying something like I just said is also incredibly suspicious. Unless we also assume the above is true.

I've been firing some wild shots, but ultimately I've been right about quite a lot. I thought that TOML, Bif and Coq were all innocent and they were. I called that bbq was a town roleblocker, despite my earlier suspicions of him. I called that we're dealing exclusively with combaticons and that that definitely includes swindle. There are absolutely two scum left.

If I get lynched, the scum will probably be able to deal with whose left.

The scum know this and that's why they're leaving me alive. They know suspicions are already pretty high on me and they couldn't PLAN or plant a scummier more obvious distraction than me. Because they know I only know one way to post and is always scummy as all get out.

They think the town is that gullible. That predictable. They are counting on it.

I realise I've probably broken my previous records on stupid, stupid posts. For all those clutching their temples, I apologize. This is all I really know.

My scum picks are Beet and HM, for what it's worth.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Gonna wait for toml to weigh in on this, but I'm pretty sure we can almost guarantee the doc and toml to live through tonight. But that's not going to be great unless we lynch a scum today, because it will likely be 2v2 which is a scum lock unless there's some final hosed up power that can be used.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Morning goons.

Black Tangled, I trusted you! :mad:

Alright so my scumdar is pretty off. I'm going out for breakfast now, will have a bit of a think and a read and post some more later. Sorry I don't have anything great to share!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

It's worth noting that Milky was right about BT and so may also be right about Gwyn.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
TOML, give some thought to my mass roleclaim proposal. The more I think about it the more I like it. If I claim I can prove almost beyond doubt that I'm town. Assuming that there's two left, that means today's lynch is 50/50 whether we hit a scum or town. If others claim they could either prove themselves town as well, or gently caress up and be caught out in a lie.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Milky was wrong about poor bbq, though.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Gwynplaine posted:

Not actually the nurse. I think the way I post tends to implicate me because everyone is used to people speaking in double and triple levels of deception and I, not knowing any better have been just blabbing the truth and whatever thought pops into my head. If we are to take a chance on me and assume I am just very very incompetent town with too much enthusiasm and precious little self preservation, then the way I post is not particularly suspicious.

However, I am quickly realizing that saying something like I just said is also incredibly suspicious. Unless we also assume the above is true.

I've been firing some wild shots, but ultimately I've been right about quite a lot. I thought that TOML, Bif and Coq were all innocent and they were. I called that bbq was a town roleblocker, despite my earlier suspicions of him. I called that we're dealing exclusively with combaticons and that that definitely includes swindle. There are absolutely two scum left.

If I get lynched, the scum will probably be able to deal with whose left.

The scum know this and that's why they're leaving me alive. They know suspicions are already pretty high on me and they couldn't PLAN or plant a scummier more obvious distraction than me. Because they know I only know one way to post and is always scummy as all get out.

They think the town is that gullible. That predictable. They are counting on it.

I realise I've probably broken my previous records on stupid, stupid posts. For all those clutching their temples, I apologize. This is all I really know.

My scum picks are Beet and HM, for what it's worth.

This is damning as hell. Your comment about knowing about a strongman was an obvious role claim as nurse. The only way you could know that is if you're a nurse, and your target died, or you're scum, and you or your team are the strongman, or you're scum and you want us to believe there is a strongman out there.

The rest of your post is just the anidav defence of playing new and dumb.

Tirade, to reiterate, I do see what you are angling for, but this close to the end if scum knows all the roles we're hosed. If scum knows what all the roles are doing we're even more hosed.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
More importantly, if our doc claims and no-one else counterclaims, that makes it 67% chance of a correct lynch even before we get to look at post histories. If there is a counterclaim, one of them will be scum and we get the day to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

My strongman claim was based on the idea that Milky was a bodyguard or doctor that someone had strongmanned past. It was a matter of rules ignorance and not knowing milky's role is all.

• Locked thread